Mini 1536 - Silph Co. Reverse Mafia (Game Over)

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:20 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 521, Maxous wrote: I was asking why he is scummier than empking to you when you're reasoning upon voting him was 'not as town as others think he is and he is town-leading scum' (while not really showing where).
You're empking stuff looked more convincing (to me), yet you opted for the pasch vote.
I wanted to give Empking a day phase to prove himself if he was town. I was pursuing my other scumread.
In post 521, Maxous wrote: Why keep saying 'there's stuff in my D1 ISO' instead of just quickly going through that and clarifing 'this is why pasch is scum'
I'm wondering how much conviction you have in pushing him over the line to a lynch.
I've had other stuff on my mind recently, and I don't feel like sorting through multiple posts in an effort to reconstruct my original thought process.

Unvote

Vote Empking

L-2 is a good place for him, and he hasn't stepped up like I expected him to if he was town.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:24 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Hey guys, I've got people over so I'm just going to put a replacement request in and then do a VC in the morning to accompany (hopefully) a replacement.
Don't @ me.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:12 am

Post by Empking »

Max: Tier is Bulbs buddy. By association that makes Bulb, Tier's buddy. Therefore every interaction tell that points to Tier being scum, also points to (possibly to a lesser extent in case of scum gambit) Bulb being scum.

(I also disagree with your other points, 446 isn't waffle at all but very clear etc, but that's really just going to get a 'Un huh, nuh huh, uh hu, nu huh')
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
cxinlee
cxinlee
Goon
cxinlee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:38 am

Post by cxinlee »

I'd just like to say that I still don't buy empking-scum
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:28 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 528, cxinlee wrote:I'd just like to say that I still don't buy empking-scum
Why not?
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
cxinlee
cxinlee
Goon
cxinlee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:05 pm

Post by cxinlee »

Because I'm not comvinced by the arguments so far.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:28 pm

Post by Whiskers »

That's cool we'll just lynch you next when empking flips town.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
cxinlee
cxinlee
Goon
cxinlee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:23 pm

Post by cxinlee »

cool.

Also, tiershift just went into my town pool
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:24 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 517, Kenobi wrote:@Dry, I find it interesting that you think I'm 'buddying' you; could you give some examples?
Well one of the things isn't buddying in the traditional sense I guess. In when you said you said you weren't offended by me intimating you're not a particularly strong player, it struck me as somewhat suspicious. I think scum would be less likely to take offense, and might mind being insulted as long as the player insulting you doesn't find you scummy. Other than that you've called me town several times without giving any reasoning, even though all of your other reads are more involved. This despite saying you mentally lump me in with Maxous who is null to you.
AJ the Epic wrote:The Cx wagon is mainly my own personal project later this game.
I'm not sure what your getting at here but if your point is that I should suspect you because you were the bigest pusher of the Cx wagon, it's not how strongly you push a wagon or how influential you are on it that makes someone scummy, it's the motivation behind the vote. I'd like to hear the argument for Maxous town.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:30 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Dry: Why is empking town?
Kenobi
Kenobi
Goon
Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:31 pm

Post by Kenobi »

Dry-fit wrote:
In post 517, Kenobi wrote:@Dry, I find it interesting that you think I'm 'buddying' you; could you give some examples?
Well one of the things isn't buddying in the traditional sense I guess. In when you said you said you weren't offended by me intimating you're not a particularly strong player, it struck me as somewhat suspicious. I think scum would be less likely to take offense, and might mind being insulted as long as the player insulting you doesn't find you scummy. Other than that you've called me town several times without giving any reasoning, even though all of your other reads are more involved. This despite saying you mentally lump me in with Maxous who is null to you.
You do have to remember that I was (and still am) a fairly new player; my not being offended at you suggesting I wasn't a strong player was because a) I would be incredibly surprised if I came across as a strong player, especially with the quality of my posts at that time, and b) because I don't think I am, either. Why would I get offended by that? It was an observation, you specifically said "no offense" and I was interacting with that.
In post 145, Dry-fit wrote:
Whiskers wrote:I'm wary of Kenobi. Mainly, because he looks good.
I don't mean any offense here Kenobi, but really?
As for why I
thought
you were town (and I did, until I started really going over your posts):
In post 49, Dry-fit wrote:
In post 43, TierShift wrote:Have you got anything other to comment than me being a dog?
Right now I'm kind of wondering why people aren't sheeping me onto Pasch.

Maxous vs Psyche is based on a misunderstanding.

Bulba vs Emp is based on non-issues as best as I can tell.

Zekrom needs to get more assertive with his play.
In post 49, Dry-fit wrote:
In post 43, TierShift wrote:Have you got anything other to comment than me being a dog?
Right now I'm kind of wondering why people aren't sheeping me onto Pasch.

Maxous vs Psyche is based on a misunderstanding.

Bulba vs Emp is based on non-issues as best as I can tell.

Zekrom needs to get more assertive with his play.
In post 145, Dry-fit wrote:
Whiskers wrote:I'm wary of Kenobi. Mainly, because he looks good.
I don't mean any offense here Kenobi, but really?
TierShift wrote:Lynching them will give us hardly anything to work off day 2, even if they were to flip scum. What's more, they'll probably give away their alignment at some point in time anyway.
I've got news for you, Zekrom already has. He's scum. I'm also not sure just how much of a newbie he is. His whole response to Pasch's play has been off. Especially post , a post that's seems to be looking to curry favor with a player who was his top suspect previously and who he still seems to suspect.

@Zekrom: Why did you unvote Pasch?

I'm also not liking cxinlee's Kenobi vote:
cxinlee wrote:VOTE: Kenobi
If you’re town, step it up. If you’re scum, I request nothing of you.
Putting the onus on Kenobi to prove he's town when he's a new player under pressure is just setting him up to fail.

Actually I think cxinlee is a little more likely to be scum.

unvote.
Vote: cxinlee.
Towny start is towny.

Your town play was really good, but one thing that stuck with me over your ISO was your belligerent pursuit of Tier. You said recently in 513 that "I'm not explaining again why I think you're scum just read my posts."

And earlier in 508, it was "I still like Tier for scum for reasons I've already given."

The only stuff you have on Tier that I can see is these posts:
In post 152, Dry-fit wrote:I'm not over the moon about Tiershift's whole defending the newbies thing, but I do think it's unlikely he'd be doing it if he was buddies with them.
In post 253, Dry-fit wrote:
In post 249, TierShift wrote:Guys...if you want to lynch zekrom, don't write it off to anything else than a policy lynch.
This guy is town.
Do you mind going into this some? Because what I'm seeing from Zekrom is a player whose view of the game isn't changing with new information. He's still trying to discredit Pasch and I suppose still finds Kenobi scummy, though he isn't really pursuing it. I'm not convinced he's trying to figure things out in this game.
In post 269, Dry-fit wrote:TierShift is a mildly scummy read for me. A lot of stuff he's done feels off. The defending the newbies, then flipflopping and saying they're scummy but not really doing anything about that suspicion. Also kept his vote on Whiskers for voting the now scummy newbies. Blowing Empking stuff out of proportion all of a sudden and calling Empking "under the radar." Bad reason for going back to finding Zekrom town. His one saving grace was his cx vote, but he's been hopping around a bit so it's not surprising he'd be on a good wagon at some point.
In post 284, Dry-fit wrote:
TierShift wrote:Dry-fit's read on me is fair, I've been hopping quite a lot.
What's fair about it? Do you think vote hopping is a scumtell in general?
In post 309, Dry-fit wrote:
In post 303, TierShift wrote:Great, another push by cx that he himself seems unconvinced of.
Gotta love that passive aggressive sarcasm Tier.
Unvote. Vote: Tiershift.

You've taken yourself over the edge here my man.
That's basically it for your Tier case. There's nothing in there that comes across as scummy.

inb4 I'm "defending" Tier.

Tier-hunting aside, you've contradicted yourself here:
In post 370, Dry-fit wrote:Tier why do you find Emp a more plausible lynch than cx when Emp had no votes on him when you voted?

Zekrom could you tell us what mafia experience you have? 362 made my brain hurt.
TierShift wrote:Uh this guy will pick wrongly in LyLo and he'll consistently be someone that will be hated on. I don't want him around, even though I'm not sure he's scum.

Read 362 and tell me you want him around.
How do you know he'll pick wrong in lylo? If he's truly clueless it seems like it would be a coinflip. Also not interested in a policy lynch.
In post 387, Dry-fit wrote:Pasch is probably right about what he's saying in .

Unvote
Vote: Zekrom25.
Let's do this.
*blinks* that's quite a turnaround in 17 posts. And all it took was Pasch saying that Zekrom was up-playing his noobishness. "not interested in a policy lynch" my foot.

Vote: Dry-Fit
cxinlee
cxinlee
Goon
cxinlee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:18 am

Post by cxinlee »

Kenobi, you forgot to unvote
Kenobi
Kenobi
Goon
Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:44 am

Post by Kenobi »

In post 520, Kenobi wrote:Good point bulba.
unvote
No. No I didn't.
cxinlee
cxinlee
Goon
cxinlee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:51 am

Post by cxinlee »

o
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:02 am

Post by Whiskers »

[APPLAUSE]
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:03 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 527, Empking wrote: Therefore every interaction tell that points to Tier being scum, also points to (possibly to a lesser extent in case of scum gambit) Bulb being scum.
You are implying that you have reasons to beleive Tier is scum independent of his association with bulb.
you did'nt mention any in #450
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:30 am

Post by Dry-fit »

Kenobi wrote:That's basically it for your Tier case. There's nothing in there that comes across as scummy.
To you. But people find different things scummy. So I'm scummy because you don't agree with a case I made?
Tier-hunting aside, you've contradicted yourself here
There is no contradiction. I never said or suggested in 370 that I thought Zekrom was town. I just didn't like Tier suggesting a policy lynch and thought I would be able to get some information if I questioned him about it. I'd had the idea for a while that Zekrom's play looked like pretending to be new. The way he threw around mafia jargon while still looking so clueless looked off. I'm still not convinced Zekrom isn't a troll.
Empking starting out the game picking a fight like he did and being so extremely stubborn about it is the complete opposite of a survivalistic strategy. He couldn't expect to get to endgame playing like that.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:50 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 541, Dry-fit wrote:
Empking starting out the game picking a fight like he did and being so extremely stubborn about it is the complete opposite of a survivalistic strategy. He couldn't expect to get to endgame playing like that.
Uh-huh. And now take into account the fact that Empking is a highly experienced player with a 2008 join date, and not a total noob.

Did empking have good arguments? Was the fight he picked,
going
anywhere? Or did he just towntell (apparently), and continue the bullshit, anit-town, non-argument, to look busy and stay relevant? With his action as relatively low as it is, do you think he was in danger of being lynched?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:47 am

Post by TierShift »

This dry-fit case of kenobi's makes me really like ken and I'm dumbfounded to actually have to agree with it.
In post 541, Dry-fit wrote:To you. But people find different things scummy. So I'm scummy because you don't agree with a case I made?
No it was because the case on me was bad and there was not a single scumtell in there. Now stop being a jackass and restate your case on me because you don't have one with actual scumtells.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:02 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Tiershift

That was absolutely terrible. The posturing was incredibly strong there. He's allowing himself a very easy secondary target should Emp's wagon go down, and he's not even trying to provide legwork for it.

However, I think it should be stated that this game probably ends as soon as we lynch through Emp/Tier/Dry, perhaps one more.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:56 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 544, Aj The Epic wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Tiershift

That was absolutely terrible. The posturing was incredibly strong there. He's allowing himself a very easy secondary target should Emp's wagon go down, and he's not even trying to provide legwork for it.

However, I think it should be stated that this game probably ends as soon as we lynch through Emp/Tier/Dry, perhaps one more.
Good, that's good. I could handle that.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:33 am

Post by Empking »

Aj: You think Tier is scum with Dry-Fit because he's 'He's allowing himself a very easy secondary target [Dryfit]'?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:51 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Association is unnecessary, emp. I think Tiershift is scum for a number of reasons, but the reason I explained was as you described. He's allowing himself an easy wagon to join should the wagon he is on fail.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:59 am

Post by TierShift »

I already have two scumreads with wagons on them so...why would I be afraid of that happening?
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:14 am

Post by Maxous »

eh, I think tiershift is more town than scum but it would'nt be the worst lynch as his flip is gonna tell much about a lot of people in this game.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”