Sefer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:16 pm

Post by Sefer »

Ahh, I love being misrespresented.
IH wrote:
FoS:Sefer
I don't like this post at all. He seemed to have come out with a strong rebuttal about Twito's statement, when Twito was just being Twito. It just seems like being overdefensive, and seems like he's trying to eliminate all possibilities of him being scum.
Twito wasn't the only one who thought it pointed at me being the one who didn't kill, though I can't remember who else did since it got lost in the crash. I don't see why a bad argument made by Twito means I shouldn't point out that it was a bad argument, though.
Also, your last sentence directly contradicts me saying there's not enough to clear me. There are scenarios under which I could be scum (Thok pointed out a couple); there are just more scenarios that explain the missing kill in a different way.
IH wrote:
First off, he seems to completely ignore the possibility of a second scum group, but look at the part that I bolded.
The mafia missed it's kill, and then he seems to try and infer the only other person who would kill would be a vig, with the godfather comment.
I didn't mention another group because we don't have any reason to believe there is one yet; that'd certainly be changed if someone from a second group dies. You're misrepresenting me when you say I was infering only vigs would kill; I said we have a vig or CES blocked a kill. I should have specifically stated that I meant SK there.
IH wrote:
Then he votes for Hackerhuck? Why? There was no wagon, it was pretty much Thok throwing on a vote and saying "I want a Hackerhuck Wagon."
That's why I voted. There were some interesting reactions to the vote coming up (lost now, alas). HH hasn't really given me much to read him on, other than one very badly thought out argument, and I wouldn't mind pressure on him so that he might give us more to go on when judging him.

I will be moving this weekend (those of you in games with me when I last moved, back in December, may understand why this is frustrating). I have an appointment to get internet access set up Monday, so I don't think my absence will affect this game too much, but I thought you should know.
[url=http://www.greylabyrinth.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?p=419266]Sign up for theHeroes Mafia Mega at Grey Labyrinth[/url]
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:16 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

I'm not sure that we can come to any conclusion about Twito's role and how it impacts our various flavors of cop yet. Although Zindaras' theory seems a bit awkward in practice, it is the only one besides Twito's that seems to make sense when we look at how it applies to other night abilities. I would find it hard to believe that his boosting ability only applied to our two claimed cops. Another more remote possibility is that Twito's role is not always 100% effective. That kind of fits in with the game, where the chutes and ladders are all of varying lengths.

Twito - I can't recall exactly why you claimed in the first place.

I'm still alright with sticking to the initial group that Ectomancer identified, until we get some more information regarding the potential sanity of the cops. That has me looking most at Kison or DoS.

I can't say I really understand why Thok felt I was avoiding conflict, nor how I appear to "know too much" about night actions. Sefer's reasoning is even more puzzling. What is my one badly thought out argument?
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:47 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Hey Huck why do you feel I'm potentially scum?
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:21 am

Post by Glork »

Day Three: The Fourth Vote Count:

Kison 5 (IH, Jalyn, DragonsofSummer, Ectomancer, Fritzler)
Sefer 2 (Twito, Zindaras)
HackerHuck 1 (Sefer)

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:40 am

Post by Ectomancer »

unvote Kison
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:20 am

Post by Jalyn »

Twito's boost can't allow a second target, given the information he listed. The targetted person is not told that they were affected - being asked for a second target would be telling them that they were affected, wouldn't it?
Ectomancer wrote:
unvote Kison
Any reason?
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:46 pm

Post by Nightfall »

I've never really understood the motivator role (the one that allows a player to use their ability twice). Would the player know about / get to decide who the 2nd person they used there power on was?
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:10 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Jalyn wrote:Twito's boost can't allow a second target, given the information he listed. The targetted person is not told that they were affected - being asked for a second target would be telling them that they were affected, wouldn't it?
Ectomancer wrote:
unvote Kison
Any reason?
Makes sense to me, Im still not sold on what that boost does or doesnt do.

Same song, 2nd verse.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:14 am

Yeah but Ecto if you still kind of believe his claim why vote him at all today?
FoS:Ecto
-Tyler Durden
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:29 am

Post by Thok »

That's weird. I didn't think Ecto's post actually address Jalyn's question.

(I'm here. I know I've been not paying attention to this game. I'm actually up for a Kison lynch given the discussion of his Battle Mage interaction, and I'd like to see him make the massive PBPA type thing he's suggested he'd be willing to do.)
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:28 pm

He was voting Kison before (yesterday or the day before) and unvoted because he said he believed Kison's claim. So I'm assuming, and it could be incorrect, that that is what his line about same song, second verse is about.
-Tyler Durden
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:41 am

Post by Ectomancer »

It's called waffling.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:29 pm

Post by Twito »

I'm still on vacation till 6tyh of May,
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]
I'm at M├â┬®xico as an exhange student and abit inactive.

thesheamuffin: I'm off to masterbate
Uber Timmy: CAN YOU PLAY ONE HANDED
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:13 am

Post by Thesp »

Still here, still happiest with a Kison lynch. Sefer can wait until tomorrow (unless a vig feels so inclined).
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:39 am

Post by Thok »

This games sems to have stalled significantly.
vote Kison
, paritally to get it moving again and paritally because of the comments Thesp made about the early BM-Frustian interaction.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:39 pm

Post by Glork »

Thok wrote:This games sems to have stalled significantly.
I agree. That means it's time for a bunch of modprods!

Deadline is pending how my own life shakes down in the next week. I am uncertain of my activity, what with graduation and moving coming up in the near future, but until then I don't really feel comfortable putting in a deadline right now.

Also, if I actually anticipate being away for a significant period of time, Primate has agreed to step in to keep an eye on things: Vote Counts, possibly modprods if necessary. If the game goes to night, still send night choices to me; I still anticipate being able to get on-site every couple of days or so.

Prodding everybody who hasn't posted since April 25:
1. Zindaras
2. Sefer (replaces olio D2)
6. IH (replaces WldHrtCgd08 D1)
7. Fritzler
10. Kison (replaces Frustian D1)
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:50 pm

Post by Kison »

Prod received. Still here. Waiting to be lynched. That is all.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:43 pm

Post by IH »

Sefer wrote:Twito wasn't the only one who thought it pointed at me being the one who didn't kill, though I can't remember who else did since it got lost in the crash. I don't see why a bad argument made by Twito means I shouldn't point out that it was a bad argument, though.
Also, your last sentence directly contradicts me saying there's not enough to clear me. There are scenarios under which I could be scum (Thok pointed out a couple); there are just more scenarios that explain the missing kill in a different way
no, it was the way you pointed it out. I felt like it was an overly large reaction to a standard Twito accusation.
Sefer wrote:That's why I voted. There were some interesting reactions to the vote coming up (lost now, alas). HH hasn't really given me much to read him on, other than one very badly thought out argument, and I wouldn't mind pressure on him so that he might give us more to go on when judging him.
So... just to put pressure on someone out of the blue? I just don't think that right now was the best time to do it, as it looked like you were essentially hopping on a random wagon.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:47 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Kison wrote:Prod received. Still here. Waiting to be lynched. That is all.
same thing
Surfs up dude.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:27 am

Ectomancer wrote:It's called waffling.
Well I find it rather scummy in this instance. Still I'm much happier with a Kison lynch today.
-Tyler Durden
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:08 pm

Post by Nightfall »

Nightfall wrote:I've never really understood the motivator role (the one that allows a player to use their ability twice). Would the player know about / get to decide who the 2nd person they used there power on was?
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:09 pm

Post by IH »

Well there's different types of motivators...

some boost your role and let you do something uber special, some give you like a one shot intrinsic ability (Such as NK immune, double voter, unlynchable)

Probably if your role was boosted you wouldn't be told, or if you got some kind of ability where you didn't have to make a choice.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:18 pm

Post by Thesp »

Kill the Kison, Kill the Kison, Kill the Kison, Kill him dead!
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Sefer
Sefer
Goon
Sefer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 4:23 am

Post by Sefer »

Sefer wrote:
HackerHuck wrote:What are the odds that someone will claim a "Euro-Game" now?

Apparently not good...
This always seemed a pretty poor argument to me. "If we figure out the scum's theme, they won't make claims that belong to that theme!" The scum know what their theme is already; once they had some townies dead to see what was normal for us, if they were all eurogames, I think they probably figured out that Die Macher would be a bad claim before I said anything.
IH wrote:So... just to put pressure on someone out of the blue? I just don't think that right now was the best time to do it, as it looked like you were essentially hopping on a random wagon.
In that, unless you count Thok's vote during the crash, there was no one else voting him, I don't see how you can characterize it as hopping on a wagon. I wouldn't mind turning it into a wagon. In that the only person people seem to be looking at is someone I'm not currently convinced is scum, I don't see what else I would do than vote someone in the hopes that people would look at him and, yes, pressure him into giving us more to go on.
[url=http://www.greylabyrinth.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?p=419266]Sign up for theHeroes Mafia Mega at Grey Labyrinth[/url]
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 9:13 am

Post by IH »

That's the point. There was nothing behind it, so you are essentially hopping onto a random person because you haven't gotten a read on them.

if you were going to do that to anyone, I'd say do it to DoS.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”