CoG888
Goon
CoG888
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:38 am

Post by CoG888 »

*_*_*_* Top of the Page - Vote Count - 6:09:01 AM *_*_*_*

"On Friday in eastern Seoul, a 16-year-old girl died from suffocation after she fell asleep in her room with an electric fan in motion."
~
Korea Herald, July 28, 1997.

Panzerjager -1- (PBuG)

Not voting -8- (Thestatusquo, Panzerjager, CoG888, Elias_the_thief , bird1111, Ripley, Fircoal, Jingolaw)
It takes a majority - or
, to lynch.

I was a bit confused by panzer's hammer, considering he was in the same boat as MG. I stand by my statement that it was too early to lynch MG, and I felt PBug was the driving force behind the lynch. I wanted a more detailed explanation and more discussion, but Panzer hammered 44 minutes after Elias put down the -1 vote. Yes, he said he would hammer if the town agreed, but I don't think we were in agreement.
So,
Vote: Panzerjager

And Pbug, I don't think you need to claim right now. We rushed into a mislynch, but its not like you were solely responsible. Don't claim unless you have information that could help us now.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:29 pm

Post by Fircoal »

WEll I read the thread and I must argee that Panzerjager is looking scummy. Though a lot of you said that Panzer wouldn't as likely be scum if MG was. MAybe that's why Panzer, if scum, hammered.
Fos: Panzer
. He's close to my vote
Fircoal strikes me more like an awful fake claim that gets you lynched in under 25 posts. - Kelly Chen
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:07 pm

Post by PJ. »

Alright, first of all I said I would hammer when Elias put down the vote. Elias put down the vote and I hammered; I simply stayed consistant. He posted that we were in agreement so I said "For the town" and voted him. That is the first piece of fluff on this case.

Secondly, I didn't look and say "Hey, I'm going to follow CoG" He wasn't even on the wagon when I got my first post him. I simply looked at the situation and deceided Nai shouldn't have been let off the mat so easily. That has nothing to do with following CoG. Afterwards I agreed with CoG about most of the game.

Thirdly, I never said I was staying away from the MG wagon I simply would have prefered a PBuG lynch. There was no one, myself included, wanted to spend the time to test MG's claim.

Let's look a PBuG, I say he could be SK and he gets heavily defensive. Now he comes out and says he wants to claim as the first post to day 2. Hmm, has someone set-up a false claim? Why are you so eager to "clear up your actions from yesterday" with a claim? Right now, I could careless if you claimed, I already am convinced that you and MG were not the same alignment.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:13 pm

Post by Fircoal »

Panzerjager wrote: Thirdly, I never said I was staying away from the MG wagon I simply would have prefered a PBuG lynch. There was no one, myself included, wanted to spend the time to test MG's claim.
You did, say that you thought MG was town, and that's all you would say about it.
Vote: Panzerjager
Fircoal strikes me more like an awful fake claim that gets you lynched in under 25 posts. - Kelly Chen
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:01 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Vote: fircoal
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:03 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

er, i believe he actually said that he thought they were both nuetral. i dont think he said anything about him being town.
and good job violating the restriction TSQ. that was like 12 characters.
I play the games rul gud.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:03 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

So yeah. This is as good a time as any to let you guys know I was faking my post restriction. I did it for a bit of a challenge day 1. It worked so well, I almost wish I was scum.
CoG888
CoG888
Goon
CoG888
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:06 pm

Post by CoG888 »

If TSQ has the post restriction he claims, he should be modkilled right now. If he does not get modkilled, He needs to be lynched.
CoG888
CoG888
Goon
CoG888
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:07 pm

Post by CoG888 »

Unvote, Vote: Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:08 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

CoG...How does that make me scum?
CoG888
CoG888
Goon
CoG888
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:09 pm

Post by CoG888 »

You lied about having a post restriction. Why else would you lie?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:10 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I already answered that. Second, you didn't answer my question.

How is lying about a post restriction a scum tell. Especially since I claimed it unforced.
CoG888
CoG888
Goon
CoG888
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:11 pm

Post by CoG888 »

I did answer your question: YOU LIED.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:11 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Pro town players never lie?
CoG888
CoG888
Goon
CoG888
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:13 pm

Post by CoG888 »

Why would they? If they got caught in the lie, they would be lynched, right?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:15 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

That argument is non unique. If scum get caught in a lie, they'll get lynched. Give me a reason town wouldn't lie that does not preclude scum from lying, please.
CoG888
CoG888
Goon
CoG888
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:26 pm

Post by CoG888 »

The result of being caught in a lie is being lynched because the town can not trust you. A pro-town player could not fulfill his/her win requirement effectively by lying. They are, in a way, throwing the game. Unless their win requirement happens to be different. That would suggest, however, that their allignment is not pro-town.

Thus, logically, you are not pro-town. If you are scum, it is to my benefit to lynch you. Likewise if you are a serial killer. If you are a jester, then it is in your best intrest to get lynched, and mine so we can move on with the game.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:34 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

I also dont understand your argument. youre saying a townie wouldnt lie because theyd be lynched and wouldnt be trusted. doesnt a scum player have the same exact motivation to not lie as a townie? no one wants to be lynched, cog.

@TSQ: even if i dont think that you're necessarily scum because you lied, i find your lie suspicious because it allowed you to get away with not explaining anything you did day one. i dont see why a town player would want to limit the information that they are contributing to other town players, i.e. motivation behind their actions. this just seems kind of anti town to me.
I play the games rul gud.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:48 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Elias,

You really feel I avoided discussion day1? You really feel I didn't address points and make some of my own? I even went to the lengths of quadruple and quintuple posting to get around that. You're completely missconstruing my d1 actions.
Jingolaw
Jingolaw
Townie
Jingolaw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:31 pm

Post by Jingolaw »

Construe, Mis-construe, infer, mis-conflate...
whatever
. Lynch all liars.

TSQ, you're not a Noob, 'round these parts. You must have known that just playing around with a secret like a post restriction was a lie. And you must also have known that later if/when you revealed that you were just playing around everyone else would think you were scum, just for not being honest. You HAD to know that. So you're either scum, or not playing seriously enough to be pro-town. Either way, you lose.

I really see no possible rationalization for withdrawing this one, TSQ. My only concern at this point is combing back to look for collusive behavior.

Vote: Thestatusquo.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:22 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Lynch all liars is a reaaaally dumb strategy. There has never been a time playing when you have not felt the need to lie as pro town?

Second: I ALREADY ADDRESSED THIS. The point is non unique. If what you're saying is true, then scum would not do what I did either, which makes it a nul tell. Unless someone can give a UNIQUE reason for why scum would do what I did, but town would not, votes should not be on me.

I'll forgive your strict adherance to LAL because you ARE a noob, mistah townsperson, but most players who know ANYTHING about mafia know that pro town players have to lie, some of the time.

Or some of the time they make up little challenges for themselves and see how long they can keep up the fascade; that was me.

I mean, I won't be getting lynched today whether you vote me or not, so I would advise you put votes somewhere that they are useful.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:34 pm

Post by Skruffs »

*_*_*_* Vote Count - 6:09:48 AM *_*_*_*

"If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you.
~ Jack Handey "

Panzerjager -2- (PBuG, Fircoal)
Thestatusquo -2- (CoG888, Jingolaw)
Fircoal -1- (Thestatusquo)
Not voting -4- (Panzerjager, Elias_the_thief , bird1111, Ripley)

It takes a majority - or
, to lynch.

CoG888
CoG888
Goon
CoG888
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:13 am

Post by CoG888 »

Frankly, I can't see why anyone would do what you did, TSQ, let alone a scum player. perhaps some light will be shed on this when/if you are killed.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:19 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

That is my whole point, CoG.

Why is it that when someone does SOMETHING not necessarily within the confines of "normal" mafia play, it is immediately a scum tell?

I'll answer that for you. It isn't. A scum tell is derived by a certain person being more likely to do something as scum than town. Since you've admitted that you can't see a scum reason for me to do what I did, then voting me for it is, quite literally, retarded.
Jingolaw
Jingolaw
Townie
Jingolaw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:59 am

Post by Jingolaw »

As I said above: Perhaps you were just playing around, TSQ. I get it. That doesn't help us. In fact, it decreses the signal:noise ratio. You KNOW that. I think you're scum, but at BARE MINIMUM you're not pro-town. I'm noob to mafiascum, NOT to the game...and I wasn't born yesterday.
Thestatusquo wrote: I won't be getting lynched today whether you vote me or not, so I would advise you put votes somewhere that they are useful.
These are not the droids I'm looking for? O RLY? Thanks for the advice, but I'll leave my vote where it is.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”