NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6350 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:22 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

You mean quote. There is a big difference between quoting and posting you know.
Also 6348 proves that Titus is pushing us with some BS that she's not even willing to push it through with.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6351 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:22 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

Which is scum move.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6352 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:24 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 6349, geists wrote:I can already tell we'll be spinning in our QT grave tomorrow. I'll probably have to stop reading the game.
why don't we just lynch her
vote: Titus
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6353 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:31 pm

Post by geists »

Because SSK is the sure scum bet.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6354 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:34 pm

Post by pieguyn »

yeah but come on
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6355 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:34 pm

Post by Empire »

Day 3, Votecount 20
MafiaSSK (6)
-
Sakura Hana, RadiantCowbells, Norlkaz, Ms Marangal, Titus, Ser Arthur Dayne

Titus (2)
-
goodmorning, pieguyn

Norlkaz (1)
-
KoreanBBQ

Not Voting (7)
-
F-16_Fighting_Falcon, MafiaSSK, zMuffinMan, geists, Prophylaxis, Casso the King of Seals, Generic

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch! Deadline is on January 26th at 4:30 PM EST or in (expired on 2014-01-26 17:28:18)

Mod Notes
-
N/A
Last edited by Empire on Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6356 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:34 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

I am down with lynching SSK once I get Nat's take on the Red Wine game w.r.t Llamarble.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6357 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:50 pm

Post by geists »

I want more thoughts about our reads list before we call curtains. So far, you're the only person who has poked at it.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6358 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:52 pm

Post by geists »

What's up, f-16?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6359 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:00 pm

Post by pieguyn »

how sure are you about Casso town? and what gave you a full townread on him?

what do you think of BRO's replace out? if he was trying to stay under the radar on purpose idk if he'd do that. for me it indicates his inactivity was bc of him legitimately having trouble keeping up with the game. ofc he could still be scum regardless, but just as is he's more town than SAD, zmuffin, and norl IMO

why did Bert move down to null?

what does Nati like about zmuffin?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6360 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:21 pm

Post by geists »

In post 6359, pieguyn wrote:how sure are you about Casso town? and what gave you a full townread on him?
I expect him to be lynched in a day or two and I expect everyone to hear the hollow sound of geists' "I told you so" on the flip. That's how sure. As far as "what", it's not any single post or interaction. It's the body of work. It's the way his reads have formed and developed, and it's where we disagree and why. And it's which reads have been hard for him to firm up and why. It's a thought process I can see and follow. There's some other stuff I don't want to talk about because once he knows what new stuff I'm looking for, that stuff
will
show up in his scum game.
what do you think of BRO's replace out? if he was trying to stay under the radar on purpose idk if he'd do that. for me it indicates his inactivity was bc of him legitimately having trouble keeping up with the game. ofc he could still be scum regardless, but just as is he's more town than SAD, zmuffin, and norl IMO
Don't want to talk about this other than to say I disagree with the basic premise.
why did Bert move down to null?
He was making a lot of excuses. It started to worry me.
what does Nati like about zmuffin?
I'll defer to Nati on this one.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6361 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:31 pm

In post 6358, geists wrote:What's up, f-16?
In post 6322, geists wrote:Nati has some pretty strong concerns about Norl but I think I'll let him talk to you about them when he has a chance.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6362 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:38 pm

Post by geists »

Oh, I'm supposed to lead this? Lemme check my notes.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6363 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:41 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 6360, geists wrote:He was making a lot of excuses. It started to worry me.
is this smth that's specific to Bert? and how good is he at faking that weird all-over-the-place feeling he had at the start of the game?

bc I can't read him for shit and originally you had such a strong townread that the direction of paranoia would be reversed if he was scum. so I have a feeling I'll just end up sheeping you on this read.

and you're more sure about Nacho than in imperishable night right? the last thing I need is to let scum nacho win yet another game against me despite pegging him both times =.=
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6364 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:42 pm

Post by geists »

So like the thing with Norlkaz is that I just don't like his abrasiveness or something. I had nothing specific, I think? A lot of his posting d2 and early d3 was really kinda shit too.

I'll take a look back and see if I can vocalize stuff.

As to muffin, I'm -finally- starting to learn how to read him.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6365 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:45 pm

Post by geists »

OH YEAH I hated his huge post defending SSK even back when he posted it.

I know he later copped to it but it seemed like a bad backtrack.

Then he votes Ceph. The vig diatribe seemed like a kinda pointless tangent, although I know why he feels pumped about that topic(ie being a sick-ass vig in both MTGS games).
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6366 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:47 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 6364, geists wrote:As to muffin, I'm -finally- starting to learn how to read him.
how sure are you about this?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6367 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:48 pm

Post by Generic »

In post 6333, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
Unvote
Vote: MafiaSSK

This day should probably end now. Now sure what to think on titus. Can't really decide between bad or scum, but I'm gonna give the slot the benefit of the doubt for now since I had a townread of Ceph.

That there is the post that has me leaning scum on SAD with more confidence.
The desire to push through the day, the soft defence of Titus with a qualifier that he was townreading ceph... Not a fan of that post at all.

@ Geists, I think F16 summed up my thoughts, I don't have anywhere near the same confidence in casso you seem to, I think hana for her odd thought process should be higher up your list and f16 should at the very least be a lean town cos his input as the game progresses is more detailed and probing.

Beyond that I think you have similar thought processes to me and you null pile has the remaining top suspects for scum your scum pile is lacking.

You also put a lot if faith in KBBQ, he is the one that concerns me although I cannot deny him a town lean especially after his response to my question.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6368 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:01 pm

In post 6365, geists wrote:OH YEAH I hated his huge post defending SSK even back when he posted it.

I know he later copped to it but it seemed like a bad backtrack.

Then he votes Ceph. The vig diatribe seemed like a kinda pointless tangent, although I know why he feels pumped about that topic(ie being a sick-ass vig in both MTGS games).
I didn't like it either. What I did like was that his reads were very bold and against the grain. I also thought that his points about Nacho compared with Perpetual MYLO were very good ones. I dislike that his activity level and enthusiasm isn't at the same level as Red Wine and most of his posts are promises for content rather than actual content.

I skimmed through his ISO in his scum game (A uPick of Ice & Fire: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... ct[]=22491), and it was actually very different in that he never really pushed scumteams. He spends a lot of time focussing on townreads and POEing the scum from whoever is leftover.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6369 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:05 pm

Post by geists »

In post 6363, pieguyn wrote:
In post 6360, geists wrote:He was making a lot of excuses. It started to worry me.
is this smth that's specific to Bert? and how good is he at faking that weird all-over-the-place feeling he had at the start of the game?
the excuses? usually he makes some excuses and pulls up his socks and starts towning it up by making his thoughts totally transparent. He was transparent but there was very little game content there - just excuses. I know that he genuinely does struggle in games this size though. He replaced out of the xenogears game because it was too big and too fast and too many people to evaluate effectively the way he goes about forming reads.

If he were still in the game, it wouldn't have taken a whole lot for him to firm the town read back up.
bc I can't read him for shit and originally you had such a strong townread that the direction of paranoia would be reversed if he was scum. so I have a feeling I'll just end up sheeping you on this read.
If I were around for the latter part of the game I'd put a lot of weight on what Proph does.
and you're more sure about Nacho than in imperishable night right? the last thing I need is to let scum nacho win yet another game against me despite pegging him both times =.=
In imperishable night, my read went from null and worried to town as fuck solely on the basis of his reaction to AA. That was a huge mistake. I learned how to recognize town-AA from him and she was doing exactly what he told me to watch for, along with following almost word for word some of the stuff she'd posted in our first game together, where she got wagonned as town. If I'd had more time that game day (and it was my fault I didn't) I would have reconsidered calling him town as fuck over that because there was no way he could have done anything else with me in the game. And considering the whole thing was pretty much orchestrated so they could bus Bro and get us out of the game, too, my read was even more folly-ridden.

That's why I'm stressing this is a body of work read. Am I 100% sure? No. I doubt I'll ever feel that level of sureness again unless I've been townreading him for months - not weeks.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6370 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:24 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 6369, geists wrote:the excuses? usually he makes some excuses and pulls up his socks and starts towning it up by making his thoughts totally transparent. He was transparent but there was very little game content there - just excuses. I know that he genuinely does struggle in games this size though. He replaced out of the xenogears game because it was too big and too fast and too many people to evaluate effectively the way he goes about forming reads.

If he were still in the game, it wouldn't have taken a whole lot for him to firm the town read back up.
if this is the only thing giving you reservations about him then I think it's still looking p good. I can completely get having problems in large games (like in marketplace no matter how hard I tried I ended up doing a whole bunch of nothing)

is scum Bert good at faking transparency? I also remember BRO's game where I heard he was really apathetic and it looked like he was trying p hard at the start of the game, and if anything IMO all the excuses are a sign he actually does care. what do you think?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6371 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:31 pm

Post by geists »

In post 6370, pieguyn wrote:
In post 6369, geists wrote:the excuses? usually he makes some excuses and pulls up his socks and starts towning it up by making his thoughts totally transparent. He was transparent but there was very little game content there - just excuses. I know that he genuinely does struggle in games this size though. He replaced out of the xenogears game because it was too big and too fast and too many people to evaluate effectively the way he goes about forming reads.

if this is the only thing giving you reservations about him then I think it's still looking p good. I can completely get having problems in large games (like in marketplace no matter how hard I tried I ended up doing a whole bunch of nothing)

is scum Bert good at faking transparency? I also remember BRO's game where I heard he was really apathetic and it looked like he was trying p hard at the start of the game, and if anything IMO all the excuses are a sign he actually does care. what do you think?
I have a relatively small sample of scum-Bert games, between what I've played and what I've read. None of his scum games have been exactly like the others, but the sincerity and transparency seem hard for him to fake.

Something else that has characterized his recent scum games (the ones I was in) is that I die on night 1 (or maybe my first night in the game). Now that I've said that out loud I wouldn't assume that surviving a night or two in future games indicates he's town.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6372 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:06 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

titus wrote:Casso, strong lean town but he's likely scum whiteknighting me if Sakura isn't scum
if your thoughts on casso being town are really that strong, why would sakura's alignment change things?
titus wrote:Geists, townish... I would probbly be scumreading him but for the gs. He could be a mafia doctor given we have a vig.
how do you have geists as "townish" if they'd be scum but for the gunsmith result?

also, what happened to your read on me / why wasn't i mentioned in your reads list? or what was with the whole fence-sitting accusation and how did things change there?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6373 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:21 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

geists wrote:I'd trade this zmuffin in on the Cash Cabd Rail Tracer in a heartbeat.
:/ i spent the entire D1 tunneling town players in that game and D2 onwards i was leveraging a PR result on scum to get better reads. i actually really disliked my play in cash cabd (at least prior to the part where i knew one scum). if you wanna talk about things here, we can talk. i'm in observation mode at the moment but if there are specific reads you want me to talk about, i'll go over them.
pieguy wrote:what do you think of the associatives between SAD and zmuffin?
regardless of SAD's alignment, i'm town here. so get over your boner for me, i don't swing that way, tia
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6374 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:36 am

Post by Generic »

If the days momentum is going into decline I will be voting SSK. Just a heads up to people like geists who wanted maximum use of the day phase.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”