Newbie 320 - Berry Village Mafia V (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:19 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

CES
Why does that suprise you? I've ridden your ass this whole game based on weak logical assumptions. Don't take that as an admittance of error: until now
all
we've had are weak assumptions.

I still suspect you, but that suspicion has been superceded by the more pressing matter.

I also remember how you dealt with Remus being at -1 to lynch.

This type of discussion is what day 1 should have looked like.

-Peter
Back off, man. I'm a scientist.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:47 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

...since my post wasn't incredibly clear...

I agree with you that it is highly likely
Remus
or
Nocmen
are scum.

I don't agree that they are the most likely scum pair.

This game started off with you and Remus exchanging suspicion for absolutely no reason. You put Remus to -1 to lynch, than
immediately
backed off. Why? You never clearly said, rather, implied it was because you didn't notice or didn't want a lynch that early. Was this an early distancing tactic? I suppose it makes sense to do so that early in the game when the stakes are pretty low. On the off chance Remus
had
been lynched and revealed, it would have certainly inflated our confidence in you.

-Peter
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:14 pm

Post by remussaidow »

eldarion, please point me to your accusation, I don't know where it is.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
Eldarion
Eldarion
Townie
Eldarion
Townie
Townie

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:18 pm

Post by Eldarion »

remussaidow wrote:eldarion, please point me to your accusation, I don't know where it is.
Post 285, read the whole thing; extract below.
Eldarion wrote:I don't think remus' behaviour on page 3 has been adequately dealt with. There was a lot on that page that made me really think that he was scum. It hasn't really been shown that what he was doing was newbie (he has game experience prior to this) or that it was viable pro-town action...
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:19 pm

Post by remussaidow »

remussaidow wrote:the information is written plainly on the thread, for it is not my response that I am looking for but everyone elses.

My vote is already cast. It will stay cast until someone acts scummy enough to remove it and place a vote upon them.
I assume that you are basically talking about this post?

I have no defense for it. It shouldn't require defense. Stating something, and then gleaning information out of the posted reactions, shouldn't be scummy. Saying that I was using information that was plainly in the thread shouldn't be scummy. That's basically why I don't think that your attacks are well founded.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:49 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Peter Venkman wrote:Why does that suprise you?
It just seems a bit sudden.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:56 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

Did you read the rest of my post, or just fall out of your chair when you read the little bit you quoted? Earlier this game you accused me of poor quote usage, now you're doing it yourself.

In addition, why are you distracting us with non-arguments? Of all the things you could be talking about right now, you choose to nitpick me arriving at a fairly obvious conclusion that
you also arrived at

If you had read my entire post, you would still see I have a heavy FoS on you. However, I feel it is more important to analyise the first day 2 vote and lack of lynch.

Would you like to
actually help
the town
once
this game? Would you like to maybe analyise some posts? Give us your oppinion? List your suspects?

-Peter
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:48 am

Post by Nocmen »

You know, I feel really stupid for trusting CES earlier. To be honest, its gone down to a toss up between Remus and CES, and hell, im even leaning towards CES now.

Unvote
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:43 am

Got your hand caught in the cookie jar, Nocmen?
Peter Venkman wrote:In addition, why are you distracting us with non-arguments? Of all the things you could be talking about right now, you choose to nitpick me arriving at a fairly obvious conclusion that you also arrived at.
I have no problem with your suspicion of Remus, I just found it surprising.
Peter Venkman wrote:If you had read my entire post, you would still see I have a heavy FoS on you. However, I feel it is more important to analyise the first day 2 vote and lack of lynch.
Well, it is more important. That doesn't mean it didn't constitute a major shift in your thinking.
Peter Venkman wrote:Would you like to actually help the town once this game? Would you like to maybe analyise some posts? Give us your oppinion? List your suspects?
My suspects, as I already stated, are currently Romulus and Nocmen. Which post(s) would you like analysed? If you insist, I'll take a shot at it.

Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:23 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

Thanks for the reply
CES

It can be determined that one or both
Nocmen
and
Remus
are scum.

If you think BOTH
Remus
and
Nocmen
are scum, why didn't you vote for Remus?

Your lack of vote further validates my theory that you and
Remus
are the most likely scum pair.

-Peter
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:40 pm

I didn't vote for Romulus because there's no need to rush things. I'm going to take my time and try to eliminate as much uncertainty as possible.

remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:41 am

Post by remussaidow »

Oddly CES, that is the same reason I'm not voting for you.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:49 am

And why aren't you considering voting for Nocmen? The lack of quicklynch should be pretty damning from your perspective.

Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:06 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

Remussaidow wrote:Oddly CES, that is the same reason I'm not voting for you.
Why are you even
considering
CES right now? If you were town, it would be incredibly clear who to vote for.

-Peter
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:51 am

Post by remussaidow »

theres only two people in the game who currently can know who clearly to vote for. and only one person who shouldn't consider voting for CES.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:15 am

I have no idea where that comes from. At least one of you and Nocmen is scum. Voting for me at this point is illogical.

Eldarion
Eldarion
Townie
Eldarion
Townie
Townie

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:00 pm

Post by Eldarion »

remussaidow wrote:theres only two people in the game who currently can know who clearly to vote for. and only one person who shouldn't consider voting for CES.
That is logically fallacious in so many ways I don't even know where to begin; begging the question, bifurcation, this statement has got 'em all.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:33 pm

Post by remussaidow »

No, Eldarion, it doesn't do any of those. Try reading my posts. Actually reading it. There are two scums. They vote for whoever whoever gets a townie vote on him. That's pretty clear right there. Only one person shouldn't be considering voting CES. CES himself, since only he and (possibly his scum partner {who, should he exist, should consider voting CES should it come down to that, but thats beside the point}). There is no logical fallacy in simple truths, sorry.

Now, Peter. I should have addressed this before, except I hadn't quite realized what you were saying. If it should be clear who the town should be voting for, are you voting?
I do not believe so.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:11 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

I tried to reply earlier today but the forum had crashed. Looks like CES and Eldarion took care of addressing the poor logic of Remus, but since i've been directly addressed...

You and I are in different situations. It is
NOT
clear to
me
who is scum. However, i'm not in your position. You know your role, and if you are town, you now know Nocmen's role.

Your refusal to understand this point is incrediby scummy.

-Peter
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:14 pm

Post by remussaidow »

No, the point you're trying to make is assuming that I'm scum. Since I'm NOT, your point is not valid.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:21 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

<sigh>

If you were actually town, you, and you alone, would have proof posative that
Nocmen
is scum. You would be one hundred percent certain, without a doubt. You would cast your vote on him instantly, and rally the town to do the same.

What else am I to make of you ignoring the logic that has been thrice pointed out?

-Peter
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:48 pm

Post by remussaidow »

How do I know that that is truthful?

Maybe the scum both know that almost everytime that a second vote in this situation is placed, that person is usually scum.

Or maybe I do know that he is scum. And I'm now trying to figure out who his partner is, because his successful lynch today still leaves the town in a lynch or lose. Stop to consider the whole game, not just the long run.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:48 pm

Post by remussaidow »

not just the short game*

not long run.
Eldarion
Eldarion
Townie
Eldarion
Townie
Townie

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:21 pm

Post by Eldarion »

Nocmen wrote:You know, I feel really stupid for trusting CES earlier. To be honest, its gone down to a toss up between Remus and CES, and hell, im even leaning towards CES now.

[EDIT- I like editing out votes and unvotes, feels safer]
remussaidow wrote:Oddly CES, that is the same reason I'm not voting for you.
There has been a pretty sound proposal that one of you two is scum, and has now been generally agreed upon by everyone except you two.
The only way I can make sense of your reactions on this page is if you are both scum. If one of you were scum then I would be vehemently trying to get the other guy lynched on this bandwagon (esp from nocmen, who decided to unvote instead of reinforcing his position); the other guy should be trying to prove as coherently as possible that he is town and that thus the other guy is the scum.
It would make a lot of sense on the other hand if they were both scum. It seems that at night they discussed killing GL & CES and thought that CES would be the easiest to kill during the day (due to Peter's attacks on him, and my occasional jab); it is also very possible to try and do a little intra-voting to get some innocence established in order to get CES, not well planned, but it makes sense with no need for the introduction of an especially elaborate scheme.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:47 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

I'm so glad you finially stopped by Eldarion, I was begining to think I was insane.

-Peter

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”