Mini 1543--Natirasha's On Parole!(Game Over)

Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:03 pm

Post by Selkies »

is your read on katsuki predicated solely on earlygame shenanigans?
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:07 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

Nah, now its based on lack of contribution + early game.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:07 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

Also process of elimination.
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:11 pm

Post by Selkies »

In post 0, Natirasha wrote:1. MafiaSSK
2. Cabd
3. Selkies(fferyllt+orcinus_theoriginal)
4. zMuffinMan
5. FourTrouble
6. King Kenny
7. The Goodfather*
8. kabooooom*
9. Bert Karlos4
10. RossWilliam
11. Aronis
12. Idiotking*
13. Katsuki
POE means you have townreads on questionable figures like kenny, kaboom, aronis. Talk to me about those.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:16 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 152, zMuffinMan wrote:katsuki is town, foutrouble is town, mafiassk is maybe town, selkies is scum
I also think this is pretty damning for zMuffin. As I said before, it's fine to critique my analysis of Katsuki's post on rule 6, but to call Katsuki town on that basis makes no sense whatsoever. zMuffin's analysis was basically saying Katsuki's post was too scummy to come from scum, and then calling Katsuki town on that basis. I just don't see a townie going that far.
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:19 pm

Post by Selkies »

yeah but talk to me about how on earth you have so many townreads that you're able to bring this down to poe already
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:23 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

Aronis is town because of his response when I asked what people thought of Ross. It showed me he was thinking about the game the way town thinks about the game. He saw someone vote for Ross, and that prompted him to think about Ross with more depth. I think scum are among those who did not offer their thoughts of Ross.

King Kenny is ultimately null but I thought the following post had hints of town that Katsuki/zMuffin's posts lack:
In post 363, King Kenny wrote:@idiotking:

I don't know what you don't get about my post or what I mean. Bert seems to be posting naturally without it looking forced, or containing fluff or nonsense.
I think scum would have tried to rationalize their read more. King Kenny's explanation just makes sense given the view I'm getting of the guy. Is it a solid read? No. But it sure has more town in it than anything Katsuki or zMuffin has posted.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:26 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

Selkies, you're town as I already mentioned. There were a few posts in the first 10 pages that I liked a lot, and the fact you offered your thoughts on Ross was town for me.

Idiotking, Bert, SSK -- don't think I need to explain those town-reads.

Goodfather/Cabd -- I'm still trying to evaluate their interaction, which seemed over-the-top at times, but overall I like them as town. I had Goodfather down as town based on town quite early, and likewise for Cabd.

Anything I'm missing? This game really isn't that hard. Ross/Katsuki/zMuffin. It makes sense. It's clear.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:28 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

Kaboom could be scum, not enough to go on. I kinda skipped over his posts for lack of information. I'd say scum are within Ross/Katsuki/zMuffin/Kaboom, and more likely to be Katsuki/zMuffin/Ross based on the fact that I expect more from them. Kaboom seems more like he's got no clue what's going on, regardless of alignment, and I'm not sure why he's in the game.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:30 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

Also, you can check my games if you don't believe, but I'm actually pretty good when it comes to accuracy of reads in this game, based on a single post or two early in the game.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:52 pm

Post by Cabd »

This is me prod dodging until I get my meds tomorrow.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:53 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

zMuffin, can you direct me to a couple of your games as mafia?
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:56 pm

Post by Idiotking »

In post 430, Bert wrote:
In post 359, Idiotking wrote:Oh, you wound me. My apologies if you guys are too advanced for me, but I've grown fond of training wheels.
Is this to be taken at face value?
...no. I was being sarcastic.
In post 359, Idiotking wrote:I'm confused, because you seem to be thinking that 1. it was too early to matter that you were sheeping, and 2. it was late enough for people to have valid town reads on you. Those conflict, don't they?
Let me break this down...what lovely smartness in your post here. Does this confusion mean you think how MafiaSSK is thinking is 'unusual?'
The confusion thing was just a turn of phrase. My point was that his thinking was inconsistent, meaning his defense didn't hold up.

What do you think of gut reads in general?
I don't like them in the slightest, because you can't talk about them. They simply exist. If you can't argue in favor of them or against them, they're amazingly useless to my form of scumhunting. I am only barely tolerant of them, simply because the site as a whole seems to accept them as at least minimally valid.

This is puzzling since you are reading Selkies as town based on actions that town (and scum appearing town) make. They appear irritated about unexplained votes and probe people with weak analysis. Is there another reason you're reading the hydra as town?
Does there have to be? If I am leaning town on Selkies because they're doing things that act town, why is that insufficient?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:03 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:04 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

oh shit, ignore that last one, please
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:17 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 462, Idiotking wrote:Does there have to be? If I am leaning town on Selkies because they're doing things that act town, why is that insufficient?
I guess I was secretly hoping there was something else you could probe deeper into to read competent scum players.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:28 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 462, Idiotking wrote:I don't like them in the slightest, because you can't talk about them. They simply exist. If you can't argue in favor of them or against them, they're amazingly useless to my form of scumhunting. I am only barely tolerant of them, simply because the site as a whole seems to accept them as at least minimally valid.
Well, I can understand if gut reads appear like a person is inventing stuff and don't appear rational in announcing those gut scumreads, etc.

In general, I don't think casting gut reads aside because they're minimal impact is the best idea.
In post 462, Idiotking wrote:The confusion thing was just a turn of phrase. My point was that his thinking was inconsistent, meaning his defense didn't hold up.
Do you think SSK is town? You sure have invested a lot of energy to discount his defense...
In post 462, Idiotking wrote:...no. I was being sarcastic.
OK, I misunderstood that as a genuine reaction to SSK's pressure.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:48 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Yeah, no, I'm not replying to Idiotking. That's just making me want to lurk and I'm not lurking here. But whatever his case is full of crap and I'm pretty sure most people here know it.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:49 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 427, Bert wrote:
In post 236, MafiaSSK wrote:
In post 233, Cabd wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Aronis
Give Aronis a break, Cabd. I'm pretty sure they're new.
Cabd was right about this being scummy.

Almost as bad as me defending Muffin. How do you know Aronis?

1 hour till Aussie open finals. Seeya tomorrow guys
I don't. I was looking at his join date and that's why I was questioning him so hard. If he gave scummy responses then I would have responded accordingly. But instead he gave newbish responses.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:50 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 432, RossWilliam wrote:
In post 411, zMuffinMan wrote:bert is scum

he hasn't done anything completely antitown, he hasn't self-voted and he hasn't asked to be lynched

Is this a joke or something from meta? Because I don't understand.

FourTrouble. Thanks for finally explaining your vote, but I think your preoccupied with how I play. Some people throw votes and pressure around and use that to find scum, I tend to think out loud and see what people respond to and see how they interact with eachother. You can call it cautious or unagressive, but in my opinion you're more likely to find scum in someone who is trying too hard or being ingenuine. There's no room for townies to be deceptive. And if I was going after easy lynches, I'd be campaigning hard against some who would have a hard time defending himself, this game has a couple. My vote isn't on anyone yet and it'll stay that way until I have more to go on. I'm interested in King Kenny and Kaboooom because I don't have anything on them right now, and I want to compare them to the people who are currently topping my scum list
I really don't like the way RossWilliams words himself in this post. It seems so
forced
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:52 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

I don't see why people have unvoted Muffinz. I still see him as scum. I'll continue to read and post some more.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:53 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

I'm also not seeing the selkies wagon still. It seems to be full of crap and overeager votes.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:55 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 411, zMuffinMan wrote:bert is scum

he hasn't done anything completely antitown, he hasn't self-voted and he hasn't asked to be lynched
See, its posts like these that make me think of Muffin as scum. Like I know that he's giving a reason and everything and that's typically my voter, but here muffin just isn't giving it any effort. Bert had been in for what a day or two max? Or maybe it's just a joke in which case it's contributing nothing and muffin is still scum.
But why would he be joking? I don't see why.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:03 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i don't see why, either
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:13 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 454, FourTrouble wrote:I also think this is pretty damning for zMuffin. As I said before, it's fine to critique my analysis of Katsuki's post on rule 6, but to call Katsuki town on that basis makes no sense whatsoever. zMuffin's analysis was basically saying Katsuki's post was too scummy to come from scum, and then calling Katsuki town on that basis.
I just don't see a townie going that far.
There are players like Nacho who - from past experience - will announce townreads right then and there, in a nanosecond, during page 2 or 3. I am not defending Muffin since I am perplexed by what he is doing in this game (he's dancing around questions/attention right now, for example)...I'm looking at the case on Muffin, and this part isn't too convincing. But, I can see your point and why you might think that, as I have brought up (in past games) the same suspicions against Nacho. I know, I know, comparison to two players and two totally different situations...but that is my point of reference/relating to put my thoughts together.
In post 452, FourTrouble wrote:Also process of elimination.
With that said, your using "PoE" on D1 when some players have barely shown up, to call a few people scum, is going just as far as Muffin did for a townread - which is what you accused him of doing.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”