Mini 441 - Flavourless Mafia. Game Over!

Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2007 10:18 am

Post by Aimee »

Oh, and
unvote
, random voting is now over.

In case people wonder about my FoSes, I did them because: I am waiting for xyzzy's explanations. If they aren't satisfactory, then he could get my vote. And undo already has lots of votes and I wouldn't want to add another to the mix, for the risk of scum hammering.
Bob700
Bob700
Townie
Bob700
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2007 10:28 am

Post by Bob700 »

StallingChamp wrote: Not Voting (2) - {BiC}Zeus, Snichkin
Isn't Snichkin dead? Just want to point any errors. :P

Thanks, fixed.

- Mod
Because everyone knows... Internet. Serious Business.
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2007 10:43 am

Post by undo »

CGS wrote:You fish for reactions and then look who acts scummy.
I don't really care what I look like when I have a clean conscience.
CGS wrote:'Don't think I am scum because I am troubled! It's exactly what they want you to think! They want me to be troubled so people think I am scum.'
Huh? I didn't quite understand, sorry. :?
CGS wrote:Ahm. Sounds weak to me.
Well, weak or not, that was the reason. I've never finished a mafia game in my life, so I don't know if a killed person tend to bear a grudge on the people who caused his death. I don't like to make enemies.
CGS wrote:Anyway we get entangled in semantics here. I agree: non-random vote on Day 1 should be less questioned than non-random vote on other days.
Agreed. This point is closed.
xyzzy wrote:He seems to be working for the good of the town, even though it may be risky. In the end, his debate with undo could be very helpful.

But, then again, if he's scum, he would know the risk better, which hurts his credibility...

What to do... what to do.

[b[Unvote
Vote: Primate[/b]
Would you mind to explain better this weird logic?
Aimee wrote:This is just the type of reaction that the town was looking for. A panicky, pressured post which just screams weakness
It's not my fault that I am emotive by personality.
Aimee wrote:And undo already has lots of votes and I wouldn't want to add another to the mix, for the risk of scum hammering.
At least you are sensible.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2007 2:28 pm

Post by Streeflo »

I'd love to vote undo right now, but he already has 3 votes on him so instead I'll just

FoS: Undo

Undo's arguements struck me as defensive and paranoid. I'll do another post next to point them out and my thoughts on them.

I'm keeping my vote on xyzzy for now.
xyzzy wrote:He seems to be working for the good of the town, even though it may be risky. In the end, his debate with undo could be very helpful.

But, then again, if he's scum, he would know the risk better, which hurts his credibility...

What to do... what to do.

[b[Unvote
Vote: Primate[/b]
His post seemed to be unable to decide what to do, and in a previous vote he just mentioned that Primate seemed safe. Why change your mind all of a sudden? Could it be because bob700 and Cum Grano Salis both wondered what were your reasons were for thinking that?

My thoughts on Primate: It seems as if someone as experienced as him would do something like fake claim a cop guilty investigation on day one to see if how someone would respond. It doesn't strike me as too scummy, but I'll keep an eye out.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2007 2:29 pm

Post by xyzzy »

I'm suspicious of his debating. If he's innocent, he won't be bringing up bad arguments to accuse someone who currently looks very good. He's acting suspiciously around undo, for pretty pointless reasons.

My seeming hypocritical in my vote ("he seems to be working for the good of the town") was just me thinking aloud. I didn't delete any of the post because I felt my logic would make more sense if you saw everything I was talking about.

I'll quickly become very suspicious if Primate or undo turn out to be scum. Having used it in the past, I can say that despite it's general failure, WIFOM is a very seductive strategy; every time I've attempted it, it's been with the thought that maybe I'll be the one who'll do it right. It's a stupid strategy that anyone will follow, so I'm suspicious of anything that looks remotely like it.

OR it could just be a mafioso trying to get an innocent killed. I don't think Primate's trying to accuse anyone as an innocent; that's too dangerous this early on.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2007 2:30 pm

Post by Streeflo »

undo wrote:
Primate wrote:Why is putting someone at -4 today on day 1 just as suspicious as -1 any other day?
I mean that, in random voting phase, anything can be used as a justification for casting a vote. When I saw your vote on yakult, I thought 'Hmm.. Why is he casting the second vote on a person, when we are in random vote phase and he can vote whoever else he wants? I'll vote him because I haven't got more suspicions and we need to pass random voting phase'. Don't you agree that random voting phase must be left as soon as possible?
What's wrong with a second vote on someone on day 1? It gets reactions.
Cum Grano Salis
Cum Grano Salis
Townie
Cum Grano Salis
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2007 7:14 pm

Post by Cum Grano Salis »

undo wrote:I don't really care what I look like when I have a clean conscience.
Happy for you.
undo wrote:
CGS wrote:'Don't think I am scum because I am troubled! It's exactly what they want you to think! They want me to be troubled so people think I am scum.'
Huh? I didn't quite understand, sorry. :?
You actually say that Primate did whatever he did in order to make you look troubled and thus more scummy. You in fact did behave scummy and now you are trying to blame the scums for making you look like that.

undo wrote:Well, weak or not, that was the reason. I've never finished a mafia game in my life, so I don't know if a killed person tend to bear a grudge on the people who caused his death. I don't like to make enemies.
Well, but that's the whole mechanics of the game. As Town, don't you want to promote a lynch of a scummy player? Won't you nightkill as Mafia? This argument is unrelated. Besides, we weren't speaking of causing a kill here, remember? You get confused in your own words.....

BIG BIG FoS: xyzzy

Giving in to pressure so fast?? I expected some explanation to the "tempted" post, but that was too weird.

Mod:
Is that considered too early for a prod on Zeus?

P.S. This is hilarious out of the Mafia context:
undo wrote:I don't know if a killed person tend to bear a grudge on the people who caused his death. I don't like to make enemies.
Without hope.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2007 9:03 pm

Post by Aimee »

I think undo needs to give a full defence. He has been providing defence for each of the allegations, yet not a defence on the whole. I think it is necessary. Some comments from other players:

Primate: "You need to actually start backing up some of your comments, or at least saying why you think such things, instead of stating things as fact, undo."

Cum Grano Salis refers to undo, "... throwing ridiculous (for my taste) allegations."

Bob700 also notes that undo went on, "...a paranoid rampage..."

Aimee :D also mentioned that undo made "A panicky, pressured post..."

Streeflo: "Undo's arguments struck me as defensive and paranoid."

undo, you really need to properly defend yourself. Sum up your argument and show why your actions are not scummy, and why we should consider you as town.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2007 9:07 pm

Post by Aimee »

xyzzy wrote:I'm suspicious of his debating. If he's innocent, he won't be bringing up bad arguments to accuse someone who currently looks very good. He's acting suspiciously around undo, for pretty pointless reasons.
It has already been established that he was simply doing it to provoke a reaction, something which he got. Otherwise, why would he have put a random vote against another player if he has a guilty cop result against another? And also, how is undo looking "very good"? He has been paranoid, overtly defensive, panicky and pressured. Not things usually found in town.
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 5:41 am

Post by undo »

CGS wrote:You in fact did behave scummy and now you are trying to blame the scums for making you look like that.
Hm... No I am not.
CGS wrote:Well, but that's the whole mechanics of the game. As Town, don't you want to promote a lynch of a scummy player? Won't you nightkill as Mafia? This argument is unrelated.
Sometimes, people break relationships because of the most natural things.
CGS wrote:Besides, we weren't speaking of causing a kill here, remember?
I mentioned killing as the extreme situation. When I said to Primate: "OK OK sorry! Don't get mad with me please. I don't want to distress anybody" I was kind of preventing.
Aimee wrote:I think undo needs to give a full defence.
What do you want me to say? I knew something was wrong when Primate said he had a guilty cop result on me. I was right: He was lying. I don't like liars, and then he came with his WIFOMish argument ("Undo, do you think it a likely thing for scum to do, to come out with a fake cop guilty result result day 1?") so I accused him of being scum.

As for "paranoia"... Well, I wouldn't say I was paranoid. I was, let's say, excessively and spontaneously forceful, to see how would Primate react. If you want my opinion, I think he was a bit uncomfortable with my forceful accusations. He even bolded his "You need to actually start backing up some of your comments, or at least saying why you think such things, instead of stating things as fact, undo.", which can prove that he was a bit troubled/afraid that people would follow my accusations and lynch him. It may prove that he doesn't have a clean consicence.

We know and it's established that he isn't a cop, as Aimee said. Now we only need to know if he is protown or antitown. I'm still not convinced he is protown (by the reasons I've just presented).
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 7:07 am

Post by xyzzy »

Aimee:

Perhaps undo is a special role, trying to release information without looking like it; he can't really say, "I really am a cop, and you're really scum!"; that would look horribly suspicious, and he'd be immediately killed by any intelligent scum.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 7:15 am

Post by Aimee »

xyzzy wrote:Aimee:

Perhaps undo is a special role, trying to release information without looking like it; he can't really say, "I really am a cop, and you're really scum!"; that would look horribly suspicious, and he'd be immediately killed by any intelligent scum.
Maybe. However:

1) We shouldn't be blatantly rolefishing this early.
2) That is unlikely, because this ir a mini normal, not a theme game, meaning the roles have to be fairly standard.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 7:56 am

Post by xyzzy »

How is a cop a non-standard role?
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 8:00 am

Post by bird1111 »

undo wrote:
Primate wrote:can you please state how precisely you think I have slipped?
You probably thought that, if you lied and said you had a guilty cop result on me, I would become troubled. But now I turn the tables on you, and you look the most suspicious person right now (especially with your new WIFOM statement).
How is this scummy? As already said, scum don't want to trouble townies at this stage of the game, Primate was mearly fishing for reactions.
xyzzy wrote:I'm suspicious of his debating. If he's innocent, he won't be bringing up bad arguments to accuse someone who currently looks very good. He's acting suspiciously around undo, for pretty pointless reasons.
How were Primate's arguments bad?

xyzzy wrote:I'll quickly become very suspicious if Primate or undo turn out to be scum. Having used it in the past, I can say that despite it's general failure, WIFOM is a very seductive strategy; every time I've attempted it, it's been with the thought that maybe I'll be the one who'll do it right. It's a stupid strategy that anyone will follow, so I'm suspicious of anything that looks remotely like it.
Explain your first statement. As for the rest, pretty much anything can be called WIFOM, so therefore if your later statement was correct you would be suspicious of almost anything.
xyzzy wrote:OR it could just be a mafioso trying to get an innocent killed. I don't think Primate's trying to accuse anyone as an innocent; that's too dangerous this early on.
Why would Primate accuse someone like he did if he was scum then? He's drawing attention to himself uneccesairly; but it makes sense if he is innocent as he would be fishing for reactions, which can help find scum.

undo wrote:
CGS wrote:Well, but that's the whole mechanics of the game. As Town, don't you want to promote a lynch of a scummy player? Won't you nightkill as Mafia? This argument is unrelated.
Sometimes, people break relationships because of the most natural things.
What do you mean by this?

I feel undo and xyzzy are looking suspicious, undo more so; and I'm getting the feeling that xyzzy is trying to get the heat taken off undo by attacking Primate, making me suspect them to be scumbuddies.

Unvote, vote: Undo
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 8:21 am

Post by undo »

I've already defended myself, I can't help it more. If you really want it, go on, lynch me. I can only say that you might be being too hasty.
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 8:26 am

Post by undo »

On the other hand, bird1111, you seem not to have any problem with scum hammering. You're putting me at lynch-2 without much hesitation.

Hummm...
FOS: bird1111

What?? Lynch-2?! Oh I'm surely being paranoid again!
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 8:38 am

Post by bird1111 »

If scum want to work together to hammer you at lynch -2 than I'll gladly take the two scum for one town trade that follows.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 9:13 am

Post by xyzzy »

I'm a strict believer in lynch all liars; he lied to get evidence, which only creates more confusion.
Explain your first statement. As for the rest, pretty much anything can be called WIFOM, so therefore if your later statement was correct you would be suspicious of almost anything.
No, not anything; but if Primate turns out to be scum, it'll either be an attempt at a quick townie lynch or WIFOM.
Why would Primate accuse someone like he did if he was scum then? He's drawing attention to himself uneccesairly; but it makes sense if he is innocent as he would be fishing for reactions, which can help find scum.
Perhaps it's a gamble, hoping that we'll think he meant to look townie by doing something scum would never do. It's a working strategy.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 9:20 am

Post by bird1111 »

xyzzy wrote:
I'm a strict believer in lynch all liars; he lied to get evidence, which only creates more confusion.

xyzzy wrote:
No, not anything; but if Primate turns out to be scum, it'll either be an attempt at a quick townie lynch or WIFOM.
Why would Primate quick townie lynch on day 1? 1 for 1 trades with the scum are usually better for the town. As for WIFOM, I'm guessing you mean that he's doing it to look town, and if so; see responce below.
xyzzy wrote:
Perhaps it's a gamble, hoping that we'll think he meant to look townie by doing something scum would never do. It's a working strategy.
True, but if he's doing it to look innocent then doesn't that mean that it is fairly likely that doing so is a move that a resonably intelligent protown person might make?
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 9:24 am

Post by undo »

but if he's doing it to look innocent then doesn't that mean that it is fairly likely that doing so is a move that a resonably intelligent protown person might make?
That's what WIFOM is about, no?
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 10:00 am

Post by Aimee »

xyzzy wrote:How is a cop a non-standard role?
Sorry, I thought by "special role" you were meaning something more unusual than a cop.
Bob700
Bob700
Townie
Bob700
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 10:18 am

Post by Bob700 »

undo wrote:I've already defended myself, I can't help it more. If you really want it, go on, lynch me. I can only say that you might be being too hasty.
Too hasty? How so? We are simply voting who we believe is scum. But, at the -2 point, I can only suggest one thing. Roleclaim.
Because everyone knows... Internet. Serious Business.
someone2
someone2
Goon
someone2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 11:57 am

Post by someone2 »

That's what I was getting at. If you can come up with any example of two members of a scumgroup agreeing to get into an argument the night before, then following through, I will concede your point.

Seriously, it never happens. Overly paranoid people just think it does. Feel free to prove me wrong.
It's not impossible to see two scums fighting against each other, one scum just have to understand what the other want to do ( distancing themselves in that case) without talking of that during the night. But I understand your point so:

unvote: Primate

someone wrote:
As I know you're experienced in mafia games

I'm not :lol: .
Undo, I wasn't talking to you, but to Primate in that post.When I read that post ,it seems that you think that suspicion is against you, but it is not (in that post, it was not even a suspicion, but a fact).A mafia is normally trying to get every suspicion away from him while playing a game, so I think that you're mafia because you tried to justify yourself before having totally understand my post. A town would have seen that I was talking to Primate, but mafias don't care about the town, but just about themselves, so they are more likely to make that sort of mistake, because they do not care to understand everything. I know my reasoning is a bit ambiguous, but I'm doing my best :D .
We know and it's established that he isn't a cop, as Aimee said. Now we only need to know if he is protown or antitown. I'm still not convinced he is protown (by the reasons I've just presented).
How can you be sure of that? Maybe Primate is a cop lying about his investigation. It seems that you know what's the role of Primate and you are sure of it. you can only be a cop or a mafia in that case( or a mafia cop)

FOS: undo

I won't place any vote because I think we should try asking questions on other people before lynching the person that was under pressure all the time. Maybe others would appear more scummy than undo if we investigate( not as a cop) properly. [/quote][/quote]
Show
Hi!

Win as:
town:0/3
scum:0/0

Not very good heh?
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 1:07 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Maybe Primate is a cop lying about his investigation.
That would be about the stupidest thing he could possibly do.

He's been very vocal; cops should remain quiet until absolutely ready to strike. If he's not scum, I half suspect he'll be found dead tomorrow.
StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 2:19 pm

Post by StallingChamp »

{BiC}Zeus has been prodded. He has 24 hours to pick up his prod before I hunt for a replacement.
Last edited by StallingChamp on Mon May 07, 2007 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
[color=red][b][i]GO SENS GO[/b][/i][/color]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5295]Mini 441[/url] - Night 2

High School Mafia coming soon to a Mini Theme Queue near you!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”