Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:36 am

Post by Venmar »

WHY ARENT PEOPLE VOTING TALAH

CMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:48 am

Post by talah »

Why do you think I'm scum?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:52 am

Post by farside22 »

Papa zito: who are your scum reads exactly?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:55 am

Post by Papa Zito »

My iso is available farside. "Why are you asking useless questions" indeed.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:57 am

Post by Juls »

In post 876, talah wrote:Why do you think I'm scum?
Please explain who you think is scummy without mentioning their read on you.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:58 am

Post by Juls »

In post 877, farside22 wrote:Papa zito: who are your scum reads exactly?
Back at you farside. I mean, I have read you as town most of the game but I admit I might have started skimming your posts at some point based on that fact. A summary and reasons would be nice.
Juls
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:59 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Oh.
In post 875, Venmar wrote:WHY ARENT PEOPLE VOTING TALAH

CMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON
I'll go there if I have to.
Kappa
Just Monika
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:04 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 880, Juls wrote:
In post 877, farside22 wrote:Papa zito: who are your scum reads exactly?
Back at you farside. I mean, I have read you as town most of the game but I admit I might have started skimming your posts at some point based on that fact. A summary and reasons would be nice.

Zito
Qwints
Bro
Oversoul (yes I'm still scum reading him)

Since my son and DIL took over both computers can you tell me who zito thinks is scum since he refused to awnser.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:07 am

Post by talah »

In post 879, Juls wrote:
In post 876, talah wrote:Why do you think I'm scum?
Please explain who you think is scummy without mentioning their read on you.
Excuse me. Can you kindly back off and stop jumping in and preempting the validity of my questions and methods? Do YOU know why Venmar is voting me?

Do YOU know why Venmar is attempting to scream down a lynch on me?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:08 am

Post by farside22 »

Phone posting ISO search turned up this list from zito
1. KingdomAces
2. Talah
3. Aronis
Why is talah on this list?
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:09 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Why shouldn't talah be on that list.
Kappa
Just Monika
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:09 am

Post by Juls »

In post 883, talah wrote:Excuse me. Can you kindly back off and stop jumping in and preempting the validity of my questions and methods?
No. My question does not prevent Venmar from answering yours. Can you answer my question now?
Juls
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:09 am

Post by Papa Zito »

I'm not even sure why I'm bothering to engage you here, you went conclusion->evidence because you got insulted so there's really no point.
Kappa
Just Monika
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:10 am

Post by Juls »

And I have an idea while Venmar is voting you but I think he should answer your question himself.
Juls
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:14 am

Post by farside22 »

Sorry phone posting is going to cause multi posting.

The only post prior to the list from zito about talah was this post which is pretty terrible reaction to have towards a player explaining there feelings on the subject. Why is this defense bothersome?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:16 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 887, Papa Zito wrote:I'm not even sure why I'm bothering to engage you here, you went conclusion->evidence because you got insulted so there's really no point.

Not butt hurt at all. I'm making valid points while you dismiss everything I state as emotional.
Funny right. :roll:
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:39 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 885, Papa Zito wrote:Why shouldn't talah be on that list.

See here is my problem.
I find it scummy as shit to place some player as scum you barely said boo about that many people stated a scum read on.
Now why, you may ask but won't would I find that scummy.

It is easy to hide behind a vote and claim of scumminess in this game with this much noise and the majority will just ignore it or be too busy high fiving themselves while you continue to contribute next to nothing this game.

Next up explaining my scum read on Bro.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:01 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 207, BROseidon wrote:
In post 172, KingdomAces wrote:And how was I supposed to know that TIP was scum in the posts he was quoting? With that information though and his posts made since, I'll agree that he is looking town so far. Farside is currently a tertiary townread, because she seems town, but I have a bad record of calling people who are scumreading me town.
Classic example of missed town trajectory.

More votes here pls.
I don't get this at all.

In post 210, BROseidon wrote:You're right in that I'm intentionally leaving gaps in my logic, because a townie should be able to fill them in.
Players in general I don't see doing this. In fact I find myself head butting my desk because what players miss all the time.
In post 212, BROseidon wrote:What I'm saying is that a town position (i.e., not knowing alignments) inclines people to think about things in a certain way that scum are less inclined to think.

TIP's posts obviously came from scum-TIP because he quoted them in juxtaposition with the vote on Talah. It was almost 1am when I read TIP's post, and I got that immediately; I'd expect townies to get that fairly easily.

You didn't.

There's a gap, which implies that your knowledge of their alignments this game confused you about TIP's thought process.
Why is this scummy?
In post 420, BROseidon wrote:I'm just confused about why people aren't sheeping me on KA.
Not pushing it.
In post 801, BROseidon wrote:
In post 718, Brian Skies wrote:I can see why you're concerned about Bro because I am too. But I think it would be worthwhile to see if his activity picks up first. I just need to see more from him.
:/

If anyone thinks scum-me would execute this lurk, it's pretty bm to my scum game.
hey meta lets see.

In one game I noted you stated the following:
In post 351, BROseidon wrote:
In post 303, Drunken Lies wrote:Jiffy is town for 284. Dunno if he's right or not. Bro/desp: assume this, what do you come up with?
Basing a read on a single post is bad and you should feel bad, but I'll humor you.

It only changes the Jiffy-scum read.
Why is it that all I see you doing is taking one post from a player and riding it as scum?

Now that game you took mastin and just pushed and pushed and pushed and pushed, have I mentioned pushed your thoughts on him as one word responses and expected people to follow you that game.
I also looked at this game game where you stated it isn't alignment indicative of you pushing a player on something. Sounds like from the convo in that game it's most likely true.
So meta on you at this point is useless and I looked at the case.
Expecting a player to read between the lines is the biggest horse shit I have seen in my 7 years (seriously 7 someone shot me) as far as reason's to find a player scummy.
Can you point to where you see players get every thinly veiled comment posted in a game? And I do mean every player, not just a far few. I know you are aware of VI or those where any sort of logic fails to compute so why exactly is KA scummy for what you claim?

I mean can I just point out your logic that you state you have as a player?
Oh please!
In post 213, BROseidon wrote:Do you agree that townies can have bad logic, or generally just be bad?

Because that's a thing that happens sometimes. It's why my town winrate's only 60%
You were town that game and noted your own bad logic moments. So really again the case you have on KA is crap filled BS.

Sincerely

Farside
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:18 am

Post by Prof Fridays »

Okay, all caught up through today. Oof, I missed a bit.

So, yeah, yeah, I remember second-guessing myself about posting role speculation but I couldn't remember why that was not a thing at the time, so I posted it anyway. Sorry about that. The rust is real, haha.

@zMuffinMan Regarding #862-863 (I will save some space by refraining from quoting them), speaking wholly outside of the game about the game, there is a level of expectation about one's contributions in the thread and to the game when they join,
however
, there are things that come up that people have to deal with, since this is a game and real life issues take precedence. In terms of in-game, it's not a viable strategy to lynch lurkers just for the sake of their lurking without any sort of scum-suspicion - that's not conducive to winning the game as a townsperson. If I am certain talah is scum (which, to clarify, I am not certain, but consider), wouldn't it be better for town to lynch talah over any other conceivable option? Perhaps I'm taking your statements to an extreme, but when you're willing to sacrifice a town PR to simply lynch a lurker, that is ludicrous. At that point you're not playing the game, you're just trying to remove people from the game out of spite/contempt.

As far as this lynch trilemma (KA/talah/Venmar), as it seems to be, I'll ponder it further. I wouldn't mind a qwints lynch, myself, but that seems like it's off the table at this point. At any rate, VOTE: qwints. I don't see why I can't.
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

What if you knew way more about the game state Day 1?
THE LAB 4 is live!
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:19 am

Post by DeathNote »

vote: Qwints
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:24 am

Post by Papa Zito »

...wtf are these votes
Kappa
Just Monika
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:26 am

Post by Juls »

In post 895, Papa Zito wrote:...wtf are these votes
Juls
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:34 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

friday wrote:At that point you're not playing the game, you're just trying to remove people from the game out of spite/contempt.
correct

but i also think thinning the player list by removing useless people is a good thing for figuring out the rest of the game. there are less useless possible-scum-possible-town people to focus on and it forces scum to be active or risk being policy lynched. the fact that it punishes this sort of awful shit that kills games is just a bonus (which is nothing to do with advancing my win con, just personal spite/contempt)
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:36 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

and i think people value PRs too much, but that's another issue altogether
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:47 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 897, zMuffinMan wrote:
friday wrote:At that point you're not playing the game, you're just trying to remove people from the game out of spite/contempt.
correct

but i also think thinning the player list by removing useless people is a good thing for figuring out the rest of the game. there are less useless possible-scum-possible-town people to focus on and it forces scum to be active or risk being policy lynched. the fact that it punishes this sort of awful shit that kills games is just a bonus (which is nothing to do with advancing my win con, just personal spite/contempt)
I'm starting to think posting anything is useless when it gets ignored anyways.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”