talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2925 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2014 6:59 pm

Post by talah »

How comfortable would you be in a LYLO situation, Prof?

Serious question.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2926 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2014 8:02 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 2768, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 2767, Bulbazak wrote:I wouldn't call it a 180 per se. Unvoting a claimed PR is a perfectly reasonable response, especially when that PR can be confirmed the next day. And I'm sorry, but the idea of Nacho as conf. town is normally worth a night phase.
What about it isn't really a 180? I agree it isn't the same as going from "oh he's confirmed scum" to "this guy is as good as a townread as I'll ever get." Which makes sense and it would be completely unwarranted. But his stance of whether or not he wanted to lynch Nacho changed in the span of less than two minutes with a complete lack of healthy skepticism. He was one of the most vocal players about trying to lynch Nacho before the fake-claim came in and spent several posts advocating how we had caught scum and how he was sad he wasn't the one to do it, but okay with it being Zito. The progression of his stance change just doesn't make sense to me and I'd think town convinced that he'd found scum would be a little more hesitant to unvote even in the face of a claim like that. If scum were looking for a gambit to keep Nacho alive to make use of his role, then this is the exact type of thing I'm looking for. And I think Agar looks the worst from it.
I don't think it's a 180 to reevaluate your read after someone claims a PR. In fact, I think it's a healthy move. I can understand how you think he should have been more skeptical, but Agar also has a point with the claim being confirmable. And do you know what would happen when that claim was not confirmed? We would have lynched Nacho on the spot. And if his buddy would have claimed to have gotten the message, then we would have a solid associative link. I really don't see how you are saying that giving the claim a little time to pan out would have been a bad move in the long run, as without the guidance of hindsight, that would have been the opportune move.
In post 2768, Brian Skies wrote: I also disagree with you that Nacho is worth losing a night phase over and you really shouldn't be allowing players of that caliber more opportunities to slip away as scum when they're extremely difficult to lynch as is (which is mostly based on reputation).
I like to err on the side of caution with players like Nacho, and if there is a chance that they could be confirmable town, I'd be remiss not to take it.
In post 2768, Brian Skies wrote: And I don't know why you're apologizing to me when 1) I disagree with you and I think your outlook on this is wrong, 2) Nacho was scum anyways and hindsight is 20/20 which makes this argument biased and unfair, and 3) I'm not feeling inclined to move my vote.
It's called rhetoric.
In post 2768, Brian Skies wrote: You don't seem to think Agar is worth voting. Are you just not convinced or do you think he's town?
I think Agar is town.
In post 2775, talah wrote:
In post 2721, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 2685, talah wrote:
In post 2679, Bulbazak wrote:And I'm not touching an AD lynch with a 10-foot pole.
Why is that?
Because I think his claim of tracking MS implicates MS more than it does him.
Um - if AD's town how does him thinking MS might be scum implicate MS unless he got a result on MS?
AD's targeting of MS, which has been confirmed by Iec, shows that MS was lying about his role. MS has also repeatedly backpedaled today when put under pressure. That is not like AD, who looks like he actually forgot, and shows that he was actually surprised. Also, AD as scum would have been aware of who he was targeting, and targeting a claimed PGO does not make sense for scum. I completely buy that AD inadvertently tracked MS and ended up accidentally exposing scum.
In post 2775, talah wrote: TIP's been under a lot more pressure than Prof. TIP's a default nominee. We don't need default nominees, we need nominees who people have reasons for putting up for lynch.
And your point is? TIP has been under pressure for a reason. The reason that has been put up by TIP, and now you, that we should not go after our scumspects because we have been doing so all game is total and complete crap.
In post 2802, Brian Skies wrote:I also noticed that Bulba voted Tip after tying Nacho to Tip first.
That's not true. I had been voting TIP all day.
In post 2845, mnemonicdevice wrote: Submitted black light for two reasons. One, to find out whether or not it has anything to do with my role, and two, it says that it is generally town positive, which is good.
This is town.

I'm too tired to read anymore. I'll look at the rest later.

On to page 115.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2927 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:42 am

Post by farside22 »

Magua: in regards to nemonic. One post does not equal town and two he could be lying. I'm not sold till me hypocrite who has been floating around all game is not getting off. I have issues when someone does know what is going on but does not talk about scum reads is not ringing town.
I agree with you about agar and AD.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2928 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:03 am

Post by ZZZX »

I have a plan if we were to reach 3 players lylo personally. I think shootout is the most aweasom card when played correctly.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2929 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:32 am

Post by ActionDan »

@MOD: Please Replace me, apologies
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2930 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:26 am

Post by Prof Fridays »

In post 2925, talah wrote:How comfortable would you be in a LYLO situation, Prof?

Serious question.
Hrm, that's a fair question. I'd say
moderately
comfortable. It would somewhat depend on who's all with me.
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

What if you knew way more about the game state Day 1?
THE LAB 4 is live!
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2931 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:51 am

Post by Oversoul »

Where the hell is Zito?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2932 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:12 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Blacklight.

Could be worse.

I am excite for tomorrow.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #2933 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:13 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

i am still not using my brains for this game
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2934 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:26 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 2857, AGar wrote: BS is worth consideration. His vote was shit.
I can see reasons why he would do so if town, which basically boils down to not reading the game himself. I'm paranoid of him for other reasons, but I haven't seen what I'd expect him to do as scum yet.
In post 2874, AGar wrote:A lot of interaction with AO was via Google Hangouts, which I would advise we organize if we DO get AO, which allows for real time responses, which is going to weed out a lot of scummy players.
Skype would be better, as you could see when people are on.
In post 2876, Brian Skies wrote: Their urgency to save one of their own power roles will be greater in a double-action phase because they're not losing one night action, they're losing two. And losing a roleblocker gives the town even more reign to wreak havoc on the setup in the coming night phase.
Something about this is phrased wrong...
In post 2890, Metal Sonic wrote:
In post 2887, Juls wrote: P-edit: Agar is scum, not solely because of the unvote but also because of the fact that he was going to be the one confirming Nacho. It's a high risk gambit but I get the impression that is the type of players they are.

possibly, but nacho was a mafia roleblocker who desperately wanted to use his action on double action night so theres that.
Where do you get that? He never said anything like that in the thread.
In post 2912, Brian Skies wrote: By the time Nacho had decided to pull his gambit, Agar already spent a considerable deal hooping and hollering about how we had caught scum with Papa Zito's 'scum-slip'. If the scumteam were looking to save their power role, as a buddy, Agar would have been in a good position to attempt to help him because he already had his previous interactions to fall back on as well as 'oh well, it's Nacho.' It feels like too convenient of a position. And I find it suspicious that Agar would so easily dismiss Nacho being scum fake-claiming just to survive to the night phase when he showed so much conviction previously that Nacho was caught scum.
And you can't see any reason why Agar-town would unvote someone who just claimed a PR?
In post 2912, Brian Skies wrote: I understand that people have a hard-on/complete man-crush on Nacho based on reputation. But in response to me pushing him, Agar has stated that what he did shouldn't be considered suspicious solely for the fact that 'lol, it's Nacho' and any attempt for the scumteam to preserve a power-role towards an upcoming double-action night phase to be irrelevant. So much so, that he's insinuating only scum could be pushing the latter point.
Except it wasn't so much "lol, it's Nacho" as it was leaving a confirmable PR alive to prove himself. It being Nacho was a plus. Why the strawman?
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2935 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:33 pm

Post by zoraster »

Day 3
ActionDan ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 11 )

Agar ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 11 )

Magua ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 11 )

Cheery Dog ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 11 )

mnemonicdevice ( 8 )
Oversoul
farside22
Brian Skies
Prof Fridays
Metal Sonic
Juls
talah
Aronis
[/color]
(L - 3 )

TheIrishPope ( 2 )
Bulbazak
PeregrineV
[/color]
(L - 9 )

No Lynch ( 0 )

Not Voting ( 10 )
mnemonicdevice ActionDan Magua Papa Zito ZZZX Iecerint Venmar TheIrishPope Agar Cheery Dog
Total Votes ( 20 )
Needed to Lynch [ 11 ]
DeadlineDeadline is June 8 at 13:00 EDT --- Time Until Deadline: (expired on 2014-06-08 13:00:00)
Current Active Event:
Nomination Day
Tomorrow's Event:
Black Light

Searching for a replacement for ActionDan
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2936 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:32 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Ok I am over this

LYNCH MD, FUCK THE REPLACEMENT
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2937 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:09 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

That seems entirely foolish. I feel like a replacement would give us more insight.
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

THE LAB 4 is live!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2938 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:09 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

That is, you can find common data points and inconsistencies, case in point: Metal Sonic vs. BROseidon.

THE LAB 4 is live!
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #2939 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:59 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 2937, Prof Fridays wrote:That seems entirely foolish. I feel like a replacement would give us more insight.
On whether AD got himself confused over last nights targets?
It's not like mnemonic is actually being replaced at the moment.

VOTE: mnemonicdevice
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2940 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:19 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

Okay... since it looks like this wagon is continuing... My role is a cop with Goo Gone. Anyone who visits me, or who I visit has a 50% chance of having their goo removed, in addition to my investigation. However if I visit an original goo, my goo gone no longer works, and I have that color goo on me.
I would have really prefered to wait until black light day to reveal the goo gone, and a little bit longer before I revealed the cop, so that way I would have more information, if it deals with goo at all. In this way if the goo was something helpful to the mafia, then I would remove as much of an advantage to their side as possible.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2941 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:24 pm

Post by Iecerint »

What are you results from N1-2 Mr. Cop?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2942 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:24 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Your*
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2943 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:40 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

@Talah: Do you know if MD's role should give an investigative result on top of a special action result if you were to visit a role like that?
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2944 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:50 pm

Post by talah »

It should do as the action was follower last night. Unless his results were somehow shielded by goo or he simply visited two targets who were both untargetable. I'm not a fan of the claim but I want to know the targets.

(I'm going to be low-ish activity for the next couple of days - got some RL stuff)
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2945 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:19 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2944, talah wrote:It should do as the action was follower last night. Unless his results were somehow shielded by goo or he simply visited two targets who were both untargetable. I'm not a fan of the claim but I want to know the targets.

(I'm going to be low-ish activity for the next couple of days - got some RL stuff)
Eh? Would it matter if his actions succeeded or not? I'd like to think that it wouldn't matter as long as your action succeeded. Is it something you can verify with the mod?
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2946 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:35 pm

Post by talah »

Well let's say he was targeted someone who was jailkept, does the action succeed and therefore return a result?

Sure, I'll clarify but the answer is kind of pointless until after mnemonic claims his targets anyway.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2947 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:43 pm

Post by talah »

*he targeted

Anyway, I've asked.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2948 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:44 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2946, talah wrote:Well let's say he was targeted someone who was jailkept, does the action succeed and therefore return a result?
Would a JK only block half of what his role is supposed to do?
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2949 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:49 pm

Post by talah »

In post 2948, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 2946, talah wrote:Well let's say he was targeted someone who was jailkept, does the action succeed and therefore return a result?
Would a JK only block half of what his role is supposed to do?
Can we just let mnemonic out his targets first?

Read the action resolutions in the OP 'Known Information' section please :)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”