Newbie 320 - Berry Village Mafia V (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:34 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

I'm ready to vote. I don't see my opinion changing anymore.

Vote: Remus
It's time to lynch the scum.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:37 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Putting the pressure on eh?

I really dont know who to vote for, I really think the two of you could be pulling off an amazing pair.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:38 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

Remus
would you like to add anything further? I'm about ready to cast my vote on you. If you are town, you should be concerned...

I'll be checking back here periodically tonight. Please respond ASAP.

-Peter
Back off, man. I'm a scientist.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:38 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Screw it, ive had enough thinking.

Vote:Remus
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:44 pm

Post by remussaidow »

vote: nocmen

Second vote in this situation has been scum in every game I've read and played. I wanted to try and see who your partner might be, Nocmen, but now, unless its CES or Peter, (which leaves only eldarion, so he's my only "confirmed" innocent) I guess town's stuck if they vote me. Since I'm lynch -1, I'm a vanilla townie. That's my roleclaim.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:46 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Never claim Vanilla. If I hadnt voted for you then, I definitely would have just done it here. Vanilla claim is one of the worst claims.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:58 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

Vote Remus
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:02 pm

Post by remussaidow »

never lie.

Congrats town you...
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:02 pm

Post by remussaidow »

lost
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:11 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

Good game fellahs.

This was my first mafia game ever. I was honestly dissapointed to be scum. I'd been reading these forums for weeks trying to get an idea how to oust scum. I feel kind of like a creep, and honestly a little bad that I betrayed the trust of you guys.

I was fairly conflicted this whole game.
CES
I'm
really
sorry about how I treated you. I figured our best shot was at immediately discrediting the ICs, and I focused primarily on you. I felt that maintaining an agressive stance would allow scum to control the whole game, and I think for the most part we did....

I was so incredibly pissed when
Now a Ranger
came in and made a mess of things. I was hoping for a clean scum victory, and Ranger pretty much screwed the town over. He cheapened the victory for me.

The night 1 kill was a toss up between Green and Eldarion, however, I wanted the IC out of the picture again. Nocmen agreed.

Day 2 was just a waiting game. I'm suprised Nocmen voted first... I had to scramble to try and recover. I wasn't sure how that was going to go down, if Nocmen died, my day 3 presence would have been incredibly conspicious.

In all, good game. Eldarion, i feel you played an incredibly level headed townie and if there were "Best Player in Mini Game 320 awards" I would give you the trophy.

-Peter
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:12 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Actually, I think Peter did the best job, remained cool and didnt blow cover through all of my mistakes.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:14 pm

Post by Nocmen »

What I had planned was someone to get angry back at me as an OMGUS after my first vote, and claim cop with a guilty on remus, as I didnt think there actually was a cop in the game here.

But yea, me and Peter were the scum.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:16 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

Thanks mate.

I honestly couldn't bring myself to attack you. I figured I was doing enough lying to the town, I didn't want to betray
another
person. I tried to put a few digs into you, but never really unleashed like I had been against Remus and CES. I kept my fingers crossed no one else noticed this particular absense. I tried to balance this out with nice talk to Eldarion too, just in case I was lynched, It would look like I was protecting Eldarion.

-Peter
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:19 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

Ahhh, okay, I was wondering what you were up to Nocmen. It was a risker move than I would have done, but it worked out for us!

So yeah, were there any roles other than scum?

If Nocmen got lynched I was considering doing a no night kill, than claim doctor and that I protected Eldarion. That would have been a bit of a gamble too though...

-Peter
Eldarion
Eldarion
Townie
Eldarion
Townie
Townie

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:30 pm

Post by Eldarion »

Oh well, it was good fun.

You played a very good game Peter; Nocmen was actually who I wanted to vote for today, but only because he was the best 'partner' fit for any scum that I imagined. I'm a bit embarrassed by my rather harsh attack on remus now, but I played it as I saw it.

You probably won me on the first day Peter, CES had doubt on him since the second page, remus since the third, nocmen's posted always struck me as bare-minimum and a bit dirty (but apparently it worked well enough). Only Peter's and GL's seemed rational enough to put faith in. Killing GL was genius, well played.

Remus, I'm really quite surprised at your playing, mais alors.

I'm also a little disappointed with NaR ruining the first day, but don't let it take all the pleasure out of winning.

I was played into bandwagoning onto you CES, I'm sorry. It was easy to believe that one of the ICs was going to be mafia and on page 2 I was too eager to attack anything I saw (first game jumpiness I think), built a solid platform for suspition.

I tried my best to be objective, and I learnt a lot from this game, thanks guys.

GG.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:50 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Well played.

I am noticing that I'm bad at reading people who are attacking me. I should work on that.

I did have a fleeting suspicion it was Nocmen + Peter after Nocmen's vote and the ensuing discussion, but in the end Remus and Nocmen just made more sense as scum.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Eldarion
Eldarion
Townie
Eldarion
Townie
Townie

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:27 pm

Post by Eldarion »

Peter Venkman wrote: In all, good game. Eldarion, i feel you played an incredibly level headed townie and if there were "Best Player in Mini Game 320 awards" I would give you the trophy.

-Peter
Haha, you're just saying that because I complemented you so heavily on your townness, I guess that
would
make one feel a bit guilty. I actually thought about that as I was writing your summary, "hey, what if I'm making a complete ass of myself by saying that Peter is playing an awesome game as town, oh well..." and look what happens. :)
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:56 am

Post by Nocmen »

The only thing that was really scary near the end was the fact that Peter just happened to randomly come on after I posted, so I went ahead and voted last night, and then Peter dissappeared for about 20 minutes. That was tense, the window just kept getting bigger for something to go wrong.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:51 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

Oh I got home from work, logged on and saw CES's vote, and dropped the hint that I would be checking the thread to hammer. Your vote post was nearly at the exact same instant, and I missed it. I took a shower and made dinner, not expecting you to see it that soon.

I am enjoying the April fools Tiger trick. It looks like they are taking pictures of "tiger" from the google image search. Kinda makes me want to toss a bunch of random pictures up with "tiger" in the name... heh heh...

-Peter
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:18 pm

Post by Blackberry »

The remaining members of
Azibo Village
approach eachother slowly. They stare eachother down, whispering with a hint of fear in their voice. A decission is made.

remussaidow,
Blackberry (Villager)
, has been lynched.

Cogito Ergo Sum bounces away from the scene but Nocmen quickly makes a move on him. Eldarion attempts to tackle Peter, but Peter takes him out quickly.

Cogito Ergo Sum,
Blackberry (Villager)
, has been crushed in End Game.

Eldarion,
Blackberry (Villager)
, has been crushed in End Game.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:19 pm

Post by remussaidow »

oh, it really was a vanilla game. No fair...
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:26 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

I did horrible even after I died. Once CES started making WIFOM arguments about the NK choice and started putting words in my mouth, I was 99.99% sure he was scum. Should've listened to my original VoR instinct...

Well played by Nocmen though. Didn't suspect him at all the entire time. Then again, he
was
lurking most of the game.
Avatar courtesy of Chickadee! | GTKAL
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:29 pm

Post by Blackberry »

remussaidow wrote:oh, it really was a vanilla game. No fair...
Take it up with the MafiaScum group, they are the ones enforcing a C9 SetUp...
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:32 pm

Post by remussaidow »

I think C9 should change so that there is at least one town power role, and sometimes 2
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:19 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Last post.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”