ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:45 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Just checking in to say I'm still here. Had a bit of a pile up of work and social stuff recently. Will catchup what I've missed and post soon.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:45 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Just checking in to say I'm still here. Had a bit of a pile up of work and social stuff recently. Will catchup what I've missed and post soon.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:25 pm

Post by ZZZX »

In post 746, pidgey wrote:Can we fucking lynch Rufflig i bet my ass he is scum.
Can you calm down and see we are catching some interesting facts? No need to end the day until we get all info of this day
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:57 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 676, jklash12 wrote:I shot Aronis and I am town. I shot because I honestly thought he had a good chance of being scum because my previous game with him he was a lot more active was trying to find scum unlike this game.
Ok. Are you obliged to shoot every day?

Also why shoot aronis when you were voting pidgey?

Also why claim now?
In post 711, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 643, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 634, Nero Cain wrote:Just quickly, everyone poo-pooing the Aronis kill as a bad kill is either dumb or scum.
Why is this?
Mainly 'cause I suspected Aronis and I was wrong but I don't think it was stupid of me to suspect Aronis. The guy had shit all for content and he "hoped" onto a SRS bandwagon without being caught up which seems like scum motivation. Though he was ALREADY voting Ruf but I didn't realize that till an ISO.
Not necessarily the target, but the timing and circumstance of the shot were sub-optimal (and the target, now that I think about it).
In post 730, vezokpiraka wrote:
In post 729, PeregrineV wrote:Why am I missing the whole Rufflig=scum thing? Did he slip and post his role PM or something?
All his posts scream of scum.
Cautious scum and way too thoughtful. There is literally no town emotion coming from him.
Can I get more than this, possibly examples? Because to be honest I feel like there's entirely too little resistance to the rufflig wagon and its making me uneasy about it.
(edit: there does seem to be some resistance to the rufflig wagon, mainly after this post^, but I'd still like to see some reasons)

I like mozamis 737. I feel scum would have just kept their vote on beast rather than switching to someone else like universal slut.
In post 743, UnfriendlyNeighbors wrote:
In post 742, Josh_B wrote: If SqG is on
one of the Mafia teams
, do you think the "Pidgey scum hunting right out of the gate" comment was an indicator that Pidgey's displaced vote was spot on.
Quick Quesiton for anyone that cares to answer. Has multiball been confirmed?

Because if not we're powerlynching the fuck out of Josh_B right now.
This is often a handy tell.

@ josh: can you point out where you think someone said it was Jason's MO to have two scumteams?
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:14 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 486, pidgey wrote:Just a quick note since im at work and on phone, but i've played other jason themed super hero games.

DC universe for example.

And scum always had a fake claim. So i'd go with the idea that they wouuld have fake claims here too. For all we know, there could be 2 scum teams too, since many jason games of this size i played had 2 scum teams (DC universe, WWE 1.0, WWE 2.0)
Here is where I was able to find it. All of the conversation plus and minus a page is here. I think Yates was the first one to mention it earlier in the DP.
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:55 am

Post by Kid A »

In post 725, Yates wrote:
In post 708, Squirrel Girl wrote:I'm not sure what Yates has even done
How do you feel about having a "double voter" drone? And how do you feel about that drone being Kid A?
In post 674, Kid A wrote:ok i have decided that Squirrel Girl is a doublevoter for the rest of day 1
how do you feel?
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:16 am

Post by Yates »

In post 755, Kid A wrote:
In post 725, Yates wrote:
In post 708, Squirrel Girl wrote:I'm not sure what Yates has even done
How do you feel about having a "double voter" drone? And how do you feel about that drone being Kid A?
In post 674, Kid A wrote:ok i have decided that Squirrel Girl is a doublevoter for the rest of day 1
how do you feel?
I feel like you are trying to absolve yourself of responsibility for your vote. And that's bad.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:33 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Day 1 Votecount 9

The Ruffling 5 - pidgey,BulbaFenix,Josh_B,Chandra Nalaar,vezokpiraka,
Josh B 2 - Aunt Jemina,ZZZX,
Yates 2 - Squirrel Girl,Kid A,
UniversalSlutBus 1 - mozamis,
Mozamis 1 - UniversalSlutBus,

Not Voting

Yates
The Rufflig
Nero Cain
jklash12
PeregrineV
Umbrage
Mutleyddmc
ThAdmiral
pappums rat
ArcAngel9
beastcharizard
UnfriendlyNeighbors (Mac/Cabd Hydra)
displaced

Prods sent out

displaced
Aunt J
Mutleyddmc

With 24 alive it takes 13 to lynch.

(expired on 2014-05-02 13:08:05)

till Day 1 Deadline
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:23 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

I forgot to note - pappums rat has asked to be replaced
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:24 am

Post by pidgey »

This game has way too many lurkers.
-----------------
Sup
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:32 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 734, UniversalSlutBus wrote:Fair enough if you disagree with the vote I guess, didn't disagree enough to say anything at the time?
JKM made it fairly clear that there wasn't anything worth commenting on. Up to that point the thread was basically just a shitfight between Squirrel and Yates.
I'm not sure I see what's scummy in saying that he is likely going to be fairly inactive. Is it the inactivity that's bothering you or the head's up that he's going to be inactive?
I don't comment on every vote made. I might if I feel like I have something to say. If I comment or not,the action taken may affect my reads.

I don't care about Limited Access. I find thread-shitting (or more accurately, complaining about a mafia game in terms of it's players, activity, content etc.) to be very popular among scum. It allows them to minimize their activity (because they hate the thread) until they need to come back in. It's like a license to lurk (because the thread confuses them), and I feel like your statement was a setup for than sort of behavior.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:37 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 735, pidgey wrote:I think a better question for peregrine is why do you think UniversalSlot is scum? I dont really have a read there.
I usually, correctly or incorrectly, hold hydras to a higher standard of posting quantity.

UniversalSlutBus and UnfiendlyNeighbors both have 12-13 posts between 4 players.

That always concerns me.

What about your Unfriendly read?

And is your Universal read based on null posts, or posting that leans town and scum?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:42 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 754, Josh_B wrote:
In post 486, pidgey wrote:Just a quick note since im at work and on phone, but i've played other jason themed super hero games.

DC universe for example.

And scum always had a fake claim. So i'd go with the idea that they wouuld have fake claims here too. For all we know, there could be 2 scum teams too, since many jason games of this size i played had 2 scum teams (DC universe, WWE 1.0, WWE 2.0)
Here is where I was able to find it. All of the conversation plus and minus a page is here. I think Yates was the first one to mention it earlier in the DP.
That was mentioned 300 posts before . Why would you word it that way based on a single post 15 pages before?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:19 am

Post by pidgey »

In post 761, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 735, pidgey wrote:I think a better question for peregrine is why do you think UniversalSlot is scum? I dont really have a read there.
I usually, correctly or incorrectly, hold hydras to a higher standard of posting quantity.
UniversalSlutBus and UnfiendlyNeighbors both have 12-13 posts between 4 players.
That always concerns me.
What about your Unfriendly read?
And is your Universal read based on null posts, or posting that leans town and scum?
Universal read is more like i have kinda skimmed his posts and not put a lot of attention to him. Not much of what he has said has stood up for me, mostly because its hard to be focusing on so many segments in such a large game, at least for me, and with the busy week i've had since saturday.

Unfriendly looks townish, even if a little too safe at times, wish he'd gave more stand out points.
-----------------
Sup
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:25 am

Post by PeregrineV »

@pidgey- you can ISO them. They don't have much words. The posts are big-looking because they quote.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:27 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 710, UnfriendlyNeighbors wrote:Cabdhead is gonna datamine this and catch up officially tomorrow, so hold me to it.
OK.

Vote: UnfriendlyNeighbors
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
BulbaFenix
BulbaFenix
Goon
BulbaFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:27 am

Post by BulbaFenix »

In post 763, pidgey wrote: Unfriendly looks townish, even if a little too safe at times, wish he'd gave more stand out points.
That's the problem. I have a hard time believing that Cabd as town would be playing it safe.

-Bulba
Hydra of Bulbazak and Eddie Fenix.

Embrace the dissonance.
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/any

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:29 am

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

Why Beastcharizard is Scum
by Chandra Nalaar
Mrs. Mafia
3rd Grade Social Studies
April 23, 2014

In post 586, beastcharizard wrote:
In post 582, Chandra Nalaar wrote:I don't think that post is particularly alignment indicative, anyone can construct a rational argument that describes exactly what just happened, though perhaps not in so articulate a fashion. I am starting to lean town on Yates though.
How do you catch scum then if it isn't based on how they post? I am a little confused.

@Person who asked me about ZZZX:

He didn't say it was for info until later from what I recall. Also him saying: "I am playing badly to test everyone." just looks absolutely horrible to me. It is an easy excuse to use when you realize you have messed up. I know town do it sometimes too but it is just an excuse for bad play and at this time I think it is coming from scum because he uses that excuse to cover everything he had done to that point and not just a single thing.
I claim that one post is not alignment indicative, and get "how do you catch scum if it isn't based on how they post". This obviously is ludicrous.
In post 590, beastcharizard wrote:
In post 587, Umbrage wrote:
In post 582, Chandra Nalaar wrote:I don't think that post is particularly alignment indicative, anyone can construct a rational argument that describes exactly what just happened, though perhaps not in so articulate a fashion. I am starting to lean town on Yates though.
How do you catch scum then if it isn't based on how they post? I am a little confused.
LOOK AT THIS

LOOK AT THIS SCUM BULLSHIT

"I don't think this post is very useful" = "I DON'T CATCH SCUM BASED ON POSTING" APPARENTLY

I MEAN SERIOUSLY IS IT POSSIBLE TO MAKE A MORE USELESSLY BANAL INTERPRETATION?

so yup I'm fully on the beastcharizard wagon now

VOTE: beastcharizard

Squirrel can wait
Now, what are you going to call that comment when I flip town? Also, what do you think of what I said about ZZZX and what is your general opinion on that slot? I don't remember you saying anything about them so your opinion would be greatly appreciated.
This is where it gets better. First of all, our reaction to ONE VOTE is appealing to shame. And then asking the person who voted him to look at something else that has figuratively nothing to do with anything, which looks to me like an attempt to distract him with shiny things, followed by thinly veiled flattery (oh your opinion is soooo important despite the fact that you are currently using it to call me scum- I would expect a town mindset to write this off)
In post 650, beastcharizard wrote:When I found out it was a daykill my mind went to compulsive or D1 only shot. It the role is town then D1 only would be powerful but quite a two-sided blade. The compulsive would be as less of a two-sided blade though but IIRC if you don't use a compulsive thing your target is chosen randomly which would be a bad thing since Town should outnumber scum.

@Chandra/Umbrage:

Can you tell me how I am obvious scum? Umbrage I think you are upset I voted you and Chandra I think you are just sheeping Umbrage. So clarification would be fantastic. If you won't do it for me do it for the actual town people whom you are trying to trick into mislynching me.
But wait, there's more! Now we're attributing reasons for Umbrage's vote and my own; Umbrage's vote is now OMGUS (even though 587 very clearly spells out why Umbrage is voting for beast). And apparently I am "just sheeping Umbrage" which implies that I'm town honestly following another's opinion, BUT WE THEN PROCEED TO PLAY THE VICTIM CARD AND CALL ME SCUM. Also, the very sentence "
If you won't do it for me do it for the actual town people
whom you are trying to trick into mislynching me
" is massive cognitive dissonance. Break it down:
Green: Assumption that I am town and want to do things for the benefit of town players.
Blue: Assumption that I am scum and trying to lead town astray.
In post 741, beastcharizard wrote:Chandra completely avoided my question on why they think I am scum. They just said they would get back to me. It seems like they need to search for some BS reason to call me scum since they don't remember why they thought I was scum originally and they can't look dumb going back on their read.
And now I supposedly need to search for some BS reason, even though according to you a few posts ago I was supposedly sheeping Umbrage (oh, I'm also full blown scum now for no discernible reason??).
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:31 am

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

In conclusion, lynch this shit and please give me an A on this report.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:05 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 762, PeregrineV wrote: That was mentioned 300 posts before . Why would you word it that way based on a single post 15 pages before?
Because it didn't occur to me how to use the information at the time.
Because I hadn't reread the DP yet.
Because my association reads weren't lining up with my scum reads.
Considering the possibility of two scum teams made more sense when reading minor players and questionable posts that contradicted with the patterns of other players.
Occam's Razor
I don't know what to call the scum teams yet. I have it in my notes as Team1 and Team2. (NO I won't show you my notes. They'll probably get me killed +we only get one lynch per day and I've probably already said too much).
Publicly disclosing certain suspicions is a way to confirm or deny those suspicions based on the reactions of other players. i.e. my methods of scumhunting.
Is your concern over me suspecting two teams, or is it over the people I've FoS'd? And why draw attention away from the FoS'd suspects? Do you not find the FoS's adequate enough to prove the likelyhood of my suspicion?
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:26 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 767, Chandra Nalaar wrote:
Why Beastcharizard is Scum
by Chandra Nalaar
Mrs. Mafia
3rd Grade Social Studies
April 23, 2014

In post 650, beastcharizard wrote:When I found out it was a daykill my mind went to compulsive or D1 only shot. It the role is town then D1 only would be powerful but quite a two-sided blade. The compulsive would be as less of a two-sided blade though but IIRC if you don't use a compulsive thing your target is chosen randomly which would be a bad thing since Town should outnumber scum.

@Chandra/Umbrage:

Can you tell me how I am obvious scum? Umbrage I think you are upset I voted you and Chandra I think you are just sheeping Umbrage. So clarification would be fantastic. If you won't do it for me do it for the actual town people whom you are trying to trick into mislynching me.
But wait, there's more! Now we're attributing reasons for Umbrage's vote and my own; Umbrage's vote is now OMGUS (even though 587 very clearly spells out why Umbrage is voting for beast). And apparently I am "just sheeping Umbrage" which implies that I'm town honestly following another's opinion, BUT WE THEN PROCEED TO PLAY THE VICTIM CARD AND CALL ME SCUM. Also, the very sentence "
If you won't do it for me do it for the actual town people
whom you are trying to trick into mislynching me
" is massive cognitive dissonance. Break it down:
Green: Assumption that I am town and want to do things for the benefit of town players.
Blue: Assumption that I am scum and trying to lead town astray.
The "actual" town? This part seems legit. Good catch Chandra. The rest of it.. Hmm? Not something I'm willing to explore at the moment. The DP only has room for one lynch at a time.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:37 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

My apologies. I was under the impression I had posted Tuesday. I am a ways back and shall catch up this evening.
Have a cookie. It makes everything better.
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:05 am

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

Ah, yeah, there's the "actual town" as well, as opposed to himself. I noticed that but didn't think it was worth mentioning.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:10 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 769, Josh_B wrote:
In post 762, PeregrineV wrote: That was mentioned 300 posts before . Why would you word it that way based on a single post 15 pages before?
Considering the possibility of two scum teams made more sense when reading minor players and questionable posts that contradicted with the patterns of other players.
Occam's Razor
I don't know what to call the scum teams yet. I have it in my notes as Team1 and Team2. (NO I won't show you my notes. They'll probably get me killed +we only get one lynch per day and I've probably already said too much).
Publicly disclosing certain suspicions is a way to confirm or deny those suspicions based on the reactions of other players. i.e. my methods of scumhunting.
Is your concern over me suspecting two teams, or is it over the people I've FoS'd? And why draw attention away from the FoS'd suspects? Do you not find the FoS's adequate enough to prove the likelyhood of my suspicion?
Games of this size can have 2 teams. But, until a scumflip of Mafia A or Blue Mafia or some distinguishing characteristic, the general assumption is only one team.
Why?
Because town can't really do anything about it, until they know, and maybe not even then.
So, if you had said that because the 2-team discussion was fresh on your mind, then I get it.
But it seemed more in the nature of a slip.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:26 am

Post by PeregrineV »

specifics-
In post 769, Josh_B wrote:
That was my question. How did it pop into your brain at post 742, "2 teams! Squirrrel is on one!"
DP? Death post? What info in it points to 2 teams?
Reads are reads not facts. Not sure how associations not lining up lead to "2 teams!" and not "my scumreads might be wrong".
No flips except a VT. No patterns exist except between unknown players and a single town player. Not getting this.
Occam's Razor
Simplest reason? I'm asking why it came up in your brain at post 742. I don't see evidence of it.
This is the first we are hearing that you suspect multiball.
Yes, I get that. If you are looking for scum, makes sense. If you are looking for scum on the other team, then that makes you scum.
Is your concern over me suspecting two teams, or is it over the people I've FoS'd? And why draw attention away from the FoS'd suspects?

The two teams thing. Don't know who you have FoS'ed.
Since my attention wasn't on your suspects, I doubt it's moving away from them. Plus multitaksing FTW.
Do you not find the FoS's adequate enough to prove the likelyhood of my suspicion?
Umm, no? Not sure what this means in relation to my question.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”