Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:43 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 499, zMuffinMan wrote:
kublai khan wrote:zMuffinMan is apparently soft-chainsawing me for pointing that out
you seem to be mixing up the timeline of events

i think you're scum here (and latching on to this "aronis is scum" stuff doesn't make me feel much better about you; it just means if we do lynch aronis and he does flip town, you've done absolutely nothing so far, and i'm going to force a lynch through on you tomorrow with the raging fury of a thousand suns). but i thought you were scum before you brought up this aronis stuff, so i dunno what your point about me "chainsawing" is

aronis could be scum, but him forgetting he was voting oversoul doesn't mean all that much to me other than he forgot he was voting oversoul, and that could be town derp or scum derp (either way it's derp)
1) Wait, how the hell do you have a scum-read on me? I've barely posted anything in this game.
2) It's more than just "forgetting" he was voting Oversoul. When called on it, he unvoted Oversoul and at no point did he throw a vote at me. I understand why you conclude that it's derp, but it's not town-derp.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:07 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

kublai khan wrote:1) Wait, how the hell do you have a scum-read on me? I've barely posted anything in this game.
correct
kublai khan wrote:2) It's more than just "forgetting" he was voting Oversoul. When called on it, he unvoted Oversoul and at no point did he throw a vote at me. I understand why you conclude that it's derp, but it's not town-derp.
then walk me through the scum motivation here
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:09 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 499, zMuffinMan wrote:sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, and i would never be sarcastic

i think your strategy is great. i just hope the scums aren't smart enough to kill you off N1 before you get a chance to destroy them!
;_;
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:30 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

kublai khan wrote:It's more than just "forgetting" he was voting Oversoul
also, if it was actually more than this (ignoring the fact that you voted him before he got "called on it"), why didn't you talk about it in 493? because this kinda just looks like you're adding whatever you can think of as an afterthought now
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 487, zMuffinMan wrote:
bulbazak wrote:I really hope this is your attempt at satire
?

i don't get it
I know. That's what saddens me.
In post 488, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 415, KingdomAces wrote:Brian, how are you sick of seeing me get mislynched when the only "game" we've played together was No Effort?
Meh. I was exaggerating. I've only seen you in No Effort, and despite my complete apathy at the time, I'm pretty sure my reads weren't half bad (despite only reading like the first 20 pages of that game). And I'm pretty sure I correctly read you as well.
That'd be hard to do, seeing as the game was automatic.
In post 488, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 416, Iecerint wrote:
In post 415, KingdomAces wrote:Brian, how are you sick of seeing me get mislynched when the only "game" we've played together was No Effort?
Scummy question.
Not really. I think it was extremely fair considering I've only played one game with him (I got mislynched for my lack of effort Day 1).
No one put any effort into it. That was kinda the point.

Brian could be scum.
In post 494, mnemonicdevice wrote:
In post 474, ActionDan wrote:Muffinman you are pretty cool. I hope I can trust you. Because you are very good at this game. Tell me. Am I voting for scum?. If you think he's town ways a better option?
“Muffinman, please confirm that I am voting for the right person. I don’t want to seem like the scum I am if I vote for the wrong person”
Another player who doesn't seem to understand satire.
In post 499, zMuffinMan wrote:it just means if we do lynch aronis and he does flip town, you've done absolutely nothing so far, and i'm going to force a lynch through on you tomorrow with the raging fury of a thousand suns
I would say this makes it more likely that Muffin is WKing Aronis, not chainsaw defending.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:47 pm

Post by Iecerint »

In post 499, zMuffinMan wrote:
iece wrote:townVenmar
remind me why you think venmar is town. afaict it's because he called oversoul town at some point and that's it?
Yep that was pretty much it.

Basically, there was an Oversoul post that I didn't pay much attention to because lots of Oversoul posts had been wordy and not super compelling, and then Venmar posted someone like yay Oversoul is town yippie or something, and then I read the Oversoul post in depth and got the same impression (not super strong, but I could see why someone reading critically could come to that conclusion). So it was that series of events that made me think he was town.

Someone (you?) said he was scum because they didn't have a sense of his reads really. I've only played with him a few times, and mostly on a different avatar, so I'm not associating him with those games very cleanly in my head, so if there are meta things that outweigh that, that's fine.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:12 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

bulba wrote:I would say this makes it more likely that Muffin is WKing Aronis, not chainsaw defending
i am confused at how you could have possibly read that as white knighting when i don't have (and didn't state) a town read on aronis, and what you quoted had nothing to do with aronis and everything to do with the lack of content from kublai khan
iece wrote:Basically, there was an Oversoul post that I didn't pay much attention to because lots of Oversoul posts had been wordy and not super compelling, and then Venmar posted someone like yay Oversoul is town yippie or something, and then I read the Oversoul post in depth and got the same impression (not super strong, but I could see why someone reading critically could come to that conclusion). So it was that series of events that made me think he was town
i don't _really_ understand how this led to a town read. :/

i mean, i get that you were skipping oversoul's posts and it made you go back and reread it and you thought it was a town post and so did venmar, but... this is where i'm missing something, i think? don't see how that led you to town-venmar
iece wrote:so if there are meta things that outweigh that, that's fine.
i dunno, you can call it a meta read, i guess, but i mean... he's given a town read on oversoul and like a town read on aronis so far and those are his total contributions to the game (unless i'm missing something?). if i had no knowledge of venmar, i'd probably still think there was something off
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:28 am

Post by Oversoul »

Muffin town
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:36 am

Post by zoraster »

Day 1

Agar ( 1 )
Iecerint
[/color]
(L - 12 )

Aronis ( 4 )
mnemonicdevice
PeregrineV
Oversoul
Kublai Khan
[/color]
(L - 9 )

KingdomAces ( 2 )
BROseidon
Papa Zito
[/color]
(L - 11 )

mnemonicdevice ( 3 )
KingdomAces
ActionDan
Brian Skies
[/color]
(L - 10 )

Oversoul ( 3 )
farside22
DeathNote
qwints
[/color]
(L - 10 )

Papa Zito ( 1 )
Bulbazak
[/color]
(L - 12 )

qwints ( 1 )
Venmar
[/color]
(L - 12 )

talah ( 2 )
TheIrishPope
DeltaWave
[/color]
(L - 11 )

TheIrishPope ( 2 )
talah
Agar
[/color]
(L - 11 )

PeregrineV ( 2 )
xReckonerX
Juls
[/color]
(L - 11 )

Venmar ( 1 )
zMuffinMan
[/color]
(L - 12 )

Not Voting ( 3 )
GuyInFreezer Prof Fridays Aronis

Total Votes ( 25 )

Needed to Lynch [ 13 ]

DeadlineDeadline is April 27 at 20:00 EDT --- Time Until Deadline: (expired on 2014-04-27 20:00:00)
Current Active Event:
Geography
Tomorrow's Event:
Double Action

Prodding Juls, Prof Fridays, DeathNote, qwints, TheIrishPope, BROseidon, and DeltaWave
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:43 am

Post by qwints »

Got the prod.

I hate KK's why me? post at 500. I'll catch up more after work.
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:53 am

Post by Prof Fridays »

Got prodded as well. I've been following along every day, but if I'm going to be quite honest I'm a little out of my depths for Day 1, seeing as I know none of anyone's tendencies/typical behaviors. The discussion seems to be already full of largely baseless conjecture, so it seems unproductive to throw my less-supported thoughts into the fray. I'm sure Day 2 I'll have more to say, but at this point, I'm kind of at a loss.
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

What if you knew way more about the game state Day 1?
THE LAB 4 is live!
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:04 am

Post by Venmar »

idk, am i supposed to sheep someone here?

i just think qwints is scum, help a bro out?
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:17 am

Post by Juls »

Responding to prod. Catching up now if my infant-son will allow it. :)
-------------------------------------
Juls
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:17 am

Post by Aronis »

In post 511, Venmar wrote:idk, am i supposed to sheep someone here?

You're supposed to post content and explain to me why you aren't scum OR you can just sheep me and we can lynch you.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:18 am

Post by Venmar »

or you can go stuff it up your bunghole aronis

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:20 am

Post by Aronis »

VOTE: Venmar
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:50 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 511, Venmar wrote:idk, am i supposed to sheep someone here?

I think his points thus far are very weak, didn't think the case he had on Juls is really alignment indictive, the point on you is really null, unless he see's scum typically naked vote, which he doesn't mention and then his thoughts on oversoul is broad and really just up to interptation.
What's your thoughts on PZ?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:39 am

Post by Venmar »

papa zito?

idk, i havent really read into him

TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:00 am

Post by TheIrishPope »

The prods are real.
My reads still stand.
just the tIP
"TiP has a silky, foreign voice"
- Varsoon
Come play Skype Mafia with us!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:01 am

Post by farside22 »

Here is why I think Papa zito is scummy

no reason why aronis is scum
Doesn't like the distractions from the wagon and doesn't explain anything prior to this post.

more push on weak player this time vig shot deathnote (another weak player[/url]

another weak case on another weak player

blah

more this is bad no reason

more vague

asking for details while not giving much of his own.
Just a peeve because I hate hypocrites

pointless question

weak player vote

pointless question and mudsling!

In regards to post 195 (somewhere in there) zito attack on KA about a joke that Zito made and asked:
zito wrote:Cuz jokes are funny. Do you jokes?
this is a pretty pointless question. How would KA know that a player is joking. People post on this site and humor is a hard thing for anyone to get.
And in post 216 he accuses KA of pushing humor as a scum tell, which KA did not push as a scum tell.

In short: I see Papa zito going after low hanging fruit (IE: weak players), making vague comments about those he finds scummy and asking pointless and stupid questions.

unvote:
vote: Papa Zito
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:03 am

Post by farside22 »

Fixing a tag here:

noting contradictory here
pointless question and mudsling!
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:35 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 493, Kublai Khan wrote:What's confusing about it? I made a naked vote on the same guy that Aronis was voting and Aronis accused me of going for a mislynch. Therefore Aronis had no scum-feelings towards Oversoul and was doing exactly what he was accusing me of.
I was confused because as I was reading through the thread, I had no idea what you guys were talking about (and I wasn't in the mood to go back to figure it out).

But what he's accusing you of doing and what he actually did are two different things. Or that's how I see it.

Why did you vote Oversoul?
In post 496, Iecerint wrote:@ Brian - talah, Oversoul, Venmar, namely. But I vacillate on talah, and I only think Oversoul is town because of the townVenmar post that made me reread the Oversoul post
I can agree with you on Oversoul. But the sentiments I have are for different people. :shrugs:
In post 498, Oversoul wrote:Brian, read Maniacal Street to understand my point of view on KK.
Lulz. Isn't that game long as hell? And I don't really like to meta-dive. But I'll take a quick peek later.
In post 500, Kublai Khan wrote:It's more than just "forgetting" he was voting Oversoul. When called on it, he unvoted Oversoul and at no point did he throw a vote at me. I understand why you conclude that it's derp, but it's not town-derp.
I honestly don't think you voting the same person he did has anything to do with why Aronis is scum-reading you.
In post 504, Bulbazak wrote:That'd be hard to do, seeing as the game was automatic.
K_A and I were talking about two completely different games. He was referring to a marathon game and I thought he was referring to the mini theme game we actually played in together. He even elaborated on this here:
In post 491, KingdomAces wrote:Oh, I completely forgot you were in Mafia For All, because I think of myself as more of a D2 replacement even though I was technically in the game the entire time. By No Effort, I meant Zoraster's marathon game, which obviously you wouldn't have any bead on my meta at all from.
I thought he was referring to Mafia For All as No Effort as a slight against my play there (where I was extremely apathetic and got mislynched Day 1).

VOTE: Papa Zito
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:34 am

Post by Iecerint »

'
In post 506, zMuffinMan wrote:
iece wrote:Basically, there was an Oversoul post that I didn't pay much attention to because lots of Oversoul posts had been wordy and not super compelling, and then Venmar posted someone like yay Oversoul is town yippie or something, and then I read the Oversoul post in depth and got the same impression (not super strong, but I could see why someone reading critically could come to that conclusion). So it was that series of events that made me think he was town
i don't _really_ understand how this led to a town read. :/

i mean, i get that you were skipping oversoul's posts and it made you go back and reread it and you thought it was a town post and so did venmar, but... this is where i'm missing something, i think? don't see how that led you to town-venmar
iece wrote:so if there are meta things that outweigh that, that's fine.
i dunno, you can call it a meta read, i guess, but i mean... he's given a town read on oversoul and like a town read on aronis so far and those are his total contributions to the game (unless i'm missing something?). if i had no knowledge of venmar, i'd probably still think there was something off
I find it town when people find reasons to take suspicious people off the suspicion table for valid reasons, especially if they are players who have styles that are likely to lead to suspicion or the valid reasons took effort to put together. Double points when the person's style is "just suspicious enough" rather than totally outrageous (e.g., Oversoul vs. someone like Mollie).

I think Venmar was maybe in something like Starcraft mafia with me once, but I think he died early or something. I don't remember it very well. That's my only experience with him outside of GD.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:49 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

mod: I actually don't think I can keep up with this game. Apologies :(
green shirt thursdays
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:12 am

Post by BROseidon »

less to catch up on than I thought.

I'll get around to it later this week. Gonna prod dodge until then.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”