Hearthstone- Heroes of Warcraft (Enter Your ID!)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:23 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

like. i actually thought that was impossible
green shirt thursdays
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:25 pm

Post by AGar »

I just played the jankiest fuckin' priest deck. Basically revolved around getting out Lightspawn and fucking blowing their health up to retarded levels. Where were my polymorphs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qfNR-ft7A4#t=0m2s
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:40 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

welcomet o priest
green shirt thursdays
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:44 pm

Post by Uite »

I remember playing Shadow Word: Death on a 20/20 Lightwell a couple days ago. So satisfying.
[ɜytə] — Ceterum censeo spumam delendam esse

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:59 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

In post 303, Uite wrote:I remember playing Shadow Word: Death on a 20/20 Lightwell a couple days ago. So satisfying.
Fuck Lightwell. That and the 1 mana 1/3 priest that draws cards. They are the bane of my existence.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:15 am

Post by Uite »

I love playing them. If I can coin to get my Shieldbearer and Northshire Cleric up on turn one, then get Lightwell on the next, I'm a happy priest :)

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:45 am

Post by quadz08 »

Lightwell is a dirty bitch, that is all
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:10 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

In post 305, Uite wrote:I love playing them. If I can coin to get my Shieldbearer and Northshire Cleric up on turn one, then get Lightwell on the next, I'm a happy priest :)
If you want to play a game with me add me.
I haven't played that much and I want to play against someone I know to feel better if I win and be bitter if I lose :D
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:25 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Anyone know why Hearthstone is now looking like it has 200 pixels?
It's like I'm watching low quality '90 games. And it's not form my options either. If I set them to high I see pixels. If I see them to low I see fewer pixels.
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:50 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

low level pally deck.

hows my building?
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:58 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

nvm

i get raped by non-mind control preists
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:04 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

In post 309, Kcdaspot wrote:low level pally deck.

hows my building?

There's no one thing the deck is focused on.

Sunwalker is actually a super good card. If you don't have much but have that it's fantastic.

Not knowing what you have cardwise makes it difficult to criticize beyond the deck not having any focus.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:16 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

do not put core hound in any deck ever
green shirt thursdays
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:37 pm

Post by AGar »

Point of Brewmaster in this deck?
Get rid of Corehound.
How do you plan on winning with this deck? What's your goal?
What cards do you have?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:38 pm

Post by Uite »

This is what I'm running right now: Priest Deck. I feel like it's performing quite well for such a cheap deck, but it definitely has room for improvement. Any suggestions?

pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:35 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

In post 314, Uite wrote:This is what I'm running right now: Priest Deck. I feel like it's performing quite well for such a cheap deck, but it definitely has room for improvement. Any suggestions?
don't play priest(jk I wish I had the patience to grind with priest so fun)

real talk without knowing what is available it's hard to make realistic suggestions for improvements.

ofc this is sort-of just a pray to hell I draw my combo somewhat gimmicky deck.

There is like actually 0 early game here. Priest early game already sucks massive amounts of everything.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:19 am

Post by Uite »

Well, I'm still fairly new and I haven't dropped any actual money on the game yet, so what I have available is just the set of basics, several commons, and only a few rares. So yeah, not much in that department, but really, any tips for cards that
would
work well are definitely appreciated, even if I'm be unable to put them in right away.

It may be a bit gimmicky, but it doesn't really rely on any one combo. Plus, I like gimmicks. :) I actually put in the Inner Fire and Divine Spirit quite late, and it did pretty decently without them.

Early game is definitely weak, all I'm doing is surviving until I can get going. I'm not really sure on how to improve that without significantly taking away from my late game strength though.

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:31 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Hmmm.

So, yeah, this deck actually isn't bad. It's very all or nothing, but here are my suggestions for the future:

- You probably want at least one Mind Control. It's a pretty excellent late game card. Two might be overkill but one can outright win the game for you.
- I know it's tempting to go for Acolyte of Pain in this deck, but the amount of ::effort:: required to make him pay off is pretty not worth it.
- Don't play Shieldbearer in this deck. Just... don't.
- Holy Nova is a pretty good Priest card that'll outright win some games on Turn 5 against Aggro, I'd throw a couple in there.
- No Temple Enforcer!? WHAAAAAT! That card is the tits.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:31 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Also obv go for the neutral commons that are staples (Harvest Golem / Acidic Swamp Ooze / Shattered Sun Cleric / Chillwind Yeti / Boulderfist Ogre).
green shirt thursdays
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:54 am

Post by Uite »

Good tips, I can work with that. What would you suggest in place of Shieldbearer though? That is one of the few cards that keep me safe early game, that four health for one mana is quite valuable to me. Same with Acolyte of Pain. I don't have the actual stats on that, but I feel like I'm getting about three cards out of it on average, so it would beat actually out Arcane Intellect for draw in addition to the benefit of having a minion on the table. I really need that draw...

I don't really get the appeal of Harvest Golem. I see a lot of people playing them, but they have yet to give me any trouble whatsoever. Those other minions are definitely solid. I'm actually considering taking out Frostwolf Warlord. It's definitely nice to have when you have a well populated board, but it is unreliable. Then again, having your minions simultaneously shout ‘For the Horde’ and ‘For the Alliance’ while you attack is pretty funny :p I've also been toying with the idea of putting Young Priestesses in there, but they may be a little too fragile to be worth it.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:06 am

Post by AGar »

Early game Harvest Golem frequently works out as a 2-for-1. You can trade it with a minion and then trade the Deathrattle golem for another if it falls right.

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:09 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 319, Uite wrote:Good tips, I can work with that. What would you suggest in place of Shieldbearer though? That is one of the few cards that keep me safe early game, that four health for one mana is quite valuable to me. Same with Acolyte of Pain. I don't have the actual stats on that, but I feel like I'm getting about three cards out of it on average, so it would beat actually out Arcane Intellect for draw in addition to the benefit of having a minion on the table. I really need that draw...

I don't really get the appeal of Harvest Golem. I see a lot of people playing them, but they have yet to give me any trouble whatsoever. Those other minions are definitely solid. I'm actually considering taking out Frostwolf Warlord. It's definitely nice to have when you have a well populated board, but it is unreliable. Then again, having your minions simultaneously shout ‘For the Horde’ and ‘For the Alliance’ while you attack is pretty funny :p I've also been toying with the idea of putting Young Priestesses in there, but they may be a little too fragile to be worth it.
Harvest Golem is very hard for opponents to deal with effectively in terms of card advantage. Usually they wind up spending two cards to deal with the Golem + the 2/1 dink left behind... or at the very least, they end up spending one card + their hero power which sets their curve back a turn. Maybe a 2/3 and 2/1 aren't that scary but you're paying 3 mana for essentially a 4/4 that has to be killed twice.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:10 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Oh yeah get rid of the Mogushan Warden too. He's bad. Sen'Jin Shieldmasta is a much better taunt body.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:12 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 319, Uite wrote:What would you suggest in place of Shieldbearer though? That is one of the few cards that keep me safe early game, that four health for one mana is quite valuable to me.
You're taking up a card in your deck that essentially says "1 Mana: Heal 4 Health". It's not that great in the deck you're trying to run here. You're a Priest, to boot... you have enough incidental heal (and a heal power) that you shouldn't care if you take some extra damage early
green shirt thursdays
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:33 am

Post by Uite »

In post 323, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 319, Uite wrote:What would you suggest in place of Shieldbearer though? That is one of the few cards that keep me safe early game, that four health for one mana is quite valuable to me.
You're taking up a card in your deck that essentially says "1 Mana: Heal 4 Health". It's not that great in the deck you're trying to run here. You're a Priest, to boot... you have enough incidental heal (and a heal power) that you shouldn't care if you take some extra damage early
Well, it's not so much about protecting ME as it is about protecting whatever else I have on the board early game, such as Lightwells and Northshire Clerics. It's my only cheap taunt, and I'm fairly low on taunt as it is...

As for the Harvest Golem, I can see that. I can usually send a Northshire Cleric or Acolyte of Pain after it, which can then be healed so they effectively take no damage while giving me cards, so I tend to come out ahead when it's played. It's not like I'm using that mana for anything else early game anyway :p

Return to “The Arcade”