Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 10:12 am

Post by Ectomancer »

IH wrote:That's the point. There was nothing behind it, so you are essentially hopping onto a random person because you haven't gotten a read on them.

if you were going to do that to anyone, I'd say do it to DoS.
Werd.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 10:39 am

Post by Glork »

Day Three: The Fifth Vote Count:

Kison 5 (IH, Jalyn, DragonsofSummer, Fritzler, Thok)
Sefer 2 (Twito, Zindaras)
HackerHuck 1 (Sefer)

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 10:45 am

Post by DragonsofSummer »

IH wrote:That's the point. There was nothing behind it, so you are essentially hopping onto a random person because you haven't gotten a read on them.

if you were going to do that to anyone, I'd say do it to DoS.
Why?
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 11:47 am

Post by IH »

Because of posts like that. When Hackerhuck checks in, he at least gives some content.

You on the other hand, rarely do. You're clearly watching the thread, but are abstaining from saying anything.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 11:48 am

Post by IH »

Also, don't make either one of these posts, as I will not accept them.

"I only comment when there's something to comment on"

"But I have been contributing, just go look!"
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 11:51 am

Post by Thesp »

IH wrote:Also, don't make either one of these posts, as I will not accept them.

QFT. I will stab anyone who makes these posts in any game, especially the first quote.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 12:53 pm

IH wrote:Because of posts like that. When Hackerhuck checks in, he at least gives some content.

You on the other hand, rarely do. You're clearly watching the thread, but are abstaining from saying anything.
IH wrote:Also, don't make either one of these posts, as I will not accept them.

I feel that I have made my opinions clear in this game, and not a lot has happened to change them. I still feel Kison is the most scummy player. I would like to add that after two days of Ectomancer jumping off of the Kison wagon as it got large is highly suspicious to me, and I think we should take a close look at him tomorrow.

Now you do not feel I have been contributing very often, but I feel that you are only using the last few pages as evidence. If you look at my posts in isolation you can find many that respond to other peoples thoughts with my own (in isolation posts: 13, 19, 27, 28, 30, 38 explains the way I play mafia and it is consistent in all of my games, 39, 45, 48 ). I feel that just because I never make gigantic posts you are saying I don't contribute when I chime in and don't feel thats fair at all.

Yes I will admit that I actively lurk, but as I've said before it is consistent across all games I play. Its not even trying to go unnoticed I just only post occasionally.

Also as I've said before if you have anything specific you want me to comment on please just ask.
-Tyler Durden
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 1:42 pm

Post by IH »

No, I am not saying that. I am saying, for the game to be the length it is, you have not contributed like the rest of us have, and moreso less than the rest of them. Your posts are few and far in between, and when you do post, it is a one line post. Half of them are just you coming in and saying "Nothing's changed for me" or "X is still scummiest, because of what I've already said"

You've had 55 posts.

You posted decently until your 17th post 17-19 were fairly useless and had around a week and a half in between them. Then you started back right at post 20-32

33-35 were fairly useless.

"Yeah you were right"
"Thanks for clarifying"
"He makes some good points"

36 is a passing comment that doesn't exactly add much.

37 and 38 are about you lurking, with 36 being on Feb 28th, 37 on March
15th
and 38 on the 18th. Mmk?

39 is content

Post 40 (on the 19th) was like a two to three line answer to two different things. 41 was one question (on the 20th), and 42 (on the 22nd) is wanting someone else to explain their suspicions.

Then, 5 days later, you post post 43 (27th) with a comment. Post 44 (29th) was also a one line comment.

It seemed that was a big posting day for you, because you posted 3 times on that day.

I will give you the time between post 46 and 47 as night, because your next post was on the fourth, without anyother comment, other than you were voting kison for the same reasons as yesterday that you gave... but these were all the reasons you gave.
DoS wrote:Vote:Kison

Ectomancer makes some very good points.
Post 48 (10th) is a minor point about us discussing scum groups, and you agreeing with me.

Your next post was the 23rd, yet even with Crash time, that seems long for the crash, does anybody have dates for that and what we lost? Anyway, all you added was that you think Kison was still the play.

Post 50 (25th) asked why Hackerhuck thought you were scum.

51 was a minor point about ecto. 52(27th) was a comment about "Same song second verse"

53 (30th) was a comment about something you found scummy, but you'd rather have a kison lynch.

Then there were your two posts today.

So, while you mull over that, here is another fun fact. Day one had 34 posts from Jan 25th to Feb 21st

Day two had 11 posts from Feb 27th to March 29th

So far he's made 8 more posts from the 4th to the 1st.

Each of those has around 25 days in between, but they've been getting less and less. Not only that, if you'll notice in the filter, that all of his later posts have the same sound. They say a little bit of something, have an FoS, but Kison is still a better lynch. The only time he's moved his vote is onto BM, though I'm not sure how far along.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 1:47 pm

I did give specific reasons for a Kison lynch: They were in post 45.
-Tyler Durden
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 2:00 pm

Post by IH »

post 45 or your 45th post?
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 2:03 pm

Post by IH »

Oh, sorry. You gave your reasons ten posts after your vote. Mmkay.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 2:39 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

How do you use this filter? I dont see anything that lets me sort this topic on only one person's post.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 2:41 pm

Post by Kison »

The bottom of the thread, right under the "submit" button.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 2:46 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

DOS, what exactly are you trying for here? Are you honestly chasing me with an FOS over this Kison vote? Guess what, I have a right as town to not be sure. How about you?
You have this drive to lynch Kison that I find only adds to your scummy aura. You are definitely on my list of possible scum and IH's points are dead on.
This has a semi-OMGUS, except for the fact that I already had you on my possible scum list, which just went from possible to probable.

Vote: DOS
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 3:00 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Kison wrote:The bottom of the thread, right under the "submit" button.
That's beautiful.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 6:53 pm

I'm just saying that the fact that you have waited to do it until the wagon picked up two days in a row is scummy not that you are unsure. But answer me this if you were still unsure of Kison why did you vote him again in the first place?
-Tyler Durden
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 7:45 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Now that IH has put himself out on a limb for me, I guess I really do need to contribute now. I had been lurking a bit, mainly because I didn't (and still don't) like the distraction of discussing role names at this point in the game.

I'm up for either Kison or DoS right now, but I do like Kison a little better now. I never liked the fact that he pressured Raging Rabbit into lynching Livingod. His reasons on Twito are borderline non-existent and he hung onto that case like it was a slam dunk. I think what's pushed him back into my number one spot is his general lack of recognition toward Ectomancer's game theory. I understand that he's in the hot seat from it, but his conversation has steered more toward his two suspects in Twito and IH. I'm also bothered by his lack of the promised PBP (he's at lynch-2 IIRC) or at the very least, his analysis of IH or DoS whom he was looking into. I think I understand what Thesp is getting at with the BM interaction, but that's just the icing on the cake.
Vote: Kison

DoS has triggered my buttons based on some of the more recent comments, but it was a repetition of his day one behaviour that also got my attention. As Twito called it, he was jumping on a hot bandwagon without comment. I thought Twito was reaching at the time, but a similar thing happened day two -
In post 794, DragonsofSummer wrote:
Vote:Kison

Ectomancer makes some very good points.
That was his only explanation of his vote, even in the later posts. Oddly enough, he says this later on but I couldn't find anything in between...
DragonsofSummer in Post 1010 wrote:I have never danced around it I clearly stated why I voted for you when I put my vote on you. I felt that ectomancer laid out a very good case.

But unlike him I did not like your claim, and as such am still voting for you. Also I do not feel that anyone else is a better lynch target right now.
I'll give him credit for finally explaining himself without using "yeah, what he said" in post #1112 He then jumps on the BM wagon a couple of hours later. Given the speed of the BM wagon (and the fact that it's BM), it's a little hard to draw any conclusions (+/-) from those last few votes.

FOS
DragonsofSummer
I won't say that these two can't be scum together, but I think there's a very good chance that at least one of them is.

BTW - when did Glork get a sex change?
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 4:11 am

Post by Ectomancer »

DragonsofSummer wrote:I'm just saying that the fact that you have waited to do it until the wagon picked up two days in a row is scummy not that you are unsure. But answer me this if you were still unsure of Kison why did you vote him again in the first place?
Not every vote is intended to result in a lynch. I like to know who is going to jump on a wagon and why, especially when those people have a history of jumping on the hot wagon.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 7:00 am

Post by Zindaras »

Rereading.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 8:07 am

Ectomancer wrote:
DragonsofSummer wrote:I'm just saying that the fact that you have waited to do it until the wagon picked up two days in a row is scummy not that you are unsure. But answer me this if you were still unsure of Kison why did you vote him again in the first place?
Not every vote is intended to result in a lynch. I like to know who is going to jump on a wagon and why, especially when those people have a history of jumping on the hot wagon.
Well thats fair. I can believe that, and as such
unFoS Ectomancer
. I just thought it was rather strange that you waited until the wagon picked up speed again, but that is a good explanation of why you would have.
-Tyler Durden
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 8:25 am

Post by Kison »

The PbP analysis was never meant to be used in my defense, so voting me for it is spreading imaginary icing on that cake of yours, there. As Thesp pointed out, it's not entirely helpful, though I'd planned on doing it anyways, I don't have the time to do it in the detail I had wanted. Sorry to burst your bubble of hope.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 10:31 am

Post by HackerHuck »

First, that was not really the bulk of why I'm voting for you. Secondly, you're not really seeing my point in bringing up those promised analyses. You even explained why it's important when you defended yourself against Thesp.

You're likely to die today. When the dust settles tomorrow morning, we'll all sit around and take a look at what happened today. We really have nothing to go on besides "Twito is scum, well maybe not now." A pro-town player would at least want us to gain something from their lynch and scum have nothing to gain by putting out a list of suspects that we could pore over.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 10:41 am

Post by IH »

I consider Ecto Protown at the moment.
Kison wrote:The PbP analysis was never meant to be used in my defense, so voting me for it is spreading imaginary icing on that cake of yours, there. As Thesp pointed out, it's not entirely helpful, though I'd planned on doing it anyways, I don't have the time to do it in the detail I had wanted. Sorry to burst your bubble of hope.
Yeah, but it probably didn't hurt. You can say it was never meant in your defense, but it's a nice way to pull your butt out of the fire. "Don't lynch me, I have some good info!"

How about this. Did you start one? Post what you got.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 11:31 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Kison, you are at L-1. Please come forth with that PBP.
If anyone jumps on before he gives it, my vote will be nailed to your ass tomorrow.

Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 11:35 am

Post by Kison »

HackerHuck wrote:First, that was not really the bulk of why I'm voting for you. Secondly, you're not really seeing my point in bringing up those promised analyses. You even explained why it's important when you defended yourself against Thesp.
I never said it was the bulk of your response, however, I think it's an invalid part. I was pointing it out. I don't a PbP analysis is
important
, and definitely not necessary, but it could be useful.
HackerHuck wrote:We really have nothing to go on besides "Twito is scum, well maybe not now." A pro-town player would at least want us to gain something from their lynch and scum have nothing to gain by putting out a list of suspects that we could pore over.
I've posted my thoughts on more than just Twito in the past. You'd be wise to go back and look.
IH wrote:Yeah, but it probably didn't hurt. You can say it was never meant in your defense, but it's a nice way to pull your butt out of the fire. "Don't lynch me, I have some good info!"
I was hardly defending myself against Thesp. Aside from that, I said I'd do it
if I was to be lynched
, so how the hell would it be a sort of plead if I knew I was going to die anyway? You can make it out to be that way all you want, but this is just another way for you to legitimize your vote.

There you go: Look at IH tomorrow. Tunnel-Visioned posts like this are why I had planned to look into him.
IH wrote:How about this. Did you start one?
I hadn't planned to do one until I was pretty certain I'd be lynched. I'm at lynch minus one, however, I don't have the time to go in depth nearly as much as I had planned to. I'll do a quickie, however.

In fact, I encourage anyone who has the time to do the same. Chances are scum will kill someone tonight. That person will likely be town. Analysis from two townies is better than one.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”