DYH
DYH
Goon
DYH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 2:04 am

Post by DYH »

Yeah, since our doc got himself modkilled, the pace of the game has slowed rather dramatically. Of course, the fact every other post was his might have something to do with that.

I'm in agreement with HautBoy, and as I originally stated, the manner in which you went about your claim is rather suspect. I'll go back and re-read Occult today, I know I was worried about him earlier for the paranoid comment, but I don't recall him "drumming up wagons".
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 3:38 am

Post by WhoMe? »

just reread myself, just the van damien wagon, so the plural is mistaken
Haut Boy
Haut Boy
Goon
Haut Boy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 6:59 am

Post by Haut Boy »

WhoMe? wrote:just reread myself, just the van damien wagon, so the plural is mistaken
Even with that grammatical mistake, I still see no evidence of an actual VanDamien wagon; all Occult did was vote him in hopes of generating discussion. Just because he hasn't unvoted does not necessarily mean he is pushing for a bandwagon.
I'm less likely to check MS on weekends than on weekdays. If I've disappeared on a weekend, it's normal.

Limited access for a week or so. I can read and post, but don't expect a lot.
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 8:54 am

Post by WhoMe? »

does 3rd vote on same player on page 1 not count as a wagon nowadays?
Show
As Town: 3/8
As Scum: 3/4

Survived/Lynched/Nked/Other:

3/7/2/0
pancakemix
pancakemix
Townie
pancakemix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 9:02 am

Post by pancakemix »

That is a wagon. But he was also trying to get something controversial going. I guess it worked. Hmm...

Unvote FOS Occult and Whome?
You might be trying to throw me off.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 9:09 am

Post by Nocmen »

When the game is just starting, sometimes you want to just put pressure out there with no real motif. You can learn alot from the way people respond to threats with no basis behind them. If somehow they get lynched, one can usually deduce who is scum based on who would be crazy enough to lynch someone very early in the game.
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 9:14 am

Post by VanDamien »

And now after two days, after airing my suspicions that Nocmen and Albert may have been cross voting scum, Albert hasn't posted here while he has been on the site. Caught red handed?

Vote: Albert B. Rampage
Fnord is the whole donut.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 9:49 am

Post by Occult »

VanDamien wrote:And now after two days, after airing my suspicions that Nocmen and Albert may have been cross voting scum, Albert hasn't posted here while he has been on the site. Caught red handed?

That may be pushing it. Remember, lurking does not equal Scum. It may, but the fact that he hasn't posted in a few days isn't very strong evidence. IMO you need at least 4 or 5 days before you start talking about a lurker. This game just slowed up. I will re-read Rampage and Nocmen though.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 9:55 am

Post by Occult »

After a re-read it seems to be a stretch to say that they are attempting to distance from each other. They do vote for each other but that dosen't show much so far.
Haut Boy
Haut Boy
Goon
Haut Boy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 9:57 am

Post by Haut Boy »

WhoMe? wrote:does 3rd vote on same player on page 1 not count as a wagon nowadays?
The first two votes were random votes. Net's modkill removed his vote (which I think was moved off of VD anyway), and Nocmen has since moved his vote. Occult, though, has not pushed for VD to be lynched. I still fail to see how this constitutes drumming up a bandwagon.
I'm less likely to check MS on weekends than on weekdays. If I've disappeared on a weekend, it's normal.

Limited access for a week or so. I can read and post, but don't expect a lot.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 10:55 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

VanDamien wrote:And now after two days, after airing my suspicions that Nocmen and Albert may have been cross voting scum, Albert hasn't posted here while he has been on the site. Caught red handed?

That's madness, I have 5 games going on. Nocmen must be my primary suspect at this point, with VanDamien obviously being his scum mate. There is maybe a third one out there, or a SK. Maybe the one who hasn't posted, darhken.

Maybe the mafia has a handicap too, if darhken is one of the mafia; in that case the doctor's death didn't put us at
complete
disadvantage.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 10:58 am

I have a question for VanDamien, that would perhaps alleviate my suspicions:

If I were to be lynched or nightkilled, would you push for a Nocmen vote or would you drop your case completely ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 10:59 am

Regarding the question above, I meant if I was killed and proved innocent, that is :)
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 2:35 pm

Post by VanDamien »

I would drop these suspicions if you were proved innocent, although I would continue to be ever-vigilant. That is, the one's based on the cross voting.

However, perhaps it's a bit wearly to call on lurking, but it sure seems like active lurking, having posted a mere hour and a half after being called on it.

I decided this morning that if neither of you had posted when I returned home from work, I'd switch that FoS to a vote. Nocmen posted something, not really sure wha to think of it yet, just before, so it fell to you by default.

OTOH, if either of you were to be killed at this point and turn up scum, without developments, I'd push for the other's death - hard.
Fnord is the whole donut.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 3:04 pm

Let me repeat the question. If I were to be innocent, would you drop the case on Nocmen ?
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 4:03 pm

Post by Occult »

I haven't really liked VD's arguments up to this point.

IGMEO Van
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 8:46 pm

Post by WhoMe? »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Let me repeat the question. If I were to be innocent, would you drop the case on Nocmen ?
as I read it he has answered this question. he said he would drop his suspicions if you turned up innocent.
DYH
DYH
Goon
DYH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2007 2:21 am

Post by DYH »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:That's madness, I have 5 games going on. Nocmen must be my primary suspect at this point, with VanDamien obviously being his scum mate. There is maybe a third one out there, or a SK. Maybe the one who hasn't posted, darhken.

Maybe the mafia has a handicap too, if darhken is one of the mafia; in that case the doctor's death didn't put us at
complete
disadvantage.
This entire post gives me bad vibes: the sudden reappearance after being called out for lurking, linking two targets as scummates together this early in the game, speculation on a Serial Killer and going on to suggest that the guy who hasn't appeared yet is mafia with a handicap. The manner in which he phrased his reminder we've lost our doc rubbed me the wrong way, too.

FoS: Albert

Whome? wrote:just reread myself, just the van damien wagon, so the plural is mistaken
But this one is still scummier, IMO. The attack on Occult seems contrived.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2007 3:08 am

WhoMe? wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Let me repeat the question. If I were to be innocent, would you drop the case on Nocmen ?
as I read it he has answered this question. he said he would drop his suspicions if you turned up innocent.
Then am I the only one to see the subtlety of this maneuver ?

He blames both Nocmen and me on being cross-voting mafia, then pushes for me with whatever excuse, and then when and if I turn up dead, Nocmen is completely free of suspicion. He saves his scum mate with no casualties, and they are free to continue their "rampage" 8)

Is that link possible or am I thinking too hard ??
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2007 3:18 am

Post by WhoMe? »

it's a bit WIFOM, but that's the nature of the game. I personally think it's hard to get too much information during the course of day one. Day 1 can be mined for information on subsequent days, but there's just no way to be sure about anything at the moment
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2007 3:24 am

How is that WIFOM ?

The two possibilities if I'm right are that:

1. What I explained earlier

2. Nobody takes him seriously, and nobody votes for me or his scum mate

Remember that he's coming from a safe position, with every excuse to be able to play the misguided townie in future turns.
DYH
DYH
Goon
DYH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2007 3:26 am

Post by DYH »

Here's the real question, though: What would you have said if he wasn't going to drop the case on Nocmen if you come up innocent?

The subtlety of the maneuver may have been in the lose-lose question you presented to him. Of course, it all began with a pretty baseless paranoid theory about you and Nocment being cross-voting mafiates.

I'm not sure why people are so anxious to jump over possible 'connections' at this stage of the game. It's much easier, and far more reliable, to catch these sort of things once we have a dead scum. Doing so pre-emptively leads people to conclusions that may not be true when someone turns up town (in this case, VD stating he'd drop suspicion of Nocmen if Albert turns up innocent).
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2007 4:04 am

Post by WhoMe? »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:How is that WIFOM ?

The two possibilities if I'm right are that:

1. What I explained earlier

2. Nobody takes him seriously, and nobody votes for me or his scum mate

Remember that he's coming from a safe position, with every excuse to be able to play the misguided townie in future turns.
Have i used the wrong acronym? What I mean is, given the situation it could be spun as you and nocmen being scum buddies, or the other guy trying to make his scum buddy nocmen look town by tying him to you when he know you are innocent.
blahgo
blahgo
Goon
blahgo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2007 7:36 am

Post by blahgo »

Since darkhen isn't posting I will. He's innocent and I'm innocent. We are masons.
DJDonegal1986 (8:16:20 PM): though I AM a little furry...
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2007 8:48 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Oh bloody hell...
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia