farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:24 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 172, KingdomAces wrote:I didn't provide any reads because I really didn't have much. At the point where you asked, the only thing that I had was AGar town, because I can follow his train of thought and to me it appears to be coming from a town mindset.
meh
And how was I supposed to know that TIP was scum in the posts he was quoting? With that information though and his posts made since, I'll agree that he is looking town so far. Farside is currently a tertiary townread, because she seems town, but I have a bad record of calling people who are scumreading me town.
i didn't expect it. I don't think anyone expected you to know. Why would you think that?
I want to wait until Talah/Tony get back on and respond before jumping to conclusions about them.
Do you have a thought on what has been stated about the 2 players?
Juls feels like she's constantly trying to appease people. so mild scum-lean there. Also I really don't like Zito's 165, for some reason.
Which post reads that way and why? You don't like what about post 165?
Sorry vague does not work for me.
But I'm not changing my vote until mnemonic explains why he felt the need to be so defensive against a post that wasn't even worth giving the time of day.
You are holding onto an RVS moment? :igmeou:
Aronis, you were the one that said he should have picked something better in the first place, so it's your job to end this, not drive it further. Whatever you are doing, stop it

Agreed with the above. I'm assuming you are reading Aronis town with the above statement? Why?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:30 am

Post by Juls »

@Agar - you are twisting topics. I did not care the reason for the Aronis wagon as it related to Tony's vote. I think the Aronis wagon is based off a bad reason and Tony hopped on it because it had traction. My vote on you is for the bad reason you gave which riled everyone up which is that he is either dumb or scum. It's not that complicated to figure out.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:34 am

Post by Juls »

Oh and my comment that Aronis was stupid for the self vote and my vote for Tony were mutually exclusive. I did not intend to imply that was Tony's reason for his vote. I do see where that might not have been clear now that I re-read my own sentence.
Juls
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:14 am

Post by KingdomAces »

I can't see any other way to have this post as anything other than quote stripping. Dividing it up and spoilering it to not instantly make people lose interest.

Spoiler: Response to Farside
In post 175, farside22 wrote:i didn't expect it. I don't think anyone expected you to know. Why would you think that?
How did
you
then?
Do you have a thought on what has been stated about [Talah/Tony]?
No, that's why I want to wait for them.
You are holding onto an RVS moment? :igmeou:
If we were going to ignore everything that comes out of RVS, why would we have RVS? It really reads as weirdly defensive to me.
I'm assuming you are reading Aronis town with the above statement? Why?
No, I just want him to stop that line of comments so he's actually provide something meaningful.

Spoiler: On Juls
In post 161, Juls wrote:@farside - I have some tinglings about Kingdom, he is not unnoticed.
Mostly this, because it just feels out of place and like she's trying to get on your good side without really trying.
In post 110, Juls wrote:I am on TIP's side on this. talah is coming off very activity-for-activity sake. Her delivery is awkward. It doesn't feel natural-town. I would have to read a town game of hers though to see for sure.
Was the prevailing opinion at the time, so it seems as if she's trying to make a case that was previously unstated, but the case isn't actually saying anything.

Also, as previously stated I have a townread on AGar, and I really think that Tony needs to say more before he can be argued this much about. I admoit it's weak, but that's why it's just a lean at the moment.

Spoiler: On Zito
In post 165, Papa Zito wrote:YES I'M PURPLE
We already went over that this meant absolutely nothing. Why would town feel the need to say "Look, a completely false reason for a townread applies to me as well"?
I'm sad there are distractions from the Aronis wagon when it's already producing results :/
Aronis has given us nothing so far aside from noise. the distractions he's speaking of are actually somewhat meaningful.
It's the feels, we've played together a bunch before. I know that's unhelpful, don't let my read factor into your own equations.
And this... sounds like something I would say. Seeing as I see myself as someone who doesn't really belong here, I just find that weird coming from someone who has been on the site for a long time and was a listmod at one point.
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:21 am

Post by farside22 »

In related news I have changed my view on Kindom.
Just so there is no quote war going on.
KA wrote:How did you then?
I followed a line of logic. IE: TIP found talah scummy. He quoted a bunch of things that he stated in a game that was not here. Ergo he found Talah scummy for something he did in a game. It's something I see happen from players often.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:23 am

Post by TheIrishPope »

Not here?
just the tIP
"TiP has a silky, foreign voice"
- Varsoon
Come play Skype Mafia with us!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:31 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 180, TheIrishPope wrote:Not here?
Not in this game.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:08 am

Post by talah »

In post 102, farside22 wrote: What part of post 96 did you not get or how did it not answer your question?
I think I saw one oppinion in your first post with the rest as just general comments.
The borked quote tags. Which incidentally were more borked before the mod "fixed" them, but it still has your question inside the quote. So I missed your response. Which I quite like as I was mainly after a pingback to see if you'd back your gut.

Regarding opinions and myself - I'm painfully transparent as town so if you ever want to know where I'm at about anything, all you need to do is ask.

Regarding questions, I felt the thread could use some serious to get scumhunting rolling so I laid down a few things which had jumped out while I'd been reading along (it's 7am here so unfortunately a lot of the activity is happening either while I'm at work or while I'm asleep). Didn't mean to be a buzzkill but there's only so much of ActionDan's rapping that I can take.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:23 am

Post by talah »

In post 132, xRECKONERx wrote:No. I voted him because I thought his "in-character" posting was obnoxious.
Okay great. So you're not using a useless scumtell to try to find scum.
THAT'S ALL I WANTED TO KNOW RECK
THANK YOU SO MUCH
In post 132, xRECKONERx wrote:If you meant, "Why did you OMGUS Professor Fridays", turn to option (1)! If you meant, "OMGUS is usually performed by scum", go to option (2)! If you meant, "OMGUS is stupid and scum try to push people for it", go to option (3)!

Spoiler: Option 1
are you literally fucking high he was not voting me

Spoiler: Option 2
No. No it's not. Holy fuck no it's not don't ever fucking say that OMGUS is a stupid fucking scumtell please never say that again you are fucking retarded

Spoiler: Option 3
Yes, thank you captain obvious.
I don't really know how you think it's open to interpretation, but for the sake of clarity:
  • Tony PF votes Prof Fridays
  • Prof Fridays votes Tony PF
  • You vote Prof Fridays
Do you see the OMGUS there? Was it you that did the OMGUSing?

Incidentally, I picked 3.
Although your 2 is what I disagree with.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:30 am

Post by talah »

So kind of waiting on Tony PF's response but thinking at this stage he's a pretty good vote as well. I just don't see a reason why Aronis is town yet.

@Tony
can you answer this when you next post:
In post 78, talah wrote:
In post 42, Tony PF wrote: [...Prof post...]
[...beetlejuice image...]
My vote isn't RVS anymore.
This is a really weird reason to say your vote is serious - did you expect that Prof would lurk most of the day, or... what was it that makes this a beetlejuice tell?
@Aronis
for the sake of simplicity and 'cause you seem to be dodging questions - what's your read on Venmar?

Back later.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:36 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

No, I think Professor Fridays is probably town.
green shirt thursdays
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:42 am

Post by Prof Fridays »

In post 132, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 78, talah wrote:[
In post 27, xRECKONERx wrote:VOTE: Prof Fridays
Why did you make this vote? Because you realise OMGUS is a terrible scumtell usually asserted by scum, right?
No. I voted him because I thought his "in-character" posting was obnoxious.
I was just having a little fun :( Things get intense a lot quicker here than in the games I'm used to!

Also, what exactly is a Beetlejuice tell? I am not familiar with the term.
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

What if you knew way more about the game state Day 1?
THE LAB 4 is live!
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:36 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Beetlejuice tell is that someone says your name and then you post in the thread. Basically, you're only truly active in the game when someone calls you out on it.

This game has stalled.

VOTE: Aronis
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:45 pm

Post by Venmar »

Stalled... stalled.... hmmm... yeah idk if that's a word that would explain this game but ok.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:02 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 165, Papa Zito wrote:QUERY TO THE TOWN: given that we've luckily hit on doubles for night 1, would it make sense to no-lynch today to give it maximum effect?
What is its maximum effect?
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:03 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

In post 187, Oversoul wrote:Beetlejuice tell is that someone says your name and then you post in the thread. Basically, you're only truly active in the game when someone calls you out on it.

This game has stalled.

VOTE: Aronis
Mm, I suppose I could have inferred that, haha.

Is hopping on the Aronis train really the best course of action here? I suppose we don't have much to go off of, but the scum suspicions tossed around don't seem to include Aronis?
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

What if you knew way more about the game state Day 1?
THE LAB 4 is live!
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:06 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Wagons are always a good thing.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:07 pm

Post by Juls »

If Aronis flips town, what do we learn?
If Aronis flips scum, what do we learn?
Juls
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:09 pm

Post by Oversoul »

I dunno. I haven't really thought about the ramifications of Aronis getting lynched yet.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:11 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 192, Juls wrote:If Aronis flips town, what do we learn?
Spoiler: SNARK warning
His alignment
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:20 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

@Juls:
Given there are other players on the Aronis wagon who did not give backing, why:

1. Is your vote parked on Tony in particular and;
b. Is your focus on AGar?

---
Oversoul wrote:What is its maximum effect?
Point is moot cuz I misunderstood the mechanic, but maximum effect would be all town PRs alive to do their PRish things twice at night. Standard operating procedure is you go through a lynch on Day 1 even though you're far more likely to lynch a townie because of the info gleaned from wagons etc BUT with double PR moves my thought was the amount of concrete night info generated would far outweigh what a standard Day 1 would give you.

---
Ho boy this is bad.
KingdomAces wrote:We already went over that this meant absolutely nothing. Why would town feel the need to say "Look, a completely false reason for a townread applies to me as well"?
Cuz jokes are funny. Do you jokes?

Similar note: AGar's unvote/revote better not make me lose my purple.
KingdomAces wrote:Aronis has given us nothing so far aside from noise. the distractions he's speaking of are actually somewhat meaningful.
Do you believe that only the target of a wagon can produce information?
KingdomAces wrote:And this... sounds like something I would say. Seeing as I see myself as someone who doesn't really belong here, I just find that weird coming from someone who has been on the site for a long time and was a listmod at one point.
And? Are you typing here just to type or are you going to actually level an accusation of something at me?

These quotes are all have a very "lemme test out this mislynch target" feel, you get -Yosarian points.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:35 pm

Post by Juls »

My vote is on Agar.
Juls
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:47 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Sorry. Already missing stuff, bad sign :/ Carry on
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:17 pm

Post by KingdomAces »

Do I look like I joke? Even if I did, there's still the fact that it was well after that line of discussion was relevant, so it was completely out of place.

No, I don't believe that only the wagon target can produce information, but if you are considering everything connected to it as being part of the Aronis wagon, what are the distractions? Most of what's happened is connected to it in one way or another.

I really don't know what to think about the last quote. When I first read it I got a massive gut negative from it. When I actually thought about it logically once I was asked about it I realized that it's something that I do. I know that probably means that it's probably null, but from the little I know of you I don't think you would be the type of player that would do that.
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:43 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 192, Juls wrote:If Aronis flips town, what do we learn?
If he flips town we now have people who voted him on a wagon and a flip with which to associate reasons.
If he flips scum, we have a dead scumbag, we learn there are 4 scum left alive and we have people who voted him and people who avoided voting him.

Seems like we get good information to me.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”