Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #4050 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:46 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 4049, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 4046, mastin2 wrote:No reviews yet, not ironed out, but it's been an idea in my head in some form or another for a very long time and I was wondering if there would be interest in this humorous take on things, blending movies with novels with mafia. (If there is, then I'll begin the refinement of the idea.)
That depends. Do I win? Or at the very least, am I part of the epic 1v1 showdown at the very end on top of the [insert awesome final battle setting here]?
A message from the directorThe executives have not yet decided on the final scene of the movie, and if it'll be a happy ending or a depressing ending. All I know is that the executives have in mind three people having a climactic confrontation at the end. I have it on good word that the actors will have to do improv for it, though.

In other words, it's still a normal mafia game. The game mechanics mean that "the executives" have in mind a three-player lylo. (In 3p lylo, the characters would be given no script, thus...ending the game like a mafia game.) Plans can change, however--the game can end on earlier phases just like a normal mafia game can. Additionally, the bit that resembles AV's time travel mechanic is that plans can change: who is in the final three can be altered with executive meddling.
In general, though, it will be beneficial for the town to not follow the script perfectly yet also not discard it entirely.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4051 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:38 am

Post by reinoe »

This is going to be for something far off in the future, but I figured I'd get start now...

Looking for assistance designing a Mini Theme game.

The Quest For The Lost Remote. Send me a pm if anyone is interested in helping me design it.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
Colm
Colm
Watcher
Colm
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #4052 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:30 am

Post by Colm »

In post 4038, RedCoyote wrote:I have an idea for a mechanic, guys. Stop me if you've heard it before. The town controls the scum's PR and the scum controls the town's PR. Everything operates as normal, but, like, there's a Mafia RB that's controlled by the town and a town JK controlled by the scum. Not necessarily those two roles, but just to give you an idea of what I'm referring to. Has something like that been done before?
Wouldn't that require that you give town and scum the exact same set of PR's or the redirects would seem to get confusing. Suppose I am town doc and protect X and I am tethered to scum tracker who follows Y. Would Y be protected and scum gets the track on X? If so what would happen if town doc protected scum tracker, would doc protect himself and tracker track himself?
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4053 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:45 pm

Post by Aegor »

Interested in a Mass Effect Mafia series based on the video games series. Maybe three games, following the story. I hope to have interesting mechanics that are flavor-relevant.

Would anyone be interested in playing? Or designing/co-modding, for that matter?
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #4054 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:08 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 4053, Aegor wrote:Would anyone be interested in playing?
Never played the games, but answer's still yes all the same, since a mafia game about them would give me a look into them.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4055 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:12 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 4053, Aegor wrote:Interested in a Mass Effect Mafia series based on the video games series. Maybe three games, following the story. I hope to have interesting mechanics that are flavor-relevant.

Would anyone be interested in playing? Or designing/co-modding, for that matter?
Will the third game have an ending that doesn't change no matter what choices we make?
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
JerryArr
JerryArr
he/him
Goon
JerryArr
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4056 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:18 am

Post by JerryArr »

In post 4045, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:I hate you now Jerry... I was thinking about hosting a Carman SanDiego game. If done right this could be really cool. Are you going to have the Rockapella theme?
It would make an appearance, yeah.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4057 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:20 pm

Post by Aegor »

In post 4055, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 4053, Aegor wrote:Interested in a Mass Effect Mafia series based on the video games series. Maybe three games, following the story. I hope to have interesting mechanics that are flavor-relevant.

Will the third game have an ending that doesn't change no matter what choices we make?
I considered it, but I had to balance fidelity to the source material with the need to make an actual, you know, mafia game. Although I do confess that the ME3 ending did not bother me in the slightest because I do not really care about having control over the narrative.
M A S Q U E R A D E
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4058 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:27 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

The ending you would have to have a townie vote himself in Lylo to have an idea how shit the ending was.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4059 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:55 pm

Post by Cabd »

I would very much be okay with this.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4060 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:01 pm

Post by Aegor »

Sweet. I will plan to make one then. If you are interested in co-modding or designing, PM me or check the Backup/Co-mod thread.
M A S Q U E R A D E
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4061 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:44 pm

Post by shos »

Hi everyone,
I was wondering lately, and I have some grand ideas for a GTA-based series of games. games will be big, probably all large games.
SOOOO I wanted to know if this would be popular or not, should I start creating everything and review for balance and stuff?
I'll start with GTA2, then move upwards, surely San Andreas, maybe 3/4/5 dunno we'll see how it goes..
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4062 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:14 am

Post by shos »

well I don't quite know how often peeps check this out so I'll be glad if anyone who things they might be interested in playing pms me or posts here:

http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/ik3ziTJ4JfKyZ

you can also see the planning of my previous game there. it ended right now, here:

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=56226
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4063 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:33 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Are there enough fans of RoosterTeeth around these parts to make a RoosterTeeth-themed Mafia?

For those who may not know the company name, RoosterTeeth produces the following shows/channels:

Red vs. Blue
RWBY
RT Shorts
RT Podcast
The Patch
The Know
Achievement Hunter (Let's Plays)
The Gauntlet
Immersion
Slo Mo Guys
etc.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4064 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:14 pm

Post by Aegor »

I would totally be down. As long as I get to be Gavin. :P
M A S Q U E R A D E
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4065 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:25 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Aegor wants to sabotage himself. That's fine with me.

Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4066 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:29 am

Post by saulres »

Do you self-identify as a VI?

Do others identify you as a VI?

Would you like to play in a game consisting of all VIs, to induce much face-palming?

If I get enough Yeses, I will run a VI Invitational. Or attempt to, however such a thing is done. I dunno. But I'll find out. Because I need more of this in my life:

"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4067 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:47 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Sounds really lulzy but I'd say that anyone self aware/self deprecating enough to actually join the game is not a true VI
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4068 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:55 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 4067, Not_Mafia wrote:Sounds really lulzy but I'd say that anyone self aware/self deprecating enough to actually join the game is not a true VI

I would totally in for such a game cuz I know I've derped it up in some past games. Unfortunately because it's a "VI" theme who knows how people would feel about getting invited.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4069 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:19 am

Post by saulres »

Maybe a VI nominational? People can nominate other people to play :lol:
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4070 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:31 am

Post by Bitmap »

/propose
Ace Attorney Mafia

Day phases will be split into two phases.

Phase One: Investigation Phase (X days)

During this phase, they can normally vote for someone. There will be certain hidden evidence items that can be found by both town and scum that can be used for Phase Two based on performance. The person with the most votes will be the "Defendant" for Phase Two. The first person on the "Defendant" wagon will be the "Prosecutor". There is no lynching during this phase.

Phase Two: Courtroom Phase (X days)

Evidence can be used during this phase. Normal lynch mechanics apply. Defendant will receive certain powers and a "Hated" modifier for that day. Prosecutor will receive certain powers that day as well.

Night

Normal night kill mechanics.

Anyways, this is still in planning stages but please tell me what you guys think.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4071 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:41 am

Post by ZZZX »

My people may consider my play a VI of high quality :P

I would love to go in so I can derp how I want.

Btw should people be interested with a MafiaScum themed game?

It would either have people taking other known players names as roles and try to imitate them as a slight Post Restriction and perks depending on that player. (can replace players with roles like derpy player. etc)

what do yo think.?
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4072 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:42 am

Post by ZZZX »

In post 4070, Bitmap wrote:/propose
Ace Attorney Mafia

Day phases will be split into two phases.

Phase One: Investigation Phase (X days)

During this phase, they can normally vote for someone. There will be certain hidden evidence items that can be found by both town and scum that can be used for Phase Two based on performance. The person with the most votes will be the "Defendant" for Phase Two. The first person on the "Defendant" wagon will be the "Prosecutor". There is no lynching during this phase.

Phase Two: Courtroom Phase (X days)

Evidence can be used during this phase. Normal lynch mechanics apply. Defendant will receive certain powers and a "Hated" modifier for that day. Prosecutor will receive certain powers that day as well.

Night

Normal night kill mechanics.

Anyways, this is still in planning stages but please tell me what you guys think.

Interesting. :)
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
Burning_Earth
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4073 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:55 pm

Post by Burning_Earth »

In post 4066, saulres wrote:Do you self-identify as a VI?

Do others identify you as a VI?

Would you like to play in a game consisting of all VIs, to induce much face-palming?

If I get enough Yeses, I will run a VI Invitational. Or attempt to, however such a thing is done. I dunno. But I'll find out. Because I need more of this in my life:

ME!
Burning_Earth
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4074 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:58 pm

Post by Burning_Earth »

In post 4071, ZZZX wrote:My people may consider my play a VI of high quality :P

I would love to go in so I can derp how I want.

Btw should people be interested with a MafiaScum themed game?

It would either have people taking other known players names as roles and try to imitate them as a slight Post Restriction and perks depending on that player. (can replace players with roles like derpy player. etc)

what do yo think.?

This has been done many many times. (I guess that doesn't stop you from running one but it isn't new)

Return to “Mafia Discussion”