Southpaw
Southpaw
Townie
Southpaw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:39 pm

Post by Southpaw »

Let's just play a game of 20 questions to ferret out the mafia.

#1) Have you been watching the new season of Sopranos?
Southpaw
Southpaw
Townie
Southpaw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:14 am

Post by Southpaw »

The Fonz wrote:
pete d wrote:Yeah, i mean come on, if a 2-vote never got put on someone nothing would ever happen. and wouldn't THAT be fun!

(in a 7 player game it wouldn't be overly suspicious imo, maybe a bit, but how else is anyone going to get reactions and etc.)
Agreed. In fact,

Unvote
Vote Southpaw
just to get some darn discussion going.
Good idea, though it looks like you might be confused as to which player should be used as the guinea pig :wink:
Southpaw
Southpaw
Townie
Southpaw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:07 pm

Post by Southpaw »

superstring91 wrote: i highly doubt that wagon will go anywhere, because giving up a scums position for the sake of an early lynch is flat out stupid
Agreed. If the mafia all voted so quickly that it would get me lynched before anyone else could unvote, they would be giving up who they were for no real purpose.

Anyways, looks like we can actually start playing
Unvote
Southpaw
Southpaw
Townie
Southpaw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:50 am

Post by Southpaw »

Dodgy wrote:There is a VERY good chance that we have 3 Scum in this game and my guess is that you've all be outed in day 1.
I think the 3 scum are The Fonz, Dasquian and superstring91.
All 3 of you know that I'm not scum and thats why you are all going in for the kill and to get people onside.
I think it's unlikely that all of the mafia would start working together so early in the game. From my past experiences, mafia typically just ignore each other for the first day to prevent any connections from being made.
Southpaw
Southpaw
Townie
Southpaw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (isolation #5) » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:32 pm

Post by Southpaw »

kilmenator wrote:
Dodgy wrote:Thats very true most of the time Southpaw but when everyone starts to presume such a thing is when the dinamics of the game can change and scum can do the most obvious things and people just say, nah, thats far too obvious.
Thats the fun of the game, you never know who is telling the truth or not, not for sure anyway.
:wink:
Isnt that what WIFOM bascially is? Doing things to throw others off and basically saying, if I were scum, I NEVER would have done that or been that obvious.

I think this is why people need to lynch scummy people, because then people will aviod scummy behaviors as much as possible. Most of you know if you have played with me before, that I do not buy the too scummy to be scum argument.

And to the scum tells discussion, most experienced players will try to aviod those scum tells, I think people need to be veiwed according to how they play, most people will exhibit certain traits when they are a certain role. I am not saying that there are not scum tells, I am just saying most people try to aviod them at all costs.
I think that's true when dealing with how an individual acts but I think it would be a bad idea to try doing it as a group. Even if it makes them less suspicious right now, if one of them ends up getting voted off later on for a different reason then having these connections between them would become very dangerous. Especially over something as pointless as these early votes.
Southpaw
Southpaw
Townie
Southpaw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (isolation #6) » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:44 pm

Post by Southpaw »

superstring91 wrote:i have to agree wit this [especially "wow, what the heck"]
So do I. I think that's pretty immature to just screw up a game because someone is accusing you of being suspicious. You could of just asked for a replacement instead of roleclaiming and quitting.

Also, a good mafia player will change their strategy when they find that what they're doing is making them suspicious. They won't just accuse everyone else in the game of being too stupid to keep up with them.
Southpaw
Southpaw
Townie
Southpaw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (isolation #7) » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:05 am

Post by Southpaw »

What makes this game great is that you can know every common tendency or theory but what it really comes down to is being able to read other people. Knowing all the wiki entries can help, but you need to know how to adapt if someone doesn't follow along with how you think they should. If someone seems to be feeding on defensiveness, joke off their comments. A good player won't need the perfect conditions for them to win, if they're constantly be attacked they'll change strategy.

The problem I have with what you did is that it's similar to a kid playing basketball who decides that the game isn't going their way so they quit in the middle of it. Except rather than just quitting, they take the ball with them to ruin the game for everyone else.

I appreciate everything you have done in creating the site and keeping it running smoothly. However, I don't think that gives you a right to disrepect the other 11 players in the game.
Southpaw
Southpaw
Townie
Southpaw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (isolation #8) » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:38 pm

Post by Southpaw »

superstring91 wrote:i think fonz was entirely right in saying what he said. [see below]
Eletriar wrote:That said, reading over, it seems to me that the most defensive player is The Fonz.
The Fonz wrote:But we had
nothing
to go on at that point. Nothing. Overreacting to harmless votes is just a classic scumtell. Classic. If everyone random votes, that doesn't elicit anything, then what are you basing your FOS on? Nothing, that's what.
i dont agree that it is "classic" scumtell, because our definition of scumtell needs to be constantly evolving, with our scum. so, i suppose it is classic. it is old. it may be true in newbie games, but probably not here.

i dont think that this post from fonz gives us much.
but, we will see after more discussion.
I also don't see much in this. It seems like one of those cases where two townspeople get so focused on attacking one another that when one is found innocent the rest of the players start to think that the other must be mafia.

The problem right now is that most of our discussion was based on the Dodgy/Fonz feud. Now that Dodgy is out, we almost have to start over.
Southpaw
Southpaw
Townie
Southpaw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (isolation #9) » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:01 pm

Post by Southpaw »

So far we've been stuck on an argument regarding whether or not someone should get defensive based on four quick badwagon votes.

However, even if no one should be concerned about the four votes, I don't really see how it is particulary suspicious. Mafia would love a quick day 1, so I can't see why they would want to put the spotlight on themselves to defend someone who may be close to getting lynched.
Southpaw
Southpaw
Townie
Southpaw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (isolation #10) » Tue May 01, 2007 7:37 am

Post by Southpaw »

I also think he shouldn't claim. I don't see any reason why Dodgy would do what he did if he was a regular townie. The only 2 options are that Dodgy really was the doctor or that he was mafia.

I say that we assume for now that ECS is the doctor. If, for some reason he survives the night, we can look into whether he might actually be mafia.
Southpaw
Southpaw
Townie
Southpaw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (isolation #11) » Tue May 01, 2007 11:05 pm

Post by Southpaw »

Dasquian wrote:Hmm. I am going to have to
FOS: The Fonz
simply because I don't think he's done good town play re: CES. That said, I think there is a very good chance he
thinks
he has been doing good town play, and overall I would not say I get a major scummy vibe from him - if he is mafia, he's certainly going for lynch kill with no regards for subtlety (usual WIFOM disclaimers).
I have to agree with Das. I find it unlikely that scum would keep pushing an issue in which most of the town is against. It's generally bad policy for mafia to do anything that puts the spotlight on them.
Southpaw
Southpaw
Townie
Southpaw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #186 (isolation #12) » Wed May 02, 2007 2:15 am

Post by Southpaw »

What good would having him claim do anyways? If he says he's mafia, he's dead. If he says he's a townie, he's also dead. So no matter what he is, if he's forced into a roleclaim he'll just say that he's the doctor.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”