Always
Always
Goon
Always
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:10 pm

Post by Always »

In post 271, Lord Mhork wrote:(Neither do I. People like it when you quote stuff and make thoughts though, or so I hear. I personally just look for motivation, call out scum, and then die while they don't get lynched)
For the record, this is something I'm actually really good at, too. It's all in the formatting. People like to joke and
say
they don't read Mastin posts, but unless I've ticked off a player (which typically only happens by tunneling hardcore on them)
that
much, they actually do.

Even the walls. (Actually, especially the walls--I'm actually not even the most notorious waller in basically any game, because my walls have been formatted to have a flow to them that most wallers lack, and I know when to hit submit, generally, a skill many wallers neglect to learn. They rarely exceed a screen length, barely even qualifying for the
name
"wall".)
In post 273, Always wrote:There's two heads to this hydra. If I feel something is off with Mastin's reads, I'll let her know and she'll listen to me. So, if you don't want to interact with her then interact with me. If I get conflicting with reads, I'll damn right tell her, so yeah.
We'll talk in our topic pretty soon I reckon. I've more or less got reads, though in need of refinement. (Mhork's back to null for instance.)

A frequent dynamic in Mastin hydras is that I get really, really good at creating reads, tying them all together, having all these intricate webs, showing it all off in a fairly Sherlocky way (I have the show on my mind, 'kay? I've always identified with Sherlock thanks to personality similarities), but need a hydra partner (a Watson) to serve to slow me down, let the things unclear become explained, and hone in and refine my things. (More or less anyway.)
In post 272, Nero Cain wrote:but SRS, why is Clyton town?
'Cause I said so. :P
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:12 pm

Post by xofelf »

Ah, something came up in my life today so I am not in the proper mental state to deal with this game. I will come back to it tomorrow. Any questions or reactions wanted will have to wait til then.
Thank you.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:13 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

._.
Mastin remember our hydra? Ya know, the reason we have this bad blood? Just saying... :P

PEDIT:
<3 xof. You have my sympathies there and I wish you the best.
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:14 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Votecount 1.4

Abomination 6 (shos, kdowns, Young and Beautiful, Rhaego, Katsuki, Nero Cain)

shos 3 (Moogle Dance Troupe, BulbaFenix, Majiffy)

xofelf 2 (Svenskt Stål, Always)
kdowns 2 (xofelf, Iecerint)

ActionDan 1 (Lord Mhork)
Always 1 (ProHawk)
Young and Beautiful 1 (T S O)
Lord Mhork 1 (ActionDan)
Nero Cain 1 (beastcharizard)

Not Voting 10 (geists, Sakura Hana, Birds of Prey, Clyton, The Goat, BBmolla, Egg, Klick, Abomination, Venmar)

15 to lynch.

Deadline: July 18, 2 PM EST.
Last edited by Cephrir on Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:23 pm

Post by Venmar »

In post 259, Majiffy wrote:No no, let it continue. I'm almost there.

Spoiler: nsfw
10/10 would fap to tom hanks again

actually his strokes are really broad/long, how long is this mans dick?
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:29 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 275, Always wrote:
In post 272, Nero Cain wrote:but SRS, why is Clyton town?
'Cause I said so. :P
not good enuff. I'll be the first one to admit that I have a really hard time telling the difference between newb town and newb scum but guess what? Its an alt trying to look like a newbie. Though in tales of you it did try to look town so hey maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm right. Though my gut says its scum and unless it starts wowing me with content then I say lynch that shit.

also, you lurk like shit in our hydra, mastin.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:38 pm

Post by Majiffy »

I remember this dude! I liked this dude.
In post 279, Venmar wrote:10/10 would fap to tom hanks again

actually his strokes are really broad/long, how long is this mans dick?
10/10 Tom Hanks would fap to you fapping to him fapping again.

And I think you know. :wink:
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:41 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

Damnit Majiffy I forgot you weren't the mod >.<

Whatever. I'm starting the read now
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Always
Always
Goon
Always
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:51 pm

Post by Always »

In post 280, Nero Cain wrote:not good enuff.
Yes, it is.

Clyton is town.
I'll be the first one to admit that I have a really hard time telling the difference between newb town and newb scum but guess what? Its an alt trying to look like a newbie.
'Cept it's not; Clyton's from another site. His first game here was Tales of You.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:53 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

well obviously

even if he's new HERE he's still a newb..
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Always
Always
Goon
Always
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:58 pm

Post by Always »

Newbish, but no newb.
And no alt.

And also irrelevant.

Clyton's town, trust me, move on, leave it at that.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:01 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

In post 20, Iecerint wrote:I looked at at the player list and immediately wanted to vote that monstrosity, but now it feels silly.

VOTE: ActionDan
This is interesting and noteworthy but I don't know for which alignment as of now. The motivation reads like trying to appear as town not voting Abomination, but it's followed up by an actual RVS instead of interaction with those actually voting for it. This is a weird contradiction.
In post 46, xofelf wrote:I'm so sorry that I prefer
over VOTE: ?
Am I not allowed to have a preference? I'm used to using
for things and VOTE: being a typo soo I dunno man. Muscle memory and all that.
This is the overdefensive post I was referring to. It feels off to me with the level of explanation. But then, I don't know mafia xof. We will see what else she brings when she is feeling better.
In post 47, Iecerint wrote:Tbf I suspect that basically all the players in Abomination will flake out and we will deal with at most 2 people in that slot.

I am pretty sketched out by people who thought that reading difficulties would be a legit reason to vote them tbf.

lolsuchhydra is a reason that makes sense to me tho.
Explanation comes better late than never, I guess. Still feels really passive, though, and I'd wager the two of them most definitely are not buddies. I'm confused by the 'lolsuchhydra' bit though. I can't actually tell if he supports a policy lynch or not >.<

Yo Iece. Can you reconcile for me?

In post 59, Iecerint wrote:
Unvote; Vote: kdowns
Why?
In post 69, Venmar wrote:I usually advocate against Policy Lynches, most people probably know this, mainly for the reasons xofelf pointed out (thanks smart one), but I like making my own exceptions.
I like this post for the snarky towniness that emanate from it. The motivation here reads town.
In post 78, xofelf wrote:How am I probably scum, Kleeck?
I know you aren't all that great at giving words to your reads, but try would you?
On top of this I know that xof is an inherently maternal person based on my talks I have had with her before, but this post feels scum motivation to go to Klick's emotions. Though it could easily be xof just not being a dick :P
(This is me not wanting xof to be scum :()
In post 96, ActionDan wrote:
In post 87, Always wrote:What I really need to say is this. Normally, I'd just leave this comment as be. But it's actually really, REALLY important that I get an answer from you, Dan, if this is confirmed knowledge or just speculation. It makes a huge difference in something that could be a massive advantage to the town, but I need to know for sure.)

Well if it's important to you Mastin-sama:

A 28 player game would suggest two factions or more since a 7p scum team in a 28 player base is rather unwieldy imo, but it happens to be the case that I have role info that very much suggests two factions. You should work with that assumption.
I never read the role part of this post ._.
Fine I'll accept a multiscum theory for now. On an slightly related note, I feel like there's probably also a third party of sorts out there because it's a giant game and giant games should have third parties. *cough*Defense of Hyrule*cough*
In post 104, Lord Mhork wrote:The only role that would say multifactions is scum, xof. What comments did I miss?

Why am I scum Nero? Don't you always call me scum?
This was me reading xof's post as though she was saying that somehow ActionDan might have a role or something that could confirm multifactions and me herping the derp hard.

Am I still voting Dan? You're prolly scum but I don't have good reasons yet.

UNVOTE: ActionDan

I don't like katsuki but he/she is probably town. I read that string of posts as town trying to demonstrate his/her point in a really obnoxious manner to get people's attention, regardless of the fact that it's a really antitown way to do so ._.
In post 140, Klick wrote:
In post 133, Katsuki wrote:Those nero votes (someone + klick) on pg2 were p bad
Please inform me about the error of my ways, that I may see the light.

PEdit: If we dedicate the entirety of D1 to having everyone take out Abomination, even if he flips scum, we're not going to have enough information to make good decisions later in the game. Here's a prime example of why what you're proposing is a bad idea:

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=21433
This looks town.
In post 151, Katsuki wrote:I should add that, the hydra is anti-town, and thus the best pro-town course of action would be to take care of it today.
This is just faulty logic. I haven't actually seen the hydra be anti town yet. In contrast it helped exit RVS really quickly. Controversy is protown.

Thus endeth page seven.
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:11 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

In post 175, Young and Beautiful wrote:
In post 159, Abomination wrote:Katsuki is probtown; policy lynches are bad.

-B_E
In post 165, Abomination wrote:Whoa, whoa whoa.

Kasuki, you come in here, make 24 posts of ABSOLUTELY FLUFFY NONSENSE over the span of two pages...and WE need to be lynched? Bullshit.

Vote: Kasuki

The exact reason why we need to policy lynch this Abomination!

Also, note to self: Katsuki =/= Kagami

- b -
Faulty logic is faulty. Let's be real: all hydra's have dissonance. By that logic, all y'all should be voted out.
In post 192, ActionDan wrote:You should Mhork the same question since he's implying it and I only gave a "Lols" which may be implying the opposite or may be implying that it's dumb to believe that if one town role pm contains info on scum, then surely another can't, or may be implying that the statement in bold is arbitrarily designated to support your claim over mine based on his earlier comment that only scum have info concerning scum.

But to answer your question that you could easily answer yourself:

Your post (based off your role pm presumably) implies, but does not directly indicate, that there are two or more scum factions.
Wait damnit I'm confused. ActionDan spell out to me like I'm a five year old where the post is and why it assures multiple factions.
In post 199, ActionDan wrote:
In post 191, Moogle Dance Troupe wrote:The verbiage of something in our PM implies that there are methods that people can be made to die outside of the conventional night kill/vig.
FTR, it's this that implies another killing method that isn't a night kill or vig that suggests another faction uses it.
Wait this? I don't see how that proves anything. Hell you could argue that poison or arson count as killing methods that aren't NK or Vig.

After reading ~posts~ I will give geists a town vibe.

Rereading Always I will give it a tentative town read. The non game interaction, thoughts from mala, and just mastin in general having opinions looks more town to me.

(Also a side note I'm doing that metacognitive reflection thing that I've recently gone into. I would like to apologize for the level of contempt I have been treating you with mastin. We can chat more later, but the short of it is that my anger at you is illogical and misplaced. Yeah I think you're arrogant for reasons you shouldn't, but that really doesn't make you a bad person or one I should treat harshly. Basically I'm sorry for being an asshole and I forgive you for
fucking me over
abandoning the hydra when it was the healthiest thing for you. Luckily this still means I can disagree with you, which I will continue to do.)

And with that Mhork is presently more manic and personable and caught up.
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:12 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 282, Lord Mhork wrote:Damnit Majiffy I forgot you weren't the mod >.<

Whatever. I'm starting the read now
Feel free to openly ask me questions ITT about clarifying your wincon!

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:13 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

Oh wait I can vote too

VOTE: Iecerint

For the above.

PEDIT:
How do I lynch scum? o:
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:20 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Flowchart.

||
Young and Beautiful
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:32 pm

Post by Young and Beautiful »

You guys need more love :*

Mhork and Mastin should give each other a huggle! Then this unfriendliness can be over! :)

Also, PL Abomination OR lynch shos scum.

- b -
WILL YOU STILL LOVE ME WHEN I'M NO LONGER YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL? ... (I KNOW YOU WILL)
Rhaego
Rhaego
Townie
Rhaego
Townie
Townie

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:38 pm

Post by Rhaego »

In post 291, Young and Beautiful wrote: Also, PL Abomination OR lynch shos scum.
-
Why Shos?
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:41 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Go read his ISO and you'll probably figure it out.

||
Rhaego
Rhaego
Townie
Rhaego
Townie
Townie

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:44 pm

Post by Rhaego »

UNVOTE: Abomination
Always
Always
Goon
Always
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:46 pm

Post by Always »

In post 287, Lord Mhork wrote:I forgive you for
fucking me over
abandoning the hydra when it was the healthiest thing for you.
(For the record, if you look at your posting in the hydra when I was in it but mentally deteriorating, versus your posting on your main after I replaced out, you actually got much, much, much stronger in your posting from an objective standpoint, so I still stand by the opinion that I was dragging not only you, but the entire game down. [I didn't put effort into keeping up--but I saw that post-me, the game flowed MUCH faster than pre-replace.] And I still stand by that in spite of this, nobody really needs to forgive me, and that I still owe everyone in the game a favor because while replacing out was less damaging than continuing to neglect the game, it was still the lesser of two evils when in an ideal world the solution would have been me getting back into the game and posting. In other words, that it was a bad thing to do that should not be forgotten yet was the best option I had at the time*.)

*Something that does occasionally still happen. You'd be surprised the trouble that losing my main computer in RL has done to wreck my mafia life, because it's more than just my RL that's affected. All my mafia stuff's on that computer, affecting my games. And in addition to THAT, imagine the stress to come from it. A trifecta of problems. That's not even going into my mental state from rl-atrophy. One or two events have the ability to set off a chain reaction of badness (be it real, imagined, or used as an excuse), to which I keep in check but always need booster-packs and always have to be cautious about.
I'm MOSTLY fine right now, but to say I'm fine would be a lie since obviously, I'm speaking about the above in present tense. On a scale of 1 to 10, this would be about a 3 on worrying, so, well, not worth worrying about.

But I digress. Not really game-relevant.

What
is
game-relevant is that either Mhork's thoughts are parroting mine or he's town.
In post 291, Young and Beautiful wrote:You guys need more love :*
Mhork and Mastin should give each other a huggle! Then this unfriendliness can be over! :)

Also, PL Abomination OR lynch shos scum.
Still likely-scum, btw.
In post 292, Rhaego wrote:
In post 291, Young and Beautiful wrote:Also, PL Abomination OR lynch shos scum.
Why Shos?
It kinda freaks me out how you have a knack for posting immediately after Y&B.
In post 293, Majiffy wrote:Go read his ISO and you'll probably figure it out.
I hate to be the one to play
that
card, but, well...
Imma gonna be the one to play
that
card.

This just looks like the normal shos I've seen. Not particularly town, sure, yeah, but also not scum. Not all demons are demonic.
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:01 pm

Post by kdowns »

I am going to ask for immediate replacement
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:36 pm

Post by Cephrir »

kdowns, Sakura Hana and The Goat will be replaced in that order.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:42 pm

Post by Egg »

By Monday, I'll be caught up and runnin' shit up in here
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:29 pm

Post by geists »

In post 235, Always wrote:Because Iece's posting was worse?
I had a super negative reaction to xofelf's posting and I'd probably have our vote there if klick hadn't called xofelf town for a post that didn't ring town bells for me. I don't have any prior games for comparison and I haven't felt the urge to meta dive just yet. I'd like to look at reads with naive eyes for a while yet.

I am somewhat familiar with Iece's play and so far this game isn't reminding me of scum-Iece, though there are some things I've learned to expect from town-Iece that I haven't seen yet.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”