NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6275 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:40 am

Post by Rancid Broderick Drake »

In post 6273, Titus wrote:Geists, speak English!
Yaaar! The only language a pirate speaks be the cold shanties of the sea!
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6276 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:41 am

Post by geists »

In post 6275, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:
In post 6273, Titus wrote:Geists, speak English!
Yaaar! The only language a pirate speaks be the cold shanties of the sea!
Oops. Wrong hydra.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #6277 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:41 am

Post by Titus »

In post 6270, geists wrote:
In post 6268, Titus wrote:This is vague as fuck. If it is obvious SH was scum, why didn't you fight for her to be the deadline wagon? Hmm...no given the amount of ppl townreading SH and her biggest scumreaders are in the graveyard (Tammy and Desp) that's far from obvious.
The call calls for you, not her, today.
Sorry,you called my conclusion of SH scum obvious, do you agree or not?
If so, why was SH scum obvious?

If not, then my conclusions aren't obvious.

Btw, ignore Dr. Who why don't you. I was just as confused there.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6278 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:42 am

Post by geists »

I have to go to class, but we will continue this later, Titus.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #6279 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:43 am

Post by Titus »

Pick up a brain capable of reading me while you are there. The smart kid who you feel no one gets will do nicely.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6280 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:45 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 6273, Titus wrote:5-6 votes is not lynchable when lynch requires 11.

My wagon was forming, it got a lil' higher (I think it got to 8?) so from his perspective his was hoping on a wagon that was likely to go through so to me your "oh look SSK didn't join a lynchable wagon on KBBQ" is nothing but an attempt to try and make it look like I'm a SSK buddy when the statement is obvious bullshit and no one but scum and shit town are going to buy that.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6281 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:47 am

Post by geists »

In post 6264, Titus wrote:What the fuck are you talking about?
He's talking about your replace-in to asoiaf, I think.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6282 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:49 am

Post by geists »

Titus I might stop tunneling you (no promises) if you drop your gawdawful dumb case on KBBQ. If you don't, I'm going to want to lynch you regardless of your alignment.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #6283 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:50 am

Post by Titus »

Korean, I say who the scum are, not who I hope buys it. Either I am right or I am wrong. All the SSK votes do is suggest you are not scum. Vig softclaim strongly suggests you are scum. Take your null and b happy.

Yeah your wagon might have reached 8. The whole point is the scum don't vote each other when they think it can go through. Don't try to force me to townead you. It won't work.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #6284 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:51 am

Post by Titus »

In post 6282, geists wrote:Titus I might stop tunneling you (no promises) if you drop your gawdawful dumb case on KBBQ. If you don't, I'm going to want to lynch you regardless of your alignment.
It is shit like this that has me paranoid. Throwing cases is how I scumhunt.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6285 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:57 am

Post by pieguyn »

what the hell is that? that just feels like you're trying to distance from your BBQ case without actually dropping it
In post 6283, Titus wrote:Yeah your wagon might have reached 8. The whole point is the scum don't vote each other when they think it can go through. Don't try to force me to townead you. It won't work.
I love how you make this point and you completely ignored the part where SSK passed up a jump onto the Casso wagon
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #6286 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:01 am

Post by Titus »

Pie, there's pros and cons to the BBQ case. I am working it out. So yeah, I am not dropping it, but I am not 100% sure KBBQ is scum. I will work it out. I hate being bullied which is what geists is doing.

Why the hell would passed up a jump on the Casso wagon matter? When is that? Casso was never a viable D1 wagon anyway.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6287 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:11 am

Post by geists »

In post 6286, Titus wrote:Pie, there's pros and cons to the BBQ case. I am working it out. So yeah, I am not dropping it, but I am not 100% sure KBBQ is scum. I will work it out. I hate being bullied which is what geists is doing.

Why the hell would passed up a jump on the Casso wagon matter? When is that? Casso was never a viable D1 wagon anyway.
This is probably my last day in the game. I watched the asoiaf game in utter disbelief when you replaced into an obvscum slot obvscummed the hell out of your first couple of game days and then made it all the way to LYLO.

Nati's way more confident you're scum than I am. I feel that whether you're scum or not, town is probably going to be in a better position to win if you (and your slot) are gone well before LYLO.

You're welcome to change my opinion. But, it will take considerably more than tunneling one of my stronger town reads and calling the claimed masons scum.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6288 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:16 am

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

Titus, your case is really weak. It seems like you are trying to emulate your stubborn town meta that Nacho pointed out to you after the end of ASOIAF.
In post 6581, Nachomamma8 wrote:I thought the big thing that sold me on you was the way you compromised some morals when convenient (Alfred being scum for hammering, scum in fake guilted players). You usually stick up for what you believe in as town and push it in a very poignant way; you didn't do that here.

You did well to fake some pretty key moments, though :( :( :(
Where's the awesome Titus scumhunting I saw in Big Brother: HoH mafia? Right now, you feel like a fraction of your Big Brother self.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6289 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:17 am

Post by Empire »

Day 3, Votecount 18
MafiaSSK (5)
-
Sakura Hana, BROseidon, Norlkaz, Ms Marangal, Titus

Prophylaxis (1)
-
Ser Arthur Dayne

Norlkaz (1)
-
KoreanBBQ

Titus (1)
-
goodmorning

Ser Arthur Dayne (1)
-
pieguyn

Not Voting (7)
-
F-16_Fighting_Falcon, MafiaSSK, zMuffinMan, geists, Prophylaxis, Casso the King of Seals, Generic

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch! Deadline is on January 26th at 4:30 PM EST or in (expired on 2014-01-26 17:28:18)

Mod Notes
-
N/A
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6290 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:19 am

Post by pieguyn »

there was a wagon on Casso near D1 deadline although it only reached I think 4 or 5 votes. then SSK made a post looking at all the votes on his wagon where he voted BBQ for wanting a "flashlynch" (note Casso was the one who lead the deadline lynch on him). what do you think about this?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #6291 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:37 am

Post by Titus »

Pieguyn, that wagon did not show up in the VCs. I will read that post.

F16, it takes me awhile to replace in. I am thinking of asking the mod if it's possible to start a quicktopic in this game in the rare event I must replace out. If that became standard, then this lag would not be as big of an issue. Why did you vote park on McM, F16?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #6292 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:42 am

Post by Titus »

Oh it appeared as three votes gotcha. Looking now. SSK avoiding casso and SH suggests distancing on SH particularly with his 180 on SH. In light of that post alone Casso looks weaker. I cannot see scumCasso stickng up for me though.

Who were the other voter(s)?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6293 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:45 am

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

I can buy that it takes you a while to replace in but your stubbornness seems out of place especially considering the strength of your case. It looks like you are trying to fix your mistakes from ASOIAF. I "voteparked" because I am generally slow to vote and switch votes.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #6294 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:02 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 6237, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:And what are your thoughts regarding the differences in Llamarble's behavior here compared with Red Wine? I'd ask about Cephrir but I am assuming we are in agreement there. It wasn't actually hard to read either player as town/scum, especially Llamarble although Cephrir was probably the trickier one.
That was my first game with llamarble and I had no idea how to read him. His reads were more accurate than mine for the most part, but during that game on day 1 and 2 I didn't know what to make of him. He had reads but he wasn't pushing them very hard, and the one hard stance he took (espeonage-town) I really disagreed with after I read through the game projectmatt linked and the case he made for espe-scum. So, I'm in a similar situation - not really understanding the basis for some of his reads, and therefore not trusting them. And his playstyle is different but I don't know if that's playing to his alt-meta. He has a harder edge in this game than he did in Red Wine.

Ceph's play here did not really fit his town meta as I've recently seen it (Dixon Hill, Cash Cabd, NY167), but it's hard to see the fatalistic stuff as fitting his scum-meta. There was one point where I finally flashed onto oh-hell-this-is-scum-Ceph on day 1 of the Red Wine game, and his reaction to my sudden vote didn't have a "you're wrong because I'm town" feel to it, which I did occasionally see flashes of in this game. This post is a good starting point for that exchange.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6295 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:02 am

Post by geists »

In post 6294, morph the cat wrote:
In post 6237, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:And what are your thoughts regarding the differences in Llamarble's behavior here compared with Red Wine? I'd ask about Cephrir but I am assuming we are in agreement there. It wasn't actually hard to read either player as town/scum, especially Llamarble although Cephrir was probably the trickier one.
That was my first game with llamarble and I had no idea how to read him. His reads were more accurate than mine for the most part, but during that game on day 1 and 2 I didn't know what to make of him. He had reads but he wasn't pushing them very hard, and the one hard stance he took (espeonage-town) I really disagreed with after I read through the game projectmatt linked and the case he made for espe-scum. So, I'm in a similar situation - not really understanding the basis for some of his reads, and therefore not trusting them. And his playstyle is different but I don't know if that's playing to his alt-meta. He has a harder edge in this game than he did in Red Wine.

Ceph's play here did not really fit his town meta as I've recently seen it (Dixon Hill, Cash Cabd, NY167), but it's hard to see the fatalistic stuff as fitting his scum-meta. There was one point where I finally flashed onto oh-hell-this-is-scum-Ceph on day 1 of the Red Wine game, and his reaction to my sudden vote didn't have a "you're wrong because I'm town" feel to it, which I did occasionally see flashes of in this game. This post is a good starting point for that exchange.
me
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #6296 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:29 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 6259, Titus wrote:Really, at L minus 1, Sakurahas every incentive she needs to talk to claim.
You mean L-2 right?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #6297 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:22 am

Post by Titus »

In post 6293, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I can buy that it takes you a while to replace in but your stubbornness seems out of place especially considering the strength of your case. It looks like you are trying to fix your mistakes from ASOIAF. I "voteparked" because I am generally slow to vote and switch votes.
I am being stubborn as to the possibility which is appropriate given the fact I think BBQ softclaimed vig and that's impossible. That feeling is not going to change despite my vc suggesting BBQ town. So yeah, I am going to be stubborn about him being a nullread since I have two sets of conflicting evidnce. Totally appropriate.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #6298 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:23 am

Post by Titus »

In post 6296, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 6259, Titus wrote:Really, at L minus 1, Sakurahas every incentive she needs to talk to claim.
You mean L-2 right?
I am going to reverify but pretty sure Casso unvoted when you where at L minus 1.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6299 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:25 am

Post by pieguyn »

@ffery:
thoughts on that? ^ it's p fking obvious that "permission to kill" was permission from his hydra partner and not to actually kill Sakura. so I'm inclined to agree the way she's sticking to it seems forced

also, what's your current read on zmuffin?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”