farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 4:18 pm

Post by farside22 »

Iec: is there a reason you think 3 tracker claims are possible?
See my question to dan was because agar has a point about how dan claimed. I look at your post and I see no suspicion about it.
Then I look at your day one and calling talah town and my mind is why target a player you found town. The response to that answer is shitty. Instead of tracking a player you were suspicious of you pick a town read you defended.
That makes as much sense as my sons stories he tells me.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 4:22 pm

Post by farside22 »

Iec: Also using a why would I do x is not motivating me to believe town.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 4:27 pm

Post by zoraster »

Day 2

Agar ( 1 )
Juls
[/color]
(L - 11 )

Iecerint ( 4 )
ActionDan
farside22
Oversoul
TheIrishPope
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Papa Zito ( 1 )
Bulbazak
[/color]
(L - 11 )

Prof Fridays ( 1 )
Papa Zito
[/color]
(L - 11 )

Papa Zito ( 1 )
Bulbazak
[/color]
(L - 11 )

Prof Fridays ( 1 )
Papa Zito
[/color]
(L - 11 )

TheIrishPope ( 1 )
Agar
[/color]
(L - 11 )

PeregrineV ( 1 )
zMuffinMan
[/color]
(L - 11 )

Not Voting ( 13 )
PeregrineV Aronis Kublai Khan mnemonicdevice DeltaWave DeathNote ZZZX Venmar Brian Skies Iecerint BROseidon talah Prof Fridays

Total Votes ( 23 )

Needed to Lynch [ 12 ]

DeadlineDeadline is May 14 at 20:00 EDT --- Time Until Deadline: (expired on 2014-05-14 20:00:00)
Current Active Event:
Double Action
Tomorrow's Event:
Dia De Los Muertos

DeltaWave and Aronis have been prodded
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 4:35 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I have already addressed all of that, so I will not repeat myself.

Pedit: Oh, I'd missed that Oversoul voted me. Hmm.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 4:36 pm

Post by Iecerint »

In post 1350, Oversoul wrote:
In post 1332, zoraster wrote:ZZZX replaces XReckonerX
this fucker
In post 1351, Oversoul wrote:VOTE: Iec
Well, I guess that explains it. <_<
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 4:38 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Farside, I think if you really wanted to evaluate my alignment, you would do something other than post the same rhetoric over and over disguised as questions that might have interesting answers.

I do not know if you're just a person who does that as both alignments, but that is the main thing I am gleaning from our interaction.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 4:40 pm

Post by Iecerint »

My recollection of the previous times I played with you is that you were always permanently obvtown but somehow never died due to protection WIFOM or whatever.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 4:40 pm

Post by Iecerint »

But that was ages ago.
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 4:41 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

In post 1396, Iecerint wrote:I

Basically I am having a hard time understanding anyone thinking that I am anything but obvtown, but at least 2 people seem to think that.
My interpretation: "Basically, I am having a hard time understanding why i am not obvtown. I did everything it says to do in this manual for scumz. I am starting to get worried that town is starting to catch on though."

This is the most scummy post I've seen in a while.

Not certain enough to jump on the bandwagon though, don't want a rapid lynch to happen.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 4:43 pm

Post by Iecerint »

You motherfucking literary theorist.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 4:50 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Farside, I didn't even HAVE any suspects by the end of D1. All I had were townreads -- KingdomAces and talah -- that the entire playerbase thought was scum. As I think I even mentioned during this D1 you're so fixated on, I do not trust myself when literally no one agrees with me. And even those players made posts that I found scummy!

I disagree with your opinion of how tracks should be used and maybe how many players on this site think they should be used. If I had solid reads on like 75% of the playerbase, I would investigate the remaining 25%. But failing that, I think that averting the mislynch bait is the way to go.

"Confirmable town role" is a bullshit phrase these days and is basically synonymous with a PR softclaim i.e. tracker bait.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 4:51 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Well, I guess your stated theory of how investigates should be used is also apparently different from most of the playerbase on this site, but the point stands.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 4:53 pm

Post by Iecerint »

More importantly -- I should REALLY HOPE that SOMEONE ON THE SCUMTEAM could have worked out that Geography would mess up a track from across the map -- especially when the Tracker example was literally in the Spoilered ruled section! <---- NB

That is not the kind of error a team makes -- it is the kind of error a single player makes.

^ More explication of why I should be really really obvtown to anyone who is doing more than skimming the thread, unless you want to postulate like 4-5 deliberate calculated townslips.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 4:59 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 1405, Iecerint wrote:Farside, I think if you really wanted to evaluate my alignment, you would do something other than post the same rhetoric over and over disguised as questions that might have interesting answers.

I do not know if you're just a person who does that as both alignments, but that is the main thing I am gleaning from our interaction.
Currently meta searching you.
Trying to figure out if you would target a town read like that. Also I'm not asking you a question I'm pointing out repeatedly my utter disbelief in you rationale.
I'm waiting for someone other then you to explain how it makes sense.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Well, probably not "more" because I mentioned it at least once several pages ago, but I figure the chance that anyone other than AGar read it is pretty slim.

Reasons to target talah: tl;dr form for farside

1. Talah claimed an action. Trackers are more useful when they target players who have actions.
2. Lots of players suspected talah. Information is more useful when it is about players who are likely to be scrutinized.
3. Iecerint was ambivalent about talah, despite her being one of the closest things he had to a town read. Getting information about ambivalent reads is super important!

The main hitch was geography, and I misunderstood Zora's clarification.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 5:08 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1408, mnemonicdevice wrote:
In post 1396, Iecerint wrote:I

Basically I am having a hard time understanding anyone thinking that I am anything but obvtown, but at least 2 people seem to think that.
My interpretation: "Basically, I am having a hard time understanding why i am not obvtown. I did everything it says to do in this manual for scumz. I am starting to get worried that town is starting to catch on though."

This is the most scummy post I've seen in a while.

Not certain enough to jump on the bandwagon though, don't want a rapid lynch to happen.
Bullets for this guy, please. I'd rather use the noose on TIP, then AD.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 5:10 pm

Post by Aronis »

I'm still here. Just really really really busy.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 6:14 pm

Post by Iecerint »

This fucking game.

/drunkpost
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 6:16 pm

Post by talah »

Alright, so this is my weekend lazy post and then I'm taking time out to reset and think about what's gone on. I have a couple of conclusions from Day 2 which I want to mention as well.

Having been involved in the conversations as they were happening, I have a pretty strong town read on Iece now, and I absolutely buy his rationale for submitting a track on me. I was partially submitting against Venmar to confirm or deny him as well (actually hoping to catch him out having gone nowhere or going to where someone was killed in his room) and the fact that I didn't really feel the claim was honest doesn't alter the fact that if he had visited someone and they didn't die, I was going to take that as pretty strong evidence that his claim was truthful. I also subscribe to (what I later found out that I'm slightly misunderstanding but nevertheless) the mastin school of investigative PRs, which is use them on folks you *can't* get a read on. (At least I take this to be a pretty good play in a vacuum, but the fact is that I felt I had mechanical reasons to track Venmar - if the geography event had been in play I may not have gone there with the claim he made, bit hard to reassess in hindsight though.)

If Iece made up the stuff about misunderstanding the mechanic and claiming his action in the way he did, I'll be a monkey's uncle. It just had far too much resonance with me not to have evolved naturally.

I agree totally with AGar regarding AD being the only choice for lynch if we're going to lynch one of us three - and I think it's pretty pointless to lynch any of us right now as further PR uses are likely to clarify what's going on. Although I'm curious about the 3 Night 1 tracks, I actually don't see it as slam-dunk evidence that one of us is *necessarily* scum. FYI I'll probably have to end up claiming before Day 2 is out just because it's relevant to other actions, but at the moment the claims are a bit white-noisy actually.

I've actually got a semi-decent town read on AGar now as well, although I doubt I can articulate it very specifically - I think his play here feels a lot different from Gundam. Mainly the involvement and interactivity don't have such a measured feel, and feel more spontaneous. Even being cautious, I think he's making sense.

I'm also very comfortable with this:
VOTE: TheIrishPope

@The people at the start of Day 1 who said they were finding themselves agreeing with TIP - does this still hold true for you now? If so, what's to agree with?

@farside, I'm just going from memory here on a question you asked, but the answer is no, I most certainly would not have tracked outside of my room had I known that my track would automatically fail when submitted against someone who acted in their own room. If I remember the question correctly?

Anyway, apologies for the thought-dump.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 6:24 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I'm super cautious about AGar. I think he's town unless it's the case that he thinks AD's vote can snowball. Which normally would be 0% chance but people seem to like it for some reason, so maybe I am just awful at understanding the current site meta. But this is mainly because once he beat me in lylo as scum when I knew he was scum by PoE but I was reading him as town before that IIRC (and I was lynched). Don't remember which game.

And yeah TIP probably had the worst vote, and that's saying something given Oversoul's naked one.

/drunkpost
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 6:28 pm

Post by Juls »

I still think we should focus on trying to catch the role block....I will admit Agar seems a bit more town today than yesterday. I need to go back and look at who else was a potential role blocker but it is too late to go digging for that. For now,

UNVOTE: Agar
-------------------------------------
Juls
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 6:32 pm

Post by Iecerint »

JULS ALERT ALERT ALERT

THERE IS NO ROLEBLOCKER.

GEOGRAPHY IS THE ROLEBLOCKER.

LYNCH ZORA TO REMOVE THE ROLEBLOCKER.

/drunkpost
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 6:32 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Jesus if JULS isn't even reading the game, what hope do we have? D:
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 6:33 pm

Post by Iecerint »

VOTE: TheIrishPope

I WILL FOLLOW MY GODDESS UNTIL THE WORLD ENDS OR UNTIL A BIT FROM NOW.

/drunkpost
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 6:55 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 1414, Iecerint wrote:1. Talah claimed an action. Trackers are more useful when they target players who have actions
He never explicitly claimed an action though. and even then it could have been an action that'd self confirm i.e, vig, friendly neighbor, masoniser, etc. To say that talah was waving a sign wanting to be tracked is a stretch in the justification. there are certainly wtf levels of derp as either faction from targeting talah in the first place but I'm not putting it past the entirety of the scum team to blunder, especially considering tracker resolution isn't obvious.

@Farside, I didn't vote then because I wanted Iec to feel comfortable claiming either of those actions.

Also Iec has implied at this point he's a full tracker so lol at Agar.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”