NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7850 (ISO) » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:56 am

Post by Norlkaz »

KBBQ produced an ABYSMAL content rate through their first hundred or so posts.
Yeah, whole first ISO page is pretty execrable. Low read elasticity too. Gigantic numbers of trash posts.
Very solid scum candidate so far off his mentions of scums too.
I hope the townreads people have on him make nonzero sense after another 500 posts because this game was supposed to be obv casso + SAD bang bang end.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7851 (ISO) » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:48 pm

Post by Empire »

Day 7, Votecount 4
Norlkaz (2)
-
Prophylaxis, Ser Arthur Dayne

Ser Arthur Dayne (1)
-
Norlkaz

Sakura Hana (1)
-
KoreanBBQ

Not Voting (5)
-
Casso the King of Seals, Ms Marangal, pieguyn, goodmorning, Sakura Hana

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch! Deadline is on March 8th at 3:25 PM EST or in (expired on 2014-03-08 16:22:01).

Mod Notes
-
N/A

NOTE: I have added 24 hours to the deadline due to the site downtime that occurred. I have also reset the prod timers at this post due to the fact that evidently some posts are missing and I don't know who posted during that time.
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7852 (ISO) » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:32 pm

Post by Norlkaz »

BBQ unfortunately cannot be removed from the lynchpile at this time. Poor reflecting interactions with generic.
Muffin protected (don't lynch list) after Gen dies. Sketchy interaction there as well.
Low evidence of trying to figure things out and make scumlynches happen, particularly for an outrageously long ISO.
Not nearly so many OH YEAH TIME TO KILL IT pings as SAD though.

I'm pondering lynching Casso today because he may add 2 scumvotes via sakuraproxy.
SAD looks like a very high success-probability lynch though.

Anyway, Casso and Proph, and then deadscum reexamination, then a round among the remaining scums to figure out which isn't.
Once game totally solved, I will make a proclamation of what to do tomorrow, we lynch one scum, I get NKed, and hopefully you doofuses lynch the other scum tomorrow as instructed.
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7853 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:54 am

Post by Norlkaz »

I was thinking about things this morning and realized I'm actually probably in some danger (if and only if Casso is scum).
If Cassoscum then I could eat sakura nacho and BBQ votes and die, which would suck.
Nacho's really the best placed to read me here, having had a lot of exposure to my recent scum & town games and the embarrassingly obvious differences between them.
If people genuinely don't trust me for some reason, I might be okay with an "I get one shot to lynch scum and if I miss I get lynched tomorrow and then you guys lynch my second target the day after when I've flipped town" deal.
I'd hope to eliminate somebody in my pool as a scumpossibility before doing that though because as is we require all lynches to hit all scumcandidates.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7854 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:16 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 7853, Norlkaz wrote:I get one shot to lynch scum and if I miss I get lynched tomorrow and then you guys lynch my second target the day after when I've flipped town
Lol?

That is one of the dumbest things I've seen someone say.

Like ever.

Proposing conditions when about to get lynched :|

Anyway yeah notice how Norlkaz's most recent posts are 90% him saying how obvtown he is and 10% fake scumhunting.

Then proceed to vote him.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7855 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:54 am

Post by Llamarble »

My selection for today's lynch WILL be scum.
One of my strongest characteristics is KNOWING when I have a game figured out.
A weakness might be not demanding sheep even when I'm not confident because my accuracy is generally still quite high when I'm not fully zoned in with a grip on the thread of the game, but eh.
When I demand a lynch, I usually get the lynch I demanded and I have a VERY good success rate on lynches I specifically demand.
And I am starting to smell BLOOD.
Anyhow, the point is that "If I miss today" isn't intended as a serious possibility so much as giving you guys insurance against the possibility of scum me in case you are too blind to understand that calling myself obvtown repeatedly is a town-guarantee-truth-tell-trololol-zero-possibility-of-me-being-scum.
Like, even TAMMY is better at faking her obvtowngame as scum than I am. To anyone paying attention, I am CERTAINLY more obvtown now than she became this game.

As for "Fake Scumhunting" I've been examining ~ a thousand posts a day for the last week or so. I have begun to internalize the thread the way I need to in order to solve the game with full confidence.
If you want to understand how much I'm looking at, consider my notes & replies regarding things from the ancient past of this thread. I am OBVIOUSLY looking deep now and in new places.
I'm making heads spin because I am speaking to the whole thread instead of merely what is currently going on.
So don't give me "fake scumhunting." More like Apotheosis.
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7856 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:55 am

Post by Norlkaz »

My selection for today's lynch WILL be scum.
A weakness might be not demanding sheep even when I'm not confident because my accuracy is generally still quite high when I'm not fully zoned in with a grip on the thread of the game, but eh.
When I demand a lynch, I usually get the lynch I demanded and I have a VERY good success rate on lynches I specifically demand.
And I am starting to smell BLOOD.
Anyhow, the point is that "If I miss today" isn't intended as a serious possibility so much as giving you guys insurance against the possibility of scum me in case you are too blind to understand that calling myself obvtown repeatedly is a town-guarantee-truth-tell-trololol-zero-possibility-of-me-being-scum.
Like, even TAMMY is better at faking her obvtowngame as scum than I am. To anyone paying attention, I am CERTAINLY more obvtown now than she became this game.

As for "Fake Scumhunting" I've been examining ~ a thousand posts a day for the last week or so. I have begun to internalize the thread the way I need to in order to solve the game with full confidence.
If you want to understand how much I'm looking at, consider my notes & replies regarding things from the ancient past of this thread. I am OBVIOUSLY looking deep now and in new places.
I'm making heads spin because I am speaking to the whole thread instead of merely what is currently going on.
So don't give me "fake scumhunting." More like Apotheosis.
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7857 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:56 am

Post by Norlkaz »

It's rather fitting that I'd alt-slip on that post, which is extremely llamarble and not very norlkaz.
Ah well, at this point I have ceased to care about anything other than winning.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7858 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:57 am

Post by Nero Cain »

lol @ Norl's weak ass attempt at calling us scum. When I get back I might bother refuting that steaming pile of shit but for now...

@GIF The reason our vote is sitting on Hana is 'cause she's unclaimed while we are in massclaim and she's posted twice and ignored the massclaim so she's acting like she's oblivious to what's going on and that's fake as fuck. I was willing to agree with you that her day1 refusal to claim was a towntell but that's supposedly also what her scum game is. Hana scum=fake town tells.

Discuss!

I also need to extend my V/LA to next week. I'm moving but AT&T can't come till Friday! If that's to long you can replace me
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7859 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:57 am

Post by Nero Cain »

lol @ Norl's weak ass attempt at calling us scum. When I get back I might bother refuting that steaming pile of shit but for now...

@GIF The reason our vote is sitting on Hana is 'cause she's unclaimed while we are in massclaim and she's posted twice and ignored the massclaim so she's acting like she's oblivious to what's going on and that's fake as fuck. I was willing to agree with you that her day1 refusal to claim was a towntell but that's supposedly also what her scum game is. Hana scum=fake town tells.

Discuss!

I also need to extend my V/LA to next week. I'm moving but AT&T can't come till Friday! If that's to long you can replace me
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7860 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:00 am

Post by Norlkaz »

Read more carefully. I am not comfortable with removing you from the lynch pool.
That is not at all the same as YOU WILL FLIP SCUM.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7861 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:09 am

Post by Nero Cain »

So you said
In post 7850, Norlkaz wrote:Very solid scum candidate so far off his mentions of scums too.
and then you backtracked a lil' bit.

What do you think of Hana?

Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7862 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:17 am

Post by Norlkaz »

I am uncomfortable with lines 3 and 4 of 726 where Thor spends a bit of excess time talking about hydraing with Nacho.
Honestly I think he's probably going to turn out to be town though. GDI my reads have sucked unless it's SADPROPH or Casso is actually scum. BUT WHO CARES JUST GONNA WIN.
I think some combination of being scum in ASOIAF and getting things so right so often that I became afraid of being wrong messed me up in Red Wine and much of this game. NO MORE FEAR. JUST WINNING.
Anyway, back to reading.

p.e.
Yes, you have reasonable chances of being scum. That's very far from where SAD is sitting in the ALMOST CERTAINLY TODAY'S DECAPITATION category.
I think Hana is very very likely to be town. I will revisit her at least once just like everyone, but I currently have no intention of lynching her this game.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7863 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:00 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 7858, Nero Cain wrote:lol @ Norl's weak ass attempt at calling us scum. When I get back I might bother refuting that steaming pile of shit but for now...

Discuss!

In post 7859, Nero Cain wrote:lol @ Norl's weak ass attempt at calling us scum. When I get back I might bother refuting that steaming pile of shit but for now...

Discuss!

In post 7861, Nero Cain wrote:So you said
In post 7850, Norlkaz wrote:Very solid scum candidate so far off his mentions of scums too.
and then you backtracked a lil' bit.

What do you think of Hana?
Because Nero can't hydra for any worth :P
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7864 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:01 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

What does this mean?
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7865 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:42 am

Post by Norlkaz »

I'll have to revisit your ISO to get specific, but references you made to flipped scums matched patterns for referencing scumpartners pretty decently.

Casso I can't trust. There are pieces that make me expect a townflip but this isn't close to ASOIAF I WILL SOLVE THIS Nacho and the interactions don't awesomefavor them being town either.
Thor is a readability-reducing factor. My Thor-reading performances have been mediocre.
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7866 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:44 am

Post by Norlkaz »

Though if you want to take a step in the earning-llama's trust direction Casso, you are welcome to inform these good people that I have over the last week or two annihilated any possibility I had of being scum.
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7867 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:49 am

Post by Norlkaz »

Latest F16 summary before he died:
In post 7734, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I am thinking KBBQ, Sakura, Proph, and Norl are town. Those are my top four townreads. Eliminating them, Mara, and GM, we still have Pie, Casso, SAD, Titus. I think Pie could be town but I am not certain.

I pretty much want to lynch Titus because I can't for the life of me see Cephrir being town the more I think about it.
This suggests SAD-Casso. Or at least SAD. Maybe they deleted F16 because he'd be an obstacle to lynching me, which looked like a necessary part of a scumwin.
Prophbert is the last remaining ISO before ROUND TWO. May or may not touch him today.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7868 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:54 pm

In post 7856, Norlkaz wrote:My selection for today's lynch WILL be scum.
Can't tell who's ego is more pathetic yours or Thor's.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7869 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:57 pm

In post 7856, Norlkaz wrote:As for "Fake Scumhunting" I've been examining ~ a thousand posts a day for the last week or so. I have begun to internalize the thread the way I need to in order to solve the game with full confidence.
Yeah, it's almost like there was a catalyst that caused this like your partners dying and you being in deep shit.

Oh wait.
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7870 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by Norlkaz »

How about you address the fact that my current behavior is essentially a truth-tell for me-town?
Like, I try to do this as scum but I have not succeeded, nor come close to succeeding.
Dying would work as well.
Prophylaxis
Prophylaxis
Goon
Prophylaxis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7871 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:20 pm

Post by Prophylaxis »

@Norl

What do you think of this vote count:

MafiaSSK (5) - KoreanBBQ, Sakura Hana, Cephrir, DOMO, pieguyn
KoreanBBQ (4) - MafiaSSK, Casso the King of Seals, Generic, roflcopter

It's one of the reasons why I'm townreading Korean (Mafia gets voted up, scum hop on the town counterwagon) and I'm interesting in looking at your thought process as to why you think he's scum.

Unvote
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #7872 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:31 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

V/LA for a week

I want to see a case compiled for KBBQ because Early game really did feel like town-Nero, and mid-game, and some of late-game too though I'm not really conviced enough to want to defend him as I had done in Mastins game
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7873 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:23 am

Post by pieguyn »

pdodge. no energy atm

I'm townreading BBQ mostly bc of GIF. I don't wanna out the exact tell I'm using. there was also the SSK wagon and BBQ was one of the main people who pushed for SSK flashlynch D1

Sakura and Norl are both town. mb I just have a weak spot for "I can't do this as scum" arguments but I tend to sympathize with that bc my scumgame is complete shit. I think I'm fine with SAD but I wanna double check some things first. either way the last scum should be in {Casso, Proph, SAD} and bc I'm getting townvibes from Proph I'm leaning towards Casso x SAD

more later
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #7874 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:49 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 7871, Prophylaxis wrote:@Norl

What do you think of this vote count:

MafiaSSK (5) - KoreanBBQ, Sakura Hana, Cephrir, DOMO, pieguyn
KoreanBBQ (4) - MafiaSSK, Casso the King of Seals, Generic, roflcopter

It's one of the reasons why I'm townreading Korean (Mafia gets voted up, scum hop on the town counterwagon) and I'm interesting in looking at your thought process as to why you think he's scum.

Unvote
I just had a thought about this, but I'll wait until Norl answers.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”