Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2007 1:20 pm

Post by Quagmire »

hmm, well, i guess there isn't much more for me to say, but i really, really think that mos is scum. he never took a certifiable position on me (he was waivering back and forth as far as i remember) until today, where it was already known that i'd be a sure lynch.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2007 1:34 pm

Post by Thok »

Quag-other than MOS, who do you think is likely to be scum.

How many scum are left in the game?

Why did scum kill Pooky last night?
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2007 1:56 pm

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

Quagmire (3): Mastermind of Sin, Save The Dragons, spectrumvoid

Not Voting: Coron, Quagmire, Thok, mystery meat of doom

4 to lynch
Success breeds suspicion
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2007 8:32 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

Do we have a more-or-less complete list of offices and abilities? Should we take stock now?
Blank.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2007 8:35 pm

Post by Thok »

I would prefer to wait a day to discuss offices. But that's just me. Unless somebody has multiple cop investigations, I don't think it's particularly helpful.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2007 8:59 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

I really should start making myself clearer... There was a list somewhere of people who have claimed certain offices with certain abilities. I lost it, because I accidentally deleted it from my computer when I was clearing out stuff.

The reason I'm asking is because I need to consider who to shift where.
Blank.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2007 12:56 pm

Post by Quagmire »

i'd say spectrumvoid. is it confirmed that scum can't have an office switcher?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2007 1:21 pm

Post by Thok »

Hello. Office powers and alignment are completely independent.

Could you answer the other questions I made in my post?

Why aren't you more concerned about the upcoming deadline? What do you think about MMOD? Why did you reveal your former office role unprovoked?
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2007 3:52 pm

Post by Yaw »

Well, mystery meat of doom didn't pick up the last prod, so he is now being replaced my ThAdmiral.

To give ThAdmiral a chance to catch up, I'm revoking the deadline. However, without some pick-up in participation you can expect it back.
Success breeds suspicion
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2007 5:22 am

Post by Quagmire »

i think that MoS and spectrumvoid are our remaining scum.

my thoughts on mos have already been posted: i don't think that he took a certain position on anything until today started, in which it was basically confirmed that i was going to be the main target of the town's lynch. this is really the only time that he attacked or voted for me with any confidence. these "positions" of his seem consistent throughout the game.

spectrumvoid has lurked the great majority of the time that we've been playing, and lately seems to continue flaunting his "office switcher" role as if it's already confirmed and that he's innocent. it feels like he's trying to
prove
his innocence to everybody by saying, "look, guys, i'll switch roles again. do you want me to? is this okay? c'mon, just say the word" without any need to do so.

so, with that said, i'd like to lynch mos today and spectrumvoid tomorrow.
vote: mos

anywho. what's thadmiral got to say about all of this?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2007 2:08 pm

Post by Thok »

@Yaw-is ThAdmiral even around/has he picked up his role PM yet? His post in the signup thread was several months ago (and was at a time when he posted in about 20 replacement threads at once.)

@SV-from what I remember about offices, I'm not sure of how much benefit you will get out of switching offices (I don't think there's any super special awesome offices remaining that will win the game for town; people won't get the benefit of them for at least another night). I mean, feel free to switch offices, but don't expect it to be that helpful.
Quagmire wrote:my thoughts on mos have already been posted: i don't think that he took a certain position on anything until today started, in which it was basically confirmed that i was going to be the main target of the town's lynch. this is really the only time that he attacked or voted for me with any confidence. these "positions" of his seem consistent throughout the game.
MOS has taken strong positions on things in this game (particularly his attacks on TheCesspit/CES and his attacks on pablito-he may have been wrong about those, but he certainly took strong positions). In addition, he was one of the people attacking you yesterday.

Yes, he didn't start looking at you until yesterday, but that's partially because you/Harry Potter have massively lurked throughout the game; you/Harry Potter have basically gotten away with being ignored most of the game.
spectrumvoid has lurked the great majority of the time that we've been playing, and lately seems to continue flaunting his "office switcher" role as if it's already confirmed and that he's innocent. it feels like he's trying to
prove
his innocence to everybody by saying, "look, guys, i'll switch roles again. do you want me to? is this okay? c'mon, just say the word" without any need to do so.
You're a fine one to accuse people of lurking. Morover, SV's lurking is a more recent phenomenon (earlier in the game she was posting a lot.)

It is confirmed that SV has an office switcher role. I feel like you are massively stretching to get that she's flaunting the fact of her power.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2007 2:22 pm

Post by Yaw »

Yes, ThAdmiral is around. I checked to see that he had posted recently when I found I needed a replacement, then PMed him to ask if he was still interested. I wouldn't have announced the replacement had he not responded.
Success breeds suspicion
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2007 2:16 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

I am NOT lurking... I an just finding it very difficult to say something in this game. I have nothing to go on here.
Blank.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2007 1:00 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Yeah, I'm here. Just reading through still.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2007 4:10 pm

Post by Thok »

Yaw
please prod Coron.

As I'm posting elsewhere, I will be unlikely to post much Friday through Sunday.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2007 12:29 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

I'll try to post next week, I have a final tomorrow and then I have to move out the next day and move in on Sunday. I want to take a look at the rest of the players before we lynch Quagmire.
Permanent V/LA.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2007 5:35 am

Post by Quagmire »

Thok wrote:MOS has taken strong positions on things in this game (particularly his attacks on TheCesspit/CES and his attacks on pablito-he may have been wrong about those, but he certainly took strong positions). In addition, he was one of the people attacking you yesterday.

Yes, he didn't start looking at you until yesterday, but that's partially because you/Harry Potter have massively lurked throughout the game; you/Harry Potter have basically gotten away with being ignored most of the game.
I've hardly lurked the last couple of days.

Listen, I still don't like me as a lynch -- I can guarantee you that I'm pro-town -- I've been contributing as much as any lately and I'm trying to get people to look at who is probably more deserving. I still feel that spectrumvoid flaunts her office switcher role like it's confirmed that she's town. But, you know.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2007 5:57 am

Post by Thok »

You've only "not lurked" because you've come under massive amounts of attack for lurking. The only way I've gotten any info out of you is by repeatedly asking you qustions and forcing you to post. My ttack/MOS's attack were what stopped you from lurking.

Moreover, you've now made additional scum tells; I've pointed out how I think your arguments about MOS and SV are flawed, and you've ignored them.

Do you really think "I'm protown, I guarantee it!" is any sort of defense?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2007 1:44 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

progress report: about halfway through. Back to reading...
Don't ask me to provide self meta
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2007 6:40 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Checking in. Quagmire is scum. Kill him.
Blank.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2007 5:15 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

I don't think spectrumvoid is scum, although how she's dealing with her switcher role is kind of wierd...and the fact that scum have kept her alive, too...

Did somebody do the pooky thing to her?
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2007 11:44 am

Post by Quagmire »

Thok wrote:You've only "not lurked" because you've come under massive amounts of attack for lurking. The only way I've gotten any info out of you is by repeatedly asking you qustions and forcing you to post. My ttack/MOS's attack were what stopped you from lurking.

Moreover, you've now made additional scum tells; I've pointed out how I think your arguments about MOS and SV are flawed, and you've ignored them.
how is that a scumtell at all? i haven't read the game previous to the point i replaced in, so when you're telling me pretty much factual information about parts of the game that i don't know about, i feel pretty compelled to believe what you say. i'm just basing my scum feelings off of what i've played through so far.
Thok wrote:Do you really think "I'm protown, I guarantee it!" is any sort of defense?
no, but if the only evidence against me is through your process of elimination, then there's really not too much i can defend myself against, now can i?
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2007 3:02 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

I'd say my role is not as powerful as some of the roles out there... considering I'm not very sure what is in what office at the moment...

What pooky thing?
Blank.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2007 5:15 am

Post by Thok »

Quagmire wrote:
Thok wrote:You've only "not lurked" because you've come under massive amounts of attack for lurking. The only way I've gotten any info out of you is by repeatedly asking you qustions and forcing you to post. My ttack/MOS's attack were what stopped you from lurking.

how is that a scumtell at all? i haven't read the game previous to the point i replaced in, so when you're telling me pretty much factual information about parts of the game that i don't know about, i feel pretty compelled to believe what you say. i'm just basing my scum feelings off of what i've played through so far.
You replaced into the game in December. You've had months to read over the game. I'm not going to take "I haven't read the game at all" as an excuse, especially when it takes maybe ten minutes to check your comments on indivuidual people. Especially since the most common thing people have asked you to do since yesterday is, to know, read the game.

And selectively choosing to defend against arguments is scummy; it allows you to pick and choose which arguments are part of the discussion, and make it appear you are defending yourself, when you are not.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2007 5:23 am

Post by Quagmire »

Thok wrote:
Quagmire wrote:

You replaced into the game in December. You've had months to read over the game. I'm not going to take "I haven't read the game at all" as an excuse, especially when it takes maybe ten minutes to check your comments on indivuidual people. Especially since the most common thing people have asked you to do since yesterday is, to know, read the game.
you underestimate the power of total laziness. of course i wasn't going to read the game in the first place -- that's way too long for me to give a damn about.

and "especially when it takes maybe ten minutes to check your commends on individual people" -- what does that mean?
And selectively choosing to defend against arguments is scummy; it allows you to pick and choose which arguments are part of the discussion, and make it appear you are defending yourself, when you are not.
what arguments have i not been paying attention to? because all i see is "process of elimination".

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”