Goon
Eleven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:41 pm

Post by Eleven »

HEY TAMMY GET RID OF YOUR AFRO
A Faraday/KittyMo hydra.

/in to replace for Kids TV Characters Mafia!!
Sir Waffles Wafflington
Sir Waffles Wafflington
Goon
Sir Waffles Wafflington
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:42 pm

Post by Sir Waffles Wafflington »

Just to nitpick, we will actually flip ____ of All Trades. (The ___ gives away our flavour, which is awesome, and is why I said we're a modified JoAT.) Need to talk about whether to reveal more with Tammy when I get home.

Also, what part of "the thread closed before we could claim or leave a breadcrumb" don't you understand?
Crazy cat ladies.
Your New Gay Overlords
Your New Gay Overlords
Goon
Your New Gay Overlords
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:44 pm

Post by Your New Gay Overlords »

In post 1689, Untrod Tripod wrote:okay first of all I have a reason in that post. I think you're spending waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more time being defensive than you are actually scumhunting.
Defensiveness isn't scummy.

I'm going to go dig up a game later if I have to where I was on the ropes the entire game because there was a neverending barrage of people gunning for me and scum threw the exact same argument at me, "HURR DURR YOU ARE BEING DEFENSIVE".

When you
know
you're town and there's a chunk of players coming after you without actually giving any reasons, of course you're going to be on the defensive. You've played with me before and you should know that I am a selfish player, I can usually only really dig into things that directly involve me. It's why it was hard for me to give a shit about mollie vs Waffles, it's why I've focused so heavily on the people attacking me.

So your entire first point is invalid because town are just as likely (perhaps more likely) than scum to be overly defensive since THEY KNOW THE PERSON/PEOPLE ATTACKING THEM ARE
WRONG
. It gives you a very justified position with which to trade punches.
I mean I know you're doing like a thing where you change a few words around in the post I made and throw it back at me, but the fact is I have been pushing wagons, I have been hunting for scum, I have been trying to sort town and scum reads in a way that helps me play the game.
The fact is you've been pushing... every... single... wagon. You have no conviction behind your reads or anything you do. You're willing to vote anything that fucking breathes if it's easy and unwilling to do anything that's difficult or uncomfortable or might put you in a position where you'll be held accountable for your shit.
you? you've mainly complained about a handful of players scumreading you. that's at BEST anti-town behavior and at most likely scum behavior.
Sure, the thrust of what I've done today has revolved around defending myself from a neverending cascade of bullshit. I find it difficult to worry about who the lynch for the day will be when I'm lined up by a bunch of shitty players to be the lynch for the day. Look at my Day 1 posting and say it was "mainly complaining about a handful of players scumreading" me. I gave reads, I engaged on any front I found relevant, and a minor amount of posts were directed at the impending bullshit I sensed coming my way Day 2. LORDY LORDY LOOK AT THAT, I was right to be wary.
shit, you're trying to "scumhunt" off your "wagon" when there's been like 4-5 people voting you all game. you *really* think the majority of that was from scum? if scum were so damn scared of you that they'd throw numbers at you for a lynch they'd have just killed you last night.
UT. You're not this dumb. You're sincerely not, I know you, what the fuck is this shit?

Scum are going to push on me because I'm an easy lynch. There were enough murmurs of suspicion to keep me off the kill list and it's easily explained by just ONE of you/Fate being town, since scum could use that momentum to push a lynch forward without needing to do much of anything. If Fate is town here, he's loud enough to strongarm a lynch on me in which case scum can easily pile on the wagon. If you are town here, you and I had already promised each other a 1v1 dance today which makes it easy to piggyback onto that (and if we're both town, that's a juicy little buffet for scum to be able to pick EITHER side and win out on that arrangement).
Eleven
Eleven
Goon
Eleven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:45 pm

Post by Eleven »

Hey, stop revealing info xoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxox
A Faraday/KittyMo hydra.

Eleven
Eleven
Goon
Eleven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:45 pm

Post by Eleven »

Huh them reck posts are kinda pro town I should THINK about stuff. Maybe!
A Faraday/KittyMo hydra.

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:46 pm

Post by Ythan »

yeah same
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:47 pm

Post by Ythan »

Your New Gay Overlords (3) Fate, ChannelDelibird, Eleven
Eleven (0)
Iecerint (0)
Cheery Dog (0)
Untrod Tripod (2) Your New Gay Overlords, pirate mollie
Gammagooey (0)
InflatablePie (0)
Nuwen (4) Gammagooey, Cheery Dog, InflatablePie, Untrod Tripod
Ythan (0)
Axxle (0)
Sir Waffles Wafflington (2) Axxle, Ythan
eaglekit (0)
pirate mollie (1) eaglekit
ChannelDelibird (0)
Fate (0)

Not Voting (3) Iecerint, Nuwen, Sir Waffles Wafflington

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:47 pm

Post by Ythan »

Man why's cdb town again?
Eleven
Eleven
Goon
Eleven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:47 pm

Post by Eleven »

In post 1656, pirate mollie wrote:the multiball stuff was first brought up by me cos my wc implied that it might be multiball, that is what I thought at the time. I still think it is, I am just not sure what that means ergo 2 scum teams or scum team plus sk. the game feels odd.
also the win con is like standard so?
A Faraday/KittyMo hydra.

Your New Gay Overlords
Your New Gay Overlords
Goon
Your New Gay Overlords
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:49 pm

In post 1707, Ythan wrote:Man why's cdb town again?
I don't know. I'm waiting for him to explain why he joined my wagon after suggesting multiple times today I was a less desirable lynch.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:49 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1702, Your New Gay Overlords wrote:Scum are going to push on me because I'm an easy lynch.
...have you never played with you? no you aren't.
The fact is you've been pushing... every... single... wagon. You have no conviction behind your reads or anything you do. You're willing to vote anything that fucking breathes if it's easy and unwilling to do anything that's difficult or uncomfortable or might put you in a position where you'll be held accountable for your shit.
I'm not going to disagree with you that I've been pushing on a ton of wagons, but it's kind of contradictory to say that then try to argue that I'm not willing to put my vote out there. tunneling is WAY easier than hopping.
Sir Waffles Wafflington
Sir Waffles Wafflington
Goon
Sir Waffles Wafflington
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:50 pm

In post 1700, Eleven wrote:HEY TAMMY GET RID OF YOUR AFRO
Working on it!
Crazy cat ladies.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:50 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1699, Sir Waffles Wafflington wrote:
In post 1698, Tammy wrote:
In post 1692, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 1670, Sir Waffles Wafflington wrote:The way I view vig shots is if you don't have a strong scum read, you don't just shoot haphazardly. I view vig shots as taking out people, preferably who have already claimed, who are likely to be the lynch the next day anyway. We talked about potentially shooting a scum read and tossed around a couple of names. We were going to reread the game together but the site went down and we couldn't. Triforce was a claimed survivor, likely to be today's lynch anyway, so the vig shot there was practical no matter what our desires may or may not have been.

Why wouldn't we use that day one to take out the distraction for day two?

We couldn't use the hide last night. Mina had gotten permission from the mods to do her code thing and we had thought about potentially using it yesterday but the day was cut short anyway. Hiding yesterday would have been useless. If we lived great, we have a confirmed town. But if we died, no one would have any idea why we died. We will flip JoaT, not hider. We didn't get a chance to even crumb or claim that. It would have been a complete waste if we died. Also super glad we didn't, because if Ythan is telling the truth and vigged Triforce, if we would have died last night too by hiding behind scum, there would have been three deaths today and you guys would be running in circles thinking the setup was something it wasn't.
you guyz didn't think they were a distraction when trying to work with them?

this is what I don't get, if when playing a JOAT investigate first, vig kill later. <--- right?
I don't know why this is so hard to understand. It doesn't matter that *we* believed they had protown interests. Nobody else did. They were almost the lynch yesterday. They would have been the lynch today. They would have been a distraction. We removed the distraction. This is like optimal vig strategy.

I don't even understand the problem here. A third party claims. We have means to remove third party. We do that.

If we hide and die behind scum, we can't vig kill later? Because we're dead.

Anyway, I'm done. I don't know why I'm even trying. I'll let someone else explain it to you. I've reached my maximum limit and I have a party to go to.
I am trying to understand you guys so I do not death tunnel on you. cos vig over investigate doesn't make sense to me.
Anyway, I'm done. I don't know why I'm even trying. I'll let someone else explain it to you. I've reached my maximum limit and I have a party to go to.
when you do this shit it demotivates the game.

/hypocrite

if you were to unglue yourself off of your scumread on me where would you look?
whew!
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:51 pm

Post by Ythan »

It's not as if pushing one case requires 100% of your attention in a game.
Your New Gay Overlords
Your New Gay Overlords
Goon
Your New Gay Overlords
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:51 pm

I'm an easy lynch because there's support for it and I always have an incendiary/nuclear meltdown play-style. It's not like I let the lynch go through easy but it's something that CAN be pushed through because there's usually enough fringe support for it to make it work.

I never said you're not willing to put your vote out there; you're unwilling to commit to something enough to give actual stances, opinions, and reads to support those votes.
Eleven
Eleven
Goon
Eleven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:52 pm

Post by Eleven »

In post 1712, pirate mollie wrote:I am trying to understand you guys so I do not death tunnel on you. cos vig over investigate doesn't make sense to me.
Uh, mollie, they kind of already explained it like twice? Why doesn't it make sense with their role?

-KittyKat.
A Faraday/KittyMo hydra.

Your New Gay Overlords
Your New Gay Overlords
Goon
Your New Gay Overlords
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:53 pm

Augh I needed to be in the shower like an hour ago to go pick up Gamma but this is enthralling right now.

Okay I'm actually gonna step away now. I'll respond to things when I return if there's time.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:53 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1712, pirate mollie wrote:I am trying to understand you guys so I do not death tunnel on you. cos vig over investigate doesn't make sense to me.
mollie there was a claimed survivor. that's like got to be autovig.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:56 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1701, Sir Waffles Wafflington wrote:Just to nitpick, we will actually flip ____ of All Trades. (The ___ gives away our flavour, which is awesome, and is why I said we're a modified JoAT.) Need to talk about whether to reveal more with Tammy when I get home.

Also, what part of "the thread closed before we could claim or leave a breadcrumb" don't you understand?
the part where it should have been your MO from the getgo

but shouldawouldacoulda

are you guyz unglued?
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:07 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1717, Untrod Tripod wrote:
mollie there was a claimed survivor. that's like got to be autovig.
I disagree ut :(

I am probably pretty terrible at mafia
whew!
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:08 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

you're not terrible at mafia, mollie.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:24 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

OK, Reck, let me tell you about my thought process today. I'm pretty sure this is all stuff that has, at most, been pretty easily deducible given what I've already written today, but I can appreciate that :BIGPILEOFPOSTS: may have got in the way.

At the start of the Day, I ruled all of the following people out as people that I was willing to touch today with regards to voting: Iecerint, Eleven (minus that weird episode), Ythan, Waffles, mollie, Fate.

That left me with: Overlords, Cheery, UT, Gamma, Pie, Nuwen, Axxle, Eaglekit.

Of that group, I can't read Cheery, Gamma or Nuwen very well at all, although on my early Day 2 reread I decided that Gamma's stuff re: Dan made him an option I'd be willing to explore today. Nuwen's looking townier to me now but that's after my vote on you IIRC so at the time she was still a pretty 'meh' option as I didn't have much either way.

So I'm left with Overlords, Gamma, UT, Pie, Axxle and Eaglekit. I had a mild townping on Pie Day 1 so I ignored him (although right now I'm scanning his iso and I'm wondering if this isn't one of the townreads I should be revisiting). UT is an acknowledged possible but, as I've said, I'm not sure he meshes well with some of those other people on the list as buddies, so we leave him for a while as well.

So then I've got Overlords, Gamma, Axxle and Eaglekit. Of the four, I want to lynch Axxle the most, but a bunch of people who I think are town keep telling me Axxle is also town. I'm thinking back to the Balto game and I'm thinking, man, we did mislynch Axxle. I was kind of not around for that Day when it happened but I guess this is the sort of behaviour for which he might have been lynched then? So I want other options. Meanwhile Gamma and Eaglekit don't have a lot of support and they're not being discussed right then and there as a lynch candidate.

Now, yes, the thing about ActionDan immediately sheeping you gave me pause. I wrote question marks in my notes because I was thinking "would Dan do this to a scumbuddy?" and my gut answer was "maybe, but it seems more like an awkward interaction with a town player". HOWEVER. Now I'm thinking about my own logic and I realise that it's not like he's chosen to do that with youTown as opposed to some other scumbuddy instead. You're the only player with Overlords in your name. The choice for Dan is not "do I do this interaction with town or scum?", it's "do I do this interaction with Overlords as opposed to doing something else?" and, given that he was scum, it's a good enough opportunity to explicitly not do anything less brainless that I think he would have taken it regardless of your alignment, and therefore I don't really think that it's a reason to rule out voting for you anymore.

And that's how I got to an Overlords vote. I must say I'm liking your recent posting but, as is often the case when playing with you guys*, every time I turn to someone about whom I'm starting to worry, I see some enthusiastic posts or some such and I doubt myself. You can't all be earnest town! (*Anyone remember my vote history on Day 2 of Balto? Because I do.)

So what I intend to do, probably tomorrow but maybe in like 5 minutes considering that I've now kinda started by writing this post, is to go through the whole fucking game again, look fresh, try to ignore all the shiny words from all the shiny persuasive people, and decide where my best vote is all over again. I'm not sure it's going to end up on you, but it might. I'm not in love with your claim but I don't hate it as much as others. I'm not in love with your approach today but I don't hate it as much as others.

Also I'm town because I'm not ActionDan's buddy.

And this had better be one of my posts that you actually read because goddamnit you made me wall.
#greenshirtthursdays
Sir Waffles Wafflington
Sir Waffles Wafflington
Goon
Sir Waffles Wafflington
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:28 pm

Ythan, I cannot BEGIN to describe how pissed off I am with you right now. So in case you're not bluffing, I just want to tell you in advance...if you vig us and we die, ignore our breadcrumb. (I won't even bother arguing with you not to vig us, because I can just guess how well that will end.) The "modified" part of the hider means there's a very real chance your shot will actually hit us. There's a reason that when I claimed, I was so insistent that you don't treat our breadcrumb as gospel if we're the only death tonight.

I would much rather say this now than have it lead to a clusterfuck later on.
Crazy cat ladies.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:29 pm

Post by Fate »

I

I can't even read reck's posts anymore

the scumminess drips together and it just looks like some fucked up ink blot of mafia

my god

here's the play by play for what I could stomach:

"Im bein lazy? yeah well im tired, tired of this shit..."

*realizes subconsciously he's being called out for being lazy and actively switches gears*

"RAWRAWRAWRWRAWR IS THIS WHAT YOU EPOPELE WANT WTF I VOTED FOR A VIABLE WAGON CAUSE GAMMA TOLD ME AND NOT ACTUALLY PUSHING THE READS ITHAT I SAY I BELIEVE IN AND THAT MAKES ME FUCKING SCUM? THERE CAPS ARE YOU HAPPY??!?!?"

*realizes hes being called out for lazy wagonning and not voting his scumreads*

"DIE UT DIE MOTHERFUCKER LETS TANGO"

I've liked your posts as well this game Ythan. Well starting from "this does not bode well, Waffles." I've gotten over that whole death note vigging thing
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Sir Waffles Wafflington
Sir Waffles Wafflington
Goon
Sir Waffles Wafflington
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:31 pm

Fate you never answered what game I fooled you as scum in?
Crazy cat ladies.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”