kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:28 pm

Post by kilmenator »

What! A claim? With only 2 votes and no one else expressing much suspicions? Why dodgy would you claim, some of us can read into the posts and see what you are trying to say, just because the Fonz is attacking you does not mean that you should have claimed, it was a stupid place to claim, and are you being replaced? Is that what the last post comment was?

Umm... Wow, what the heck...

unvote:
the random
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:25 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Dodgy is no longer in this game
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
superstring91
superstring91
Goon
superstring91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:25 pm

Post by superstring91 »

kilmenator wrote:What! A claim? With only 2 votes and no one else expressing much suspicions? Why dodgy would you claim, some of us can read into the posts and see what you are trying to say, just because the Fonz is attacking you does not mean that you should have claimed, it was a stupid place to claim, and are you being replaced? Is that what the last post comment was?

Umm... Wow, what the heck...

unvote:
the random
i have to agree wit this [especially "wow, what the heck"] and just because people are new to the site doesnt mean they cant read into it.

the way this game has gone, we have gotten a bit off track, i think.
arguing about menial things.

the most important thing right now is to hear from inactives.
then more discussio can ensue

@eletriar: youve said your ideas were posted. lots of ideas were posted. some very opposite, and extreme. which ideas do you agree with?
We've got him now! There's no escape from the airport!

Southpaw
Southpaw
Townie
Southpaw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:44 pm

Post by Southpaw »

superstring91 wrote:i have to agree wit this [especially "wow, what the heck"]
So do I. I think that's pretty immature to just screw up a game because someone is accusing you of being suspicious. You could of just asked for a replacement instead of roleclaiming and quitting.

Also, a good mafia player will change their strategy when they find that what they're doing is making them suspicious. They won't just accuse everyone else in the game of being too stupid to keep up with them.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:04 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Dodgy wrote:I've so
FUCKING
had enough of inexperienced players that talk fucking shit and try to pretend to everyone, that they know how to play this game with insight, ie
The Fonz
I only joined this game because my fellow creators/friends, Jeep, mathcam and MEMe convinced me to.
I thougfht this was a mini with no theme, not a newbie with a certain pereson that talks bollocks!
I quit and I can because I set this fucking site up, co-wrote the "Wikki" that people keep refering to and thought that I would be in a game with players that had the intelligence to read between the lines.
Here goes peeps....
I've so fucking had it with experienced players who act like they're spoilt five year old kids and try to use their time at the site in place of a decent argument. If he'd actually had any intention of helping the town win, he'd actually have provided a logical defence instead of all the constant shit he's actually talked.

That said, no reason to disbelieve the doc claim.

Unvote
pete d
pete d
Goon
pete d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:19 pm

Post by pete d »

ok... well, i guess that's a dramatic way to end the "initial discussion" faze... seems like a good time to look over the game thus far and decide who we think is the most suspicious.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:36 pm

Post by The Fonz »

A prod on Gorckat might be in order. No posts since tuesday.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:46 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Unvote
- not many mafia acts end with said scum
quitting the game
. :(

FFS though Dodgy, that was a ridiculous overreaction. And you can take your high horse and demands for respect for your help in setting up the site and do something creative with them *annoyed*. Anyway, let's close the book on this one.

Voting forthcoming on one of gorckat and thorgot, probably... whoever posts last, maybe ;)
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
thorgot
thorgot
Townie
thorgot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:40 am

Post by thorgot »

Well, since Dodgy says The Fonz was a bad man, and Dodgy quit the game, The Fonz
must
be a bad man!

Unless this is all an elaborate plan by Dodgy to win the game vicariously. But why would he claim doctor if that were the case? So I'm thinking he's either doctor, or vanilla townie trying to get his successor killed quickly by the scum.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:29 am

Post by Dasquian »

If Dodgy did anything but tell the truth about being the doctor, I would be extremely unimpressed by his metagame shenanigans. Faking a tactical strop is one thing, (ab)using mechanisms external to the game to win is seriously not cool; I am going to assume he wouldn't do that.

thorgot; do you think we should pressure The Fonz now? If not, what are your assorted thoughts on what's happened so far?
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:22 am

Post by kilmenator »

thorgot wrote:Well, since Dodgy says The Fonz was a bad man, and Dodgy quit the game, The Fonz
must
be a bad man!

Unless this is all an elaborate plan by Dodgy to win the game vicariously. But why would he claim doctor if that were the case? So I'm thinking he's either doctor, or vanilla townie trying to get his successor killed quickly by the scum.
That logic doesnt work, either he is the doctor or he is a townie, you are forgetting the other possiblility, it is that he is scum trying to get a doc to out themselves... it could be many things, at this point, if there is another Doc, I dont think it is wise for them to come out, however, they need to make it a point to somehow in the thread give us something to back up (if he has to later) his claim to innocence. At this point though, I think Dodgy was the doc, and we will find out tonight, because I am sure that scum will make him their target tonight if he is truly the doc, at this point we need to focus our attention elsewhere.
superstring91
superstring91
Goon
superstring91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:39 am

Post by superstring91 »

i just have one last comment on dodgy's quit:
it was extremely immature, and i think he was being whiny, and condescending. i dont like the attitude of "i've been here longer, so i [and only i] know how to play it right."
so, i think the best thing to do with his role is to see how his replacement acts.

i think it's time to put the pressure on the inactives

vote: gorckat

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:30 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Dodgy is no longer in this game. He's been forcibly replaced. I have just deleted a post of his, and any other subsequent posts on his part will be deleted by me.

I have not found a replacement yet, but am searching for one.
superstring91
superstring91
Goon
superstring91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:35 am

Post by superstring91 »

Portions of a deteted post have been deleted

i agree that the wiki shouldn't be a player's bible, but rather a utility for reference.

but you shouldnt judge someone based on their time on the site. i dont believe that really says much about their skill. nor does mere experience. someone could have played in more games than anyone else, and still not be as good as the newest player.

and you should expect attacks. how else are we going to weed scum out?
expect them to declare that they are scum?

Southpaw
Southpaw
Townie
Southpaw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:05 am

Post by Southpaw »

What makes this game great is that you can know every common tendency or theory but what it really comes down to is being able to read other people. Knowing all the wiki entries can help, but you need to know how to adapt if someone doesn't follow along with how you think they should. If someone seems to be feeding on defensiveness, joke off their comments. A good player won't need the perfect conditions for them to win, if they're constantly be attacked they'll change strategy.

The problem I have with what you did is that it's similar to a kid playing basketball who decides that the game isn't going their way so they quit in the middle of it. Except rather than just quitting, they take the ball with them to ruin the game for everyone else.

I appreciate everything you have done in creating the site and keeping it running smoothly. However, I don't think that gives you a right to disrepect the other 11 players in the game.
Dodgy
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Gives MeMe the willies

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:28 am

Post by Dodgy »

<<edited by MeMe>>
If it scares you, close your eyes, it might just disappear but don't scream, cos no one can hear!
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:32 am

Post by MeMe »

I deleted the post above.

And Dodgy has asked that I say something on his behalf in the thread, which I'm glad to do. Although he reacted strongly in this game, he
does
hope to play in the future and his history as a mafiascum player has been, to this point, a healthy one. He acknowledges that it wasn't fair, especially to the moderator, to trash the game. I think, however, that it is definitely salvageable, so play on!
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:44 am

Post by The Fonz »

So that it is out in the open, I received this personal message from Dodgy:
I hope you grow into Mafiascum but I will say this only once, as the controler of this site, I will NOT tollerate personal attacks.
I can in 30 seconds delete your profile, your IP address and because I am in charge of the bandwidth capicity and running of this site and 1 other similar site, can access your telephone number and address to stop you changing telephone numbers and internet providers to re-access this site.
I will be watching this game very closely!
Having said that, I think your annoying comments are due to you being a newbie and although it makes me rial that you are not playing newbie games until you have the experience to play other forums, I am willing to let it pass for now, on this occasion.
Like I said, I will be watching this game very closely.
Just for the record, I was the Doc, and there will be NO replacement.
Dodgy
I find his attempts to personally threaten me because of a disagreement in a game childish and egomaniacal.

Just for the record:

My suggesting that Dodgy was scum was not based solely, or even mainly, on the wiki; I could quickly provide quotes from numerous vetaran players of this site, that for example overreacting to safe early votes is a likely mafia action. Even if it weren't, it would surely be incumbent on the longtime vet to explain calmly and rationally why a particular action is not scummy, yet Dodgy made no such attempt, instead resorting to personal abuse.

I maintain that if anyone else acts that scummy in a future game, I will suspect them, otherwise there's no point in me playing.

I have at no point launched a personal attack on Dodgy, he has repeatedly done so on me!

I am playing a newbie game at the moment. I am far from the only player on site to enter a mini before the conclusion of his first newbie game.

I have both played and moderated elsewhere before.
Dodgy
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Gives MeMe the willies

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:53 am

Post by Dodgy »

Ok guys, I really am retracting now.
MeMe relayed my message so I have nothing else to add.
Until we meet again, and we so will, so be prepared, enjoy and have have fun!
X
If it scares you, close your eyes, it might just disappear but don't scream, cos no one can hear!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:52 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I would ask that everyone please ignore all subsequent posts from dodgy. As much as he may want to play in games, it will not be this one.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:53 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Ok...Saw last post from dodgy. I am willing to leave it at that.

I would also like to point out to everyone that dodgy has none of the powers that he claims. He is not a site creator, nor can he carry out any of the threats he says that he can carry out.
superstring91
superstring91
Goon
superstring91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:42 pm

Post by superstring91 »

this is the oddest game ive ever played in.

ok, i think what we have to do now is move past the dodgy incident. lets get back to the game. weed out scum.

my vote is already out there on gorkcat. lets pressure the inactives.

Eletriar
Eletriar
Townie
Eletriar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:03 pm

Post by Eletriar »

...So... let me get this straight. Further commenting on Dodgy's behavior will get us nowhere, so I'll not do it. What I will do, though, is say that while I continue to read this, I keep trying to formulate an opinion. However, I will speculate thusly:

Dodgy's performance was quite dodgy indeed, and if we do end up getting a replacement for him, I look forward to watching the reactions of said replacement. In fact, it's probably a very interesting thing. For one, when any suspicion fell on him at all, Dodgy got huffy, claimed doc, and then siteowner when the threat did not seem to dissipate. While I really cannot condone that sort of action in the least, I'm quite curious what the replacement acts like. While I still have a hovering vote, and it will hover until I get any further conclusions, I will be watching how that plays out.

That said, reading over, it seems to me that the most defensive player is The Fonz.
The Fonz wrote:But we had
nothing
to go on at that point. Nothing. Overreacting to harmless votes is just a classic scumtell. Classic. If everyone random votes, that doesn't elicit anything, then what are you basing your FOS on? Nothing, that's what.

I haven't voted flippantly. I voted randomly once, once to elicit information (successfully) and once on the guy who acted scummily by falling into the trap laid.
I can understand annoyed, but it seems to be a general theme of his... Fonz, are you usually this defensive? Just wondering...
Show
The Wild Eep: And apparently I'm male, even when I say otherwise. xD
Zen Artros: Eep, who are you on MS?
GlorkTheInvader: Eletriar
Zen Artros: Ooooh, that guy.
GlorkTheInvader: The Wild Eep: And apparently I'm male, even when I say otherwise. xD
superstring91
superstring91
Goon
superstring91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:21 pm

Post by superstring91 »

i think fonz was entirely right in saying what he said. [see below]
Eletriar wrote:That said, reading over, it seems to me that the most defensive player is The Fonz.
nothing
to go on at that point. Nothing. Overreacting to harmless votes is just a classic scumtell. Classic. If everyone random votes, that doesn't elicit anything, then what are you basing your FOS on? Nothing, that's what.
i dont agree that it is "classic" scumtell, because our definition of scumtell needs to be constantly evolving, with our scum. so, i suppose it is classic. it is old. it may be true in newbie games, but probably not here.

i dont think that this post from fonz gives us much.
but, we will see after more discussion.

Southpaw
Southpaw
Townie
Southpaw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:38 pm

Post by Southpaw »

superstring91 wrote:i think fonz was entirely right in saying what he said. [see below]
Eletriar wrote:That said, reading over, it seems to me that the most defensive player is The Fonz.
nothing
i dont agree that it is "classic" scumtell, because our definition of scumtell needs to be constantly evolving, with our scum. so, i suppose it is classic. it is old. it may be true in newbie games, but probably not here.

i dont think that this post from fonz gives us much.
but, we will see after more discussion.
I also don't see much in this. It seems like one of those cases where two townspeople get so focused on attacking one another that when one is found innocent the rest of the players start to think that the other must be mafia.

The problem right now is that most of our discussion was based on the Dodgy/Fonz feud. Now that Dodgy is out, we almost have to start over.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”