Newbie 1508 [GAME OVER]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:41 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

Cause it makes people to force votes , forcing votes is bad especially later when vote count analysis is often used. Voting just to vote is bad practice
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:43 am

The fact you have been here since 2012 and giving that advice just makes me :facepalm:

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:51 am

Anyway this discussion is pointless.

@ aphix, the fact nobody noticed your contradiction including myself util i re- read proves nothing really. It doesn't even prove you aren't scum. I'm not willing to accept that was an intentional move to try to catch scum cause it was too subtle. I feel good about you being scum and I haven't seen anything from you that suggests I'm wrong.

The ONLY thing that gives me pause is cabd, cabd's performance thus far is not looking good.

I'm also waiting on a specific person to post more, but I don't want them to know I'm looking at them.

Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:54 am

Post by Rubicon »

VOTE: cabd
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:55 am

Post by Rubicon »

rureluz, you're probably going to be my next vote unless you get in here and interact with me.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:57 am

Post by Scripten »

I'm still leaning Cabd. I understand that you have been at work and I agree with your read on aphix, but I feel like your current contributions are fairly minor. Nevertheless, aphix feels scummy enough to put him L-1.

UNVOTE: cabd

VOTE: aphix
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:59 am

Post by Cabd »

I'm here hi. Catching up, been putting this game on backburner for a bit, my bad.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:01 pm

Post by AGar »

Votecount 1.05
Scripten
(0) -
Fluminator
(0) -
Thurhame
(0) -
rureluz
(0) -
Goofyd00d
(0) -
Jake from State Farm
(2) - Thurhame, Fluminator
Rubicon
(1) - Aphix
Aphix
(4) - Cabd, Jake from State Farm, Goofyd00d, Scripten
Cabd
(1) - Rubicon

Not Voting
(1) - rureluz

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
Aphix
is the current wagon leader(s), at
L-1

Deadline is in (expired on 2014-06-19 00:30:00)
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:48 pm

Post by aphix »

You are so right JfSF. Definitely was a scum slip up as I have troubles keeping track from one post to the next over the course seven hours when there was SO MUCH(15 posts?) content that I got lost in. Telling me it's not relevant is also nice considering I stated as much but since it was SO subtle as you say ... You must have powerful observational abilities. Or you are scouring for things you think are little mistakes.

VOTE: JfSF
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:53 pm

Post by Rubicon »

That looks like town irritation.
In post 155, Scripten wrote:I'm still leaning Cabd. I understand that you have been at work and I agree with your read on aphix, but I feel like your current contributions are fairly minor. Nevertheless, aphix feels scummy enough to put him L-1.
Thoughts on rureluz?
Goofyd00d
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:21 pm

Post by Goofyd00d »

In post 158, aphix wrote:You are so right JfSF. Definitely was a scum slip up as I have troubles keeping track from one post to the next over the course seven hours when there was SO MUCH(15 posts?) content that I got lost in. Telling me it's not relevant is also nice considering I stated as much but since it was SO subtle as you say ... You must have powerful observational abilities. Or you are scouring for things you think are little mistakes.
Seems more like he got caught and threw on the sarcasm, like he is trying to add more impact to his explanation because he knows it was flimsy.
Rubicon wrote:That looks like town irritation.
I might be too new to see what makes that town, if you could explain I am all ears.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:47 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Cabd and rureluz should post more. I doubt they are mafia though because if they were they would have more incentive to post. It looks like aphix is the one getting lynched, I still want Cabd to post his reasoning why before anyone actually finishes him.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:10 pm

Post by Cabd »

So the main reason Aphix is scum to me is the "head it off at the pass" tell. Namely, he sounds way to self-conscious and seeking to shape how his actions are perceived rather than merely acting in what should be, if he's town, the general best interest. Go run his ISO and look at how often he pre-justifies his actions, or tries to anticipate and shape how people will take his actions, as well as pre-argue why they're the right ones.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:14 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 14, aphix wrote:IC, please correct me if I say anything wrong.

I'm sure the IC well have better information but
we find scum(mafia) by interacting with people. A lot of my play personally is off of gut reads. People don't always like that, but through interaction you get to see how someone plays. Sometimes you can look at previous games of a person and see how it compares(meta), although I don't much like that, as you can play against your meta.

Big ones I look out for, catching someone in a lie. Town should have no reason to lie. Jumping on wagons(when someone has multiple votes on them, might be a good one to include in terms IC) with no reason, or hammering for similar. Role fishing(trying to figure out what roles are in game) isn't good for town and normally scummy, happens with curious newbies unfortunately. Also looking for scum motivation and town motivation. Town try to hunt for scum, scum try to look like they are hunting for scum. There is small differences.

Speaking of this, because of Rubicon's post, if you are a PR that might contradict rubicon's softclaim. I don't want you saying anything about it. Unfortunately there is NO town motivation for Rubicon's post.
In post 39, aphix wrote:So question from an IC point of view. Because part of a newbie game is to help others learn. Why wouldn't you post something like this? What if a newbie PR comes in. Sees the claim of town power. Looks at the possible options, and says, "Wait, you can be a PR because I'm x."

Now I completely understand your going to claim I'm trying to be too helpful. I'm not IC so I have no reason to point it out and I'm trying to get town points. All fully valid points honestly, and I could have very well not pointed it out.
However in a few short claims, I've had early claims and fake claims by VT all ruin games. And it's not a standard that should be set. In a standard game, I wouldn't point it out, but I didn't see you pointing it out, and I'm here to have a good game. Pointing out something like that should be something you would do in my mind, and is a rather null tell most the time in this game format. Now, if you would have let it keep quiet and I continued pushing for a lynch purely on that reason alone without any sort of support fact and blind dedication, you might have a better case.

For now, I'll go back to waiting for everyone to actually play.

Regardless of that, lets actually play the game.
In post 49, aphix wrote:Rubicon: The unvote is due to the fact that the only reason for a push on that is based on policy. I have a big issue with policy lynches. Now come to deadline without a potential lynch I'll be more then happy to come back to that.

Cabd: I'd like to discuss a few things further but it could be a detriment to the game. So well leave that alone. I'll try to remember for post game. Personally I would hope if someone claimed town read based on the theory policy I've posted someone here would point out it's not a town tell probably ever. Being helpful isn't indicating town. I would have included that in my post but already new I'd get pushback for look he's being helpful and not the ic he must be scum.
Main point is I wasn't looking for town points I just don't believe that belongs in a newbie and I've seen far more innocent thing a be called role fishing else where and would like that pointed out.
And then we slip into the sarcasm mode...
In post 106, aphix wrote:
Yeap. That was exactly what I was doing. You caught it.
It has nothing to do with the fact that I think you are fence sitting, page four or not, and wanted to see how long it'd take for you to make a stand on something.
In post 158, aphix wrote:You are so right JfSF. Definitely was a scum slip up as I have troubles keeping track from one post to the next over the course seven hours when there was SO MUCH(15 posts?) content that I got lost in.
Telling me it's not relevant is also nice considering I stated as much but since it was SO subtle as you say ... You must have powerful observational abilities. Or you are scouring for things you think are little mistakes.

Thurhame
Thurhame
Goon
Thurhame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:03 am

Post by Thurhame »

Sarcasm isn't a tell. The self-justification is pretty grating, but it's not really a tell either; I've seen both Town and Scum self-justify. Instead of looking for tells, try looking at the general feel of his posts; that's a lot more useful and accurate in my experience.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:04 am

In post 158, aphix wrote:You are so right JfSF. Definitely was a scum slip up as I have troubles keeping track from one post to the next over the course seven hours when there was SO MUCH(15 posts?) content that I got lost in. Telling me it's not relevant is also nice considering I stated as much but since it was SO subtle as you say ... You must have powerful observational abilities. Or you are scouring for things you think are little mistakes.

The butt hurt is strong in this one.

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:14 am

From what I can tel based on aphix's other games (granted it's a limited amount and 1 is ongoing so technically I can't talk about that one even though he's dead)

Town aphix is a little more agressive, his scum game he seems more passive.

This game I don't see him being aggressive. I see him trying to stay on people's good side. Much like what cabd touched on. I'm feeling good about aphix and someone should consider giving intent to hammer.

Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:23 am

Post by Fluminator »

I need to track how this aphix wagon happened.
Cabd has thought he was scum from the start and pushing it.
Rubicon thought he was scum at the start but now thinks he's town.
Jake thought he was scum third and pushed it heavily.
Goofydood thought aphix fourth and pushed it.
(Around here Rubicon thought aphix was town.)
Scripten considered aphix at the start. but nothing notable. Recently he has decided to be the fourth vote.
Thurhame leans toward thinking he is innocent.
I lean towards he is innocent, but I definitely have a hard time understanding many of his posts.
Rureluz is being Rureluz.

I would be ok with an aphix lynch because:
1. It is guaranteed some towns think he is scum.
2. Even if he is innocent, I think his death will give us the information to find the actual mafia.
What do you think Thurhame and Rubicon? Should we do the fifth vote?
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:38 am

Post by Rubicon »

In post 167, Fluminator wrote:What do you think Thurhame and Rubicon? Should we do the fifth vote?
Not with a week still left in day one. Wait until closer to deadline, and let's have as much conversation as possible before lynching. The more we talk, the more informative his flip will be.

And make sure aphix has opportunity to claim first. "Giving intent to hammer" means declaring that you will hammer, and letting aphix know he should claim.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:46 am

Post by Rubicon »

rureluz: You still playing? Can we talk?
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:49 am

Post by aphix »

In post 166, Jake from State Farm wrote:From what I can tel based on aphix's other games (granted it's a limited amount and 1 is ongoing so technically I can't talk about that one even though he's dead)

Town aphix is a little more agressive, his scum game he seems more passive.

This game I don't see him being aggressive. I see him trying to stay on people's good side. Much like what cabd touched on. I'm feeling good about aphix and someone should consider giving intent to hammer.
I really want to explain this. Please point me to the game that's ongoing that I'm dead in. Or are you just pulling shit out of your ass now? Also, please go into detail on how many games you've look at of mine. Possibly when those games were and which order of the games fell? And the guy who gets on me for inquiring into why he's less aggressive, and responds by saying he's changed play style, says I'm scum for being less aggressive. Care to go over how well aggression worked out for me in our one game, even though I was quite right on scum day three and got lynched over it? Perhaps I have a few games under my belt as well as several months away from the site that might change my play instead of "just because."

You are in the least misrepresenting the information you have, but based on being able to see all the games that are ongoing in, and that I'm alive in all of them. You are downright lying. If you happen to be town again I'm pretty sure this is going to be the last game I play with you, as you are terrible.
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:50 am

Post by aphix »

Because I don't know if I'll be back on before night ends.

Scripten - prob town
Fluminator - still town
Thurhame - prob town
rureluz - null lurk
Goofyd00d - null, some posts seem odd
Jake from State Farm - prob scum
Rubicon - other then first post, rest seems quite town.
Cabd - null lurk

Also, tired of ICs lurking, really should be against IC rules, but biased as had scum IC who decided it was a legitimate strategy to lurk through the game.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:56 am

Oh looks like the mod never updated the game thread or the OP so it's not actually ongoing.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32197 - town killed night 1
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31081 - The game you and I played - town
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=32269 - game you were scum in

And it's funny every game somebody tries to discredit me for my changing my playstyle but I am on record WAY BACK in December in a signup thread where I say I was changing my play style - http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p5476307

And I have atleast 4 completed games where I mention my play style change, your attempt to try and use that as something fake for this game will be quickly proven wrong.

I have changed my playstyle. I have completed games that prove it.

You on the other hand aren't playing to what I consider your town self. You have no reason to change your playstyle as your current style, except for your very first game has worked quite well for you.

And if regardless of his alignment I will be reporting cabd to the newbie mod que so he's on record for lurking as an IC which is inexcusable regardless of alignment. The fact he admitted this game is not a priority for him is also unacceptable as an IC

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:58 am

Post by Cabd »

You have fun with that, jake. Everyone plays the IC role differently. You seem to think your opinion is 100% right (like you always do), so by all means, report me. I'm not expecting anything to happen.

Aphix is still scum.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:59 am

And just so it's on record. Goofy is the other scum for a reason that nobody will ever believe but just throwing it out there case I get lynched over aphix.

P.edit - except it's not my opinion that ICs shouldn't lurk. It's actually in the guide to being a good IC which should be followed by each and every IC

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”