tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 7:06 am

Post by tn5421 »

In post 299, beastcharizard wrote:
Finally, hardly participating? What has your slot done?
Why exactly does that matter when the evidence that he's participating is right in front of your eyes?
I would also appreciate it if you stopped misrepping me. I'm almost certain you were aware of my second vote when you made .

VOTE: beastcharizard
WIP
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 7:12 am

Post by beastcharizard »

You second vote wasn't on it own line which is normal for any vote. Many people's rules state that votes have to be their own line or they don't count. That rule is there because it is hard as hell to see votes that are not on their own line. You want to know why people missed your vote? Because it is very missable in the mits of all the other stuff you said.

And what did PiM do? Nothing. They "gambitted" and then never gave an explanation. They then had to be replaced for inactivity. So there is a little resentment towards that slot that is now being completely over looked because it was replaced.

Also, kindly let other people respond to the questions I ask them because that had nothing to do with you.
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 7:25 am

Post by tn5421 »

Fuck them. It was close enough to being on its own line that it shouldn't matter, I though that was what the white background on black bold font was for.

PiM pissed me off but this has happened in a game I played before and the person doing the gambit was town. As far as I'm concerned its null.
WIP
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 9:26 am

Post by Justin Playfair »

Voidwalker1234's
posts 77 and 121 both bother me, in the first case because not having some sort of opinion on Talah at the point when Voidwalker makes this post seems almost impossible unless Void's play style involves refusing to read any post that doesn't have his name in it, and in the second it displays an attitude that is, to say the least, defiantly unhelpful to town.

But what bothers me most about Voidwalker is his vote on Pim (me) in his post 61. It's not that he voted Pim that makes it interesting. There are few things in the world of Mafia more annoying (and in my opinion anti-town) than what Pim was doing, and the fact that it is so often done by town only makes it worse. I would have wanted to lay a vote on Pim. I would have wanted to lay enough on him to get him to stop the Cheshire Cat routine and either put up or shut up.

What bothers me is the timing. Because this was the sequence of posts that led to Void's vote:
In post 59, Pim wrote:Sorry, not seeing how Talah evaded questions :S
And the answer will follow soonish. It didn't part of it purpose yet.

Not liking the vote from Finglove.

@Empty, you clearly don't know the purpose ;) And like I said, I'm waiting on part of its purpose. Don't worry. It will come and you can then form an opinion on it;)
Avatar follows when I know what to do with it.
In post 60, mlearn2 wrote:
In post 42, Voidwalker1234 wrote:Hi. I just missed the RVS so let's jump on the largest wagon, VOTE: talah. Anyways, let's watch what's happening.
Cool, I've got not issue with jumping wagons to start a game. It's a good way to get discussion going.
In post 46, Voidwalker1234 wrote:1. Yay, she's at L-3. If she was at say 5/6 votes I would say, that was a bit scummy, but meh.
2. So? I prefer to lurk and occasionally change my vote, sometimes asking questions, but over all I'm a lurker.
But this doesn't sit well with me. I get coming in and laying a vote on a bandwagon, but then you come in and try and give a caveat that you're going to lurk. So, if the wagon grows, you don't have to put any effort into it. Maybe drop in here or there to stoke the fire while you lay back on your "I'm a lurker" comment.

vote: voidwalker
In post 61, Voidwalker1234 wrote:...Why so cryptic Pim? What part of its purpose? Are waiting for Desperado's response?

Preview Edit: Obviously because I have absolutely no scum hunting skills so I wait around reading he game as it progresses and vote for people who seem scummy, such as Pim here. UNVOTE: VOTE: Pim

I just don't like the lay of it. Pim posts another dose of his nonsense, mlearn2 lays a somewhat serious attack on Void along with what was at that time the second vote on him and Void immediately places his one and only vote with a stated purpose other than "yay, bandwagon!" on Pim. And maybe he had just noticed Pim doing this, but it really was about all Pim had done in the thread. Since then those two votes have wandered elsewhere and this...
In post 263, Voidwalker1234 wrote:So do we RVS and ignore everything that just happened? Or are we going to lynch katen?
...has been Void's most substantive contribution to the discussion.

Void, would it be possible for you to give us your reads on the town? Your impressions of the day's activity? Your motivation to even be here?
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 9:29 am

Post by tn5421 »

inb4 town tries to lynch Justin for 'amished tell'.
WIP
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 10:10 am

@beastchaizard. Thank you for your answers. I'm still a little puzzled about this part.
In post 299, beastcharizard wrote:I didn't think I was lurking so someone scum reading me for something I am not doing just seemed absurd to me. I was hoping they at least had some sort of logical reason added onto lurking to scum read me but they didn't. Now they apparently town read me since they all but said Katen is WKing me.
If you didn't think you were lurking why did you give two different reasons as to why you weren't present, the game that was ending and the game you found more interesting? Was the argument you were making that you were not lurking but entirely disengaged? Also, wouldn't simply have answering that you weren't lurking or asking directly from the beginning if SeeEmpty was suspicious of anything other than lurking have been a more useful approach in answering a charge that seemed absurd?
In post 299, beastcharizard wrote:Finally, hardly participating? What has your slot done?
Well, right now it's asking you questions.
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 10:11 am

@tn5421...amished tell?
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 11:28 am

Post by talah »

It's where a player calls their predecessor's play scummy (or possibly more loosely, scummy-looking or just bad). Think it's based on the name of an old-school MS player who must have done it as scum.

Prod-dodging, sorry. I have this week off work though - will be back, and have been generally following along. Just a bit brain-dead.
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 11:43 am

Thanks, Talah. What Pim was doing is one of my biggest pet peeves. It would be stupid to deny it. Just looked him up and...ummm...amished seems to have joined after my last game finished, that is before my return a few days ago. Old school.

Are you still wanting more time in the day? As in beyond the weekend?
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 11:57 am

Post by talah »

Eh - I don't see it as particularly scummy myself, but the fact that it's a tell makes it at least a point of conversation. A townie floated it as a possible tell for me once when I was replacing in and catching up and simply thought my predecessor's play looked scummy and mentioned it.

I'm guessing that this is the player. So not quite so old-school as you XD
http://forum.mafiascum.net/memberlist.p ... le&u=10654

Yeah I'm still in no hurry to end the day if it's fait accompli that Katen is today's lynch. If I have to balance priorities between fitting in having a chat with you and really going over all players with Paschendale before he gets nightkilled, it'll be the chat with Pasch. It's 9am Sunday morning here and we have 4+ days left, to put things in perspective. I'd prefer to interact on that level without being frazzled, though. Otherwise it's just noise.

This casual chatting seems fine enough though.

How long were you away from MS?
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 12:16 pm

2008 until a few days ago. My wife got me into it initially and somehow we ended up talking about it a couple weeks ago and it made me want to play again.

I've got to get to work on my last two recaps, which might not be up until tomorrow. Been sort of dreading them and because of the pace of the game I could leave them until last. But it's time.
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 1:29 pm

Post by tn5421 »

In post 308, Justin Playfair wrote:Thanks, Talah. What Pim was doing is one of my biggest pet peeves. It would be stupid to deny it. Just looked him up and...ummm...amished seems to have joined after my last game finished, that is before my return a few days ago. Old school.

Are you still wanting more time in the day? As in beyond the weekend?
I got lynched in a game almost exclusively on this tell.
WIP
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 2:07 pm

Post by Paschendale »

It's surprisingly hard to evolve my reads when no one is engaging with me. I don't really like being an IC very much. :(

But seriously, there are very few cases going around, and I've made mine. No one is even really questioning the accuracy of my reads, building on my ideas, disagreeing with my ideas, or really discuss them with me. Except Katen who is pissed off that I think they're scum. I don't even know if anyone agrees with me. People are trying to defend themselves, but not doing a very good job of it. Nobody has really said anything that has inspired me to change any of them.

It's sort of weird. You have this person to bounce ideas off of and discuss with that you know won't lie to you, but no one is using that.
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 2:17 pm

Post by tn5421 »

In post 312, Paschendale wrote:It's surprisingly hard to evolve my reads when no one is engaging with me. I don't really like being an IC very much. :(

But seriously, there are very few cases going around, and I've made mine. No one is even really questioning the accuracy of my reads, building on my ideas, disagreeing with my ideas, or really discuss them with me. Except Katen who is pissed off that I think they're scum. I don't even know if anyone agrees with me. People are trying to defend themselves, but not doing a very good job of it. Nobody has really said anything that has inspired me to change any of them.

It's sort of weird. You have this person to bounce ideas off of and discuss with that you know won't lie to you, but no one is using that.
Anyone that argues with you is going to be labeled confscum and lynched into the ground, so you'll forgive me for continuing to treat you like the Dursleys treated Harry Potter.
WIP
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 3:10 pm

Post by Paschendale »

Um... why would debating with me make someone scum? I'm town, but I'm not omniscient.
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 3:30 pm

Post by tn5421 »

and are indicative of what happens when someone tries to debate with the IC. It gives everyone an excuse to lynch you into the ground.
WIP
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 3:32 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Prodded voidwalker1234 (2nd prod) and mlearnt (3rd prod), they have 18 and 12 hours respectfully to respond.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 4:45 pm

Post by Paschendale »

That wasn't a debate. Saki was just trying to use our past conflicts to discount what I said. It wasn't in any way a discussion of the merits thereof. Do you have literally no comments in support of or against what I've said so far, TN? That would be pretty fishy.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 7:14 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 314, Paschendale wrote:Um... why would debating with me make someone scum? I'm town, but I'm not omniscient.
OK, since I'm self-centered and all, let's talk about my reads in . What there do you disagree with?
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 8:24 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Votecount 1.11
Katengecchi
(5) Paschendale, Finglove, penguin_alien, Voidwalker1234, SeeEmpty
tn5421
(3) Desperado, mlearn2, beastcharizard
beastcharizard
(1) tn5421
Desperado
(1) talah
SeeEmpty
(1) Katengecchi

Not Voting
(1) Justin Playfair

With 12 Alive, 7 vote are required to lynch
Deadline: Wednesday, May 14, 2014, at 9:40 PM EDT (UTC-4), which is in (expired on 2014-05-14 21:39:58)
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Finglove
Finglove
Goon
Finglove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 12:43 am

Post by Finglove »

Apologies for not posting, had a hectic few days. I'll catch up tomorrow.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 3:04 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

Prodding Katengecchi
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 3:50 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

The 12 hours given by rule 6b means I am now replacing mlearn2
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 8:01 am

Post by beastcharizard »

In post 305, Justin Playfair wrote:@beastchaizard. Thank you for your answers. I'm still a little puzzled about this part.
In post 299, beastcharizard wrote:I didn't think I was lurking so someone scum reading me for something I am not doing just seemed absurd to me. I was hoping they at least had some sort of logical reason added onto lurking to scum read me but they didn't. Now they apparently town read me since they all but said Katen is WKing me.
If you didn't think you were lurking why did you give two different reasons as to why you weren't present, the game that was ending and the game you found more interesting? Was the argument you were making that you were not lurking but entirely disengaged? Also, wouldn't simply have answering that you weren't lurking or asking directly from the beginning if SeeEmpty was suspicious of anything other than lurking have been a more useful approach in answering a charge that seemed absurd?
In post 299, beastcharizard wrote:Finally, hardly participating? What has your slot done?
Well, right now it's asking you questions.
Just because I don't believe to be lurking doesn't mean the person doesn't truely believe me to be. I still have to explain why I am not as active as they would like me to be.

I have seen the amished tell work. I am trying to find the game where it worked. I don't think it should be pushed under the rug. If Justin flips scum then tn looks really bad for the comment.
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 10:05 am

Post by tn5421 »

I've been mislynched for amished before. It doesn't work as well as you think it does.
WIP

Return to “Completed Open Games”