Mini 425 Generic Western Mafia- Game over!

Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 11:12 am

Post by Occult »

Sup Thesp.

A few things:
-Why do you belive john is an SK?
-Vry/Vel connection proof.
-This is a closed set up, are you sure of a SK?
Lastly, your neice's arrogance doesn't sit well with me.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 11:14 am

Post by Thesp »

Occult wrote:Lastly, your neice's arrogance doesn't sit well with me.
I will tell her that. I bet you just made a 5 year old cry.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 11:18 am

Post by Occult »

Thesp wrote:I will tell her that. I bet you just made a 5 year old cry.
That's what I do.

On the other hand, thanks for answering my questions and showing proof of your accusations. *Sarcassm*
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 11:20 am

Post by Thesp »

Occult wrote:On the other hand, thanks for answering my questions and showing proof of your accusations. *Sarcassm*
My pleasure! For what it's worth, I am giving an indirect answer to a playstyle question Guardian posed in this game. 8)
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 11:25 am

Post by Occult »

Hmmm....

I like the old guy, so,
Unvote

john, do you have anything to say in regards to being a SK or not?

IGMEO: Thesp
mustafa15
mustafa15
Goon
mustafa15
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 12:30 pm

Post by mustafa15 »

Thesp, care to explain anything? Just stating things as fact isn't really the best strategy...
I'm back
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 12:41 pm

Post by Thesp »

mustafa15 wrote:Thesp, care to explain anything? Just stating things as fact isn't really the best strategy...
I respectfully disagree.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 2:17 pm

Post by Guardian »

Thesp wrote:Wow. Almost all of you look scummy. But fortunately, I waded through all the wrong scum tells to find the scum for you all, since you haven't done it, despite having 14 pages of posts to work from.

Vel-Rahn Koon is is scumbuddy with Vryklan. John is the Serial Killer. Guardian is flamingly town, it burns my eyes how obvious his townness exudes from him. Peter Venkman or Occult are probably scum (though not together). I can't figure out which one, but we should have time to lynch them both. I'm mildly unimpressed by Avinyl.

Unvote: Occult, Vote: John
, since killin the SK is probably better this early than killing mafia. We can get Vel-Rahn Koon, Vryklan and Peter Venkman/Occult after that. Heck, if we have a vig, we could win by the end of N2.
OMG, thank you, someone who agrees with me at least on something -.-. I'm going to do a re-read and look for the V&V connection, I missed it, maybe it's there.

I can definitely see how BOTH Peter and Occult would be scum, especially Peter.

The thing I'd have to really disagree with is John as not pro-town. Why in hell would he defend me so much if not pro-town? As SK, maybe he wants me to think he's town? Or something? I am really not, at this point, seeing eye to eye with you on that.

I have only ten more days in this game before I go overseas :(. Maybe we can win before then? :P.

I would unvote on Avinyl, but Occul beat me to it. -2 is fine with me, I don't want to leave it at -1 so much and try and get a read from the one person who hammers.

Thesp/all: thoughts on Paradoxscum? I could definitely see P&P scumpair, much more obviously than I can see V&V.

Mustafa has contributed very little to the game, how about him too?

Gorckat, where the hell are you :(. Ditto with Vryklan's replacement, come to us! Avi too.
mod
prods?

At least Thesp is here, as with Paradox and mustafa.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 2:25 am

Post by gorckat »

I'm alive. Work net went down last Wednseday and I've had b-day parties, my best friend buying a house, wife getting promoted and such drama at home eating up my time.

I'll be trying to catch up today.
Sefer
Sefer
Goon
Sefer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 3:08 am

Post by Sefer »

I sent Avi a prod yesterday morning, and I'll give him at least 72 hours from when I sent the prod to check in before I look for a replacement. Of course, I'm still hunting for a replacement for Vryklan.

I've received word from Vel-Rahn Koon that he hasn't been able to post recently because his son has been sick. He's promised me he will post today or tomorrow.
[url=http://www.greylabyrinth.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?p=419266]Sign up for theHeroes Mafia Mega at Grey Labyrinth[/url]
John
John
stuck wiht bad english
John
stuck wiht bad english
stuck wiht bad english

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 7:48 am

Post by John »

What can i say to thesp?
well, here, i'll try.
Im not the SK, if one even exits in a game this small.

I also hate Thesp's playstyle of pointing fingers, with no proof of anthing.
since avi will almost undoubtably replaced in my opinion, ill
Unvote, Vote: Thesp
untill he tells us why im an SK, and not just cause a 5 year old said so.
I'm not who you think I am. Unless you guess right. Then you know who I am.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 8:01 am

Post by gorckat »

I just reveiwed Thesp's play in Newb 310 which we were in together and he also played close to the vest in that one. I think it is safe to say his not sharing too much (he does need to throw us a bone) does not mean he is scum.

I'm not clearing him, just pointing out his behavior is consisitent with a previous game I was in.

Avi also had similar problems to this in that same game and turned up pro-town. He was, however, more substantive in some of his posts.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 8:39 am

Post by Raffles »

But giving us no reason is a very anti-town play. Anti-town play would be detrimental to the town at later stage, regardless of the alignment.

Unless he was drunk,
Vote: Thesp
Woof!
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 9:04 am

Post by gorckat »

This was also a large debate (to me, at least) in my only game off site. There was a player that grated my nerves by not sharing his insights. He was the doc, but his style was simply not an open one, not trying to avoid the scum, imho.

I'm not sure if its metagamey since it can make being scum easier, or a personality thing.

In principle, I do agree that suspicions should be laid out for the most part- if a person has a great insight and gets offed, then town isn't helped. But I don't think anyone's mind or style will be changed mid-game in a case where the player has shown this style before.

I'm at least going to give Thesp a fair shake on his thoughts and actually look for what he sees, not just demand it.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 9:44 am

Post by Occult »

I believe he needs to justify his accusations. He can keep them to himself if he wants but he's not going to get any support like that.

And guardian, WTF? Just because he comes in here and says "these people are scum." Doesn't make it true, I find your willingness to follow him annoying. I know you don't have much time left but it most likely won't happen that fast. Also, my unvoting doesn't prevent you from doing so.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 9:52 am

Post by Guardian »

Occult wrote:I believe he needs to justify his accusations. He can keep them to himself if he wants but he's not going to get any support like that.
I disagree, we need to reread and see if any of it makes sense.
Occult wrote:And guardian, WTF? Just because he comes in here and says "these people are scum." Doesn't make it true, I find your willingness to follow him annoying.
I disagreed with half of his points, I am willing to reread and consider, however. Show me where I said that because he said it it makes it true.
Occult wrote:I know you don't have much time left but it most likely won't happen that fast. Also, my unvoting doesn't prevent you from doing so.
Yeah I know, seeing a lynch or at least some more progress would be nice though :). I didn't unvote because I like my vote on Avinyl so long as he is not at lynch -1.
Do not lynch me.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 10:18 am

Post by Occult »

Guardian wrote:I disagree, we need to reread and see if any of it makes sense.
I did and saying john is 100% a SK makes no sense.
Gaurdian wrote: Show me where I said that because he said it it makes it true.
Instead of questioning way he thinks he has this game down, you basicly asked if he could complete this game in 10 days.
Gaurdian wrote:
Yeah I know, seeing a lynch or at least some more progress would be nice though :). I didn't unvote because I like my vote on Avinyl so long as he is not at lynch -1.
This is the only part of your post that makes sense.

Finally, Thesp seems to just be looking for reactions with this post. I doubt he has as much of a grasp on this game as his post said he did.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 11:31 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

Thesp wrote:Guardian is flamingly town, it burns my eyes how obvious his townness exudes from him.
Seems like scum, not because it supports someone I suspect(I don't even suspect guardian that much, just more than anyone else), but primarily since i don't see why you wouldn't give your reasoning. Now to not tell your suspected scum why you suspect them is one thing(obviously you don't want to point out their weaknesses so they can fix them), but if you really think Guardian is so very town, why not tell us why?

If you've just read the topic you should be able to see that several of us are suspicious of his activity. How about filling us in? Don't you want to help him and us by preventing us from lynching someone wrongly?

I think it's a very scummy thing to do, to just casually remark that someone is totally innocent in your mind. It seems like something that would only be done to

1. Throw a little doubt our way. Just enough to make a difference but not be totally obvious

or

2. Try to gain someone else's trust(see directly below VVV)

[From Page 1]
Guardian wrote: Vel is right that my hunch about gorckat is probably off, but one way I try to start out a game is figure out one person I can be pretty sure of trusting - and this game gorckat seems legit.
gorckat wrote: Forgive me for being skeptical, but that sure looks like a good way to "buy" the other person's trust if you aren't on the town's side...although I presume you generally don't run up to 'em and give this reasoning :P
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 12:26 pm

Post by Thesp »

Guardian, some time ago wrote:question on general theory: is it sometimes better to not call out a scum so they won't be more careful, and then to point out fishy things after many slipups, or should I/we point out stuff as soon as we see it?
How prophetic. :cool:
Guardian wrote:I can definitely see how BOTH Peter and Occult would be scum, especially Peter.
If they're both scum, I have serious reservations as to them being scum on the same team - I have them as dissociated in my notes.
John wrote:The thing I'd have to really disagree with is John as not pro-town. Why in hell would he defend me so much if not pro-town?
To gain brownie points. Defending townies isn't a tell as to townieness or scumness, in my experience,
especially
early.
Guardian wrote:Thesp/all: thoughts on Paradoxscum? I could definitely see P&P scumpair, much more obviously than I can see V&V.
I didn't see him as notable. I'll be happy to review.
Guardian wrote:Mustafa has contributed very little to the game, how about him too?
I think you've said it all.
John wrote:I also hate Thesp's playstyle of pointing fingers, with no proof of anthing.
since avi will almost undoubtably replaced in my opinion, ill Unvote, Vote: Thesp untill he tells us why im an SK, and not just cause a 5 year old said so.
I'm intrigued by your decision to vote for me based on a playstyle, while showing no indication of actually
thinking
I'm scum. That's a scum mentality.
Raffles wrote:But giving us no reason is a very anti-town play.
I respectfully disagree with this. Just because it annoys you does not mean it's bad. I think the responsibility is upon you to show:
(1) Since you think that failing to give reasoning is anti-town, please show reasoning that justifies your position that failing to provide reasoning is anti-town; and
(2) Show that scum are more likely to fail to give reasoning. Some of what I've seen shows the
opposite
. (Also, often townies do anti-town things as well, do they not? Showing (1) may be irrelevant, if it is also the case that townies are more likely to do action
X
, even if
X
is unintentionally harmful.)

I don't think you'll be able to. Of course, you're also welcome to work on the gut feeling of the above, but please understand me when I continue to assert you are incorrect.
Occult wrote:I believe he needs to justify his accusations. He can keep them to himself if he wants but he's not going to get any support like that.
Okay. I don't mind this approach in the least, especially since I may or may not be trying to drum up support.
Occult wrote:Instead of questioning way he thinks he has this game down, you basicly asked if he could complete this game in 10 days.
We can do this if we have a vig and we turbo-vote.
Paradoxombie wrote:Seems like scum, not because it supports someone I suspect(I don't even suspect guardian that much, just more than anyone else), but primarily since i don't see why you wouldn't give your reasoning.
That's fine with me, maybe even optimal.
Paradoxombie wrote:If you've just read the topic you should be able to see that several of us are suspicious of his activity. How about filling us in? Don't you want to help him and us by preventing us from lynching someone wrongly?
Oh, I missed the votecount where Guardian was at lynch -1. I will double check for that.
Paradoxombie wrote:I think it's a very scummy thing to do, to just casually remark that someone is totally innocent in your mind. It seems like something that would only be done to

1. Throw a little doubt our way. Just enough to make a difference but not be totally obvious

or

How would (1) obtain? Also, does it look like I've gained anyone's trust? I'm uncertain that my technique is conducive to trust-forming.

Also, I <3 Occult. I'm beginning to think we should lynch Peter Venkman before him.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 5:31 pm

Post by Guardian »

Thesp wrote:
Guardian, some time ago wrote:question on general theory: is it sometimes better to not call out a scum so they won't be more careful, and then to point out fishy things after many slipups, or should I/we point out stuff as soon as we see it?
How prophetic. :cool:
Haha. I guess a lot of people differ on this.
Thesp wrote:
Guardian wrote:I can definitely see how BOTH Peter and Occult would be scum, especially Peter.
If they're both scum, I have serious reservations as to them being scum on the same team - I have them as dissociated in my notes.
I reread and see no such disassociation, maybe I'll rereread?
Thesp wrote:
GUARDIAN, NOT JOHN as Thesp wrote... wrote:The thing I'd have to really disagree with is John as not pro-town. Why in hell would he defend me so much if not pro-town?
To gain brownie points. Defending townies isn't a tell as to townieness or scumness, in my experience,
especially
early.
Yeah but there may not be an SK, and an easy way to find out if this is plausible is to wait a night and see if there are more than one kills. Interesting that you Freudian slipped John's name into the quote.
Thesp wrote:
Guardian wrote:Thesp/all: thoughts on Paradoxscum? I could definitely see P&P scumpair, much more obviously than I can see V&V.
I didn't see him as notable. I'll be happy to review.
Cool. I see a few things, in his and Ichigo's posts.
Thesp wrote:
Guardian wrote:Mustafa has contributed very little to the game, how about him too?
I think you've said it all.
Yeah? And actively lurking seems scummy, no?
Thesp wrote:
John wrote:I also hate Thesp's playstyle of pointing fingers, with no proof of anthing.
since avi will almost undoubtably replaced in my opinion, ill Unvote, Vote: Thesp untill he tells us why im an SK, and not just cause a 5 year old said so.
I'm intrigued by your decision to vote for me based on a playstyle, while showing no indication of actually
thinking
I'm scum. That's a scum mentality.
John has been doing this a bit, but it seems to me that this may be a fallacy of John and not a fallacy of Johnscum. That's kinda WIFOM though... Again I think waiting a night makes more sense if you are convinced he is an SK, more likely based on numbers and setup is that he is scum.
Thesp wrote:
Raffles wrote:But giving us no reason is a very anti-town play.
I respectfully disagree with this. Just because it annoys you does not mean it's bad. I think the responsibility is upon you to show:
(1) Since you think that failing to give reasoning is anti-town, please show reasoning that justifies your position that failing to provide reasoning is anti-town; and
(2) Show that scum are more likely to fail to give reasoning. Some of what I've seen shows the
opposite
. (Also, often townies do anti-town things as well, do they not? Showing (1) may be irrelevant, if it is also the case that townies are more likely to do action
X
, even if
X
is unintentionally harmful.)

I don't think you'll be able to. Of course, you're also welcome to work on the gut feeling of the above, but please understand me when I continue to assert you are incorrect.
Yeah I feel this is a playstyle difference.
Thesp wrote:
Okay. I don't mind this approach in the least, especially since I may or may not be trying to drum up support.
If you are town, don't you want town to lynch people you are sure are scum?
Thesp wrote:
Occult wrote:Instead of questioning way he thinks he has this game down, you basicly asked if he could complete this game in 10 days.
We can do this if we have a vig and we turbo-vote.
Horray, Beer! I mean, Horray winning before my vacation! :roll:
Thesp wrote:
Paradoxombie wrote:Seems like scum, not because it supports someone I suspect(I don't even suspect guardian that much, just more than anyone else), but primarily since i don't see why you wouldn't give your reasoning.
That's fine with me, maybe even optimal.
Interesting bit there, it's fine with you that he doesn't understand why you wouldn't give reasoning. This means you're fine with his suspicion of you. This leads to various interesting conclusions.
Thesp wrote:
Paradoxombie wrote:If you've just read the topic you should be able to see that several of us are suspicious of his activity. How about filling us in? Don't you want to help him and us by preventing us from lynching someone wrongly?
Oh, I missed the votecount where Guardian was at lynch -1. I will double check for that.
To be fair, a few people were suspicious of me, I got to lynch -3 at worst I think, maybe -2. I think their reasons for being suspicious were ill founded though :).
Thesp wrote:
Paradoxombie wrote:I think it's a very scummy thing to do, to just casually remark that someone is totally innocent in your mind. It seems like something that would only be done to

or

How would (1) obtain? Also, does it look like I've gained anyone's trust? I'm uncertain that my technique is conducive to trust-forming.

Also, I <3 Occult. I'm beginning to think we should lynch Peter Venkman before him.
1) Yeah I don't understand.
2) I trust you implicitly. NOT. :D. I like your style, and discussion, though.
Why <3 Occult? Subtle ploy to cause it to make sense for you to agree with me about Peter?

I reread and can see where you may be getting a V&V connection,
maybe, maybe
it is real. VRK seemed town to me, but on the reread I have doubt.

I see no Occult/Peter disassociation, but I am fine with that. Even though I have doubts about other players, Peter is still my most likely scum, we can worry about if Occult could also be scum if Peter in fact shows up as scum. Yeah, wait, why am I voting on a lurker who will give no info whichever team he shows up as, and will likely be replaced, instead of my scum choice?
unvote vote: Peter Venkman
. I could definitely be wrong about this, but if my average feeling for a player on 1-100 where 0 is not scum, 50 is maybe scum maybe not, and 100 is definitely scum I am about 75 with Peter.

Avinyl... meh I see him as scummy but there is so little to go on.

John, maybe scum maybe not, imo not.
Do not lynch me.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 8:16 pm

Post by Raffles »

Thesp wrote:(1) Since you think that failing to give reasoning is anti-town, please show reasoning that justifies your position that failing to provide reasoning is anti-town; and
(2) Show that scum are more likely to fail to give reasoning. Some of what I've seen shows the opposite. (Also, often townies do anti-town things as well, do they not? Showing (1) may be irrelevant, if it is also the case that townies are more likely to do action X, even if X is unintentionally harmful.)
Eaaasy.

1) You came up with quite a lot of bold statement. Basically you walked in, started pointing fingers to assign antagonist roles. When questioned for reason, you flat out refused to give any. This confuses your bog-standard town. What is he doing? Does he actually have a read on anyone? Or is he a scum who just used a blatant WIFOM on us? During the night, cop investigations are used on you, when they could be better used for targets like lurkers, who are really hard to tell their alignment. And if you are town, this is a waste of investigation that could be prevented by showing a less anti-town play. During the day, we are going to take whatever you say with a pinch of salt. What if you actually had a good investigation? The previous anti-town play would backfire on you on your credibility.

2)I repeat this many times... you are getting the whole concept wrong.

Scum => anti-town ("=>" means implies)

Anti-town =/= scum

Anti-town = Good lynch

The last statement is true because at later stage of the game, it is detrimental to have an anti-town townie. If it is to get to lylo situation, a anti-town townie could throw a town side completely off. The bottom line is this. Lynching anti-towns should be up there with lynching all liars.

By the way, do you realize that question 2) you've thrown at me is an utter thick concoction of WIFOM?

And the above argument is just presuming if you are town. If we presume you are scum then we got even better reasons to lynch.
Woof!
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2007 1:06 am

Post by Occult »

Guardian wrote:Why <3 Occult?
Why not?

Also guardian your last post proves it, even though you disagree on minor points you completly assume that thesp is town.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2007 3:59 am

Post by gorckat »

Did the scum get a chance to talk pre-game?
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2007 4:51 am

Post by Raffles »

Mod
[b/]
gorckat wrote:Did the scum get a chance to talk pre-game?
Although they normally do in most games. I can't imagine how this one would be any different.
Woof!
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2007 4:52 am

Post by Raffles »

Argh
Mod
, see the post above.