Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3575 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:48 am

Post by shos »

Soo...scum want to come forward?
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3576 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:55 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 3573, Whiskers wrote:So yeah, you're basically scum for being an inactive piece of trash, who treats himself as universally confirmed-town and rudely dismisses anybody who calls him out (although in this case, "anybody" was only me, so maybe that says something).

The fact that you don't have to consider yourself in potential scumteams, doesn't meant other people don't have to consider you in potential scumteams. It's far less confusing for everybody to just include them and save the other players the trouble (and the possibility of fucking up) of going and adding your potential pairings to the list.
What you don't seem to understand is
I considered every possibility and came to the conclusion that only two team were possible. There is no way this conclusion would include me. And it's not my fucking job to make it "less confusing" for the rest of the game by not going through the motions of speculating whether a me-Whiskers or me-Shos or me-Nacho or me-Bald team is possible. Because they're not.

And calling me an "inactive piece of trash" is pretty much the dumbest thing you've said all game, and you and mollie said some pretty dumb shit to each other. <----I still think it's because you're scum and mollie doesn't know what to do with herself when she rolls scum, so you two decided to make up a bunch of bullshit pregame and then yell it at one another in an epic bout of distancing.
;)
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3577 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:19 am

Post by Elyse »

Final Votecount Day 5shos - 1 - Whiskers (L-2)
Whiskers - 3 - 1baldeagle1, Desperado, shos (LYNCH)

Not Voting - Nachomamma8

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.
Deadline: (expired on 2014-02-04 22:00:00)

Endgame

Tensions were at an all time high among the gods. There were only five of them left, and they suspected two were mafia. At first, Apollo voted for Demeter, Demeter voted for Artemis, and Artemis voted for Apollo. Demeter quickly retracted her vote, and Hades agreed with Artemis and voted for Apollo. Ares remained quiet the entire time, but Demeter quickly submitted the final vote for Apollo, sealing his fate and the fate of Olympus. Apollo was killed, and turned into a pile of shimmering gold dust. Hades and Artemis knew they had chosen wrong. Hades tried to run, but Ares quickly grabbed him and turned him to dust. Artemis begged for mercy from Demeter, but Demeter ended her life. Ares and Demeter had succeeded in ruining Olympus. They ruled together for the remainder of time and had many children together, electing them and only them to the throne. All gods who were not children of Ares and Demeter were destroyed. However, gods that were close to Athena, such as Nike, were spared as Athena worked with them in overthrowing Olympus. In the end, Ares and Demeter destroyed an ancient group of immortal beings, only to produce a new one themselves.

Whiskers
-
Apollo, 1-shot Day Neighborizer
- was lynched
Day 5

Desperado
-
Hades, 1-shot Compulsory Restless Spirit
- was
endgamed

1baldeagle1
-
Artemis, Virgin Weak Doctor
- was
endgamed

shos
-
Demeter, Mafia Rolecop Encryptor
and
Nachomamma8
-
Ares, Mafia Roleblocker
have
survived

Mafia
wins!

Closing thoughts, QuickTopics, and night actions to come. Thanks for playing everyone!
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3578 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:28 am

Post by shos »

:)
great game, guys. The scum QT may be long, but I think it's worth the read.
Thanks everyone!
and thanks Elyse!

can you explain what the idea behind the setup was? because it really is an odd setup.

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3579 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:41 am

Post by Elyse »

Night Actions

Night 1

shos rolecops Mirari. Result: Mason
Wisdom watches Malakittens. Dies
Nachomamma8 roleblocks Desperado. Successful
havingfitz neighborizes Titus. Successful
ika kills Wisdom. Successful
Titus neighborizes Wisdom. Failed
1baldeagle1 protects Malakittens. Successful
Night 2

shos rolecops Desperado. Result: Restless Spirit
Nachomamma8 roleblocks 1baldeagle1. Successful
Nachomamma8 kills Malakittens. Successful
havingfitz neighborizes Whiskers. Successful
1baldeagle1 protects havingfitz. Failed
Night 3

shos kills Mirari. Successful
Whiskers neighborizes Nachomamma8. Successful
1baldeagle1 protects Nachomamma8. Failed
Night 4

shos kills Kise. Successful
1baldeagle1 protects Kise. Failed.
QuickTopics

Hephaestus Neighborhood: http://quicktopic.com/50/H/rNphdwyn2BW
Hermes Neighborhood: http://quicktopic.com/50/H/9qqtAiPREXvgm
Apollo Neighborhood: http://quicktopic.com/50/H/xsFXHcH6xbs
Mason QT: http://quicktopic.com/50/H/pKLUFrCb3J34P
Mafia QT: http://quicktopic.com/50/H/cin3duaLK73SX
Dead QT: http://quicktopic.com/50/H/D7H54KRhZS43H
Players

I was going to write a little write-up for each player but instead I'll just do MVPs because I want to keep this positive!

Mafia MVP: shos
Town MVP: Mirari
Honorable Mentions: Nachomamma8, Desperado, Wisdom, Whiskers

My Thoughts

I was thrilled with all of the activity on Day 1. You guys broke a record! It obviously went down as the game progressed. There was much more setup spec than I would have liked and I think that was the town's downfall. They had shos in their crosshairs a few times but he kept finding a way out of it and his enabler/bribe claim was pretty ingenious. I think pure scumhunting would have caught shos and eventually Nacho who was lurking the perfect amount. I added in the three town neighborizers to lessen town power and give scum a potential mislynch or two as well as mess up Mirari's role. I know it wasn't that strong on its own but it had the potential to clear players and it could catch players if no one neighborized. Combined with the weak doctor, the town had pretty strong cop power. My idea with the setup was also to have a lot of communication out of the thread as well as have some unique roles. I think the outside communication could have been executed better but I'm happy with the roles I used because the setup was ~different~. I liked the way the game played out, so thanks again to everyone. Any critiques are appreciated as this was my first setup design. Thanks!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3580 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:47 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

oh sweet i didn't even have to quickhammer!
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #3581 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:51 am

Post by Wisdom »

gj shos. Yet one more time I correctly scumread you yet changed my mind about you.

Nacho should have really been lynched though. He was completely underwhelming for the whole duration of the game, yet people kept saying he's town somehow. And that claim.. lol.

I kept thinking it's Nacho/Whiskers and basically stopped reading towards the end of the game, confident that that's the scumteam. Whiskers, there's something annoying in your tone that makes people think you are scum. I managed to stop myself from tunneling on you on D1, but it crept back on later days. You sound really manipulative in your posts, or something. Thought you'd want to know.

I played very obvtownily this game and that probably was a mistake given I was a PR. I'm not used to being a PR. Sorry for that, I guess.

Thanks for the game, Elyse. I enjoyed speculating about the flavor. The setup was kinda strange, I guess, but fun regardless.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3582 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:23 am

Post by shos »

oh wow, I read through the dead QT and was smiling and laughing all the way.

I *REALLY* enjoyed this game, guys; it was very intriguing and involves loads of strategy, manipulation, and time investment.

@wisdom: you were a really lucky kill. Nacho's idea, iirc; a smart choice. you nailing me and ika D1 like that was mad. Luckily, I was reaely honest in there with the big wall of doom, so I had no trouble fighting back. that's why you thought I was town - I wasn't lying; that was completely genuine somehow, and it worked..

@whiskers: I really think des is right with the latest discussion, see .

In the last few days of the game, starting somewhen in the middle - town got WAAAAY too involved in setup specs. specs and outguess-the-mod is sometimes a useful tool, but NEVER something to rely upon *solely*. I blabbered like hell about it in hopes that town keeps itself busy over there.

Wisdom - you didn't give out the fact that you were a PR. in the entire day, I think only the 'live together' thing got nacho's eye for possible masons; but other than that we had no idea who might be a PR. I think there was some talk about Des.

*now* is the time when I want to discuss the setup. I actually think it is balanced in favor of town, but that daytalk was really, REALLY big.

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3583 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:24 am

Post by shos »

also, hurray for longest mini game ever in the history of hell, and lol @ the fact that wisdom died N1 and still posted 25% of the game XD

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3584 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:30 am

Post by shos »

btw
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p5656720

irrelevant to *this* game, but eh, sucks to be me as town :(

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #3585 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:35 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 3582, shos wrote:Wisdom - you didn't give out the fact that you were a PR. in the entire day, I think only the 'live together' thing got nacho's eye for possible masons; but other than that we had no idea who might be a PR. I think there was some talk about Des.
No, what I mean is I painted a "Kill me on N1" sign on my back with my huge activity and how town I was, things that I do as a VT but I really shouldn't as a PR.
1baldeagle1
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3586 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:41 pm

Post by 1baldeagle1 »

Weird setup, I was so sure there was going to be a scum neighborizer because it was strange how all of them would be town...

GG scum, you manipulated me.. :P
You can find my meta on my wiki.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3587 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:42 pm

Post by Desperado »

fuck

gg everyone
;)
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3588 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:06 pm

Post by Titus »

I like the design. I feel town was underpowered overall but I loved the creative aspect, especially the design of the qt cop. I would love if you'd review a minitheme of mine when I can do that, or a large theme.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Prophylaxis
Prophylaxis
Goon
Prophylaxis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3589 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:03 pm

Post by Prophylaxis »

Congratulations scumteam.

This game was pretty entertaining to read.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3590 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:12 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Nice game, scum, and thanks to Elyse for the modding!
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3591 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:59 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 3574, shos wrote:Whiskers, i actually think des is right. You need to first be convinced, youraelf, who scum us, and THEN you convince the others, by showing why scum are scum and you are town.
Desp didn't do any of this. He didn't say why scum were scum, or why he was town. He said that "two of these four players are scum" and that "I, Desp, am town." Not who, not why.

Now, somebody want to tell me why "shos would have just announced there was s roleblocker ,if he were scum"?

I guess I'm already over losing. I figured I'd be quickly executed, right after the day started. Kind of pisses me off that we had to wait around and get into a stupid fight before we could get around to lynching me.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3592 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:19 am

Post by shos »

Well whis.
Des didnot just say 2/4, he said 1 of 2 scumteams. In lylo, thats good, since any successful lynch leads to win(and he was right).

Ifi was scum with eagle id say theres a RB because that would give eagle credit..

And, lastly - in lyloyou never speedlynch.

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3593 (ISO) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:46 am

Post by havingfitz »

OK...looking back over this game a bit before I un-bookmark it.

Elyse...why did my hammer count?
  The net result of Whisker's was no vote.  I do not recall ever seeing this take place before...where a vote/unvote contained within the same post resulted in a hammer....but if it had not been the ~hammer vote....you would not have never even acknowledged the vote and it would have never so much as made it into a votecount.  Because the net result of the post was that Whisker's was not placing a vote.  Kise even called it a fake hammer.

tl:dr;
HTF did Whisker's vote on me ever count when the result of her post 3443 was to not have a vote in effect? 

And shame on town for lynching me D4.  Anyone who thought I could potentially be scum should have realized that for that to even be a possibility...either shos or baldeagle had to be lying.  Killing me would do nothing to implicate or confirm either of them whereas shos' push on me....based on a contradiction of his own "pr results"..was obviously scummy.  And by contradiction of his own results...I mean that for shos to vote me based on the fact baldeagle was roleblocked was not in line with his info that there was in fact a scum neighborizor and a scum encryptor.  With a ninja already having been flipped...that meant shos was pushing me as scum with a neighborizing-roleblocking ability or saying there was a scum encyptor-roleblocker.  wha wha what?

Absurd.

And for 3 townies to jump on that logic (or at least 2 townies and a debatable hammer) is an extremely crap way to facilitate town's loss.

Shos should have been an easy lynch.  Nacho for all his lurking would have been a tougher get and town might have still lost....but bleh.

I also didn't care for the set up.  It was definitely very unique...but 3 town neighborizors was just too difficult to believe.  For me at least.  Especially when I can not recall even seeing 2 town neighborizors in the same game.  1 scum and 1 town...sure.  but 2?  And on top of that...3!?

grrrrrrrrrr

Still enjoyed the game however.  Coulda shoulda coulda.

Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #3594 (ISO) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:55 am

Post by Wisdom »

The vote happens when the mod reads it, not at the end of the post. That's how I would have done it too, regardless of whether it was the hammer or not.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3595 (ISO) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:03 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 3594, Wisdom wrote:The vote happens when the mod reads it, not at the end of the post. That's how I would have done it too, regardless of whether it was the hammer or not.
Is that your interpretation or is it stated somewhere?

The outcome of the post was no vote. I would argue that the net result of the individual post is what should be considered.

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #3596 (ISO) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:08 am

Post by Wisdom »

Mine, but I assume that's what is mostly followed.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3597 (ISO) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:42 am

Post by shos »

The reason is that once a lynch is reached it cannot be undone. Its similar to hammmer and unvote in another post.

Anyway. Your hammer had comfortable arguments against. My idea was that, if i work and work AGAINST eagle, then it would distanve me from nacho

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3598 (ISO) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:06 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 3597, shos wrote:The reason is that once a lynch is reached it cannot be undone. Its similar to hammmer and unvote in another post
Separate posts...absolutely. Within the same post...not as clear cut IMO.

And I think there was enough distance from nacho to make your potential lynch (which should have occurred) a situation still in scum's favor.

Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3599 (ISO) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:59 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 3593, havingfitz wrote:for that to even be a possibility...either shos or baldeagle had to be lying.
*cough, cough,* one of them
was
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”