Open 539: Stacks on Stacks (This is Game...Over.)

Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:16 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 399, Formerfish wrote:Umbrage eat a fat dick you worthless asshole.
And yeah, Umbrage being on/leading the first two mislynches and then opening up our first quickhammer opportunity in MYLO even though Albert was begging him to no lynch, and then losing his shit like that and blaming everyone else was poor form.
;)
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:07 am

Post by The Silver Bard »

Oh man, this was a bad game for town. Scum did a good job going with the flow that the town created. This is what I think of the game:

Venrob

His lynch was nothing but a policy lynch, and a pretty poor one as well. Quickhammering a player that was antagonized from the get go had to go wrong. And I agree with our host when he says he won’t forcereplace selfvoters. There are many reasons to selfvote as town:
- Gain information.
- Take a doomed slot out of the game. If you believe you can survive a day, but will be instantpushed the next day, it might be better to get lynched.
- Fair play, compared to replacing out. Replacing out when under pressure is one of the most dickish moves I see in mafiagames. Especially when the meta is new player-clean sheet (who the fuck came up with such a shit idea!?!?). It is bad mannered towards the opposite team.

I would forcereplace ABR for his “Replace Venrob post”. Regardless of alignment this is totally unnecessary, and would warrant a forcereplace any day if I hosted a game (and I would ask for a short ban as well, but I doubt there is such a thing on this site). If you feel someone is ruining the game, PM the host, don’t use out of game threats to antagonize players. I am not saying DBK should have forcereplaced ABR, he is free to make his own judgement, but I would definitely do so (and it would be a shame for the scumteam, as ABR played a pretty good game after this).

I would have also forced replace out Umbrage for his “I am to pissed to play this game post”, as he clearly states he is playing against his winconditions. I would do this regardless of alignment, if not it would only confirm a slot as town.

Set-up

I like the concept with scum being able to pick their powers, and in turn getting counterpowerroles in town. But I didn’t like the town powerroles who was in the game. From best to worst you have:

Roleblocker:
This is a good role, and if the rb hits the scumkiller on any night a confirmed scum is found.
Tracker
: Same thing as with the roleblocker, only that he don’t prevent the kill.
Innocent Child:
A good role if a town powerhouse gets it, and town actually bothers listen. But if a player like me get it, and with players like TACO and TvK more focused on working against the confirmed player then trying to work together with, it is absolutely a useless role. If town work together with the IC, the scum is forced to as well.
Bodyguard
: 1 shot doctor, who dies. Ah, pretty bad if you ask me. Only good use is if there is a weak player who gets it, and who manages to protect a confirmed townplayer late.
Goon Cop
: A bastard role. At least in this set up. 1 player who returns goon, rest return no-goon. And the check is basically useless, and in worst case scenario leads to the goon cop believing a scum is town, if he misread his role.

If town had gotten the vig instead of the goon cop, and perhaps a IC, who could choose when to reveal, then I’d be more satisfied with the roles.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:22 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

Remind me never to play a game where TSB is the Mod. I don't wanna get force-replaced for something that minor.

Venrob shouldn't have been force-replaced, but neither should anyone else. Except maybe if enough people PM'ed me about Umbrage's abusing of caps lock, and that would have to be everybody (since there are players that specialize in that art form).

There is never a reason for a town player to vote themselves in a game like this. Sure, self-votes can help everyone else, but no one should think "Oh, I'll self-vote and gather information."
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:47 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Playing to your wincon is a RULE here. If you BREAK that rule, players can petition the mod for a force-replacement. The mod should never force-replace a player who abides by the rules and makes a request.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:45 am

Post by Shockwave Rider »

In post 398, Desperado wrote:Newsflash: We strongmanned Bard. Taco's choice didn't matter.
I think the point is that claiming to have protected TSB is a more plausible claim than protecting TvK. So if he targeted TSB, he might not have gotten lynched.

GG everyone!
First we had the legs race. Then we had the arms race. Now we're going to have the brain race. And, if we're lucky, the final stage will be the human race.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:10 am

Post by Umbrage »

In post 399, Formerfish wrote:Umbrage eat a fat dick you worthless asshole.
says the player who lurked through the entire game
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Dont_Vote_Me
Dont_Vote_Me
Goon
Dont_Vote_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:31 pm

Post by Dont_Vote_Me »

Found it to be a pretty boring game.
I'll make sure to avoid autists like Umbrage and Venrob in the future but yeah.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:23 am

Post by Umbrage »

In post 406, Dont_Vote_Me wrote:Found it to be a pretty boring game.
I'll make sure to avoid autists like Umbrage and Venrob in the future but yeah.
go fuck yourself, a big part of the reason we lost was due to you

I'm sorry this game that you were barely here for wasn't interesting enough for you

you think I wanted to keep yelling at brain dead town? no, but I stuck with it because I signed up for this game and made a commitment to see it through to the end

so yeah, fuck you, and fuck your attitude
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:43 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Damn, I had an inkling that Desparado was scum, but I dropped that suspicion on D2. I never really suspected ABR or SR at all this game. All three of the scum played pretty well! Like the Mod, I was also really surprised that Desperado wasn't lynched over anorway. Everyone here was pretty cool except for Venrob; I'm very disappointed in Venrob. Thank you, Mod. gg all.
anorway
anorway
Goon
anorway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:41 am

Post by anorway »

Btw DBK you forgot to put my name in the dead spoiler.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 9:58 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

that's it
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus