Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:11 pm

Post by Yaw »

Smartass. :P

Vote Count:

Quagmire (1): Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin (1): Quagmire

Not Voting: Coron, Save The Dragons, mystery meat of doom, PookyTheMagicalBear, spectrumvoid, Thok

5 to lynch
Success breeds suspicion
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:39 am

Post by Quagmire »

I really think that we need some more participation/replacements and the deadline to be extended.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:55 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

We need more participation if we're going to convince the mod to extend the deadline.
Permanent V/LA.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:37 am

Post by Yaw »

Well, only two people have yet to pick up their prods, and those two are fairly reliable overall. So it isn't a matter of people needing replacement. It's a matter of people needing to get off their asses, which there's only so much I can help with.

Since it is the Easter weekend, and I expect that has a bit to do with this, I'm going to extend the deadline to
Friday, April 13
. Don't expect it to get moved or repealed again unless people start posting.
Success breeds suspicion
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:54 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

People Total: 25
People Living: 8
Scum Total: 4-6ish
Scum Found: 2 + 1 SK

6 scum impossible, 5 scum = lylo today, 4 = lylo tommorrow.

Coron -- Nothing seems out of the ordinary to me.
Quagmire (replacing Harry_Potter) -- Makes sense logically, but seems to be honest.
Thok (replacing ibaesha) -- Hmmm...
Mastermind of Sin -- Seems pro-town
mystery meat of doom -- I am on the fence with him.
PookyTheMagicalBear -- Hmmm...
spectrumvoid (replacing Shamrock) -- I had doubts in the past, not so much anymore...

I think MMod is likely, but I don't want to vote for anyone until I look back on a few players or time runs out (the latter of which is more likely to happen).
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:41 pm

Post by Thok »

Save The Dragons wrote:Thok (replacing ibaesha) -- Hmmm...
?
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:44 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Are you saying that you think Thok who replaced Ibby who went after Fuldu(scum) very hard is actually scum who tried to throw her partner under the bus at a time that made no taouctical sense?(because I don't see Ibby as the type who'd throw under the bus, and the timing isn't right either)

fos STD
(i've been wondering why thok hasn't bit the dust after fuldu came up scum, I think scum forgetting he was as confirmed as it gets from d4 interaction would make more sense than him actually being scum which I think is very long shot)
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:12 am

Post by Coron »

I unfortunately have limited access until Monday.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:43 pm

How many people are we waiting on from Pooky's assignment?
Permanent V/LA.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:31 pm

Post by Thok »

I think close to everybody needs to go. I mean I haven't even done you yet. I think you, STD, and Pooky are the only people to go.

As for my earlier question-I can't see what benefit there is for you as town to suggest that there is a protown reason for what Pooky did, especially since I had already commented about that reason (I had said that using me as a sanity check this late in the game is dumb, unless you felt it important to defend Pooky. Given that Pooky falls into my collection of people that I have little to no read on, this makes me wonder why you would be confident enough in Pooky to do that.

Notice this isn't the first time this has come up; you defended Pooky earlier in the game also (from MBL, for example).

@Pooky-I would have strongly prefered you let STD react to my comment without you making a massive accusation on him.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:40 pm

if we weren't low on time, I would've
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:05 pm

Thok wrote:I think close to everybody needs to go. I mean I haven't even done you yet. I think you, STD, and Pooky are the only people to go.

As for my earlier question-I can't see what benefit there is for you as town to suggest that there is a protown reason for what Pooky did, especially since I had already commented about that reason (I had said that using me as a sanity check this late in the game is dumb, unless you felt it important to defend Pooky. Given that Pooky falls into my collection of people that I have little to no read on, this makes me wonder why you would be confident enough in Pooky to do that.

Notice this isn't the first time this has come up; you defended Pooky earlier in the game also (from MBL, for example).

@Pooky-I would have strongly prefered you let STD react to my comment without you making a massive accusation on him.
I didn't say his reasoning was necessarily protown, but it was what I would expect as a genuine answer. Whether he's scum or not, his role is separate, and if his answer didn't feel genuine to me, then that would be a point in favor of him being scum.
Permanent V/LA.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:38 pm

Post by Thok »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Thok wrote:I think close to everybody needs to go. I mean I haven't even done you yet. I think you, STD, and Pooky are the only people to go.

I didn't say his reasoning was necessarily protown, but it was what I would expect as a genuine answer. Whether he's scum or not, his role is separate, and if his answer didn't feel genuine to me, then that would be a point in favor of him being scum.
OK, replace protown in my arguement with "genuine"; my question still stands.

I'm not really asking whether or not Pooky's argument is valid/genuine/tangerine; I'm wondering why you would suggest that there could be a valid/genuine/tangerine argument in support of Pooky's decision. I'm trying to decide if you are scum who is either kissing up to Pookytown or defending Pookyscum.
mystery meat of doom
mystery meat of doom
Goon
mystery meat of doom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:23 pm

Post by mystery meat of doom »

I'm in the middle of exams.
Buy mystery meat.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:26 am

I'm not understanding you, Thok. Whether or not Pooky was right in the decision he made, that doesn't make it any less genuine. If I had been in Pooky's place, that's what I would've done, and that's the reason I would've done it. Therefore, if he gave the same reasoning, I can believe that he was genuine in that explanation. I don't see how you think this has any bearing on alignment, however. Both scum and town can tell the truth when it comes to their roles.
Permanent V/LA.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:47 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Pooky: If you think scum had forgotten that Thok is cleared, why did you deliberately alert scum to that fact?
Blank.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:49 am

Post by Thok »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I'm not understanding you, Thok. Whether or not Pooky was right in the decision he made, that doesn't make it any less genuine. If I had been in Pooky's place, that's what I would've done, and that's the reason I would've done it. Therefore, if he gave the same reasoning, I can believe that he was genuine in that explanation. I don't see how you think this has any bearing on alignment, however. Both scum and town can tell the truth when it comes to their roles.
I'M NOT USING THIS DISCUSSION AS A WAY TO ASSESS POOKY!!!!

I'M USING IT AS A WAY TO ASSESS YOU!

I want to know why you are letting Pooky know that there is some sort of "right answer" to my question.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:02 am

Because at this point in the game, it's quite likely that catching scum is more important than keeping a cleared player safe.( I would expect 3 scum remaining, at the very least 2)
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:41 pm

Thok wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:I'm not understanding you, Thok. Whether or not Pooky was right in the decision he made, that doesn't make it any less genuine. If I had been in Pooky's place, that's what I would've done, and that's the reason I would've done it. Therefore, if he gave the same reasoning, I can believe that he was genuine in that explanation. I don't see how you think this has any bearing on alignment, however. Both scum and town can tell the truth when it comes to their roles.
I'M NOT USING THIS DISCUSSION AS A WAY TO ASSESS POOKY!!!!

I'M USING IT AS A WAY TO ASSESS YOU!

I want to know why you are letting Pooky know that there is some sort of "right answer" to my question.
I understand you're trying to assess me. What I'm trying to point out is that you were assuming that I was assessing Pooky in a positive way based on his response, when I did no such thing. Had he given another answer, I might have been able to use it to assess his guilt, but given the circumstances, it shows nothing one way or the other. You don't seem to be understanding that.
Permanent V/LA.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:12 am

Post by Yaw »

*grumble*Stupid corrupted backup*grumble*

Ok, the deadline passed with no lynch, so we're technically in night. The final vote count was:

Vote Count

Quagmire (1): Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin (1): Quagmire

Not Voting: Coron, Save The Dragons, mystery meat of doom, PookyTheMagicalBear, spectrumvoid, Thok

Because of the downtime and backup errors, I have no night choices in my PM box. To those with choices, please resend. I'm going to set up a new night deadline so everyone has a chance to do this -- let's make it
Tuesday, April 24 at Midnight EDT
. I'll also prod people with choices as we get closer to the date.

I hope this is not too much of an inconvenience.
Success breeds suspicion
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:30 pm

Post by Yaw »

I have all the choices on time, but I'm tired tonight. I'll figure things out and open the game tomorrow.
Success breeds suspicion
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:08 pm

Post by Yaw »

Another grey morning dawns. Perhaps this morning will be better. Perhaps your lack of action yesterday has convinced the scum to stop killing your colleagues through its peacefulness.

Alas, it is not to be, for there is someone missing at breakfast. A search of the building reveals a beautiful new bear-skin rug adorning the floor of an office...and behind it the rest of PookyTheMagicalBear's corpse. If anything, the situation is growing worse. With liberal use of ACME(TM) Disenfectant, you clean and lock up the office, noting no indications that Pooky was involved with evil forces.

On your return to the cafeteria, you find a notice on the board. Thok has been reassigned to Jack Irving's office.

PookyTheMagicalBear, killed Night 7 (Jack Adams, formerly Jack Macdonald, Pro-Town)
Thok reassigned to the office of Jack Irving

It is now
Day 8
. With 7 alive, it will take
4 to lynch
Success breeds suspicion
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1823 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:55 pm

2 scum and 1 sk dead, so I'm guessing 1-2 scum left, probably two. Since that would put us at lynch or lose, I'm not going to put my vote back on Quagmire. I'm not sure why everyone let you slip through the cracks yesterday, and now we're in a bit more of a bind.
FoS: Quagmire
, at least. TBH, I'm thinking that our best strategy at this point would be to go for No Lynch, since we're at an even number of people, with 1 NK per night. This will reduce the number of suspects we have to sort through, and probably gives us the best chance of winning. In addition, if any of us have offices that actually do anything, it'll give us more time to utilize them and gather information. Of course, if anyone has a better idea, I'm all ears, but standard procedure is telling me that our best bet is a No Lynch, given the circumstances.
Permanent V/LA.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1824 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:58 pm

Post by Thok »

Um, there are 7 people alive.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”