Always
Always
Goon
Always
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:58 pm

Post by Always »

In post 247, Lord Mhork wrote:Mastin you are vastly overestimating my play. Everyone knows I'm shit town.
Oh. Now I know another thing that's made me think you're scum.

You're not treating
me
like shit. :P

You're treating me as at least your equal, addressing me and actually treating me as being credible.

Which is in stark contrast to what I thought you think of me.
Always
Always
Goon
Always
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:59 pm

Post by Always »

In post 249, Lord Mhork wrote:This is why I dislike playing with you Mastin. You tunnel like a motherfucker and think you're always right.
Okay. So there's this.

But why am I town-thinking-I'm-always-right rather than scum-motherfucking-tunneling you?
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:03 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

Mastin I think you're a bullheaded, self righteous ass and you give yourself and receive from others way more credit than you deserve in scum hunting and mafia theory, which pisses me off because I have just as valid views that no one listens too.

That being said xof likes you and as I interact with her on a daily basis, I'm very much trying to be civil. Plus if like to not go frothing at mouth anger in this game since last game I had with clubhouse people I bitched out candi and felt like shit. Xof, klick, and kdowns are here and cephrawr is modding. I'm on good behavior. Don't push it

PEDIT:
Let me reread the thread when I get home and I'll get back to you.
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:04 pm

Post by T S O »

There appear to be issues here, but I warn you, I'm an even bigger dick than either of you.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:05 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

Have we played before, TSO? I remember liking you for some reason but I might have you confused
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:08 pm

Post by T S O »

I think we played in some sort of Skyrim RPG off SalmonellaDreams, iirc!
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:09 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

Oh that's right. I remember now.
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Rhaego
Rhaego
Townie
Rhaego
Townie
Townie

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:13 pm

Post by Rhaego »

Stop fighting. Now.
Always
Always
Goon
Always
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:23 pm

Post by Always »

In post 252, Lord Mhork wrote:I have just as valid views that no one listens too.
Random fun fact, but I'm actually kinda sorta hiring myself out as a, well, "MD Consultant" so to speak. The simple fact is, people
do
listen to me. Some say I get too much credit for it, but the fact that what I say is listened to is rarely disputed. Which has caused somewhere close to half a dozen people total coming to ME for advice on how to write articles. (Not all of them have actually released their stuff, mind you. I need to give them kicks in the rear to actually release their dang findings.)

And the same services are openly available to anyone who wants them. I realize asking the person you despise for help might seem like a bad idea, but I won't even provide criticism of your article unless you specifically ask for it. (In which case, I've been a constructive critic for a long time and am VERY good at focusing on the construction half.) Simply providing feedback on the formatting to make it as readable as it can be, and should you wish it, things that I would add onto the points.

The fact that I've done this before and nobody really knows about it should also tell you that I take absolutely no credit for it. (In fact, for particularly-impressive articles, I might even write a scummy nom for the person who made them.) It's a volunteer position, which I do for the betterment of the site as a whole. Though I have ideas which I happen to strongly think are for the betterment of the site, I am quite aware that my opinion is not necessarily true, not held by everyone, and that there are alternatives, which I am more than happy to bring up.

After all...Mafia Discussion is Mafia
Discussion
; one thing I often do is make articles not so much to make a steadfast iron-hard statement, as much as I do to highlight an issue and offer my feedback on it, sparking discussion: discussion that then sees visibility, and players can then place into their own game as a result. I literally could not have any success in my MD theory if not for there being critics to it.

tl;dr, you might not like me but you have to admit that I have my uses, however exaggerated you feel they may be, and I volunteer my services if you actually feel like taking advantage of them.
That being said xof likes you and as I interact with her on a daily basis, I'm very much trying to be civil.
xof likes me? But we've never played together. :shifty:
*begins looking out the window with alarm*

:P
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:25 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 257, Rhaego wrote:Stop fighting. Now.
No no, let it continue. I'm almost there.

Spoiler: nsfw
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:33 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

I know people listen to you Mastin. However I vehemently disagree with many of your theory and positions, and feel that they harm the meta. Hell last newbie game I was in you strategically lurked as scum. I'm aware a lot of people go to you. That doesn't make you a strong player or reliable source.

Also how the fuck did you get me needing help from that post? I was simply saying I have opinions no one listens to on mafia theory. Frankly I think I'm probably a stronger player than you from a pure theoretical standpoint. No one listens to me, though, so I'm a really shitty player.

And yeah. I've maybe twice gotten huffy and angry at the mention of your name and she internet slaps me, not having any of that. That's why I'm trying to civilly explain this. How's it working?
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:34 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

Wait fuck I misread your post.

I also don't really care about MD. After SE and GD vomited me out, I basically decided MM and Mafia games were the only places I would talk
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:38 pm

Post by ActionDan »

Mastin is town, I like some of his nuances in his reads and his reads in general. Some I disagree with, like the beastcharzard and Kat reads, and I'd say Clayton/Majiffy townreads are too much.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:38 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

Her, ActionDan.
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:42 pm

Post by ActionDan »

Yes indeed. I slip sometimes.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:43 pm

Post by Majiffy »

It's a tough habit to break.

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:47 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

When I had trouble both my my real life trans friend and with Mastin, it helped to only refer to them by name until I got the change ingrained in my mind. I mean not to be a dick, but it's been awhile and I do somewhat understand how frustrating misgendering is for a person.
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:50 pm

Post by Majiffy »

YOU'RE MY
LADY
OF THE MORNING

LOVE SHINES
IN YOUR EYES

SPARKLING
CLEAR AND LOVELY

YOU'RE MY LADY

Sorry Styx just came on my classic rock channel and this song fucking rocks.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:51 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Ooh and now it's For What It's Worth by Buffalo Springfield.

||
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:52 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

So this is actually the worst train ride if my life. Someday I will get home and do a real post
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:53 pm

Post by Majiffy »

I've been here almost 3 years and I still don't know how to do a real post.

||
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:55 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

(Neither do I. People like it when you quote stuff and make thoughts though, or so I hear. I personally just look for motivation, call out scum, and then die while they don't get lynched)
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 223, Always wrote:Scratch Nero townread given multiball, since he's one of the first reads that require recalibration with that knowledge.
:igmeou:

but SRS, why is Clyton town?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Always
Always
Goon
Always
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:58 pm

Post by Always »

In post 249, Lord Mhork wrote:This is why I dislike playing with you Mastin. You tunnel like a motherfucker and think you're always right.

There's two heads to this hydra. If I feel something is off with Mastin's reads, I'll let her know and she'll listen to me. So, if you don't want to interact with her then interact with me. If I get conflicting with reads, I'll damn right tell her, so yeah.

~Mala.
Always
Always
Goon
Always
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:59 pm

Post by Always »

In post 260, Lord Mhork wrote:I know people listen to you Mastin. However I vehemently disagree with many of your theory and positions, and feel that they harm the meta.
Misuse of them do for sure. A lot of things in site meta over the years have been things that loosely were advocated by me a year or two previously, just showing their darker side. (For instance, stream-of-consciousness was something I used to be a VERY strong advocate for. Now I advise more caution behind it.) Often, it seems like it goes that I see a problem in site meta, highlight it, offer my solution, and through coincidence (or "coincidence"), said solution becomes the default site meta down the line...yet has problems of its own, which I then highlight, offer my solution, and through coincidence (or "coincidence") said solution becomes the default site meta down the line yet has problems of its own, which I then highlight......
Hell last newbie game I was in you strategically lurked as scum.
For the record--though I strategically lurk as scum, I also strategically lurk as town, I explained the difference, and in that particular case, it was actually much more real-life stuff fueling it. That newbie game was pre-diagnosis of my mental health condition, but only by a little bit. It was one of the games that helped me realize that my mental health was deteriorating. I had RL stuff that was used as an excuse, but the actual problem was my mind in general.

There's a reason that I don't IC in spite of being a good teacher when mentally well: because while I'm a good teacher when mentally well...the times I'm mentally well are increasingly shorter and shorter and I simply cannot be relied upon to be a healthy teacher. (And I regret nothing more than that. I love ICing. I can do a DANG good job of teaching when I actually am in the proper mindset to teach. The advice I give is actually helpful to the future career of those players, and I've seen multiple people directly change their play as a result of what I said, for the betterment of it all. And not even "betterment". Legitimately, players got better as a direct result of the feedback I gave. But I can't keep it up. I cannot maintain that for the 1-3 months a newbie game takes. Not even close. I'm struggling even outside of newbie games.)
Also how the fuck did you get me needing help from that post? I was simply saying I have opinions no one listens to on mafia theory.
One kinda implies the other? If nobody listens to you on mafia theory...and you think that you should be listened to on your mafia theory...you probably need help, since what you try to get people listening to your mafia theory isn't working. :P I can get people to listen to me, thus the offer that if you ever were to ask for my help in getting people to listen to you, I'd give it without a moment's hesitation.
That's why I'm trying to civilly explain this. How's it working?
Eh, if it were me doing the grading, B-. Not stellarly, but not horribly. I'm not the one doing the grading, though; ask xofelf. :P
In post 262, ActionDan wrote:Mastin is town, I like some of his nuances in his reads and his reads in general. Some I disagree with, like the beastcharzard and Kat reads, and I'd say Clayton/Majiffy townreads are too much.
Trust me. They're town.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”