Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:35 pm

Post by tn5421 »

I'm somewhat surprised there is serious discussion on page one. My newbie game wasn't anything like this.
WIP
Katengecchi
Katengecchi
Townie
Katengecchi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:36 pm

Post by Katengecchi »

In post 23, talah wrote:I'm waiting for everyone to post, not seeing much that's pinging me just yet.
Judging from your first post i thought you'd be townhunting, did you miss the part where we got a scumread on you based on your first post entirely?
Re: What would you pick as scum? I think i'd pick nothing, not going to elaborate on why as that would give scum ideas on what to do if they did the same thing. I can think of the value on asking what they'd do as that could help us find what the scum picked after some flips, but not the why, so I don't know why everyone's discussing that.

-Saki
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:43 pm

Post by talah »

In post 26, Katengecchi wrote:
In post 23, talah wrote:I'm waiting for everyone to post, not seeing much that's pinging me just yet.
Judging from your first post i thought you'd be townhunting, did you miss the part where we got a scumread on you based on your first post entirely?
Re: What would you pick as scum? I think i'd pick nothing, not going to elaborate on why as that would give scum ideas on what to do if they did the same thing. I can think of the value on asking what they'd do as that could help us find what the scum picked after some flips, but not the why, so I don't know why everyone's discussing that.

-Saki
Yeah actually after I posted that I did think that if I wasn't recruiting the traitor I'd probably leave the daytalk out to drop the extra PR. I don't know why it makes any difference whether we discuss it or not though.

I think basically you're the only one who found my first post scummy. Not sure what there is to townhunt on yet, unless you think I couldn't see either of Desp or p_a having this conversation as scum independent or together. Totally null.

Dem undisclosed hydras though. Hi Saki.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:45 pm

Post by talah »

In post 25, tn5421 wrote:I'm somewhat surprised there is serious discussion on page one. My newbie game wasn't anything like this.
Honestly this does seem a bit atypical, but I'm liking it so far.
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:50 pm

Post by tn5421 »

In post 22, Desperado wrote:I actually didn't know that taking BP changes you to Mafia Bulletproof. If the traitor is still bulletproof as well if you take BP/rolecop/daytalk I think that'd be optimal.
The only person in this thread that I know is penguin_alien.
In post 22, Desperado wrote:I actually didn't know that taking BP changes you to Mafia Bulletproof. If the traitor is still bulletproof as well if you take BP/rolecop/daytalk I think that'd be optimal.
I don't think it's a good idea to talk about this topic this early on in the game. At least not until one of the scum dies.
In post 28, talah wrote:
In post 25, tn5421 wrote:I'm somewhat surprised there is serious discussion on page one. My newbie game wasn't anything like this.
Honestly this does seem a bit atypical, but I'm liking it so far.
It's nicer than reading handwaves or RVS for the sake of RVS, even if I'm voting for you currently. My vote is 100% RVS powered, I wanted to be the first to post.
In post 26, Katengecchi wrote: Re: What would you pick as scum? I think i'd pick nothing, not going to elaborate on why as that would give scum ideas on what to do if they did the same thing. I can think of the value on asking what they'd do as that could help us find what the scum picked after some flips, but not the why, so I don't know why everyone's discussing that.

-Saki
I agree completely, no need to feed scum ideas this early on.

Also, what undisclosed hydras?
WIP
Katengecchi
Katengecchi
Townie
Katengecchi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:54 pm

Post by Katengecchi »

In post 27, talah wrote:Not sure what there is to townhunt on yet, unless you think I couldn't see either of Desp or p_a having this conversation as scum independent or together. Totally null.
Go and re-read what i quoted and then get back to me. Why does it matter if we're the only ones who found your first post scummy? And I already explained why discussing why you'd pick X over Y is not a good idea. If you still don't get it, go back and re-read my post and tell me what confuses you about it.
What are you getting at with this comment? if there's some serious discussion are you gonna participate or are you just gonna stay on the sidelines making unnecessary comments like this one.

PEd. Nevermind you just started commenting that's good.

-Saki
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:04 pm

Post by tn5421 »

I don't have any intention of sitting on the sidelines. I didn't mean to imply that.
Let's hunt some scum together, Saki.
WIP
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:04 pm

Post by talah »

In post 30, Katengecchi wrote:
In post 27, talah wrote:Not sure what there is to townhunt on yet, unless you think I couldn't see either of Desp or p_a having this conversation as scum independent or together. Totally null.
Go and re-read what i quoted and then get back to me. Why does it matter if we're the only ones who found your first post scummy? And I already explained why discussing why you'd pick X over Y is not a good idea. If you still don't get it, go back and re-read my post and tell me what confuses you about it.
I'm not all that easily confused, Saki. So if a miscommunication has occurred perhaps you would like to clarify what your point is, since I clearly don't get it.

Scum have already picked their roles - it's not like we need to be worried about giving them ideas for the next game. Theory discussion is okay to an extent as long as it's not misdirection, and I'm not seeing that in what's transpired so far.
In post 29, tn5421 wrote:Also, what undisclosed hydras?
Saki has a main account and is signing posts, so I'm presuming Katen is a hydra of Saki and someone else.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:08 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Votecount 1.01
talah
(3) Katengecchi, tn5421, Desperado
Pim
(1) beastcharizard
beastcharizard
(1) penguin_alien
Voidwalker1234
(1) SeeEmpty
penguin_alien
(1) talah

Not Voting
(5) Paschendale, Pim, mlearn2, Voidwalker1234, Finglove

With 12 Alive, 7 vote are required to lynch
Deadline: Wednesday, May 14, 2014, at 9:40 PM EDT (UTC-4), which is in (expired on 2014-05-14 21:39:58)
Last edited by Cheery Dog on Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:10 pm

Post by tn5421 »

talah: Mildly suspicious (see: townbloc)
Desperado: Uses WWE images. How dare thee! Has played setup before. Mild suspicion, unlikely to flip scum.
penguin_alien: Seems comfortable talking about hypotheticals (see: setup modifications). Mild suspicion, fo now.
Katengecchi: I've got a slight townread on you for now. According to talah you are a hydra of Saki and Koromo.
Cheery Dog: Greentexting outside of 4chan. Suspicious :3 (don't take this particular one seriously)
WIP
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:11 pm

Post by tn5421 »

Anyone that isn't included, aside from the confirmed town, is a nullread.
WIP
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:11 pm

Post by tn5421 »

@MOD: You messed up your countdown tag in
WIP
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:17 pm

Post by talah »

In post 34, tn5421 wrote:According to talah you are a hydra of Saki and Koromo.
How do you know who the other head is?

Why are you townreading Katen?

UNVOTE: penguin_alien
VOTE: tn5421
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:24 pm

Post by tn5421 »

In post 5, Katengecchi wrote:
Vote: talah

Serious vote

-Koromo
What are you getting at with this comment? if there's some serious discussion are you gonna participate or are you just gonna stay on the sidelines making unnecessary comments like this one.

-Saki
In post 5, Katengecchi wrote:
Vote: talah

Serious vote

-Koromo

-Saki

Signed posts are signed. My townread on Katen is based on their being the only real people to start scumhunting.

Nice OMGUS, by the way. You're totally making me interested in moving my vote[/sarcasm]
WIP
Pim
Pim
Goon
Pim
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:33 pm

Post by Pim »

vote: Desp

Not random. Discuss.

Though I felt insulted that my name was 'compared' to a title of my little pony >.<

As for stacking the deck, I'd probably have gone for daytalk and JoaT. My buddy wouldn't have had the opportunity to refuse >:]
Enjoy telling how this could help.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:35 pm

Post by talah »

Then what was the point of asking "What undisclosed hydras?" if you already knew what Saki and Koromo were the Katen hydra?

Why would you try to pretend you didn't know what I was talking about?

I'm pretty sure you just scumslipped and outed yourself and Katen as scum. The third may as well self-vote because this game is over.

FYI for future games, OMGUS isn't a scumtell - it's something dumb which gets used to push RVS along.
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:38 pm

Post by tn5421 »

In post 39, Pim wrote:
vote: Desp

Not random.
Discuss.

Though I felt insulted that my name was 'compared' to a title of my little pony >.<

As for stacking the deck, I'd probably have gone for daytalk and JoaT. My buddy wouldn't have had the opportunity to refuse >:]
Enjoy telling how this could help.
If the scum picked a JOAT, they could easily frame you as their scumbuddy if they were determined enough. I can see how you would find Desp suspicious but between Desp and talah, talah is more suspicious for me.
In post 40, talah wrote:Then what was the point of asking "What undisclosed hydras?" if you already knew what Saki and Koromo were the Katen hydra?

I'm pretty sure you just scumslipped and outed yourself and Katen as scum. The third may as well self-vote because this game is over.

FYI for future games, OMGUS isn't a scumtell - it's something dumb which gets used to push RVS along.
I wasn't paying attention to what posts were signed with, and looked over it shortly after I made that post. If you're arrogant enough to not re-read the thread, that isn't my problem.

I didn't know what you were talking about until I re-read after making that post.

LOL, scumslip really? More like you want a case to lynch town on.

Your OMGUS is cute, please keep trying to scumpaint me.
WIP
Voidwalker1234
Voidwalker1234
Goon
Voidwalker1234
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:40 pm

Post by Voidwalker1234 »

Hi. I just missed the RVS so let's jump on the largest wagon, VOTE: talah. Anyways, let's watch what's happening.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:44 pm

Post by talah »

You looked over it shortly *after* saying "What undisclosed hydras?"

The why say this *after* you already knew Katen was a hydra?
In post 34, tn5421 wrote:
According to talah
you are a hydra of Saki and Koromo.
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:45 pm

Post by tn5421 »

In post 40, talah wrote:Then what was the point of asking "What undisclosed hydras?" if you already knew what Saki and Koromo were the Katen hydra?

In post 42, Voidwalker1234 wrote:Hi. I just missed the RVS so let's jump on the largest wagon, VOTE: talah. Anyways, let's watch what's happening.
1: There are 4 votes on talah now.
2: Lurking is scummy, don't do it. You're not conftown.

@Talah: Will address later, just got a game of Dota now. Expect a reply in about an hour.
WIP
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:50 pm

Post by talah »

Ugh. I've been playing Smite lately. Also time to do housework.

Your explanation better be watertight. I'd also like to know your position on OMGUS as a scumtell, while you're at it.
Voidwalker1234
Voidwalker1234
Goon
Voidwalker1234
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:54 pm

Post by Voidwalker1234 »

1. Yay, she's at L-3. If she was at say 5/6 votes I would say, that was a bit scummy, but meh.
2. So? I prefer to lurk and occasionally change my vote, sometimes asking questions, but over all I'm a lurker.
Pim
Pim
Goon
Pim
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:56 pm

Post by Pim »

@TN, they may try to do that, I'm ready for it ;) but why is Talah scummier than Desp?

Void will be discussed later. Vote isn't interesting for now.
Voidwalker1234
Voidwalker1234
Goon
Voidwalker1234
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:38 pm

Post by Voidwalker1234 »

@Pim, How is Desperado scummy? I'm asking because I'm reading him as null, because to me set up/What would I do as scum is just mostly null discussion.
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:51 pm

Post by tn5421 »

In post 45, talah wrote:Ugh. I've been playing Smite lately. Also time to do housework.

Your explanation better be watertight. I'd also like to know your position on OMGUS as a scumtell, while you're at it.
In post 47, Pim wrote:@TN, they may try to do that, I'm ready for it ;) but why is Talah scummier than Desp?

In post 46, Voidwalker1234 wrote:1. Yay, she's at L-3. If she was at say 5/6 votes I would say, that was a bit scummy, but meh.
2. So? I prefer to lurk and occasionally change my vote, sometimes asking questions, but over all I'm a lurker.
In post 45, talah wrote:Ugh. I've been playing Smite lately. Also time to do housework.

Why does my explanation need to be watertight. Your OMGUS makes you more suspicious but doesn't necessarily mean you're scum.
In post 47, Pim wrote:@TN, they may try to do that, I'm ready for it ;) but why is Talah scummier than Desp?

I feel that Talah is dodging some of the questions being sent his/her way.
In post 46, Voidwalker1234 wrote:1. Yay, she's at L-3. If she was at say 5/6 votes I would say, that was a bit scummy, but meh.
1. Just pointing out that the wagon is growing rather significantly, and I'll be unvoting for a bit if it continues to grow. No need to cut day1 short with a derp lynch, especially since there is still a fair possiblity that Talah isn't scum.
2. It makes you look like you have something to hide.
WIP

Return to “Completed Open Games”