Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3950 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:27 am

Post by zoraster »

First Secret Ballot Due by 19:00 on Thursday (tomorrow)
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #3951 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:17 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

so who should we quicklynch today?

nice die de la meurtos fun
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #3952 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:52 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 3951, Metal Sonic wrote:so who should we quicklynch today?

nice die de la meurtos fun
Go look for who you want to lynch yourself.

(also you sound like a fun idea to lynch still to me)
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3953 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:45 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 3946, Brian Skies wrote:Also, I'm slightly irritated that Agar never answered my previous question about the results Zoraster gives him. Last couple of results he says people 'went nowhere.' When he tracked me, he said 'no result.' Is this a difference in the results you're receiving, or are you just wording your results differently?
To be fair, I'm generally just not reading your posts because they're so few and far between.

I'm just wording my results differently.

Zoraster sends "no result" to any investigative role whether it was blocked or a negative result, except for cops.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3954 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:12 pm

Post by Magua »

I don't want a lynch by tomorrow, so I'm sending in my own name.

In the meantime, I really want more input from Metal Sonic, TIP, Aronis, and Brian about what they think is going on and who they think the scum is.

---

Personally, I don't think it's Agar, and I don't think it's Metal Sonic for mechanical reasons.

I don't think that the last mafia is a ninja, so while I think that they could've had an ability to mess with the tracker reports, I think it was 1-shot or similar and was probably used along with the goo-manipulation-stuff that occurred N4/N5. So I don't currently think it's Bulbazek or Cheery Dog, but much more likely that the mafia knew when they were going to be investigated, that is N5 or N6.

Prof Friday seems to be the towniest of the lot to my read. I really have nothing on Brian, Aronis, or TIP.
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3955 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:34 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

In my mind, the only ones that are reasonably clear at this point are Magua (b/c superobvtown) and Metal Sonic (as has already been stated, the Yellow Goo origin). AGar is still possible scum to me; he's just not worth a lynch at this point. I like Brian's recent posts, including those in Alpha Zeta, but that doesn't exactly ping well with me, given I don't recall his having much of a presence previously. Personally, I'd like a TIP lynch, since he's a reasonable suspect, and frankly, he's not doing much for me (or anyone, really).

Also, Dia de los Muertos sounds like a lot of fun, but I'm not sure how much that's going to end up helping us, haha.
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

What if you knew way more about the game state Day 1?
THE LAB 4 is live!
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3956 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:58 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3953, AGar wrote:To be fair, I'm generally just not reading your posts because they're so few and far between.
That's fine. I've just been ignoring certain slots in general this game. Can't process that much information at once.
In post 3954, Magua wrote:and Brian about what they think is going on and who they think the scum is.
Pretty sure I explained my general understanding of the current gamestate in our sorority or whatever that thing is.

And I still don't think it's that great of an idea to just rely on the set-up to clear townies or whatnot, aside from our tracker results.
In post 3954, Magua wrote:Personally, I don't think it's Agar, and I don't think it's Metal Sonic for mechanical reasons.

I don't think that the last mafia is a ninja, so while I think that they could've had an ability to mess with the tracker reports
, I think it was 1-shot or similar and was probably used along with the goo-manipulation-stuff that occurred N4/N5. So I don't currently think it's Bulbazek or Cheery Dog, but much more likely that the mafia knew when they were going to be investigated, that is N5 or N6.

Prof Friday seems to be the towniest of the lot to my read. I really have nothing on Brian, Aronis, or TIP.
Except you think the last mafia has some method of manipulating both the goo and the tracker results? You think the last scum is some sort of a JOAT or that the faction has some way of dealing with the goo (the latter makes sense to me just based on how the recent kills went down, but the combination of the two is a little 'meh' to me)?

Tracker
Adjusting Investigator
Jailkeeper
Doctor
Blockable Vigilante
Tracker
Town w/ Vest

A shit ton of Vanilla Townies

M. Tracker
M. Roleblocker
M. Vigilante Blocker
M. Goon
Some sort of Ninja/Goo manipulator?

Set-up spec isn't really my thing, so I really don't know. But does the above make sense to you? That's a lot of scum power to deal with what we were given.

I'm currently treating all the players that were tracked as clears to me, at least until I reread this game. That mostly just leaves Agar (the person doing the tracking) and Metal Sonic (the guy you don't think can be scum for mechanical reasons). Oh, and me. But treating myself as a suspect is irrelevant since I already know my own alignment. So, pretty much, we're at an impasse and I'm trying to shore up my reads.

And if you don't think the tracker results are that helpful, then what's the point on relying the tracks here? Obviously the goo isn't helpful to us, so do you have any opinions on the other slots based on reasoning outside the tracks/goo? Because to me, you just think mostly everyone is still on the table.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3957 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:59 am

Post by Brian Skies »

But I do agree with you on Prof Friday's recent contributions. I've thought he's looked pretty townish lately.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3958 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:01 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Also, I think we need about 70% of the votes to achieve a lynch in the first ballot. So I'm probably not even going to bother placing one.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #3959 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:20 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

Why we have the second tracker doesn't really make sense to me (along with a mafia tracker), but weirder things have happened in games.

However my setup spec says we should be lynching TiP followed by Prof Fridays.

Ninjas work by not leaving a trace for the trackers, therefore it makes sense for them to not leave any traces, and therefore a scum using a ninja also wouldn't leave goo?
Night 5 Juls died without having blue goo, where the scum should have spread it.
Nights 6 & 7 spread blue goo within the deaths, therefore it only makes sense to be this case?

Unless someone has a better occam's razor to put to to this game?

aka we should have lynched TiP on Day 5 so I could brag about only voting for scum after replacing in, but no someone had to have be hammer pereV because for whatever reason we didn't want to lynch TiP.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3960 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:26 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Your ninja not leaving behind goo is an interesting concept. And I guess it would make sense with how the kills went down or if the town did have a third tracker (aka Agar).
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3961 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:47 am

Post by Prof Fridays »

I feel like it would be a lot of power condensed into one ability if Ninja prevented the spread of Goo? Not sure. I suppose it's possible, but my thinking is that the Goo-immune ability is separate. Plus, thinking about mnemonic's claim, it seems more probable, at least to me, that some sort of separate "Goo Gone" ability exists. I mean, I'll be honest, I admit I'm biased, given I know I'm town, so I suppose I'm attempting to explain it should TIP flip town.

But even still, that seems like a lot of power packed into one ability.
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

THE LAB 4 is live!
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #3962 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:32 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

did something mess up with "The Plan" ?

why are we unable to PoE this game to win?
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #3963 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:01 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 3961, Prof Fridays wrote:I feel like it would be a lot of power condensed into one ability if Ninja prevented the spread of Goo? Not sure. I suppose it's possible, but my thinking is that the Goo-immune ability is separate. Plus, thinking about mnemonic's claim, it seems more probable, at least to me, that some sort of separate "Goo Gone" ability exists. I mean, I'll be honest, I admit I'm biased, given I know I'm town, so I suppose I'm attempting to explain it should TIP flip town.

But even still, that seems like a lot of power packed into one ability.
Well either we need to bother scum hunting, or someone suggests a better alternative for how the goo didn't spread.
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3964 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:42 am

Post by Prof Fridays »

Hrm, well, I guess from a balance perspective I would expect that the Mafia JOAT would be 1-shot Ninja, 1-shot Goo-immune, and 1-shot Strongman, thus the Goo immunity would have been used Night 5, thus Ninja couldn't have been used that night, similarly with the Strongman kill Night 6. I suppose they might be able to be stacked, so the Ninja/Goo-immune stack is a possibility, but so would be anything else. I'm fine with a TIP lynch to test the theory; I don't think his actions have been pro-town (null-town at best).

THE LAB 4 is live!
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3965 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:32 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 3959, Cheery Dog wrote: Ninjas work by not leaving a trace for the trackers, therefore it makes sense for them to not leave any traces, and therefore a scum using a ninja also wouldn't leave goo?
It's an interesting theory, but it doesn't explain the strongman kill.
In post 3962, Metal Sonic wrote:did something mess up with "The Plan" ?

Because no one wants to lynch you.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #3966 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:39 pm

Post by zoraster »

Day 8 - SECRET BALLOT

Metal Sonic ( 1 )
[/color]
(L - 4 )

Magua ( 1 )
[/color]
(L - 4 )

Prof Fridays ( 1 )
[/color]
(L - 4 )

TheIrishPope ( 4 )
[/color]
(L - 1 )

No Lynch ( 0 )

Not Voting ( 2 )

Total Votes ( 9 )

Needed to Lynch [ 5 ]

DeadlineDeadline is July 8 at 20:00 EDT --- Time Until Deadline: (expired on 2014-07-08 20:00:00)
Current Active Event:
Secret Ballot
Tomorrow's Event:
Dia De Los Muertos

Lynch Threshold is now 5. New Vote counts will be published every other day unless there is a hammer, in which case I will immediately post the final vote count. I may post this old vote counts occasionally to keep the info in your face, but it won't be updated until Saturday

Next Lynch threshold change will be July 4th when the threshold will be reduced to 4. (60% rounded down and two majorities all are 5 needed to lynch).
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #3967 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:46 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 3965, Bulbazak wrote:It's an interesting theory, but it doesn't explain the strongman kill.
Please read the start of my theory (from yesterday sometime) where I suggested the last scum was a joat.
This is still continuing.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3968 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:49 pm

Post by Magua »

In post 3962, Metal Sonic wrote:did something mess up with "The Plan" ?

Reading is tech, I highly recommend it.

I'm probably meta'ing this too much, but the thing I have holding me back from actually believing TIP-scum-because-I-want-it-to-be-TIP-scum is that the scum has to have been sitting there looking at a 1v14 setup and thinking to themselves "I've got a shot at this." Someone who's out-and-out lynchbait like TIP could, maybe, but I feel it's more likely to be someone who was in a good position even with PZ's lynch.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3969 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:52 pm

Post by Magua »

@Cheery Dog:
I was believing in a scum JOAT as well, but it has one problem: how blue goo got to Shadoweh -- if it went farside->(Cheery or Prof)->Shadoweh, then there's no explanation for Oversoul, and if it's farside->oversoul then there's no explanation for Shadoweh -- except for a possible mafia PR. But with the JOAT theory, N5 would've been the goo immunity and N6 was the strongman.

If you've got some workable theory that addresses that, I'm all ears. But in the meantime I think it's too much supposition to have any real gain.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #3970 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:14 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Farside would have jailed Oversoul.

Scum picked up Blue goo on Night 4 from killing Farside.

Night 5 the ninja was used - no spread of goo. Scum still has Blue goo.
Scum uses strongman night 6, goo spreading is happening again, therefore Shadoweh picks up blue goo.

This why I am only equating the lack of goo spread to be on Night 5.
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3971 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:25 am

Post by TheIrishPope »

Yeah not sure why scum hasn't surrendered. Which leads me to believe it's either Sonic or Fridays
just the tIP
"TiP has a silky, foreign voice"
- Varsoon
Come play Skype Mafia with us!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3972 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:10 am

Post by Prof Fridays »

Eh... Why?

THE LAB 4 is live!
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3973 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:03 pm

Post by Magua »

@Cheery Dog:
I see what you're saying, and it makes setup sense, but that limits it to TIP and Friday, and I don't think it's Friday and, welp, I would've been all over quicklynching TIP two Days ago but am not now.

@TIP:
Why Sonic or Friday specifically? More specifically why not eg Aronis?
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3974 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:00 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Why don't you want to lynch TIP?

I also think I'm finally getting things sorted in my head.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”