Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:56 pm

Post by Skruffs »

thrawn - you have my attention. What happens tommorrow that will tell us what happened last night?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:58 pm

Post by Skruffs »

as for name claiming, I'm happy to. I don't think it will really show anything though - a good mod should have proded the bad guys with fake claims or 'safe' claims. I don't know much about anime but I know of one or two 'fake' animes that, if I see, I'm voting for. :D
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:11 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

I'll claim first. Reason is obvious.

I'm FLCL (Fooly Cooly).
AndrewS wrote:Jack must be FLCL - he makes about as much sense as it does, anyway.
That's why my mysterious AndrewS = town speculation was coming from.
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:11 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

EBYOP: why should be where.
Blank.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:47 am

Post by Mert »

Sorry Spectrum, maybe I'm being thick here but I don't see how that implies Andrewtown. Our rolenames are all names of existing animes - his knowing the name of one and attributing it to another player means... what? It's not even like he could be some kind of rolename cop, because he picked a player who didn't actually have that rolename...

Sorry, I just don't get it. If I've misread you then I apologise, but please explain for my benefit as I just don't understand why it's "obvious".

On a semi-related note, I think that, at best, a mass rolenameclaim will achieve nothing for the town (if rolenames are not related to role) and, at worst, will give subtle clues to the scum as to people's roles (if there is a connection of sorts between rolename and role). I don't even see why we're entertaining the possibility, to be honest.
[i]"Awesome Proton Pack, Flay!"[/i] - [size=75][b]Petroleumjelly[/b][/size]
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
AbboTT
AbboTT
Goon
AbboTT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:10 am

Post by AbboTT »

I am with mert on both counts.

I don't understand Spectrum, and I don't see the reasoning behind name claims.
Meta? What meta?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:11 am

Post by Skruffs »

Yu-Gi-Oh.
:P
I forget if yu-gi-oh or pokemon is the one that causes seizures?
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:38 am

Post by Mert »

This eagerness to nameclaim unsettles me greatly. We have not even had a town
discussion
on this issue yet, let alone a consensus!
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:53 am

Post by Mert »

cuban smoker wrote:But I am more interested in ubertimmy, who stressed that he was a very bad lynch shortly before the deadline. We have now lost two power roles, which means the probability he actually is power role is much smaller now.
This is true...
cuban smoker wrote:Since ubertimmy is also alive, he is much more likely to be mafia than anyone else.
...but this I just don't see. Ubertimmy hinted at a power role at the end of Day One, it's true and, while the potential for him being a power role decreases as more are exposed, this doesn't make him "much more likely to be mafia than anyone else". It could equally merely make it much
less
likely that other players in this game have a power role.

I see where you're coming from but I think you've jumped to conclusions rather swiftly here. It seems like you're fishing.

cuban smoker wrote:It is important, if we do this name-claim, that we do it in an arbitrary order.
cuban smoker wrote:We should try and force mafia to go first so we have the chance to catch them with a counter-claim.
There seems to be a large conflict between these two quotes. If we're to reach a general consensus on who is most scummy and force them to claim first, this is no longer arbitrary.

Unvote, Vote: Cuban Smoker

I think it's fair to say there's a fair bit in this post that I don't like.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:41 am

Post by Skruffs »

I was trying to hint at that, and was originally going to consider it. We have three power roles outed already - and ubertimmy better have a reason for being a very very bad lynch.

But this is why jack died, i think. I think jack replaced with ubertimmy, and someone targetted ubertimmy. :P That's why i said he was basically a body guard. I don't know if HD would have done that or not.

The nameclaims shouldn't matter at all. They can add flavor - but we might as well just get it out of the way. If people don't want to, I'm not going to push it, but I doubt it matters now.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:19 am

Post by Skruffs »

I was trying to hint at that, and was originally going to consider it. We have three power roles outed already - and ubertimmy better have a reason for being a "very bad" lynch.

But this is why jack died, i think. I think jack replaced with ubertimmy, and someone targetted ubertimmy. :P That's why i said he was basically a body guard. I don't know if HD would have done that or not.

The nameclaims shouldn't matter at all. They can add flavor - but we might as well just get it out of the way. If people don't want to, I'm not going to push it, but I doubt it matters now.
thrawn1020
thrawn1020
Goon
thrawn1020
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:23 am

Post by thrawn1020 »

What I meant was that we would have a second set of data, and that would give us some basis for figuring out what happened night one. It seems as though there are many different theories as to what occurred, and I can't say I understand all of the reasoning behind them, either.

Knowing we have a vig dead, if we get two more dead tomorrow, we can pretty much consider our SK "outed". Considering that the Doctor is dead, and barring a second doctor from existing, I think we can all agree that under those circumstances we'd know about our SK. If we get only one dead tomorrow, then we'd have no SK.

Again, barring weird unexplainable stuff.

In short, having two sets of nightchoice data should help us determine the number of groups of enemies we face.

Aside from that, I agree with Mert from two above me.
Vote: Cuban smoker

That post of yours could use some clarification.

I am not concerned with a nameclaim, as I don't think that it will turn anything up. Remember, (and this is metagaming somewhat), but this is a "mini normal", and the flavor for mini normals is not supposed to influence the game mechanics. Therefore, it's unlikely that the names of the roles that the scum got would be at all correlated to their scummyness.
Mastermind of Sin, Locus Cosecant, Darklight140, Kwyjibo, Omniplx, and Uraj are scummy. *wink, wink*
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:08 am

Post by IH »

"What will you do?"
"Kill as many as I can."

With that, your mod ran, dashing, slashing through rows of rows of enemies. Speeding through them, leaving a trail of himself....

He then shut off Megaman Zero 3, and proceeded to give you the promised...

---------------Votecount------------------------
Cubsfan4ever -1- (Yamahako)
Yamahako -1- (skruffs)
Cuban Smoker -2- (Mert, Thrawn1020)

Not Voting-Ubertimmy, Skruffs, Mert, Cuban Smoker, Cubsfan4ever, Abbott, Spectrumvoid

With 9 alive it's 5 to lynch
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:44 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Exactly.
And don't forget Blockers.
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:32 pm

Post by Yamahako »

IH wrote:Welcome to the town of Animeville. You're all such fanatics, most of you are just like your anime!
It seems that some posing wannabe's have entered your town,
and are making it difficult to continue life. Mostly by killing you!
That's why I think Name Claiming isn't such a bad idea. But I agree DONT name claim right now - someone should come up with an ordered list with which to do it to try and force out a fake claim.
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:18 pm

Post by cuban smoker »

Foolish mortals! Mert: you show no intuition and only seek to deconstruct arguments.

You must empathize with the player, Skruffs got it:
We have three power roles outed already - and ubertimmy better have a reason for being a very very bad lynch.
If ubertimmy were actually a townie, he shouldn't have used the defense he did. Thus he is less likely to be townie, and more likely to be mafia.
Mert wrote:cuban smoker wrote:
It is important, if we do this name-claim, that we do it in an arbitrary order.

cuban smoker wrote:
We should try and force mafia to go first so we have the chance to catch them with a counter-claim.

There seems to be a large conflict between these two quotes. If we're to reach a general consensus on who is most scummy and force them to claim first, this is no longer arbitrary.
If we had a consensus on who was most scummy we could start lynching. If the list is arbitrary, mafia may randomly end up having to go first, which is better than having innocent people jumping forward. I know there is also the possibility of mafia fast claiming to appear innocent, which is why the arbitrary list is the most reliable way at getting mafia at the top of the list.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:35 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Hmm.
THE MOD wrote: Welcome to the town of Animeville. You're all such fanatics, most of you are just like your anime! It seems that some posing wannabe's have entered your town, and are making it difficult to continue life. Mostly by killing you!
Mod, I have a question. What exactly does "Posing wannabe's" mean?
I didn't even notice at first that we are not ACTUALLY our animes, we are just FANBOYS of our own specific animes. Thus the mafia are not really fanboys, they are... what... fake fanboys sent to kill us?
:(

MOD - CAN YOU EXPLAIN PLEASE?
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:52 pm

Post by IH »

Yes.

Like it said, you're all such big fanatics, you're just like your anime. Some of you just aren't as big of fanatics of your anime, as you are all anime fanatics, but are poser wannabe's that WANT to be as big of a fan as you.

Mod edit-
First post editted to reflect as such, as it seemed to be confusing. Apologies.
Last edited by IH on Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:54 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Ahh... jealousy rears it's ugly head. So the anime isn't important, it's the level of fandom of the wannabes that is important.
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:31 pm

Post by Yamahako »

Skruffs wrote:Ahh... jealousy rears it's ugly head. So the anime isn't important, it's the level of fandom of the wannabes that is important.
I guess that makes the claim largely worthless then, or harmless depending on perspective.
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:33 pm

Post by Yamahako »

Cubsfan4ever wrote:
Additionally 6 of his 15 posts yesterday were trying to get momentum on a Jack lynch.
uhh, by that logic shouldn't you be somewhat suspicious of the people advocating a lynch of AndrewS (including yourself).
Just was re reading Cubsfan in isolation and came upon this interesting blurb. The one he was quoting is me.

AndrewS wasn't hammered he was lynched by a majority of voters (not a true majority) at deadline. I wasn't advocating his lynch, I got on the wagon because I didn't want a no lynch (I said as much and didn't make any attempt to sway votes toward his wagon). This misrepresentation is pretty scummy, and most of what you've posted throughout the entire game is rather accusatory. You have yet to make a post with any actual analyzation (other than a weak one in defense of yourself).

What's your list of suspicion?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:19 am

Post by Skruffs »

Not to interrupt, but if you are voting for someone to be lynched, you are endorsing it.
If you didn't endorse it you shouldn't have done it. Jumping onto a wagon without any stated reasoning and then fossing other people on the wagon when it turns up wrong is... scumscum. So I keep my vote where it is. :D
Cubsfan4ever
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:42 am

Post by Cubsfan4ever »

I wasn't advocating his lynch, I got on the wagon because I didn't want a no lynch (I said as much and didn't make any attempt to sway votes toward his wagon).
You can't vote someone without thinking they're scummy. That just makes no sense. I was merely pointing out your hypocricy since you seem to find it a good enough reason to target me for trying to pressure Jack when he turned out town. You're just making no sense to me.

Vote: Yamahako

And uh.... unlike some of the votes you have cast apparently.. I do think you're scummy.
Unban me please

At the very least, at least respond to my unanswered PMs mith.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:19 am

Post by Mert »

Yamahako, how suspicious of AndrewS were you? Did you join the wagon mostly to avoid a no-lynch or were you mostly suspicious of him and joined because he was your favoured candidate at the time?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:59 am

Post by Skruffs »

here

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”