Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2450 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 10:16 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

could just have our cake and eat it, too

vig -> tip
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2451 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 10:28 pm

Post by talah »

And that helps - how?

Cross off the incorrect options

It means scum will know exactly who any town Vig will target tonight
It means that Nacho does not interact tomorrow because he gets lynched today
It means that TheIrishPope lives another day and does precisely nothing
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2452 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 10:37 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

the third option is incorrect, i do not see the issue with the first two options
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2453 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 10:39 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

like, vig should really just claim after double action and if they didn't shoot tip then they're dumb, and if they did and tip didn't die but the other shot went through, then lynch him tomorrow

do not really see the issue here
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2454 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 10:45 pm

Post by Juls »

Talah, he is also being voted because he claimed a role that he was planning to fake claim with recently. How have you forgot that little fact. I know you want to lynch tip but please don't be stubborn at this point.
-------------------------------------
Juls
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2455 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 10:54 pm

Post by talah »

I was in that game. Muffin replaced into my slot and I read along with it.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2456 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 10:55 pm

Post by Juls »

And you don't find that highly suspect?
Juls
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2457 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 10:59 pm

Post by talah »

I find it far more suspect that Muffin is trying to lynch him.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2458 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 11:04 pm

Post by Juls »

You know you can and should only worry about muffin after his flip right?
...going back to sleep, this is such an obvious lynch to me.
Juls
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2459 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 11:06 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

talah wrote:I find it far more suspect that Muffin is trying to lynch him
that is a very sensible position to take that makes sense and is sensible
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2460 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 11:12 pm

Post by talah »

I figure Muffin should be trying to actually work out if Nacho's scum or not if he was town.

And no, Juls, you'd have to be naive to think this couldn't be a repeat of the same game - where Nacho and Muffin (Mainly Muffin TBH) tried to bus the fuck out of one another and spent their days soft-attacking each other which came across as content. Don't be so dismissive.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2461 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 11:13 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

if you followed the game and know that was a fake-claim he planned to use (but didn't), do you think it's a massive coincidence he rolled a rare role in this game that he was forced to claim because of a perceived slip that he couldn't talk his way out of (regardless of whether the slip was a legitimate reason to think he's scum, i personally don't think it was a big deal but others do and he wasn't going to get out of the lynch without a good fake-claim).

i was among the people who didn't really want to lynch him today in order to test his claim but i realise that IF he actually is town, any smart scum team is going to interfere with his role in some way (especially since he announced his target)

so we will be back tomorrow with no confirmation of nacho's role and you'll have to once again decide whether or not to let him live another day to test his role or lynch him and so on and so forth

i thought kublai khan was scum. i thought nacho was scum prior to this "slip" stuff. it's pretty obvious to anyone who's read any of my posts that's what i think. so i saw this claim and think there are just too many things that don't add up here and nacho is probably scum, and leaving him alive another night almost certainly doesn't do anything to change the nacho situation sooooo i would rather lynch someone i think is going to flip scum today and leave tip to the vig (who really has no excuse not to shoot at tip given double action)
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2462 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 11:15 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

also, if you honestly think i'm scum with nacho, then you should be fine with lynching him

though if you honestly think i would shit all over his fake-claim as scum with him, then lol
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2463 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 11:19 pm

Post by talah »

Yeh

You didn't shit all over it

You hedged like every other opinion you've laid down

"fuck it, I'll vote Nacho"
Is kind of my point

The whole exercise again doesn't say much about nacho

I'm going to bed.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2464 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 11:25 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

talah wrote:You didn't shit all over it
you do realise that if i had stayed silent, a nacho vote wouldn't even be on the table right now, right?

that is kind of the definition of shitting all over it
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2465 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 11:27 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

talah wrote:You hedged like every other opinion you've laid down
welcome to how i play mafia?

i am fairly cautious, i tend to prefer taking optimal approaches over risk-taking, and i don't pretend to have any more confidence in my reads than i do
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2466 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 11:31 pm

Post by talah »

Stayed Silent?

About what? - Nacho's egregious crimes against humanity?

Nah. You fucking dropped the Bulba push as soon as you thought you could lynch Nacho.

Funny thing is that your actions really don't get a rerun if Nacho does flip town due to 169.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2467 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 11:31 pm

Post by talah »

*scum
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2468 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 11:32 pm

Post by talah »

In post 2465, zMuffinMan wrote:
talah wrote:You hedged like every other opinion you've laid down
welcome to how i play mafia?

i am fairly cautious, i tend to prefer taking optimal approaches over risk-taking, and i don't pretend to have any more confidence in my reads than i do
Do you deliberately alter your town meta to make your scum games easier?
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2469 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 11:33 pm

Post by talah »

If you weren't taking risks you wouldn't be lynching Nacho Day 2.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2470 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 11:34 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

yes, i dropped a wagon on a lynch that clearly wasn't happening to pursue a lynch on another scum read that had a higher chance of happening

*gasp*

the

fucking

horror

and yes if i had stayed silent about the fact that nacho was planning to use a friendly neighbour fake-claim in a previous game as scum, he wouldn't be a lynch candidate right now
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2471 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 11:35 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

talah wrote:Do you deliberately alter your town meta to make your scum games easier?
i don't know what you think i'm altering

and no, the nacho lynch is no more a risk today than it will be tomorrow. or the day after.

if you do not understand this, you are not reading
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2472 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 11:37 pm

Post by talah »

Why do you simultaneously have complete confidence in Nacho-scum, and devastating doubt about his alignment?
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2473 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 11:38 pm

Post by talah »

And why then isn't the natural progression "well we'll see what the fuck he has to say tomorrow"?
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2474 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 11:41 pm

Post by talah »

Also

Nah mate

I've been the only person here to push Nacho apart from maybe Iec for any reason which wasn't borne of the "Veto Scumslip"

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”