Mini 425 Generic Western Mafia- Game over!

Sefer
Sefer
Goon
Sefer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:24 pm

Post by Sefer »

Fourth official vote count:

Vryklan (2): Guardian, Vel-Rahn Koon
Guardian (2): Vryklan, Raffles
Avinyl (2): gorckat, John
Occult (1): DLMF
John (1): Ichigo
Ichigo (1): Avinyl
Honorary vote on Jesus Christ (1): Peter Venkman
Not voting: Occult, mustafa15

12 alive, 7 to lynch.

Ichigo hasn't picked up his prod. I'm checking with MeMe to see what the protocol on getting a replacement in a mini is.
Ichigo
Ichigo
Townie
Ichigo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:53 pm

Post by Ichigo »

Sorry I've been away for a couple of days. I'll be more active now that I'm back. I am really sorry.
Who me? No, no I'm not guilty you've got the wrong person.

I can picture in my mind a world without hate, a world without war, and I can picture us attacking that world cause they'de never expect it.-Jack Handey
Ichigo
Ichigo
Townie
Ichigo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:12 pm

Post by Ichigo »

[quote=gorckat]Ichigo- Why does John not seem to be finding scum? You've posted less than he has...[/quote]

I don't know about you but all of his posts seem to be faked stupidity. I mean when you start asking questions about things that are answered in the thread title I have to wonder about you.
Ichigo
Ichigo
Townie
Ichigo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:17 pm

Post by Ichigo »

Avinyl wrote:
I have reread the thread, however, i can't see anything distinctly scummy.
DLMF
: Only 6 posts excluding confirmation, sticks with his vote because of gut feeling. I don't think he's scum though.
Gor
kc
at
: He seems to be very skeptical about why people vote.
Guardian
: He seems to be a little to eager newbie, but i have a gut feeling that he is scum and is just trying to seem like a little to eager newbie. I am also suspicious of the "speedlynch Raffles" and the proposition of a random lynch.
Ichigo
: 4 posts; Confirm, random vote, talking about the tigers on April 1.
John
: Many posts, but no post is longer than a few sentences. I don't know what to think about him.
Mustafa15
: Only a few short posts, however, he has posted that he would be away.
Occult
: Doesn't want to vote definitively yet, however, he is suspicious of 3 persons.
Peter Venkman
: Insists upon that we probably haven't any power roles. How can he be so sure?
Raffles
: I can't make up my mind on him, either he's town or he is scum that seems protown.
Vel-Rahn Koon
: He switched rather quickly from Guardian to Vryklan.
Vryklan
: I no longer know what to think.

Unvote Vryklan
Vote Ichigo
for reasons stated above.
You vote me when it seems, atleast to me, that you're really suspicious of Guardian, but of course I could be way off in my observation there, correct me if I'm wrong. I thought the whole point of the game was to lynch the mafia not lynch a random lurker. Oh and if you really want to put pressure on a lurker you're going to need more than one vote. ;)
Ichigo
Ichigo
Townie
Ichigo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:34 pm

Post by Ichigo »

Hmmm no edit button that's very incovenient

I can picture in my mind a world without hate, a world without war, and I can picture us attacking that world cause they'de never expect it.-Jack Handey
Avinyl
Avinyl
Townie
Avinyl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:49 pm

Post by Avinyl »

Ichigo wrote:
Avinyl wrote:
I have reread the thread, however, i can't see anything distinctly scummy.
DLMF
: Only 6 posts excluding confirmation, sticks with his vote because of gut feeling. I don't think he's scum though.
Gor
kc
at
: He seems to be very skeptical about why people vote.
Guardian
: He seems to be a little to eager newbie, but i have a gut feeling that he is scum and is just trying to seem like a little to eager newbie. I am also suspicious of the "speedlynch Raffles" and the proposition of a random lynch.
Ichigo
: 4 posts; Confirm, random vote, talking about the tigers on April 1.
John
: Many posts, but no post is longer than a few sentences. I don't know what to think about him.
Mustafa15
: Only a few short posts, however, he has posted that he would be away.
Occult
: Doesn't want to vote definitively yet, however, he is suspicious of 3 persons.
Peter Venkman
: Insists upon that we probably haven't any power roles. How can he be so sure?
Raffles
: I can't make up my mind on him, either he's town or he is scum that seems protown.
Vel-Rahn Koon
: He switched rather quickly from Guardian to Vryklan.
Vryklan
: I no longer know what to think.

Unvote Vryklan
Vote Ichigo
for reasons stated above.
You vote me when it seems, atleast to me, that you're really suspicious of Guardian, but of course I could be way off in my observation there, correct me if I'm wrong. I thought the whole point of the game was to lynch the mafia not lynch a random lurker. Oh and if you really want to put pressure on a lurker you're going to need more than one vote. ;)
I am not very suspicious of Guardian, i have only a small feeling that he is scum. However, now that you've posted, I'll
Unvote Ichigo
Vote John
, for posting many small posts without really saying much.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:41 am

Post by gorckat »

Avinyl wrote:
Gor
kc
at
:
:P

I'm a little surprised you're going after lurkers, Avi...we both know what that would've done to Newb 310 (for my side):evil:

I have been very skeptical of who and why people vote. The two C9s here and the off-site mini I'm in have created a healthy skepticism in my budding play-style.
Ichigo wrote:Hmmm no edit button that's very incovenient
Not at all- don't want people going back and changing stuff, now do you?

That's what EBWOP is- Edit By Way Of Post (if you ahdn't looked it up, yet).

I've skimmed a bit to try and get a feel for whom I think is scum, but I'm going to a baseball game later and don't really have too much time to blow at the moment :P

At the top of my list are the players with the fewest posts since they give us the least to go on, but I understand that some people just post less. As long as they come through when the chips are down, that's fine.

I'll post more tonight.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:01 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

What a weekend :P

@Vryk - thanks for posting a response to 107. The answer you gave was the one I was expecting (after all, applying what you would have done to someone else's actions and then pointing a finger for it is a good dose of craplogic), and I'm glad that you've given your reasons for keeping your vote where it is.

Unvote: Vryklan; Vote: Avinyl

Avinyl's vote switch in 180 seems off to me. He votes Ichigo in post 171 for "lurking", and then switches the vote 1/2 hour after Ichigo makes
ONE
post in response to the vote. For only having a "little suspicion" of Guardian you posted quite a bit about him in 171, yet you're gunning for lurkers and OMGUSing in the process? Seems like you're trying to point as many fingers as possible and sow confusion.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Ichigo
Ichigo
Townie
Ichigo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:17 am

Post by Ichigo »

gorckat wrote:
Ichigo wrote:Hmmm no edit button that's very incovenient
Not at all- don't want people going back and changing stuff, now do you?

That's what EBWOP is- Edit By Way Of Post (if you ahdn't looked it up, yet).

I've skimmed a bit to try and get a feel for whom I think is scum, but I'm going to a baseball game later and don't really have too much time to blow at the moment :P

At the top of my list are the players with the fewest posts since they give us the least to go on, but I understand that some people just post less. As long as they come through when the chips are down, that's fine.

I'll post more tonight.
Well it would be nice for misspelling, adding things to a post that you forget, etc.

But I guess I can live without it.

Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:19 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

Whoops, I didn't think my vote would be taken semi-seriously.

I never thought i'd be saying this:

Unvote: Jesus Christ

-Peter
Back off, man. I'm a scientist.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:53 am

Post by Guardian »

I am conflicted about posting when some others post so little but I'm bored so heregoes...
Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:What a weekend :P

@Vryk - thanks for posting a response to 107. The answer you gave was the one I was expecting (after all, applying what you would have done to someone else's actions and then pointing a finger for it is a good dose of craplogic), and I'm glad that you've given your reasons for keeping your vote where it is.

Avinyl's vote switch in 180 seems off to me. He votes Ichigo in post 171 for "lurking", and then switches the vote 1/2 hour after Ichigo makes
ONE
post in response to the vote. For only having a "little suspicion" of Guardian you posted quite a bit about him in 171, yet you're gunning for lurkers and OMGUSing in the process? Seems like you're trying to point as many fingers as possible and sow confusion.
Yeah, this seemed fishy to me too - it's incredibly ironic that he had internet problems or whatever and had to lurk and then was extremely suspicious of Ichigo for lurking... and then switched it. I don't want to unvote Vryklan just yet, but I think Avinyl deserves this pressure as his actions have been quite sneaky.

I read the newbie game gorckat mentioned, though, and both gorckat and avinyl's actions are consistent with being town... (avinyl lurking and gorckat NOT trusting people [he trusted people as mafia]) but in that game avinyl did not throw suspicion around randomly as he has here to an extent.. In that thread people listed their suspicions in a nifty column, I'm going to do it because it looked cool.

Most scummy

Vryklan
- bad logic, lurking while accused, defended by Raffles too much.
Avinyl
- throwing vote around, lurking, bad logic trying to just get people convicted, distancing from Vryklan and Ichigo (who I find suspicious) by voting and unvoting
Raffles
- defends me then attacks me, defends Vryklan heavily because they are irl friends.. acts really really pro-town then says that for sure the pro-town scum tell is a fallacy...
--gap--
Ichigo
- lurks a lot then comes back without adding much, bad vibe
mustafa15
- lurkish, randomish votes, bad vibe
DLMF
- lurkish
John
- lots of short posts, not a lot of explanation
Occult
- i have no real read on him yet, despite his many posts :(
--big gap--
Vel
- lots of good logic, could be a well hiding scum but I think that his interest in getting right people is genuine... loses some points for association with VTech, :lol:
Gorckat
- good vibe, his actions are consistently pro town, he is suspicious of everyone, his action is markedly different from when he was scum in the newbie game
Peter
- pointed out stuff that would not make sense for a scum to point out..
Least scummy
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:01 am

Post by Occult »

Avi's post doesn't help his position with me for many of the same reasons Vel pointed out. He disapears for a few days and when he comes back he switches his votes quickly and without much reason. I would like to hear his reasons for the vote switch.

FOS Avi
Ichigo
Ichigo
Townie
Ichigo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:16 am

Post by Ichigo »

Guardian wrote:I am conflicted about posting when some others post so little but I'm bored so heregoes...
Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:What a weekend :P

ONE
Yeah, this seemed fishy to me too - it's incredibly ironic that he had internet problems or whatever and had to lurk and then was extremely suspicious of Ichigo for lurking... and then switched it. I don't want to unvote Vryklan just yet, but I think Avinyl deserves this pressure as his actions have been quite sneaky.

I read the newbie game gorckat mentioned, though, and both gorckat and avinyl's actions are consistent with being town... (avinyl lurking and gorckat NOT trusting people [he trusted people as mafia]) but in that game avinyl did not throw suspicion around randomly as he has here to an extent.. In that thread people listed their suspicions in a nifty column, I'm going to do it because it looked cool.

Most scummy

Vryklan
- bad logic, lurking while accused, defended by Raffles too much.
Avinyl
- throwing vote around, lurking, bad logic trying to just get people convicted, distancing from Vryklan and Ichigo (who I find suspicious) by voting and unvoting
Raffles
- defends me then attacks me, defends Vryklan heavily because they are irl friends.. acts really really pro-town then says that for sure the pro-town scum tell is a fallacy...
--gap--
Ichigo
- lurks a lot then comes back without adding much, bad vibe
mustafa15
- lurkish, randomish votes, bad vibe
DLMF
- lurkish
John
- lots of short posts, not a lot of explanation
Occult
- i have no real read on him yet, despite his many posts :(
--big gap--
Vel
- lots of good logic, could be a well hiding scum but I think that his interest in getting right people is genuine... loses some points for association with VTech, :lol:
Gorckat
- good vibe, his actions are consistently pro town, he is suspicious of everyone, his action is markedly different from when he was scum in the newbie game
Peter
- pointed out stuff that would not make sense for a scum to point out..
Least scummy
I don't see much to add since I've already addressed the accusations against me. Unless of course I've missed something, which if you point out what I've failed to address then I'll do so.

It's kinda hard to get a clear read on people when you don't know how their style of play. If I had a better way then I would definately use it, but I've never played with you all before so I'll have to figure that out this game. I'm use to playing on a different forum where I know pretty much everyone that I play with, and maybe a few new faces every once-in-a-while.

John
John
stuck wiht bad english
John
stuck wiht bad english
stuck wiht bad english

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:02 pm

Post by John »

I play with short posts, please don't read it as a scumtell, it's the way I am.

I'm not giving posts with substance because I'm finding very little to go off of.

I'm keeping my vote on Avinyl, because of guardians comment on how he is distancing himself from Ichigo and Vrkylan. I agree, it seems suspicous.
I'm not who you think I am. Unless you guess right. Then you know who I am.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:29 pm

Post by gorckat »

DLMF hasn't posted in a few days- not since the gut vote 'busting'.

John's posts are a little intriguing...voting Guardian to "quiet him down", then a vote on DLMF to 'get his attenion', then I see an indirect defense of Vryklan:
I'm not seeing a good reason for Vryklan's 4 votes, would someone elaborate?
And most recently a calling out of lurkers with a vote on Avi and then a confirm vote on Avi.

Then he posted during the 45 minutes I've been reading the thread :P

I'm not sure what to make of it all...the votes feel fluid and slippery- like he wants them to stick but he doesn't want to make the case himself...

mustafa also voted Vryklan. He recently unvoted citing he's not sure why he was so unhappy with Vryklan and had thought he was acting the scummiest.

Occult suspects Avi Vryklan and Guardian together.

Peter Venkman hasn't committed too much since sharing his thoughts on roles and an early suspicion of Raffles and Guardian.

Raffles seems to be on the town's side...the only post that gives me real pause is his somewhat long defense of Vryklan. Has Vryklan answered all the suspicions put towards him, yet? Let's look!

Not really- he does say he bodged his theory on bodgey dice rolls. But he basically falls back to declaring Raffles the patron of Mafia newbies since Raffles also defended Guardian. His last post is some pretty superficial analysis- who's lurking and who hasn't said much...

Vel: Stays on Vrykan until he gets back in the game and now on Avinyl for his vote hops on lurkers.

1) At some point in this game, I'm going to shorten your name to something easier for me to type but not the way you'd choose to abbreviate it. Sorry.
2) I'm tired and way past my bedtime (:P) but I wanted to get a foundation to amend out there tomorrow in my spare time at work. Some people got more attention than others- don't get jealous! Just post more :)
3) I think I only looked at 8 other posters. So...sleepy...I'll catch up on anyone I missed tomorrow.
Avinyl
Avinyl
Townie
Avinyl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:04 pm

Post by Avinyl »

My reasoning for voting Ichigo

I was not very supicious of anyone, and so voted for the one who had participated the least. When he came back, i had no reason to vote him, so i voted John instead.

My reasoning for not being so suspicious of Guardian

I had many reasons to be supicious but none of them were strong reasons.
John
John
stuck wiht bad english
John
stuck wiht bad english
stuck wiht bad english

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm

Post by John »

Okay, here are some solid reason why I voted for Avinyl

1. Voting for a guy, puting 3rd vote on him. Not too scummy, considering it takes 7 to lynch, but it's ever so slightly suspicous to me.

2. He voted for me. Wait thats a bad reason. :P

3. In his 3rd post, he dismissed an accusation by saying he was tired, and didn't read (THEN WHY POST).

4. He also said it's better to vote than not to vote at all, which I don't agree with, not without proper information.

5. He THEN FoSed Guardian, which looked like a tatic to get the attention off him.

6. I belive the fact that he had log on problems, but still only 8 posts. He could post a little more.

7. You Vote for me, even though you stated that you didn't know what to think of me. So why me and not someone else?

8. You Unvote Ichigo then vote me after he posts and votes me. Seems kinda scum buddyish to me.
John
John
stuck wiht bad english
John
stuck wiht bad english
stuck wiht bad english

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:40 pm

Post by John »

EBWOP

If not scumbuddyish, its definately the start to a bandwagon with no reasoning behind it besides my short posts, and considering my lat post, the band wagon should get off at the next stop.
DLMF
DLMF
Townie
DLMF
Townie
Townie

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:23 pm

Post by DLMF »

Whoa, 2 pages!

I don't think my situation is going to get any better.

So I might miss a day or two.

Anyway, my thoughts:

I've looked through Occult's posts and and I can't get anything from it. It's very fragmented. He's my vote but like I said, it's not based on any evidence.

Also, I can't read anything from Avynl's, Ichigo's or mustafa's posts.

Vel-Rahn Koon is a guy who likes to prod. From his post's it looks like he's fishing. I like his style.

Guardian and gorckat appear to be pro-town. I like their posts. It's something to chew on. Same with Peter V. While he hasn't committed to any vote, he has made interesting points about the game.

Raffles seems adamant that Guardian is scum though. Look through his posts and there seems to be a pattern of him finding reason after reason why Guardian is suspicious.
FoS on Raffles
, for being overly aggressive in scum hunting.

Now I could be wrong but I'm suspicious of Vryklan because of what appears to be his close association to Raffles. If both are scum, they voted/fos each other early on as a distancing tactic. Now both are confident the other is town (raffles post 33 and vryklan post 9). :idea: Also both have voted for Guardian. Notice a pattern? Now, this is going to sound absurd but what if Guardian is scum? (I know, crazy!) And that both voting for Guardian is another distancing tactic. Another
FoS on Vryklin
, and
IGMEOY: Guardian
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:54 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Guardian wrote:I am conflicted about posting when some others post so little but I'm bored so heregoes...
Posting will spark discussion and give everyone a place to start from. If you're town, nothing you say should get you into trouble from which you can't extricate yourself, and if you're scum, posting more will help us catch you :D

The people that aren't posting are the ones likely to get voted off, because their not posting does two things:

1) It lets the scum hide with them.

2) Not joining the discussion forces the town to Lynch them, so that we can have people around who
will
participate and actively help us to find scum. If you're Town and you don't post, you're not helping the town. A Townie player should be posting regularly, and by his posts show that he is, in fact, pro-Town.

Don't ever feel bad about posting Guardian. If you see something suspicious, odd, whatever, POST! Call people out, make them defend themselves - that's the only way we can find the scum. The first day is usually the hardest, aside from a LyLo endgame, in that conversation can stall and people get antsy about wanting to move the game along. The best thing we can do is make sure we get
good conversation from everybody
on Day 1, that way we can identify possible scum on the latter days.

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:24 am

Post by Guardian »

question on general theory: is it sometimes better to not call out a scum so they won't be more careful, and then to point out fishy things after many slipups, or should I/we point out stuff as soon as we see it?
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:42 am

Post by gorckat »

FoS: Vryklan and Raffles

unVote: Avinyl

I've let my vote sit out there awhile, but I think its time to reel in my random vote.

I'm skeptical of the Vryklan/Raffles defense team. Raffles went to bat for Vryklan with nothing to go on and Vryklan has fallen back on that defense pointing out that Raffles also defended Guardian early on.

Since Vryklan is still voting Guardian, I'd like to hear more from him on why.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:44 am

Post by gorckat »

@Guardian: I say call them out. Don't hold back because if you are Nightkilled, we lose those thoughts and if you're getting lynched, its gonna make it harder to sift out OMGUS type accusations.

If you catch a contradiction, then point it out so we can break the person down.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:29 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

gorckat wrote:@Guardian: I say call them out. Don't hold back because if you are Nightkilled, we lose those thoughts and if you're getting lynched, its gonna make it harder to sift out OMGUS type accusations.

If you catch a contradiction, then point it out so we can break the person down.
/agree - no point in sitting on it.

Also, I'm of the opinion that you don't want to post too much detail. If you see something, point it out, but don't make the post too long and involved or you might give the person too much information from which they can formulate a "correct" response.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:40 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Avinyl wrote:
My reasoning for voting Ichigo

I was not very supicious of anyone, and so voted for the one who had participated the least. When he came back, i had no reason to vote him, so i voted John instead.
Sorry but I don't like this explanation. What was your reason for voting for John then? Why not just leave your vote on Ichigo? Why vote at all?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”