NY 172: Another Large Normal (GAME OVER)

penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2175 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:09 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 2128, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2127, penguin_alien wrote:I'm town reading Yates, which makes me inclined not to dismiss the TWIE-pisskop read entirely
:eek:

Even if Yates is town that doesn't mean his read is right so what do YOU think of TWIE?
I don't trust him, but I don't want him lynched today. I'm still not persuaded to move off SnowStorm, but my next choice would be mastin, and I'm having a hard time seeing myself not voting one of those two for today.
In post 2133, Egg wrote:
penguin wrote:LOLnope. Just an odd entry.
Why?
Why I'm not worried? Because I haven't seen you actually provide a case on any of your three scum reads. Which actually answers why I think your entry's odd too. That works out nicely.
In post 2164, SnowStorm wrote:
In post 2123, Damon_Gant wrote: A few reasons I can think of:

a) To encourage another wagon and split up town votes more - causing confusion and small potential for no lynch.
Since when is it better for scum to not lynch than to lynch town?...
Even mislynching town gives town information that scum isn't entirely choosing to provide, even if they support the wagon. Their night kill is far more under their control and leaves town with less information to analyze. Also, town loses half a lynch entirely, as two no-lynches is like giving scum a free lynch with their two gained night kills with no town rebuttal. Someone else can probably explain it better.

Nero, you're going to have to keep scum reading me, because I'm actually town reading you here. I mean, it's your choice as to whether you want to think that I've learned something or am bullshitting you, but given the reliability of me only town reading you as scum, I'm hard-pressed to argue the point.

Mod, V/LA through 4/9, possibly more LA than V. Thanks!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:15 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

What made you town read me, PA?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:52 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

I'll try to give you a better answer later, either during V/LA if I have the energy or post-V/LA, but real quick, it's mostly the tone of the cases you're making. Your honing in on potentially unpopular cases, the willingness to be pulled into kind of spiraling arguments. I'm not super-coherent any more, but yeah.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:22 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

@Anx-
Use your feelings. Keep them, cherish them. Then go look at actual content. And let me know what you see.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:29 am

Post by DeasVail »

AP:

-Regarding the 'awkward' thing, I was referring to a post earlier this day where I said I was agreeing with you on Damont, but thought it was awkward because I was scumreading you. You then said that it wasn't awkward. Now, in a very similar situation with Nero, you've posted an 'awkward hug' gif. HMMMMM.
-I don't get why there's the need to discredit my posting so much. If you actually want to know why I read someone the way I do, all you need to do is ask. And while I am totally jelly that Nero got a gif and I didn't, that's not what I was saying. :P

Egg:

I was referring to Zdenek's fake daykill on bipolar, following which bipolar started racking up townreads. Also, by 'good' I mean town-looking.

AP:

-You're reading way too much into the 'decided' wording. I don't think it has to be scum that decide what their reads are?
-I think I was focusing on that point for Snow because it was used as a reason for him being scummy. That's what set him apart from the others that did the same thing.
In post 2157, Damon_Gant wrote:DV: If some players have a naturally scummy tone, I feel like DV has a naturally town tone.
What are you basing this on?

~~

I don't know if it's just a temporary thing, but I'm feeling less confident of my reads tonight. I'm going to keep my vote on AP for now, but TWIE is someone I may change my vote to. I'll have a closer look at people tomorrow.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:28 am

Post by Yates »

In post 2168, Nero Cain wrote:The Yates town that I know and hate is way more active and wants to be in the forefront of the game.
^^ That's old Yates meta - and I did that as both alignments. Look at my last few completed games. It's actually BECAUSE OF our last game together that I made the conscious decision to be less of a spammer.

Speaking of our last game together:
In post 2168, Nero Cain wrote:Fake derp is a big part of his scum game
First, that was real derp, but that's beside the point. You accused me of this in that game as well [you used "derp" a LOT in that game]. I guess I should call you scum for not faking a QT result on me? The counter is you are scum reading me and PA - whom you called a scum team in that one as well. So at least your inability to read my slot is consistent. Plus I have a Town read on PA so...
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:39 am

Post by Damon_Gant »

In post 2158, Nero Cain wrote:Gant, I have a few issues with that post.

#1-I think I've done more than tunnel MR/PA
#2-I wouldn't give Aptil a strong town read and I think its really strange. Can you elaborate on this a little more.
#3-"penguin_alien came in, played a lot less like obvtown, and yet now I feel happier about this slot because the contribution seems more genuinely protown"????
#1: I need to ISO you, you can go on my "to ISO" list with Yates. Of course you've done more than that, but a very large percentage of your posting has been tunnelling that slot.

#2: It's hard to elaborate really, aptil's claim of a one-shot vig feels thoroughly convincing to me. Obviously if another night occurred with two kills my mind would be immediately changed. I know there is the possibility of a one-shot killer in the mafia but I think it's highly unlikely and so for now aptil is as sure a town as there is in the game in my mind. Aptil's posting has been anything but town but that's by the by to the more concrete evidence.

#3: Hmm, sometimes my words could be clearer. Mister Rogers posted a lot, and with enthusiasm, which convinced lots of people he was town very quickly. penguin_alien has done neither of these things, but in my opinion is playing more effectively and helping the town out more, meaning that I'm happier with that slot now than I was by the time Mister Rogers left it.
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:44 am

Post by Yates »

In post 2152, PeregrineV wrote:@Yates- How about YOUR read on me?
Cards on the table - You're one of three people I'm
not
reading, so I'm looking for help. I
want
you to be Town but you haven't posted anything to make me think you are. I really need to see more out of your slot before I can make an alignment determination.
In post 2157, Damon_Gant wrote:Yates: Honestly no idea what to think of this, and the subject of my next detailed ISO read.
Looking forward to it.
In post 2159, TheWayItEnds wrote:What I want from you is any indication that you're aware that scum teams usually have multiple members and you don't appear to be looking anywhere but my slot.
My votes tend to be more nimble towards the end of the day. Just because I'm most suspicious of your slot doesn't mean I'm not reading the game. If someone comes along with a more convincing case, I'll bite. Even a cursory glance at my ISO should be sufficient evidence to prove I *AM* looking elsewhere.
In post 2161, TheWayItEnds wrote:And also I never said Mastin was scum for lurking.
Yeah. I need to reread your slot. It's possible I made that assumption based on something you said.
Please pm me to pre-in
Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:47 am

Post by Damon_Gant »

In post 2179, DeasVail wrote:
In post 2157, Damon_Gant wrote:DV: If some players have a naturally scummy tone, I feel like DV has a naturally town tone.
What are you basing this on?
Nothing too specific, just cursory glancing through your meta plus just the fact that whilst I've felt a sense that you are town throughout the game, I'm yet to pinpoint anything concrete in your posting that has led me to feel this way.
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:39 am

Post by Snork »

Dodge til this afternoon for catchup.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:17 am

Post by Plessiez »

In post 2129, Plessiez wrote:
Neither AngryPidgeon nor aptil nor Egg have posted for over 48 hours and none of them has arranged a V/LA. They have all therefore been prodded.
aptil hasn't responded to his prod, which was sent over 24 hours ago. So I'll be looking for a replacement.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:45 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2182, Yates wrote:Cards on the table - You're one of three people I'm not reading, so I'm looking for help. I want you to be Town but you haven't posted anything to make me think you are. I really need to see more out of your slot before I can make an alignment determination.
Fair enough.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:17 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

MAstin, are you still in this game?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:27 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2158, Nero Cain wrote:#2-I wouldn't give Aptil a strong town read and I think its really strange. Can you elaborate on this a little more.
Gant is far from the only person to do that? Aptil is pretty town for the vig claim. The only way I could see it not being town is if there continues to be 2 shots every night, which would probably result in aptil getting turbolynched.
In post 2161, TheWayItEnds wrote:Man, you're right. Its so overdone and out of no where. Its like, I opened up the post by being all polite and suddenly there I was being all snarky and... wait.
Ya it sort of is. You are extremely proud about having 5 reads? Gratz man.
In post 2161, TheWayItEnds wrote:First of all: What difference does RM's alignment make here? ... None.
No her alignment doesn't ultimately matter, but it SHOULD to you? If you think her push on you is really that bad, I'd expect you to have more interest in figuring her alignment out instead of just calling her push on you shitty in a sarcastic way.
In post 2161, TheWayItEnds wrote:Second of all: What I am describing here is the thought process one would have to go to based on RM's logic to arrive at me.
So? Did you draw any reasonable conclusions from this or are you just going through a rundown of why RM is voting you to no end?
In post 2161, TheWayItEnds wrote:Second, one would compare Pisskop to Mastin. Pisskop lurked, Mastin had a V/LA, essentially the reads based on both of those slots are based on a small of amount of content, so either you flip a fucking coin or you decide that clearly lurking is worse, so Pisskop it is.
Ok? I don't see why that is egregious/scummy/bad. And you aren't really telling us what you think it is.
In post 2161, TheWayItEnds wrote:Secondly, if you'll refer back to my wall. you'll notice that the titles of my read list are "Super Scum" and "Super Town". What I mean by that is that i have 2 scum reads that I would hammer in this post without a second thought, and three town reads that I would probably go to no lynch over voting atm.
You should probably share more reads then instead of whatever it is you are doing. Cause I certain;y couldn't tell you where you stand on most people and I doubt anyone else could either.
In post 2161, TheWayItEnds wrote:Its a good thing you're scum this game because I can't imagine that a town game based on intentionally misconstruing posts would be very effective.
:?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:42 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2165, SnowStorm wrote:ou're also fueling suspicion with frustration in the case of your suspicion of bjc and Rach. You said you didn't suspect him and that you only voted him because you didn't like his play. As town you should have put that aside and move on, instead you kept expressing your frustration towards him while you were voting him, which makes no sense to do as town because by doing so you were contributing to a general negative opinion on someone you didn't even suspected, which also helped in creating a distraction in him. I don't care how well you explain this, it was not town play.
This is a REALLY town thing to do though. Scum like to be consistent, town are more likely to get emotional and do their own thing because they want to.
In post 2166, RachMarie wrote:Why do you think that AP is scum?
I think almost everyone scumreading me except Nero is because of OMGUS for the most part. I mean Snow just rambled on for a paragraph about how my vote on him is probably a scum vote on otherwise town wagon for no real satisfying reason. Thats just flatout scum. TWIE claims I misrepped him (I mean its possible I misunderstood something, but I certainly did not misrep him intentionally). The only meaty thing I could see in his post where he voted me was "ITs a good thing you are scum, misrepping as town is a bad idea" or some shit which is hedgy as hell.
In post 2168, Nero Cain wrote:As for PA her taunting me to "be more convincing" doesn't seem all that town to me and I'm a tad bit worried that she doesn't have a scum read on me when she always does as town.
Curious, what games have you been in with her?
In post 2168, Nero Cain wrote:So far Egg is ok...but unless start seeing more effort I'll prob want that dead. His latest post is pretty meh though.
I thought all of Egg was pretty meh so far. I've played with him twice recently, hes usually more... proactive? Feels like hes sort of along for the ride here.
In post 2168, Nero Cain wrote:I 100% hate his attempted discredit by saying that I always have a scum read on him.
:/, Honestly not my intent. From my perspective, you usually do though. Like I was getting mega frustrated in GoW mafia cause I thought you had some sort of vendetta against me, so this is mostly me getting frustrated that you won't consider me being town, but eh.
In post 2171, Nero Cain wrote:We can add Mastin to that lynch list as well.
Ya sure. I have a hard time buying that mastin would be putting this game so hard on the backburner as town.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:53 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2174, Nero Cain wrote:So Thad, if a case was being pushed on me for something that I didn't do you'd think I was scummy right?
No! The point is that its null. Unless you think the person pushing the hsitty case is scum and even still they could be bussing or voting a townie, its more telling for the person pushing the case, not the person being pushed. But I respect you disagreeing with that :P.
In post 2175, penguin_alien wrote:Nero, you're going to have to keep scum reading me, because I'm actually town reading you here.
Uhhhhhh. Are you being cheeky scum, PA?
In post 2179, DeasVail wrote:-Regarding the 'awkward' thing, I was referring to a post earlier this day where I said I was agreeing with you on Damont, but thought it was awkward because I was scumreading you. You then said that it wasn't awkward. Now, in a very similar situation with Nero, you've posted an 'awkward hug' gif. HMMMMM.
Yes this sure is what happened. I don't at all see what you are reading into it. As I said, Nero and I are often disagreeing about things frequently in all our games Me not posting a stupid GIF to you but doing it to Nero is a tell because..?
In post 2179, DeasVail wrote:-I don't get why there's the need to discredit my posting so much
Wow. I just cant even respond to this more without smashing my keyboard into my monitor.
In post 2179, DeasVail wrote:-You're reading way too much into the 'decided' wording. I don't think it has to be scum that decide what their reads are?
And you are reading too much into me posting a .gif to Nero and no you. And I guess? It still reads loaded to me even if you didn't intend it to be.
In post 2182, Yates wrote:
In post 2159, TheWayItEnds wrote:What I want from you is any indication that you're aware that scum teams usually have multiple members and you don't appear to be looking anywhere but my slot.
My votes tend to be more nimble towards the end of the day. Just because I'm most suspicious of your slot doesn't mean I'm not reading the game. If someone comes along with a more convincing case, I'll bite. Even a cursory glance at my ISO should be sufficient evidence to prove I *AM* looking elsewhere.
Wow, I missed this apparently. TWIE is seriously arguing that there are multiple scum and therefore Yates voting him is bad? ya, thats totally town motivated thinking there at all.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:02 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2154, Plessiez wrote:
It's day 2. Deadline for the day is 13th April, 15:45. That's (expired on 2014-04-13 15:45:32).

Vote Count 2.7
SnowStorm [4 votes] (penguin_alien, Angry Pidgeon, mastin2, Damon_Gant)
ThAdmiral [3 votes] (SnowStorm, aptil, Nero Cain)
RachMarie [2 votes] (Snork, ThAdmiral)
TheWayItEnds [2 votes] (Yates, RachMarie)
4nxi3ty [2 votes] (PeregrineV, Egg)
AngryPidgeon [1 vote] (DeasVail)
mastin2 [1 vote] (4nxi3ty)

2 players are not voting
: {projectmatt, TheWayItEnds}

With
players alive it takes
votes to lynch somebody or to go to night.

Activity
mastin2 is V/LA until April 7th.
projecttmatt is V/LA until April 7th.
Yates is V/LA.
Not feeling Snow=scum. What are the two best reasons?

Want to vote Mastin, but don't like 4nxiety on there.....
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:34 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 2178, PeregrineV wrote:
@Anx-
Use your feelings. Keep them, cherish them. Then go look at actual content. And let me know what you see.
posts , , , , , , , all look like towneffort. And pisskop doesn't hesitate to attack people or speak his mind. I'm surprised people thought pisskop was scummy.
In post 2191, PeregrineV wrote:Want to vote Mastin, but don't like 4nxiety on there.....
this is an incredibly silly reason not to vote someone you want to vote

Unvote: Mastin
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:44 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

K. Are we seriously back to 5 days left until deadline?

Nero, RM, Yates, Anxiety, PV, Snork, [aptil-slot], thadmiral are all pretty town.

Townblock, start suggesting good lynches and why.

I want TWIE, Matt, or Snow right now the most. Could maybe do mastin (not really a scumread, but decent compromise at this point), Egg (replaced Bipolar, doesnt feel like town-egg really).

I think I'd rather not lynch DV today actually. Someone throw something out.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:00 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

mastin, damon, snow, thad, matt are all lynchable to me to some degree. I think a mastin lynch is the right play. The getting into 1v1 with talah -> coming back "remembering talah as town" -> voting talah -> then defending moments before lynch doesn't read as natural change of mind. Tone feels manipulative too.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:03 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Thad or PV but an EGG or Mastin compromise is fine.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:05 am

Post by Yates »

In post 2189, AngryPidgeon wrote:I was getting mega frustrated in GoW mafia cause I thought you had some sort of vendetta against me, so this is mostly me getting frustrated that you won't consider me being town, but eh.
:lol: That was me in How I Banged Your Mother Mafia... It's like - he gets tunnely on certain players and carries it over from game to game. Makes him hard not to scum read which is why I'm surprised he's in your "Town Block." I'd replace Nero with PA.

Also, how is PV obv-Town? I don't know how anyone can be reading this slot with so much certainty based on so little content.

Also, I'd replace ThAd with Snow. Snow is pretty Town, dude. Check his ISO. ThAd is... inconsistent. I have him null - potentially scum based on poe.
In post 2193, AngryPidgeon wrote:I want TWIE, Matt, or Snow right now the most. Could maybe do mastin (not really a scumread, but decent compromise at this point), Egg (replaced Bipolar, doesnt feel like town-egg really).
So we're not lynching Snow, please. I could settle for TWIE but I'm starting to think I'm mostly conf-biasing the slot based on pisskop's play. So meh... I feel like matt, egg, and mastin are all kind of lurker lynches. I could hang any of them and not feel like we lost anything of value.
Please pm me to pre-in
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:13 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2192, 4nxi3ty wrote:
In post 2178, PeregrineV wrote:
@Anx-
posts , , , , , , , all look like towneffort. And pisskop doesn't hesitate to attack people or speak his mind. I'm surprised people thought pisskop was scummy.
In post 2191, PeregrineV wrote:Want to vote Mastin, but don't like 4nxiety on there.....
this is an incredibly silly reason not to vote someone you want to vote

Unvote: Mastin
What bothered me most is the fact that pisskop entered the game and gave a read/reaction/interaction to just about every player.

There was one player whom he did not, except for a single compound sentence.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:15 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2196, Yates wrote:
In post 2189, AngryPidgeon wrote:I was getting mega frustrated in GoW mafia cause I thought you had some sort of vendetta against me, so this is mostly me getting frustrated that you won't consider me being town, but eh.
:lol: That was me in How I Banged Your Mother Mafia... It's like - he gets tunnely on certain players and carries it over from game to game. Makes him hard not to scum read which is why I'm surprised he's in your "Town Block." I'd replace Nero with PA.
I don't carry ANYTHING over. I just think there are play styles that seem scummy to me.

So you are scum reading me huh, Yates?

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2199 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:17 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2193, AngryPidgeon wrote:K. Are we seriously back to 5 days left until deadline?

Nero, RM, Yates, Anxiety, PV, Snork, [aptil-slot], thadmiral are all pretty town.

Townblock, start suggesting good lynches and why.

I want TWIE, Matt, or Snow right now the most. Could maybe do mastin (not really a scumread, but decent compromise at this point), Egg (replaced Bipolar, doesnt feel like town-egg really).

I think I'd rather not lynch DV today actually. Someone throw something out.
Would prefer Mastin, maybe TheWayitEnds(torn on this slot), maybe anxiety but I think Snow is town, and Egg/BiPolar as town (but agree that now-Egg silence is bothersome). Matt would be a less preferable but currently acceptable.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”