S and Em
S and Em
Townie
S and Em
Townie
Townie

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 12:39 am

Post by S and Em »

In post 421, TierShift wrote:Gm why is justin town?
If I assume you're asking this to my head of this hydra, it's because the places where his reads come from make sense, the questions he's asked are decent, and I'm apparently reading different things from his posts than you are.
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 3:33 am

Post by Justin Playfair »

In post 420, TierShift wrote:
In post 419, Justin Playfair wrote:
In post 228, TierShift wrote:
In post 227, Majiffy wrote:I have NotMafia, Jon and Kat as lean-town from their interactions with the Finglove wagon.
Are you sure you don't just mean 'not same team scum'?
Majiffy expressed the opinion that the nature of their votes leads him to believe they are town. You counter by saying that it could mean they are on the other scum team. So, we've taken care of that point.
Yeah, because I didn't see Not_maf as town from his voting pattern. That's why I asked. Perhaps jif and I don't have the same definition of natural voting.
All right, this time one at a time and put as simply as I can.

If the above it true then...

Why didn't you mention Not_Mafia at the time?

Why, if it was Not_Mafia's vote you were suspicious of in the voting thread did you open your day two activities with this post...
In post 209, TierShift wrote:VOTE: jon
I think I wanted that dead too yesterday.

V/LA till next sunday

On a holiday, definitely time to play but not sure if I'll have internet access.
where you definitively vote someone who apparently you just had a good read on, regarding their vote on Finglove?
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 3:58 am

In post 420, TierShift wrote:
Ummm...my name's Tiershift and I'm voting for Ninja but I'd be happy to vote for Justin or S and Em and I had a bad read on Not_Mafia's vote and so I voted for Jon and I want Katarina and Jon outside my townblock and I really wanted It (jon) dead yesterday or maybe he's solid town. I mean I did a 30 minute reread and changed all my reads but I never gave reasons for what I found that made me do it.
Yeah, because that's what scum do, right? If you want me to respond to this, you might want to stop the passive aggressiveness.
Let's see, my name's Justin and from reading the thread I found Tiershift the most likely scum and I made a case against him and I'm prosecuting it. Damn, I'm all over the place.

Really, Tiershift, if you were going to launch an OMGUS attack on me it probably would have been better to try to accuse me of tunneling. Because pretty much everything you've said about me...well, you're doing it.
Is this your defense? The fact that you haven't attacked more than one person and that my attack is OMGUS? Bravo.

First? I don't think you know what the word passive means.

Second, you can't even quote honestly from a post directly above your own. Let's put this in context:
In post 415, TierShift wrote: I get the feeling he's not really looking for scum but just setting up a position from which he can go in whatever direction he pleases.
Hmmm...maybe I do want the D. Majiffy's avatar is certainly appealing. But I'm not the player who reread the thread in a half hour and swallowed every last one of Majiffy's reads. That would be you. Don't worry. You get the first dance.

Now as for this setting up a position from which he can go in whatever direction he pleases?

Ummm...my name's Tiershift and I'm voting for Ninja but I'd be happy to vote for Justin or S and Em and I had a bad read on Not_Mafia's vote and so I voted for Jon and I want Katarina and Jon outside my townblock and I really wanted It (jon) dead yesterday or maybe he's solid town. I mean I did a 30 minute reread and changed all my reads but I never gave reasons for what I found that made me do it.

Let's see, my name's Justin and from reading the thread I found Tiershift the most likely scum and I made a case against him and I'm prosecuting it. Damn, I'm all over the place.

Really, Tiershift, if you were going to launch an OMGUS attack on me it probably would have been better to try to accuse me of tunneling. Because pretty much everything you've said about me...well, you're doing it.
I don't know that it deserves a bravo but yes, going in a specific direction is a good defense against being accused of setting yourself up to go in any direction.

Speaking is a good defense of an accusation of being mute. Running is a good defense against an accusation of being legless.

You, on the other hand, have throughout the game set yourself up so that you could go in just about any direction you pleased. As illustrated by my in no way passive list above.

So let's keep score here. You accused me of setting myself up to go in any direction I wanted. You then say that your setting yourself up to go in any direction you wanted is not a scum tell. And you say that my committing myself to a course of action is no defense against your accusation of setting myself up to do in any direction I wanted.

Please. Continue.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 4:24 am

Post by TierShift »

No. I'm not setting myself up to go in any direction, sorry.

I asked you for a readslist with all the players neatly categorized, why are you unable to provide this?
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 4:27 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 376, Ninja Trigger wrote:Honestly the game was just moving slow so I jumped on the larger wagon for fingelove, as far for having a read on fingelove the dog really did eat it, in other words I never had one.
Lets keep an eye on the prize here, NT has openly admitted to lying about the finglove jump. This is a scumclaim.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 5:10 am

In post 428, TierShift wrote:No. I'm not setting myself up to go in any direction, sorry.

I asked you for a readslist with all the players neatly categorized, why are you unable to provide this?

Ahhh...so you've reached this stage. Let's see. Yes, you are setting yourself up to go in any direction. You have been since the start of day one. Your actions indicate this behavior. You suggested that this is what I was doing. My actions do not indicate this behavior. This has been illustrated with examples. Sorry?

And really why should anyone provide you with what you ask for when you haven't provided anyone with anything you've been asked for since the beginning of the game? You can't even provide what changed your mind about Katarina and Jon during your thirty minute conversion. You haven't even answered why, if it was your read on Not_Mafia's vote on Finglove that indicated dirt, as you now claim, that at the time you jumped so hard in voting on Jon, whose voting activity regarding Finglove you thought was just fine.

You answer literally nothing that is asked of you. Ever.

Then again, I am not you. So I'll do even more than you asked. I will list everyone in town in order from worst to first. This is my current read:

TierShift
MnemonicDevice
Katarina
Ninja_Trigger
Wolfy
S and Em
Not_Mafia
Majiffy
Jon/Lia

And I'll give you extra. Here was the order when I first entered the game, before the interactions that have taken place since:

Tiershift
MnemonicDevice
Ninja_Trigger
Wolfy
Katarina
Not_Mafia
Majiffy
Jon/Lia
S and Em

I think it goes without saying that I will not be answering anymore of your questions until you give real answers to those above. Anyone else who would like to ask me questions about the changes on the list...or anything really, are certainly welcome to.
S and Em
S and Em
Townie
S and Em
Townie
Townie

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 11:50 am

Post by S and Em »

In post 429, Majiffy wrote:
In post 376, Ninja Trigger wrote:Honestly the game was just moving slow so I jumped on the larger wagon for fingelove, as far for having a read on fingelove the dog really did eat it, in other words I never had one.
Lets keep an eye on the prize here, NT has openly admitted to lying about the finglove jump. This is a scumclaim.
Fine. I'll hammer him after Tier decides that explaining himself would be a good idea.
Lia
Lia
Goon
Lia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 4:57 pm

Post by Lia »

In post 417, S and Em wrote:I can sort of understand all your reads except the Justin one. Explain that one first please.
That was a gut read and was easily the weakest of my scumreads. I was uneasy with the way he was trying to distance himself from a NT lynch, saying it wouldn't give us much information. There is one other thing but I'm going to keep that under my hat for now.

In post 424, Wolfy wrote:You can't see any reason not to lynch NT yet you vote me... so you clearly do have a reason not to vote NT.
I'm looking forward to the detailed explanation on why you want NT lynched but you're voting me.
The reason I chose to vote you rather than NT was in my post. In fact you went on to quote part of it.
In post 424, Wolfy wrote:Are you thinking Tier and Justin are on different scum teams given the current conflict between them and Justin's vote on Tier?
Where does S&M fit in - is he aligned with Tier or Justin?
I haven't had time to get my head round the recent exchanges yet, or to guess at which teams my scumreads are on.

In post 431, S and Em wrote:Fine. I'll hammer him after Tier decides that explaining himself would be a good idea.
I'd rather you waited till we've heard from mnemonic, and I've got the rest of my thoughts out. I didn't get the time to do it today.
S and Em
S and Em
Townie
S and Em
Townie
Townie

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 12:32 am

Post by S and Em »

If I thought mnemonic was actually going to contribute then I'd have included him. I'm happy to wait til you feel you're done though.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 4:50 am

Post by Marquis »

insert physics problem here. oops accidental edit out

votecount 2.9!!

Ninja Trigger (5) ::
TierShift, Majiffy, Katarina LeBlanc, Not_Mafia, Wolfy (L-1)
Wolfy (2) ::
Ninja Trigger, S and Em, Lia (L-3)
TierShift (1) ::
Justin Playfair (L-5)

not voting (1) ::
mnemonicdevice

deadline (4 days from post) ::
(expired on 2014-05-11 19:30:00)

with 10 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch!!

replacing mnemonicdevice and Ninja Trigger
Last edited by Marquis on Fri May 09, 2014 2:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
link in bio
S and Em
S and Em
Townie
S and Em
Townie
Townie

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 12:25 am

Post by S and Em »

wow this is some piss-poor activity

if lia and tier don't get their shit together soon i'm hammering; this stalling isn't helping the game at all.
Katarina LeBlanc
Katarina LeBlanc
Mafia Scum
Katarina LeBlanc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 12:40 am

Post by Katarina LeBlanc »

[Stalling intensifies]
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 1:04 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Why are there no painkillers in the jungle?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Wolfy
Wolfy
Goon
Wolfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 2:37 am

Post by Wolfy »

In post 437, Not_Mafia wrote:Why are there no painkillers in the jungle?
because the parrots ate 'em all
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 3:17 am

Post by TierShift »

Swiftly dodging

Hangover is killing me and I'm not really capable of doing this atm
You can hammer and I'll defo explain tomorrow, not gonna be much more than 'did a reread and shit changed' but I think I can elaborate slightly
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 6:47 am

Hi Lia. I am distancing myself from this lynch. I'm uncomfortable with it, and I've just grown more uncomfortable with it since Ninja's graceless admission that he was lying. I don't imagine we'll see Ninja again before he's swinging from the end of a rope. The more I think about it and the more I've seen the more Ninja seems to me like just really bad, discombobulated town. I think we're making a bad lynch here. Hope I'm wrong, but I've made my best case for more certain scum and I don't see any votes moving.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 11:51 am

Post by Marquis »

replacing mnemonicdevice and Ninja Trigger

prodding Majiffy

if i do not find replacements within 24 hours or if they do not come back deadline will be frozen at 2 days from final replacement
link in bio
Lia
Lia
Goon
Lia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 3:53 pm

Post by Lia »

In post 432, Lia wrote:
In post 424, Wolfy wrote:Are you thinking Tier and Justin are on different scum teams given the current conflict between them and Justin's vote on Tier?
Where does S&M fit in - is he aligned with Tier or Justin?
I haven't had time to get my head round the recent exchanges yet, or to guess at which teams my scumreads are on.
I've read through the Tier and Justin thing now and I don't think either of them have a strong case there. It could be a town/town arguement but I'm inclined to think at least one, most probably Tier, is scum, if not both. There's even a possibility that they're scum partners doing a bit of distancing but I think that's less likely. Justin does have a point about Tier's reads but I'll wait until Tier gives the explanation promised in to see if it's worth following up. As for S & M I'm not ruling them out being on either team yet.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 9:21 am

Post by Majiffy »

Sigh. Prodded because this day should have ended some 5 RL days ago.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 12:48 pm

Post by Marquis »

deadline frozen, still searching for replacements
link in bio
S and Em
S and Em
Townie
S and Em
Townie
Townie

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 1:42 pm

Post by S and Em »

ewwwwww fuck that and fuck tier too for being a giant asshole

Vote: NT
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 2:04 pm

Post by Marquis »

votecount 2.10 [final]!!

Ninja Trigger (6) ::
TierShift, Majiffy, Katarina LeBlanc, Not_Mafia, Wolfy, S and Em (L-0)
Wolfy (2) ::
Ninja Trigger, Lia (L-4)
TierShift (1) ::
Justin Playfair (L-5)

not voting (1) ::
mnemonicdevice

deadline (2 days from post) ::
(expired on 2014-05-11 19:30:00)

with 10 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch!!

replacing mnemonicdevice unless he PMs me at night
link in bio
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 2:13 pm

Post by Marquis »

"mr. marquis, come over here!"

"what's going on??"

"hurry!!!!!!!!!"

"h-help........."

"he's bleeding, omg, like, sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much blood!! mr. marquis, ya gotta
do
somethin'!!!!!"

"ya................ i do, don't i?.."

"w-wat r u doing!!!!?!???!?????????????@!!!!?"

"noooooooooooooooo.............................dont"

"we've got no time for stragglers. i have a research paper to write. if u can't keep up, well...... i guess i gotta pull the
trigger

"wh-"

BANG

BANG BANG BANG

BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG CLICK CLI-

Spoiler: omg, like, dead person!!

"y'all keep up with the group. or we kill u"

ninja trigger was a
werewolf
!! rip him

night 2 begins now and ends --

if mnemonicdevice is replaced /comes back ::
48-72 hours after that
if not, 72 hours from now ::
(expired on 2014-05-12 21:00:00)
link in bio
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 3:30 pm

Post by Marquis »

mnemonicdevice has returned. deadline is above
link in bio
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 4:08 pm

Post by Marquis »

reminder that deadline is in less than 24 hours. also not sure if i'll be on exactly at deadline but doesn't matter so eh
link in bio

Return to “Completed Open Games”