Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:01 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Votecount 1.6b

shos 7 (Moogle Dance Troupe, BulbaFenix, Majiffy, ProHawk, TSO, BBmolla, Egg)

Abomination 5 (shos, Mist7676, Young and Beautiful, Katsuki, Nero Cain)

Iecerint 3 (Lord Mhork, Rhaego, Always)

xofelf 1 (Svenskt Stål)
beastcharizard 1 (Venmar)
Mist7676 1 (Iecerint)
Lord Mhork 1 (ActionDan)

Not Voting 9 (geists, Sakura Hana, Birds of Prey, Clyton, The Goat, Klick, Abomination, beastcharizard, xofelf)

15 to lynch.

Deadline: July 18, 2 PM EST.
Last edited by Cephrir on Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:03 pm

Post by Klick »

I do exist! I'll admit it, the pace and size of the game is making me procrastinate. However, I'm committed to actually doing stuff in this game.

I don't have any major scum reads at the moment, but there are quite a few people that, during skim-reading, I got a pretty decent town read on. I didn't really keep notes, but Iecerint, Abomination, Venmar, and xof are among the list. Reasons are a mix of mostly gut and a few specific things that stood out to me while I was reading. I'm willing to go over anyone in particular if someone would like. Otherwise, I'm probably just going to start gathering information from this post forward.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:06 pm

Post by T S O »

Venmar.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:12 pm

Post by Klick »

...I think I may have mixed him up with someone else. I get literally nothing leaning one way or another from his ISO. :oops:

I'm confident in the other three, though.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:21 pm

Post by geists »

In post 403, Klick wrote:...I think I may have mixed him up with someone else. I get literally nothing leaning one way or another from his ISO. :oops:

I'm confident in the other three, though.
Two of them are varying shades of scumread to me. I'd like to understand your Iece and xofelf townreads.
Always
Always
Goon
Always
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:25 pm

Post by Always »

In post 397, T S O wrote:oh wow shos is above me? and Venmar is your second strongest townread?
Yes and yes.
In post 402, T S O wrote:Venmar.
He's 100% town.
In post 401, Klick wrote:I don't have any major scum reads at the moment, but there are quite a few people that, during skim-reading, I got a pretty decent town read on. I didn't really keep notes, but
Iecerint
, Abomination, Venmar, and
xof
are among the list. Reasons are a mix of mostly gut and a few specific things that stood out to me while I was reading. I'm willing to go over anyone in particular if someone would like. Otherwise, I'm probably just going to start gathering information from this post forward.
:shifty:
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:30 pm

Post by T S O »

hmm. 100% Town? I'm getting 100% null.

Enlighten me.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:36 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Wow, Mastin is bad at this game.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:38 pm

Post by geists »

This seems like a really different sort of reaction to being scumread on day 1 from what I remember in other games. Especially the Dr Who game.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:42 pm

Post by T S O »

can you please sign your posts? I assume that was ffery, but it makes it easier for me.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:43 pm

Post by T S O »

I probably seem really snarky but this game is somewhat difficult to figure out and stuff.
-Marquis
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:50 pm

Post by Iecerint »

@ Nati or whoever that was -- I feel like anyone who knows how I play at all should think that I am town right now. I guess this isn't necessarily really true of Mastin, whom I think I've played with exactly once and it was 2009, but I find her combination of vacuity, pomposity, and verbosity grating.

However, people's reads on me have been pretty RNG early game for the last several games I've played I think. There's usually a burst of anti-Iec sentiment sometime either D1 or D2 that never goes anywhere. So I'm trying not to overinterpret it.

I don't play games as frequently anymore, and I think the meta has shifted enough that there's not much correlation between how I perceive how I'm playing in a particular game and how I'm perceived.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:04 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 407, Iecerint wrote:Wow, Mastin is bad at this game.
you are just now realizing this?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:37 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Vla is now more like leave of absence as my computer will no longer turn on.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:12 pm

Post by geists »

In post 409, T S O wrote:can you please sign your posts? I assume that was ffery, but it makes it easier for me.
I don't like to be a pain, but I won't remember to do that so I'm not going to try. When I think there's ambiguity I usually say something to make it clear who is posting.

So far, they are all ffery posts. When Nati is around I'll send up a signal or something.
BulbaFenix
BulbaFenix
Goon
BulbaFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:14 pm

Post by BulbaFenix »

In post 409, T S O wrote:can you please sign your posts? I assume that was ffery, but it makes it easier for me.
This for ANY hydra in this game please (I will very, VERY rarely forget to do it, but I'll at least come back to do it).

~Fenix
Hydra of Bulbazak and Eddie Fenix.

Embrace the dissonance.
BulbaFenix
BulbaFenix
Goon
BulbaFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:26 pm

Post by BulbaFenix »

In post 168, Moogle Dance Troupe wrote:
In post 126, BulbaFenix wrote:...

Vote Shos

Other scumreads are MDT, Beast, and Venmar. I think at least one of AD/Mhork is likely scum. I also think there is at least 1 scum on the Abomination wagon.

-Bulba
We agree that shos is scum, but why do you think that? And why venmar?
Shos had only made 2 posts when I gave that read. In his first post, he flavor claimed, which I thought felt off. It felt as if he was cheaply reaching for towncred. Then in his second post, he talked about how the theme wouldn't help differentiate between alignments and roles. Again, it felt forced, as if he was trying to look like helpful town without putting much effort forth. Since then, and up to the point I've read, he's essentially just promised future content and tried to urge more votes on the Abomination wagon. It's mainly a gut ping from his posts that tells me that something is not right and the thought process is not genuine. As for Venmar, it's a gutread and probably my least developed read so far.
In post 197, T S O wrote:Why are we all softclaiming and roleclaiming again?
Either they're scum setting up a future claim, or they just really love the theme (See me in Defense of Hyrule.).
In post 204, Cephrir wrote:
Per their request, Burning_Earth is no longer part of Abomination.
In post 223, Always wrote: Clyton's town, 100%.
Okay. Why?
In post 226, Always wrote:
In post 126, BulbaFenix wrote:
Vote Shos

Other scumreads are MDT, Beast, and Venmar. I think at least one of AD/Mhork is likely scum. I also think there is at least 1 scum on the Abomination wagon.
Okay, so you're basically O for 4, here.
Okay, look, I know that this being all aloof with your reads early on is your thing, but I'd at least like reasons why you're so sure that my early scumreads are so wrong.
In post 226, Always wrote: Venmar is town.
Reasons?
In post 226, Always wrote: MDT's basically conftown.
Again, reasons, and it better have nothing to do with them claiming miller.
In post 226, Always wrote: Beast townslipped hard in the very post you're saying makes him scum.
Show me the townslip, because I don't think it's there.
In post 226, Always wrote: Shos could be scum but is a boring wagon to be frank.
I thought you said that I was wrong on all 4 of my early scumreads? How then could Shos be scum according to you? And how is he a boring wagon? He happens to be the strongest of my scumreads, and I actually think he's a very good wagon. You also seem to hard defend him a lot. Why is that?
In post 226, Always wrote: AD's basically conftown,
And Mhork's scum.
Aside from AD being conf. town (I don't think he is, but whatever.), you essentially just said what I said.
In post 226, Always wrote: The Abomination wagon having scum in it is obvious, and a boring opinion to have.
It's pretty good for a first impression run down, and it's more there for a reminder when I have time to fully dive in the game and do the VC work.
In post 234, T S O wrote:The truth is, he's a really nice guy, and really nice guys usually aren't scum.

In fact, they're
never
scum.
You're kidding, right?
In post 257, Rhaego wrote:Stop fighting. Now.
Any opinions on the game? Or was this just a glorified prod dodge?

I need to finish some things up elsewhere, but I'll finish catching up before I go to bed. I also need to talk some things over with Fenix. I'll be starting on page 12 when I get back.

-Bulba
Hydra of Bulbazak and Eddie Fenix.

Embrace the dissonance.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:36 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I don't have any read on Clyton at all, really, but I figure he's probably town if that many people are so sure of it.
Always
Always
Goon
Always
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:46 pm

Post by Always »

In post 406, T S O wrote:hmm. 100% Town?
Enlighten me.
No.

In post 416, BulbaFenix wrote:
In post 223, Always wrote:Clyton's town, 100%.
Okay. Why?
In post 226, Always wrote:Venmar is town.
Reasons?
'Cause I said so. That's why.
In post 226, Always wrote:
In post 126, BulbaFenix wrote:
Vote Shos

Okay, so you're basically O for 4, here.
Okay, look, I know that this being all aloof with your reads early on is your thing, but I'd at least like reasons why you're so sure that my early scumreads are so wrong.
Venmar's 100% town. Dan's play is a solid 90-95% town. MDT's play is also in that range, a good 85-95% themselves. (It's not just their claims, it's what they've done aside from those and who the players are making them.) And beast had what was most definitely a hardcore townslip. Mhork's looking town, too.
In post 226, Always wrote:Shos could be scum but is a boring wagon to be frank.
I thought you said that I was wrong on all 4 of my early scumreads? How then could Shos be scum according to you? And how is he a boring wagon? He happens to be the strongest of my scumreads, and I actually think he's a very good wagon. You also seem to hard defend him a lot. Why is that?
Slow down. shos at the time was a stronger townread than he is. Currently, he has the potential to be scum...but I feel he isn't scum. The wagon feels boring, uninteresting, and frankly, just as likely if not moreso to have scum driving it than the Abomination wagon did. He's mainly being townread on the circumstances surrounding the wagon rather than on his own merits as a player, in which I am solidly meh on.
In post 257, Rhaego wrote:Stop fighting. Now.
Any opinions on the game?
You do realize Rhageo was essentially saying "you're both town", right? It'd take a blind man to miss that.
In post 407, Iecerint wrote:Wow, Mastin is bad at this game.
Maybe so, but good enough to not be horrible with my reads! (This was not a town response.)
Always
Always
Goon
Always
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:48 pm

Post by Always »

In post 417, Iecerint wrote:I don't have any read on Clyton at all, really, but I figure he's probably town if that many people are so sure of it.
Uh-huh. Sure ya do. :neutral:
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:00 pm

Post by Iecerint »

OK.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:29 pm

Post by geists »

Mastin you usually at least try to explain your reads.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean, like Mastin's entrance to the game is just like the las game where he was scum. Would he do the exact same thing?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:35 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

3. shos
6. Katsuki
7. Sakura Hana
16. Majiffy
20. Clyton
21. Abomination (Who, Axxle, Haylen, MTD, T-Bone, ika, & BipolarChemist)
26. xofelf
28. Klick
^
so who wants to help me kill who?

Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:36 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

I was going to do this but I got hit with a mass depressive wave. Maybe I'll feel it more tonight
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”