S and Em
S and Em
Townie
S and Em
Townie
Townie

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 4:26 am

Post by S and Em »

In post 345, Justin Playfair wrote:Oh, future information. Well, that's an entirely different thing.

Sure, I'll stand behind that statement.

The thing about a Ninja lynch is that if he flips town it's very hard to draw any conclusions about the folks on his wagon because he's been such a consistently suspicious figure. And it's hard to draw any conclusions about the folks who fought against it because the ways in which he's been so shady are mostly consistent with a flailing, inexperienced player. This is not to say that it provides us with no information. I just don't think it would provide us with much.
Well, on that point I think we'll have to agree to disagree.
In post 348, Justin Playfair wrote:But if you’re town the number of teams is really quite meaningless. There are always only two teams. The righteous and the evil.
I'm not sure I agree with this but will save discussion for after Wolfy answers your question.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 4:48 am

Post by Marquis »

it's already may in the jungle tho

oh well

tears to ur eyes

votecount 2.7!!

Ninja Trigger (5) ::
TierShift, Majiffy, Katarina LeBlanc, Not_Mafia, Wolfy
Wolfy (2) ::
Ninja Trigger, S and Em
Katarina LeBlanc (1) ::
Justin Playfair

not voting (2) ::
jon_h61, mnemonicdevice

deadline (8 days from post) ::
(expired on 2014-05-11 19:30:00)

with 10 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch!!

jon_h61 has ~8 hours to post or be replaced
link in bio
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 6:20 am

Post by Justin Playfair »

Majiffy:

I don't like the speed at which Majiffy is pushing the Ninja lynch but I like/agree with almost everything he's posted. I agree with his townread of Jon and his suspicions of Tiershift. To this point I suppose my only concern is what seems like tunneling on Ninja here in day two.

Majiffy: With so much time left in the day why the seeming rush to put a necktie on Ninja?

jon_h61:

There's not a lot to go from but I liked a good bit of what there was. In 174 he scorns the notion of creating an artificial town block. In the same post I like his reaction to Tiershift's challenge of Wolfy over Wolfy's suspicions of S and Em. No real questions here but would sure like more activity from him (or his replacement).

Not_Mafia:

Made the best case against Fing. I don't find anything particularly suspicious about his evolution on Ninja, either. I am a little bothered by some of his earlier interactions with Ninja, though, those early ones when Ninja and Katarina were tussling.

Not_Mafia comes to Katarina's defense in two sequences. The second, defending her against S and Em on the topic of defensiveness/boisterousness seems a weak echo of the role he played in the earlier conflict between Katarina and Ninja. But depending on how you look at that earlier interaction it could just as easily play as Not_Mafia trying to coach and protect Ninja. Not_Mafia's first step in between Kat and Ninja was to vote for Ninja in post 45. But in the very next post Not_Mafia takes the curse off the vote by suggesting the problem might be that Ninja's a newbie and by post 49 Not_Mafia is pointing out that he did the very same thing when he was a youngster.

Not_Mafia, twice now you've stepped into the middle of discussions involving Katarina. Since doing that may have possibly short-circuited exchanges that could conceivably have provided useful information to the town what exactly were your motivations?

Katarina LaBlanc:

Very high noise to signal ratio. But at the end of day one, when the rubber was meeting the road, she refused to jump on the Fing wagon. She was wrong about that, because Fing was scum, but I think her reasons were good. Then she jumped on the Fing wagon when Enomis jumped off. Her reason was wrong, because Enomis wasn't scum, but I can understand why she made that choice.

What I have a harder time understanding is Katarina's evolving opinion on Jon. We go from this late on day one, even after she voted Fing to this early on day two. Now Jon made a pretty good post in between these two sentiments being expressed so maybe that's why, but...

...Katarina, if you could be so kind would you explain why your feelings have changed?
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 6:26 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 339, Justin Playfair wrote:Hi again. Okay, some early thoughts. I'm going to break these up into one to a few people a post so as not to create a too impenetrable wall of text.
Who are you and what are you doing in my mafia game.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 6:31 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 352, Justin Playfair wrote:Majiffy:

I don't like the speed at which Majiffy is pushing the Ninja lynch but I like/agree with almost everything he's posted. I agree with his townread of Jon and his suspicions of Tiershift. To this point I suppose my only concern is what seems like tunneling on Ninja here in day two.

Majiffy: With so much time left in the day why the seeming rush to put a necktie on Ninja?
Slow wagons have the ability to dissipate easier. I don't want the wagon to dissipate.
Fast wagons force scum to choose sides quickly without the ability to properly fabricate strong reasons for reads or plan bussing / counterwagons / etc.

Good enough?

Also it looks like you're going through everyone via ISO. Are you spending any time reading in context?

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 6:34 am

Oh yes. I read in context first and took notes. I've only been going back in ISO as I've posted.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 6:41 am

Post by Majiffy »

Ok. Who are you replacing? Because I see no difference in the latest votecount.

||
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 6:49 am

Ack.

UNVOTE: Katarina Leblanc

That was Shattered's old vote.
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 6:57 am

In post 354, Majiffy wrote:
In post 352, Justin Playfair wrote:Majiffy:

Slow wagons have the ability to dissipate easier. I don't want the wagon to dissipate.
Fast wagons force scum to choose sides quickly without the ability to properly fabricate strong reasons for reads or plan bussing / counterwagons / etc.

Good enough?

Also it looks like you're going through everyone via ISO. Are you spending any time reading in context?
Of course the other side of that coin is that a fast wagon would allow clever and perhaps charismatic scum to rush a weak townie to the gallows before cooler heads could prevail. So the question is how much you trust not just the judgment but the motives of the folks driving the wagon.
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 8:52 am

And now S and Em:

I like so much of his early stuff, especially his early interactions with Wolfy. And though S and Em was involved in the early town block nonsense with Tier his attitude toward it takes the curse off. During the later stages of Day One some of his interactions with Wolfy started to strike me as slap fighty, most especially the exchange that culminated in this post but now that Wolfy's pounced on Ninja S and Em at least seems to be after him in earnest. I think he's probably wrong in his opinion of Jon but I don't see the path he traveled to get there as particularly scummy. I have to be careful here because I like S and Em's play style, like the way he digs the knife in just a little to see how his target jumps, but so far I'm just not seeing much that seems scummy.

Finally TierShift:

So by post 66 TierShift invites S and Em to do this townbloc thingy. In my opinion an early townblock is more helpful to scum than town.

But here's what really bothers me. Compare the logic in this post to what TierShift posts in this exchange. S and Em posts this and this is TierShift's response.

So when Jiffy points out that he is less suspicious of folks for what he considers the way they voted it could also mean they're on the other scum team. But when TierShift decides someone has cast a "natural vote" it means they are town.

That smells. It smells worse because the player being discussed, Jon, was one of the same players TierShift staked out the opposite position on just before.

It smells even worse because this comes about as the result of a disagreement TierShift had with Majiffy which lead TierShift to do a reread that made TierShift go from this post 248 to this post 249 in about 36 minutes, including the writing of the post.

That must have been quite a reread.

S and Em, you asked me who I was most suspicious of. Here it is.

Tiershift, until you can make the sequence of events above make sense to me I have to:

Vote: TierShift
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 10:27 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 358, Justin Playfair wrote:Of course the other side of that coin is that a fast wagon would allow clever and perhaps charismatic scum to rush a weak townie to the gallows before cooler heads could prevail. So the question is how much you trust not just the judgment but the motives of the folks driving the wagon.
Considering I am the folk driving the wagon, I'd say I have a pretty good grasp on both the judgement and motives. :neutral:
In post 359, Justin Playfair wrote:I have to be careful here because I like S and Em's play style, like the way he digs the knife in just a little to see how his target jumps, but so far I'm just not seeing much that seems scummy.
This doesn't make any sense.

||
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 10:41 am

Hmmm...I am not seeing S and Em's play as being scummy. However, because I enjoy the style in which he plays I have a slight concern that it could color my perceptions.

And yes, I have no doubt that you have a good grasp on your judgment and motives. My response was merely intended to inform you how someone might feel who did not live inside your head. Would you support a galloping wagon you weren't driving for the reasons you gave?
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 10:56 am

Post by Majiffy »

Because I already hit one scum and I'm primed to hit the rest.

||
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 11:06 am

And I hope you're right because at this point it's kind of hard to imagine Ninja not getting his neck stretched by sundown. And I'll give you that on the scum to clean scale he looks at least waist deep in the dirty. But there are two folks (Mnemonic and Tier) I see as a lot dirtier at the moment and I did just get here so I don't want to ride out of the day too fast.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 11:08 am

Post by TierShift »

Hi

I'm town
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 11:16 am

Well...I suppose that settles that.

Any chance that in a half hour you'll come back and claim scum? Just 'cause...you know.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 11:28 am

Post by TierShift »

Nah still town
Wolfy
Wolfy
Goon
Wolfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 12:41 pm

Post by Wolfy »

In post 348, Justin Playfair wrote: Wolfy:

Wolfy's said a few things I agree with. But apart from the mess that was post 107 it is something in post 109 that I keep returning to when I read Wolfy. He says he didn’t know how to get into a three team game. But if you’re town the number of teams is really quite meaningless. There are always only two teams. The righteous and the evil.

Wolfy: Could you tell us what it was about the three team format that gave you so much trouble?
just took me a while to get my head around whether it was 7 vs 5, 9 vs 3 or 10 vs 2.
Posts i was seeing seemed pro-town but could equally be anti other scum team - I also thought scum referred to just mafia at the beginning.
Not sure I'm much the wiser now but it seems to me that in a 3 team game more players will seem pro-town than in a 2 team game.
In a 2 team game I can sometimes say yeah this guy is town - in this game that's harder if he's hunting the other scum team.
So I disagree with your statement that if you're town the number of teams is meaningless. At the very least it causes me confusion.
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 1:14 pm

Thank you, Wolfy. I think I may have phrased my statement inelegantly. What I meant specifically was that a three team game should make no difference to the degree in which you hunt scum. There are certainly mechanical differences. But in spite of my poor wording you have answered the intent of my question.

Tier...I almost feel like a bully for pressing this after your "Nah, still town" but could you spare a few words in explanation of why you seem to have changed your mind in such a short space of time about not only who was suspicious but the very nature of what a seemingly solid vote is?
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 2:13 pm

Post by goodmorning »

cannot decide if Justin is Town for SoC or Scum for somewhat IIoA

hmmmmmmmmm

Town.

And Jiffy can stop being terrible soon.
S and Em
S and Em
Townie
S and Em
Townie
Townie

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 2:14 pm

Post by S and Em »

In post 369, goodmorning wrote:cannot decide if Justin is Town for SoC or Scum for somewhat IIoA

hmmmmmmmmm

Town.

And Jiffy can stop being terrible soon.
ridiculous
S and Em
S and Em
Townie
S and Em
Townie
Townie

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 2:14 pm

Post by S and Em »

I HAVE NEVER ALTSLIPPED BEFORE THIS GAME EVEN WTF
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 2:54 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 369, goodmorning wrote:And Jiffy can stop being terrible soon.
You can vote NT
aaaaany
time now.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 2:55 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Also wtf is SoC?

||
S and Em
S and Em
Townie
S and Em
Townie
Townie

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 3:56 pm

Post by S and Em »

streeeeeam of consciousnesssssssssss

Return to “Completed Open Games”