Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 9:11 am

Post by Justin Playfair »

Sorry, just rereading your last post where you say "I wondered what Majiffy meant because the way NotMaf interacted with the wagon didn't make me think he was town, perhaps not same team scum."

And that strikes me as odd too, because you never mention anything about Not_Mafia.
In post 228, TierShift wrote:
In post 227, Majiffy wrote:I have NotMafia, Jon and Kat as lean-town from their interactions with the Finglove wagon.
Are you sure you don't just mean 'not same team scum'?
I mean Tajiffy did...
In post 229, Majiffy wrote:Not Mafia perhaps, kat and esp jon look strictly town.
But you never even agreed with him. Your next post is still full of suspicion of Jon:
In post 241, TierShift wrote:Yeah NT's post was bad but I need a reread on the full game before really judging.

Why is jon getting townreads?
So maybe you were wondering about Not_Mafia. In your head. In thread it wasn't him you seem to have been talking about.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 9:14 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I need to look at the timeline of events there but I remember Tiershift mentioning a scumread on me at least twice, one of which I'm pretty sure was on d1.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 9:18 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

@mnem can we get a reads list from you please, I don't think you've actually posted any content posts so far
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 9:20 am

In post 401, Not_Mafia wrote:I need to look at the timeline of events there but I remember Tiershift mentioning a scumread on me at least twice, one of which I'm pretty sure was on d1.
Hi Not_Mafia. We were discussing this specific incident.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 9:31 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I've reread your post at the top of this page a few times now and I don't understand it, are you trying to say he's been inconsistent? He readflipped on Jon and Kat but he was consistent with his read on me, he hadn't talked about me as much as he had Jon and Kat however he mentioned a scumread of me d1 and you've quoted him talking about me in a group with Kat and Jon.
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 9:46 am

In post 401, Not_Mafia wrote:I need to look at the timeline of events there but I remember Tiershift mentioning a scumread on me at least twice, one of which I'm pretty sure was on d1.
Well he random voted you at the very start of the day and asked you and Katarina to explain your relationship in #129.

(By the way, Not_Mafia, when you have a chance I'd really appreciate an answer to my earlier question on that topic)

But no, until 249, really almost nothing. And even what's there looks kind of forced:
In post 249, TierShift wrote:Hi I did a reread:

Town people:
Kat jon majiffy

Townish:
SV wolfy

Concerning peepz from least to most concerning:
Mnem-weak play overall, says he's gonna step it up but is not showing
Notmaf-dunno what to say don't like his questions, for instance
BDSM-well his posting is really awkward actually, is way too serious in tone, while makes me think he is buddies with finglove for the pressure without voting
Chrono trigger guy-the way he responds to a little pressure is awkward like in and his L-1 sheep was super awkward too. There is just a little part of me that says he might just be behaving like this due to being new but I want him gone still.

And it was after that question in 202 (and specifically your behavior that he reportedly found curious on Finglove's wagon) that he cast this vote:
In post 209, TierShift wrote:VOTE: jon
I think I wanted that dead too yesterday.

V/LA till next sunday

On a holiday, definitely time to play but not sure if I'll have internet access.
There just doesn't seem to me to be a way Tiershift could have believed the things he said he believed at the times he said they believed them that corresponds to the real world timeline.

Tiershift, if it was Not_Mafia's motivations you suspected coming out of the vote on Finglove and not Jon's or Kat's why did you slam a vote down on Jon as soon as day two started? Because if it was Not_Mafia's motivations you doubted, as you just claimed, then it follows that you didn't believe Jon was a werewolf. And you didn't seem to think Jon was some very clever Mafia. So why the resounding vote there?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 9:52 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I don't really see myself as having short circuited discussion, just pointing out that what people were scum reading her for was just her usual posting style
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 9:53 am

In post 404, Not_Mafia wrote:I've reread your post at the top of this page a few times now and I don't understand it, are you trying to say he's been inconsistent? He readflipped on Jon and Kat but he was consistent with his read on me, he hadn't talked about me as much as he had Jon and Kat however he mentioned a scumread of me d1 and you've quoted him talking about me in a group with Kat and Jon.
Nope, no day one scumread unless you're counting his very first post in the rvs. Asks a question about you and Kat's relationship once.

I mean if I'm missing it, Not_Mafia, please post it. Always possible I could have missed it. Really don't think so, though.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 9:55 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 129, TierShift wrote:
In post 117, Not_Mafia wrote:Finglove/Jon/Wolfy/?/?
/kat/notmaf?

Really I want you two to come in here and talk about recent happenings.
A passive mention but a mention nonetheless
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 9:57 am

Post by Marquis »

I'm a rapper... Gaga's a fantastic artist, you know, she paved her way. She's opened her own lane. But I think that I have my own lane. And we never cross. Ever. So, you know, I really don't get the comparison anymore. Our music doesn't sound the same. Our stage presence is not the same. I just can't see the similarities.

we worship nicki minaj in the jungle. praise all

votecount 2.8!!

Ninja Trigger (5) ::
TierShift, Majiffy, Katarina LeBlanc, Not_Mafia, Wolfy
Wolfy (3) ::
Ninja Trigger, S and Em, Lia
TierShift (1) ::
Justin Playfair

not voting (1) ::
mnemonicdevice

deadline (6 days from post) ::
(expired on 2014-05-11 19:30:00)

with 10 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch!!
link in bio
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 10:12 am

In post 408, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 129, TierShift wrote:
In post 117, Not_Mafia wrote:Finglove/Jon/Wolfy/?/?
/kat/notmaf?

Really I want you two to come in here and talk about recent happenings.
A passive mention but a mention nonetheless
So you didn't find anything other than the thing I've mentioned repeatedly. Which was a question regarding your and Kat's relationship. Now please just follow this timeline:

You, Kat and Jon all vote for Finglove. And Finglove is hung. And Finglove is scum.

Tiershift then slams a vote down on JOHN as soon as the next day starts.

Now just slightly later Tiershift objects to Majiffy's characterization of you, Kat and Jon as appearing townish because of the way you voted Finglove. He suggests you may just as well be on the other scum team.

Majiffy says maybe Not_Mafia's on the other team but not Jon and Katarina.

Tiershift does not make any statement regarding Not_Mafia or agreeing with Majiffy but goes on to voice more suspicion of Jon. All the way up to #249 when he forsakes all of his opinions and swallows Majiffy's opinions pretty much whole.

He now tells us he said what he did because he suspected YOUR vote might be shady. If this is true why didn't he vote for you, Not_Mafia? Why didn't he agree with Majiffy at the time Majiffy raised this point? And why, if it was his read on you, Not_Mafia, that was troubling him, did he vote Jon as soon as day two started?

Do you understand better now?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 10:33 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

That wasn't a question about mine and Kat's relationship though, it was him completing my "Finglove/Jon/Wolfy/?/?" scum read thing with me and Kat and asking us to comment on recent happenings
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 10:39 am

Post by TierShift »

Summary of what's left of justin's case:
Observation 1: I had the same reads as SM
Observation 2: I reread and flipped reads to nearly coincide with jiffy's
Conclusion: TierShift is an opportunistic scumfuck

Right?

Catchup post coming in.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 10:41 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 399, Justin Playfair wrote:And in this post you seem very cognizant of the fact that in this game good solid "natural" votes might not mean town.
Ftr I never said this
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 10:49 am

Post by TierShift »

Oh hey

I think justin is scum
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 11:04 am

Post by TierShift »

The main problem I'm having with justin is that he's portraying immense amounts of IIoA, while being extremely indecisive. Not in a paranoia way, but in a 'I see this behaviour but I don't wanna attach a value judgement' way. A manner in which he can swing both ways if necessary. The questions he asks people, are mostly answered and will definitely not help him towards forming a read.
In post 339, Justin Playfair wrote:I've read and reread Ninja and my gut tells me he's a flailing townie but there's just too much dirt there to ignore. He's not my first choice for today's lynch because at this point he's not my scummiest and because neither a successful or unsuccessful Ninja lynch provides us with much information going into tomorrow.
First of all here's a poop reason not to vote NT. The rest of his post seems to imply NT is scum but somehow he wants to uphold the idea that NT is town. Tries to dissuade us from lynching NT by calling his lynch non-informative, a hollow and meaningless word.
In post 348, Justin Playfair wrote:We've gotten almost nothing from Mnemonic, but everything he's given us is bad.
An example of setting himself up to call him either town or scum later on.
In post 352, Justin Playfair wrote:I don't like the speed at which Majiffy is pushing the Ninja lynch but I like/agree with almost everything he's posted. I agree with his townread of Jon and his suspicions of Tiershift. To this point I suppose my only concern is what seems like tunneling on Ninja here in day two.
Jiffy he wants the D

I get the feeling he's not really looking for scum but just setting up a position from which he can go in whatever direction he pleases.

Justin, I want you to make a reads list in which you categorize people.
How do you feel about SM and his interaction around the finglove wagon?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 11:05 am

Post by TierShift »

Oh and I think I wanna lynch a wolf today so that's why I'm on NT but if you wanna lynch maf go for SM/Justin
S and Em
S and Em
Townie
S and Em
Townie
Townie

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 2:04 pm

Post by S and Em »

In post 395, Lia wrote:I'm all caught up now and can't see any reason not to lynch NT, but I'd really like to hear more from mnemonic first because he's the only one I haven't been able to get an idea about apart from not liking the way he backtracked on Finglove. While waiting for that I'm going to vote Wolfy as he's my top suspicion.

First impressions give me Kat, NM and Majiffy as town, NT, Wolfy, TS, S & M, and possibly Justin as scum. I'll go into more detail in future posts.

Vote: Wolfy
I can sort of understand all your reads except the Justin one. Explain that one first please.

@Tier: Stop being silly. For instance, his mnem read looks to me like "he's lurking so it's hard to say but his posts have all been bad so maybescum". You are confbiasing the shit out of everything because you want to be right and Jiffy to be right and this game to be easy but it isn't, and Justin is the towniest Town right now so you better back the fuck up before I cut you, because I will go to bat on this one and I will bring my metaphorical knife-bat.
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 2:26 pm

In post 413, TierShift wrote:
In post 399, Justin Playfair wrote:And in this post you seem very cognizant of the fact that in this game good solid "natural" votes might not mean town.
Ftr I never said this

All right, let's dispense with this first. What else would this exchange mean?
In post 227, Majiffy wrote:
In post 211, S and Em wrote:Jiffy cause I don't trust him and weird finglove wagonstarting
You should probably just stop speaking before you look any dumber.

I have NotMafia, Jon and Kat as lean-town from their interactions with the Finglove wagon.

If that is not expressing the opinion that what seems like a natural town vote for suspected scum could mean that the player casting it is on the other scum team, what exactly does it mean?

Shattered and Ninja lean scum for their empty, wagon-jumping votes.

Looks like the two slots that had the most to gain from an Enomis death were Ninja and mnemonic (particularly mnemonic).

I say we split the difference and hit Ninja today, look at {Shattered, mnemonic} in the immediate future, work outside that set afterwards.
Followed by...
In post 227, Majiffy wrote:I have NotMafia, Jon and Kat as lean-town from their interactions with the Finglove wagon.
Majiffy expressed the opinion that the nature of their votes leads him to believe they are town. You counter by saying that it could mean they are on the other scum team. So, we've taken care of that point.
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 3:29 pm

In post 415, TierShift wrote:The main problem I'm having with justin is that he's portraying immense amounts of IIoA, while being extremely indecisive. Not in a paranoia way, but in a 'I see this behaviour but I don't wanna attach a value judgement' way. A manner in which he can swing both ways if necessary. The questions he asks people, are mostly answered and will definitely not help him towards forming a read.
Tiershift, there's this thing called projection. I would suggest the vote I've placed and the conversation we're having would argue against my indecision. Whereas your spiel of my vote's on Ninja but I could vote a couple other people plus I hecka voted jon first thing on day two even though my secret identical to Majiffy read was that it was Not_Mafia's vote on Finglove that was really questionable strikes me as...you know, either indecisive or a scum who's willing to point the finger just about anywhere as long as it keeps a finger from pointing at him.

Because you see I've attached a value judgment to almost everyone here at this point. And about those questions, one of which led to Ninja admitting he'd lied about having a read, another of which led to you telling town that you'd had a suspicious reaction to Not_Mafia's vote on Finglove, but not on Jon's who you immediately voted for on day two. And yeah, my questions have helped me solidify my read on you, somewhat reduced my suspicions of Wolfy, somewhat increased my suspicions of Katarina and made me think even more that if we lynch Ninja today we'll be lynching the village idiot. These are what are commonly called value judgments and they have evolved from reads the answers to my questions have helped create.
In post 415, TierShift wrote:
In post 339, Justin Playfair wrote:I've read and reread Ninja and my gut tells me he's a flailing townie but there's just too much dirt there to ignore. He's not my first choice for today's lynch because at this point he's not my scummiest and because neither a successful or unsuccessful Ninja lynch provides us with much information going into tomorrow.
First of all here's a poop reason not to vote NT. The rest of his post seems to imply NT is scum but somehow he wants to uphold the idea that NT is town. Tries to dissuade us from lynching NT by calling his lynch non-informative, a hollow and meaningless word.
In post 348, Justin Playfair wrote:We've gotten almost nothing from Mnemonic, but everything he's given us is bad.
An example of setting himself up to call him either town or scum later on.
In post 352, Justin Playfair wrote:I don't like the speed at which Majiffy is pushing the Ninja lynch but I like/agree with almost everything he's posted. I agree with his townread of Jon and his suspicions of Tiershift. To this point I suppose my only concern is what seems like tunneling on Ninja here in day two.
Jiffy he wants the D

I get the feeling he's not really looking for scum but just setting up a position from which he can go in whatever direction he pleases.
Hmmm...maybe I do want the D. Majiffy's avatar is certainly appealing. But I'm not the player who reread the thread in a half hour and swallowed every last one of Majiffy's reads. That would be you. Don't worry. You get the first dance.

Now as for this setting up a position from which he can go in whatever direction he pleases?

Ummm...my name's Tiershift and I'm voting for Ninja but I'd be happy to vote for Justin or S and Em and I had a bad read on Not_Mafia's vote and so I voted for Jon and I want Katarina and Jon outside my townblock and I really wanted It (jon) dead yesterday or maybe he's solid town. I mean I did a 30 minute reread and changed all my reads but I never gave reasons for what I found that made me do it.

Let's see, my name's Justin and from reading the thread I found Tiershift the most likely scum and I made a case against him and I'm prosecuting it. Damn, I'm all over the place.

Really, Tiershift, if you were going to launch an OMGUS attack on me it probably would have been better to try to accuse me of tunneling. Because pretty much everything you've said about me...well, you're doing it.
In post 415, TierShift wrote:Justin, I want you to make a reads list in which you categorize people.
I am so tempted to ask you to change your avatar. Instead I'll ask you to list what it was in your reread that made you change your reads on Jon and Katarina. Commit yourself to something at last. Own your opinion on just these two changes.

Oh, and own this, too. If it really was Not_Mafia's vote that you thought indicated scum in the Finglove thread, if you thought that Jon's did not, why did you vote Jon as soon as the second day dawned? And so vehemently?

You see, it's been awhile since I played Mafia, but I'm pretty sure that it's still a scumtell when someone's words don't match their actions. And by the way, that's the crux of my case, even more than your opportunistic sheeping.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 6:52 pm

Post by TierShift »

In post 419, Justin Playfair wrote:
Majiffy expressed the opinion that the nature of their votes leads him to believe they are town. You counter by saying that it could mean they are on the other scum team. So, we've taken care of that point.
Yeah, because I didn't see Not_maf as town from his voting pattern. That's why I asked. Perhaps jif and I don't have the same definition of natural voting.
Ummm...my name's Tiershift and I'm voting for Ninja but I'd be happy to vote for Justin or S and Em and I had a bad read on Not_Mafia's vote and so I voted for Jon and I want Katarina and Jon outside my townblock and I really wanted It (jon) dead yesterday or maybe he's solid town. I mean I did a 30 minute reread and changed all my reads but I never gave reasons for what I found that made me do it.
Yeah, because that's what scum do, right? If you want me to respond to this, you might want to stop the passive aggressiveness.
Let's see, my name's Justin and from reading the thread I found Tiershift the most likely scum and I made a case against him and I'm prosecuting it. Damn, I'm all over the place.

Really, Tiershift, if you were going to launch an OMGUS attack on me it probably would have been better to try to accuse me of tunneling. Because pretty much everything you've said about me...well, you're doing it.
Is this your defense? The fact that you haven't attacked more than one person and that my attack is OMGUS? Bravo.
In post 415, TierShift wrote:Justin, I want you to make a reads list in which you categorize people.
I am so tempted to ask you to change your avatar. Instead I'll ask you to list what it was in your reread that made you change your reads on Jon and Katarina. Commit yourself to something at last. Own your opinion on just these two changes.
I don't think I asked you a difficult question. Why are you avoiding it?
You see, it's been awhile since I played Mafia, but I'm pretty sure that it's still a scumtell when someone's words don't match their actions. And by the way, that's the crux of my case, even more than your opportunistic sheeping.
Hmm?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 6:53 pm

Post by TierShift »

Gm why is justin town?
Katarina LeBlanc
Katarina LeBlanc
Mafia Scum
Katarina LeBlanc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 8:04 pm

Post by Katarina LeBlanc »

/meows in a corner
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 8:44 pm

Post by Marquis »

a lot of players may need to be prodded soon. prods will come in a few hours when i wake up. night y'all
link in bio
Wolfy
Wolfy
Goon
Wolfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 9:47 pm

Post by Wolfy »

In post 395, Lia wrote:I'm all caught up now and can't see any reason not to lynch NT
...I'm going to vote Wolfy as he's my top suspicion.
You can't see any reason not to lynch NT yet you vote me... so you clearly do have a reason not to vote NT.
I'm looking forward to the detailed explanation on why you want NT lynched but you're voting me.
First impressions give me Kat, NM and Majiffy as town, NT, Wolfy, TS, S & M, and possibly Justin as scum. I'll go into more detail in future posts.
looking forward to the detail...
Are you thinking Tier and Justin are on different scum teams given the current conflict between them and Justin's vote on Tier?
Where does S&M fit in - is he aligned with Tier or Justin?
I'd really like to hear more from mnemonic...
good point. Me too. Active lurking and getting away with it.

Return to “Completed Open Games”