Micro 310: Shitty Joke Smalltown II (game over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:00 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

I apologize for active lurking, but I felt I would screw it up if I started posting. And I had no motivation what so ever to catch up that late when I saw that Tier was close to lynch. It might be an excuse but I'm not reading a game that was going to finish in 3-4 days. Had I replaced in when I sent my pm, I would have reread.

I feel bad about it, sorry :/

Congrats to Brian, though, he played a solid game.
Eek
!
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:02 am

Post by N »

Quick/Private Topics

Mod
Mafia
Dead
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:05 am

Post by N »

In post 825, My Milked Eek wrote:It might be an excuse but I'm not reading a game that was going to finish in 3-4 days. Had I replaced in when I sent my pm, I would have reread.
Sorry about that. My internet stopped working for two days and then when I got it back I had a million things to catch up on and I didn't check to see if the message had sent properly. The worst part is that I've made that same mistake before in another game.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:06 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

No worries, I'm not pointing fingers ;)
Eek
!
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:01 am

Post by Mitillos »

@Brian: You were absolutely right (in the Mafia thread). From D2 onwards, I was going to protect farside throughout.

What I still don't get is why no one considered PrivateI for lynching. He was very very scummy. And even Brian was less towny than Tier and absta, who were the only two people actually considered for lynching on D3.

Anyway, congratulations to Brian and MME.
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:02 am

Post by Mitillos »

Oh, also, which of you was the one trying to figure me out by checking my blog? :P
options
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:18 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

Smart way to have us check out your blog.
Eek
!
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:32 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

Btw, you can find his blog here: http://mathematicalinterludes.blogspot.com/.
Eek
!
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:46 am

Post by absta101 »

Well, game was hard. Good job Brian.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:46 am

Post by Brian Skies »

My thoughts on this game from a scum perspective (sorry if it's really long):

Mitillos - Doctor
Micc - 1-Shot Bulletproof
farside22 - Doublevoter
TierShift - Vanilla
Yiley - Even-Night Cop
Aj The Epic/Jklash - Mailman
absta101 - Hammerer

Meek/PI - Treestump
Brian Skies - 1-Shot Global Roleblocker

I felt the way the alignments actually fell, this was pretty townsided. However, the loss of your only investigative role because he was being essentially useless swung it back heavily into my favor. I actually found it weird that people were trying to lynch Yiley because his lurking was alignment indicative and PI's wasn't. I actually wanted nothing to do with the Yiley wagon and I'm sorry that had to happen. If I were given the choice to compromise between the two as town, I would have chosen PI because if we had been wrong, at worst we would have lost a town vote but would still have kept a town voice. I also think we should have been able to force replace Yiley. Seeing a town cop get lynched Day 1 because of lurking kind of ruins how much I fought for this because it does swing the game towards the scumteams favor. The roleblocker was useless to me as town and I burned it on Night 1 just to get rid of it (the cop was the only person I could roleblock and with him gone, the ability was useless to me). Going into Day 2, the set-up was basically:

Mitillos - Doctor
Micc - 1-Shot Bulletproof
farside22 - Doublevoter
TierShift - Vanilla
Aj The Epic/Jklash - Vanilla
absta101 - Hammerer

Meek/PI - Treestump
Brian Skies - Mafia Goon

And I think that's scumsided or pretty close to it. Especially when I avoided the blowblack from the Yiley wagon (thanks to PI for taking a bullet for the team, but why is this a thing?). It's like, if you're going to hammer somebody as scum, don't make it painfully obvious you're scum and draw attention to yourself. I guess it can be argued that the set-up ended up being 6 townies vs 1 scum double-voter by Day 2. Which is pretty dumb.

The beginning of the game, I was actually messing around with the private QT I was given for daytalk (and I think I found a bug at the time) and wasn't actually paying attention to the game (hence the set-up spec and complete lack of pretending to scumhunt). I didn't really trust it a whole lot, otherwise there would have been a lot more posting in there.

For Farside:
In post 326, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 320, Nachomamma8 wrote:This game would probably suck less if more people were voting who I'm voting.
Let me help you out with that then.

VOTE: Celebloki

@Nacho: How long do you plan on sitting on your Celebloki wagon? Don't you think we'd have better success pressuring those outside the townblock first?
I did actually appease scum Nacho as town before I signed up for this game. I just couldn't defend it in this game because the other one was still ongoing. So I don't know if appeasement is a scumtell for me (and I think I typically hit a lot of scumtells when I roll town anyways). I also wasn't even trying to appease the people in this game to begin with, so there's that too.

I agree with AJ that Mafia is majorly defined by people trying to manipulate other people. And I don't find manipulation in general to be a scumtell and didn't even push his mislynch for it (I think I pushed some bullshit about him possibly WK'ing Tier). I was already planning on lynching Jklash, but your entrance into this game terrified me and I thought it was better to get rid of you before you had a chance to figure the scumteam out. I hope you can forgive me for that, but as far as I was concerned, I had seen enough from you and you had to go! It literally went from lynching Jklash because I thought I could mislynch him to lynching AJ because I needed to nip the new threat in the bud.

Tier, your play was pretty townish this game and I really only sided with Farside/Absta because 1) I needed Absta alive so I could lynch him down the road, 2) they were making the case for me and it was the quickest path to victory for me, 3) somebody had to be scum that wasn't me/PI, and 4) your biggest ally (Micc) didn't have much towncred going for him. Farside was also a double-voter and I wasn't in the mood this game to oppose her power and instead opted to working with her.

Mit died N2 because I needed him to die so I could NK the DV (who was my biggest target after the cop). Also, he was townreading Farside and I knew he was most likely going to protect her. Otherwise I might have taken a chance at killing off Farside first.

Micc was right about a lot of things regarding the set-up spec and the scum-team wanting to keep Absta alive (which is something I really only considered after Micc brought it up). The policy lynch against Absta on Day 1 wasn't great and destroyed a lot of your towncred, and I think had you avoided it entirely people may have listened to you more.

All in all, I feel that (for the large part), the players in this game played really well. You all had suspicions on PI and me all game, I just don't think anyone actually tied us together. I was somewhat serious about bussing PI at the end of Day 1 because I actually thought it would improve my chances of winning (we were both at the low end of the towncred totem pole). Day 2 I changed my mind because I didn't want to give you guys a free flip and thought it would just be more work to fight off an extra mislynch.

Thanks again for the game, N. I appreciated playing with the people in this playerslist and wouldn't mind seeing you guys in future games. And I'd love to take your offer in the future Meek. I'll be keeping an eye out for you and thanks for helping me win this one.
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:22 am

Post by Mitillos »

@Brian: The most suspicious thing you did was not pick up your attack on PrivateI on D2 (as I mentioned before). If more people were in favour of his lynch, that might have helped tie you to him, after his flip. Sadly, PrivateI lurked the game away with impunity.
options
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:25 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 835, Mitillos wrote:@Brian: The most suspicious thing you did was not pick up your attack on PrivateI on D2 (as I mentioned before). If more people were in favour of his lynch, that might have helped tie you to him, after his flip. Sadly, PrivateI lurked the game away with impunity.
Kind of hard to pick up my attack when I was actually trying to set him him up as lynchbait.

But I do agree that had people been more in favor of lynching the scummy treestump, I could have been tied to him. But I did go from bussing him, to WK'ing him, to completely ignoring the slot as it lurked the game away.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:45 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

Man, I had the funniest things lined up to do as a scum treestump.
Eek
!
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:30 pm

Post by Mitillos »

@Eek: Like what? Make bullshit claims about who your partner was?

If you think about it, the most you could have done would be to cause doubt in people. But people would know your alignment and (hopefully) treat your words as unreliable at best.

@Brian: Well, in any case, you guys certainly outplayed the town. Your victory was well-deserved. Although, if I had the slightest idea how to convince people to sheep me, things might have gone very differently.
options
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:10 pm

Post by Micc »

Well, I'm glad this one is finally over. I don't think its any secret that I had a hard time getting invested in this game. I thought I would enjoy the smalltown format a lot more than I did. When it came down to it I never felt comfortable because I couldn't ignore the roles enough to scumhunt properly. I thought the setup was really well done, and the modding was excellent, so great job N. (I wouldn't have given us those deadline extensions either. We were pretty lurkey all the way around.)

I was almost certainly voting absta today, so there isn't really any regret there. If Eek kept up the active lurking I might have switched there, but who knows. I don't think we were ever getting Brian, even though I kinda had feelings it might be him. Either way Brian played well and earned that win. I wasn't really sure what to do with Farside by the end. I probably would have shrugged off the stuff I saw early day three if she wouldn't have gotten so defensive about it. I wish I would have been stronger with my Tiershift read. I let other players' reads effect my own, and ended up suspecting him despite not really knowing why.

Kind of silly the way we ended up with four townies pointing fingers at each other at the end. I suppose it means scum played well, and we didn't. Congrats to Brian and Eek. Thanks again for the game N!
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 4:36 am

Post by quadz08 »

:nerd:
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”