Mini 425 Generic Western Mafia- Game over!

Vryklan
Vryklan
Townie
Vryklan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:37 am

Post by Vryklan »

Guardian wrote:Vryklan post, seriously, you're looking scummier each day.

Scum? Just for being busy and having log on problems? Clear logical thinking there :roll:

Anyway, forget the whole dice thing, i was just trying to make a point but obviously i didnt make it well...

As for the shotgun thing, you guys actualy took me seriously? Don't u guys shout shotgun to claim something in the states? Or is it just a brit thing over here?

As regards to who ever said it, shotgun actualy came from the american police as when they went on patrol one officer would shout "shotgun" to claim riding shotgun over driving.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:59 am

Post by Raffles »

Vryklan, give me your brief analysis on people in this game.
Woof!
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:22 pm

Post by gorckat »

Occult wrote:FOS: Vry

I don't remember him posting that he was going to be gone for a few...... I'd like to vote for him but with him this close to getting lynched I'd like to see him post first.
Please elaborate on why you want to vote him. Are Guardian and John no longer suspiscous to you? If not, what makes Vryklan moreso?
Vryklan wrote:Anyway, forget the whole dice thing, i was just trying to make a point but obviously i didnt make it well...
What point?

And I thought the whole shotgun thing went back to the American West stagecoach days when someone had to ride 'shotgun' to shoot bandits and stuff...I'm sure wikipedia has something on it, but that's neither here nor there.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:02 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Vryklan wrote:
Guardian wrote:Vryklan post, seriously, you're looking scummier each day.

Scum? Just for being busy and having log on problems? Clear logical thinking there :roll:
Welcome back Vryk! He didn't call you scum, he said your actions were scummy. There's a difference.
Vryklan wrote:As for the shotgun thing, you guys actualy took me seriously? Don't u guys shout shotgun to claim something in the states? Or is it just a brit thing over here?
See post 111. I don't think anyone took this any way other than you meant it.

Please address Gorckat's post 107, and Raffle's post 151.

More later, I need sleep :(
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
John
John
stuck wiht bad english
John
stuck wiht bad english
stuck wiht bad english

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:44 pm

Post by John »

VaL, I got your shotgun post. I dont get why it's relevent to be honest.
I'm not who you think I am. Unless you guess right. Then you know who I am.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:08 am

Post by Raffles »

Okay so we know that Vryklan was not lurking, I still don’t see good explanation why Vryklan still has 4 votes on him.

VRK’s reason

[quote=”VRK”]
1. The first one is, I believe, a random vote from the beginning of the game. The others stem from Vryk not answering Gorckat's question in post 107 and then disappearing for 3 days (read: Lurking).

2. My vote is a pressure vote, and if his explanation to Gorc's question in 107 is answered to my satisfaction, I'll remove it.
[quote=”Gorc”] Setting aside that Guardian did use the dice tag, I fail to see how the number you would select proves that Guardian chose it deliberately[/quote] [/qupote]

First point is void. I answered it.
[quote=”Raffles] I don't count the d12 roll against him. We know each other, and we would both know we would vote each other for a laugh. That's what he meant by the emphasis of 11. [/quote]

2nd point is sort of a valid as a pressure vote stand alone. But you did say if the first question is answered you’ll remove the vote.

Mustafa’s reason

[quote=”Mustafa”] I don't count the d12 roll against him. We know each other, and we would both know we would vote each other for a laugh. That's what he meant by the emphasis of 11. [/quote]

Since your reason is same as VRK’s, I’ll expect an explanation from you as well once you get back.

Avinyl’s reason

[quote=”Avinyl”] Putting the third vote on someone is as good a reason as any for being random voted.[/quote]
Very old reason. I expect a better reason at this stage.

Guardian’s reason

[quote=”Guardian”] Well he knows Raffles IRL... And maybe he is a mafioso and would want Raffles out of the game. Combined with this very good catch by gorckat and Vryklan claiming shotgun (mafia I assume) in post 108, Unvote, Vote: Vryklan![/quote]

We have explained the shotgun too, this is no longer valid either.

I need explanation on why they still have the vote on Vryklan, since non of these are valid, save maybe pressure voting. I got a gut feeling that there is a very good chance that there is at least one scum on this wagon.

Of the four, I find Guardian suspicious the most. His reason is very stretchy, Vryklan explained himself on “shotgun”, yet he still hasn’t unvoted. His first part of wanting me out doesn’t really makes sense. And I also noticed that Vryklan has his vote on Guardian. I refuted his reasons, yet he still has kept the vote on him. I’m adding the consideration of scum-distancing. It would be interesting if Guardian actually turned out to be a scum.

Vote: Guardian
Woof!
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:23 am

Post by Occult »

I agree Vry shouldn't have four votes on him. The main reason he was voted for was lurking and he was having log on problems.

Now this is interesting, Avinyl hasn't posted about the same amount of time Vry had, but we're not jumping on him.....
Guardian wrote:I'm here but do not have much more to contribute at this time... I have some feelings about who might be mafia (other than those already explained) but at this time they are no more than feelings, and I don't particularly want to tip the mafia off to them...

Vryklan post, seriously, you're looking scummier each day.
I don't know but it seems he is diverting attention from the fact that Avinyl hasn't posted either.

This could show a connection between Avi and Guardian.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:32 pm

Post by gorckat »

@Occult: Please see post 152- I had a few questions for you. Your last post seems to be quite a reversal on your stance towards Vryklan.

I agree that Avinyl hasn't been as aggresively targeted.

@Raffles: You seem to be defending Vryklan quite a bit. I, for one, would like him to answer all the questions put to him on his own. At this point, if one of you turns up scum I excpect the other would, too.

And I'm not understanding the reasoning leading up to the vote on Guardian...could you rewrite it all a little more coherently?
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:41 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Raffles wrote:Okay so we know that Vryklan was not lurking, I still don’t see good explanation why Vryklan still has 4 votes on him.

VRK’s reason

VRK wrote: 1. The first one is, I believe, a random vote from the beginning of the game. The others stem from Vryk not answering Gorckat's question in post 107 and then disappearing for 3 days (read: Lurking).

2. My vote is a pressure vote, and if his explanation to Gorc's question in 107 is answered to my satisfaction, I'll remove it.
”Gorc” wrote: Setting aside that Guardian did use the dice tag, I fail to see how the number you would select proves that Guardian chose it deliberately
First point is void. I answered it.
Raffles wrote: I don't count the d12 roll against him. We know each other, and we would both know we would vote each other for a laugh. That's what he meant by the emphasis of 11.
2nd point is sort of a valid as a pressure vote stand alone. But you did say if the first question is answered you’ll remove the vote.
I will remove it for sure, when
VRYK
answers the questions posted in 107 and 151.
You
are not Vryklan, even though you two are RL friends, that doesn't make it ok in my book for you to answer for him, therefore my first point is in no way, shape, or form, void - Vryklan needs to speak for his own actions. So, until I get something from
him
, answering those questions to my satisfaction, the vote is staying where it is.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:10 pm

Post by Occult »

As of right now I am suspicious of Guardian, Avinyl and Vry. I don't believe I have enough make a defenite vote (It's only page 7) but I would like to here from these three regaurding the accusations.

Vry has said only one thing when he came back and that was regaurding the shotgun comment (I don't know how that was taken the wrong way) but he hasn't offered anything substantial since then. I really want to hear from him what he thinks of where people stand.

Avinyl seems to be lurking and his only real accusation was guardian for appearing too town like. This could fit with my Guardian/Avi connection theory.

Guardian is the most suspicious to me for all the reasons mentioned above by Vel but also if you look at his posts he posted dilengently at least once a day (Ussually more) until about the time Vry reappeared. he hasn't posted three days since. This could show he took the Vry distraction to lurk for a bit.
John
John
stuck wiht bad english
John
stuck wiht bad english
stuck wiht bad english

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:24 pm

Post by John »

Unvote, Vote: Avinyl

A total of 4 post. 7 pages. Lurker.

One post was a random vote, the second explained the random vote. So 2 posts that count.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:14 am

Post by Raffles »

gorckat wrote:And I'm not understanding the reasoning leading up to the vote on Guardian...could you rewrite it all a little more coherently?
Of the four, I find Guardian's reasons most lame, especially considering it was posted at the most latest of the four. He is an active player, his points have been refuted, but his vote is still on Vryklan. As a side note, Vryklan Guardian could be distancing, but this is a far-fetched and merely a consideration at back of my mind.
Woof!
Avinyl
Avinyl
Townie
Avinyl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:13 am

Post by Avinyl »

For some reason, i couldn't log in to mafiascum, but now i am here again. I am rereading and analyzing right now, but i think i will be done soon.
Vryklan
Vryklan
Townie
Vryklan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:16 am

Post by Vryklan »

Ok, so in response to post 107:
In fact if i was making up a random d12 result 11 is the number i would have gone for too which reinforces my point.

Vote: Guardian
Setting aside that Guardian did use the dice tag, I fail to see how the number you would select proves that Guardian chose it deliberately.
What i was trying to say was; from a psycological point of view i think that the number 11 is the most likely number some one who is trying to bodge a d12 dice result would use. I realised that that would be the number I would have chosen and so maybe there is a psycological element behind the choice. But as Guardian did in fact use a random dice generator this whole idea is in fact invalid.

However as Raffles cleverly noticed I havent retracted my vote on Guardian and this is because I remain unconvinced of his innocence. In fact I'm sure i put an FoS on him as well...

As for my thoughts on each player I will post them shortly when i've had a chance to read through everything again.
Vryklan
Vryklan
Townie
Vryklan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:21 am

Post by Vryklan »

gorckat wrote: @Raffles: You seem to be defending Vryklan quite a bit. I, for one, would like him to answer all the questions put to him on his own. At this point, if one of you turns up scum I excpect the other would, too.
I think you'll find that he did the same for Guardian earlier on in the game. Now, seen as both Guardian and I are newbies to this forum It would seem that Raffles is just sticking up for new people and as this attitude is helpful rather than destructive I would put Raffles as a deffinate town candidate.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:22 am

Post by Raffles »

Vryklan wrote:However as Raffles cleverly noticed I havent retracted my vote on Guardian and this is because I remain unconvinced of his innocence. In fact I'm sure i put an FoS on him as well...
You should never be convinced of anyone's innocence unless in extreme circumstances. That's not a reason to keep a vote on someone.
Woof!
John
John
stuck wiht bad english
John
stuck wiht bad english
stuck wiht bad english

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:26 am

Post by John »

My vote will remain on Avinyl untill he provides some good info to make up for his long absence.
Vryklan
Vryklan
Townie
Vryklan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:26 am

Post by Vryklan »

John wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Avinyl

A total of 4 post. 7 pages. Lurker.

One post was a random vote, the second explained the random vote. So 2 posts that count.
For some reason, i couldn't log in to mafiascum, but now i am here again. I am rereading and analyzing right now, but i think i will be done soon.
I would have to agree with John here, I understand about Avinyl's log in problems having experienced them myself but he was away alot longer than me and even his few posts that he has made have been brief as pointed out by John there.

But i will wait for Avinyl's reread and post before I make a decision on where i think he stands.

ps, sorry for the multiple postings but i cant put all my ideas in one post. I'll try and spread them out a bit
Vryklan
Vryklan
Townie
Vryklan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:56 am

Post by Vryklan »

So more thoughts...

Vel and Peter: as the more experinced players these guys seem a bit distant at the mo. They only really correct points made and point things out, I don't think I've seen a definitive decision or accusation from either of them yet.

Mustafa: linked to John's comment on Avinyl lurking, mustafa hasnt said an awful lot either which leads me to think he's also lurking. More posts from him?
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:05 am

Post by Raffles »

Okay I'm going to have a restricted access starting immediate until 16th. I may or may not be able to post once a day. I hope you don't find a need to replace me.
Woof!
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:29 am

Post by Guardian »

Occult wrote:Guardian is the most suspicious to me for all the reasons mentioned above by Vel but also if you look at his posts he posted dilengently at least once a day (Ussually more) until about the time Vry reappeared. he hasn't posted three days since. This could show he took the Vry distraction to lurk for a bit.
Nah, I just got busy and disinterested with the game, and realized that it makes no sense to post much more than the least posting person, as they determine the pace of the game. We can't really take a good stand on anyone, for example, until Ichigo posts, because whatever we believe about anyone else, we won't have enough information about Ichigo to see if he is really a better scum candidate. Summary: I'm simply not going to post as often as I was, because there is no point... PS: Occult, What post did Vel say good reasons about me being suspicious, so I can address them?

I see good reasons for voting Avi, but even if Vryklan's reasons for being inactive are valid, I still am most suspicious of him. His most recent post about how 11 is a great random number to pick when rolling d12 does nothing to hack away at gorckat and my theory, and he goes on to say that his statement was invalid, but that there may be psychological reasons behind it. Raffles and Vryklan are still suspicious to me, maybe Raffles moreso than Vryklan...

Right now Avi(until he posts), Ichigo, Raffles, Vryklan, and slightly Occult(just OMGUS reasons for Occult) are most suspicious to me.

Forum mafia is quite frustrating -.-.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Avinyl
Avinyl
Townie
Avinyl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:01 pm

Post by Avinyl »

I have reread the thread, however, i can't see anything distinctly scummy.
DLMF
: Only 6 posts excluding confirmation, sticks with his vote because of gut feeling. I don't think he's scum though.
Gor
kc
at
: He seems to be very skeptical about why people vote.
Guardian
: He seems to be a little to eager newbie, but i have a gut feeling that he is scum and is just trying to seem like a little to eager newbie. I am also suspicious of the "speedlynch Raffles" and the proposition of a random lynch.
Ichigo
: 4 posts; Confirm, random vote, talking about the tigers on April 1.
John
: Many posts, but no post is longer than a few sentences. I don't know what to think about him.
Mustafa15
: Only a few short posts, however, he has posted that he would be away.
Occult
: Doesn't want to vote definitively yet, however, he is suspicious of 3 persons.
Peter Venkman
: Insists upon that we probably haven't any power roles. How can he be so sure?
Raffles
: I can't make up my mind on him, either he's town or he is scum that seems protown.
Vel-Rahn Koon
: He switched rather quickly from Guardian to Vryklan.
Vryklan
: I no longer know what to think.

Unvote Vryklan
Vote Ichigo
for reasons stated above.
mustafa15
mustafa15
Goon
mustafa15
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:40 pm

Post by mustafa15 »

Just checking in, probably only time until Tuesday, in this post, I'm going to answer stuff directed at me.
Vryklan wrote:Mustafa: linked to John's comment on Avinyl lurking, mustafa hasnt said an awful lot either which leads me to think he's also lurking. More posts from him?
I posted explaining my abcense already...
mustafa15 wrote:I'm going to be pretty inactive until Tuesday, because I just found out that my family is visiting other family in Minnesota, and they have pretty bad internet. I might check in once on the weekend.
Next

Raffles wrote: Mustafa’s reason
”Mustafa” wrote: I don't count the d12 roll against him. We know each other, and we would both know we would vote each other for a laugh. That's what he meant by the emphasis of 11.

Since your reason is same as VRK’s, I’ll expect an explanation from you as well once you get back.
I don't know what you're talking about, I never said that, you said that, in post 122...

I voted on Vryklan just as a gut feeling. I thought that he had been acting the scummiest in the game so far, and so I voted him. Rereading this thread, I honestly don't quite see what I was so unhappy about, so I'll
unvote:Vryklan
. I definetly agree that he doesn't deserve to have 4 votes on him.
mustafa15
mustafa15
Goon
mustafa15
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:42 pm

Post by mustafa15 »

EBWOP

Looks like quote within a quote isn't working, just in case there is any confusion, Raffles said this "Since your reason is same as VRK’s, I’ll expect an explanation from you as well once you get back."
I'm back
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:57 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

Avinyl wrote:Peter Venkman: Insists upon that we probably haven't any power roles. How can he be so sure?
I feel this is a misrepresentation. I pointed out what I felt was important information in the opening post. I still feel it is important, and will be skeptical of role claims.

This is my second mafia game
ever
. I could be reading into the "flavor" of the game too much. Either way, lets not further the role discussion as it can only lead to fishing.

Also, it is Easter weekend: the time when the people gave a hearty
Vote: Jesus Christ
. Remember some people celebrate this mislynch and the following suprise Role Reveal
(
You are: The Son of God. You come back two days after your death and are allowed two posts before ascension to heaven
)

... so give the non-posters some slack.

-Peter
Back off, man. I'm a scientist.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”