NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6100 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:34 am

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

Is Thor really ever this town?
Because he looks town as shit here.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6101 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:44 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 6097, geists wrote:
In post 6052, KoreanBBQ wrote:
In post 5862, geists wrote:
In post 5860, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Also, how sure are you about your read on KBBQ?
I feel pretty good about it. I want to talk with GiF about my reads before the day ends.
Yo
Yeh, so Titus scum? Her posts are reminding me a little of her replace-in to the asoiaf game. I want to have a look at the FEA replace-in, too, though.
Yes
In post 6098, geists wrote:
In post 6067, KoreanBBQ wrote:So what's f-16's read on casso again?
Scum.

What's your read of them?
totally null :igmeou:
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6102 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:23 am

In post 5821, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Nacho, I am scumreading you because your reads are too PC (politically correct). You have the read that you
have
to have in order to not set off alarm bells for players like ffery. There is nothing new and exciting about them.

I seriously hope someone like Regfan replaces in.
If I have to have reads, I have to have them because I'd have them as town. My reads being this politically correct mean that I'm either town or scum playing out of my fucking mind.
In post 5824, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I consider his entire body of work to get a read on him and that'll take a while to develop.
My body of work is fucking massive right now; get that read on me and talk to me about it because the tools for developing it are only a click away.
In post 5840, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Nacho in my experience doesn't usually bus but there are a few markers I look for regarding how and who he busses.
CES called me a turbo-busser once!
In post 5880, geists wrote:This reminds me of your oh-so-clueless entrance to the asoiaf game.
I don't think being clueless is a scumtell for Titus.
I liked the entrance excitement; felt like a townie getting into the thread and opening up a brand new puzzle.
In post 5955, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Also, Nacho we need to talk.
I'm here.
In post 5952, goodmorning wrote:A. Muffin wasn't particularly fencesitting.
So? It's fairly easy to see how she drew that conclusion.
In post 5952, goodmorning wrote:B. Buzzword scumhunting rather than any real contribution.
Welcome to Titus.
In post 5952, goodmorning wrote:C. Fails to demonstrate that fencesitting from Muffin would be cause for concern.
:neutral:
In post 5952, goodmorning wrote:D. If it weren't Titus, the lack of a vote here would also be a bit pingy.
But it is Titus, so that doesn't matter worth shit.
In post 5952, goodmorning wrote:A. If you're reading closely enough to know where the wagons are, you're reading closely enough to see people's stated reasoning for them.
Not really. SC lynch happened because it was the culmination of paranoia earlier in the day + deadline rush. This resulted in a shit ton of naked votes on SC, which doesn't explain anything and requires context.
In post 5952, goodmorning wrote:B. The last time I saw a post like this (vague shame you lynched a pr boo), I made it. It was my first Scum game. Does it have to come from Scum? No. Does it look like it? Oh yes.
This is fair, but also strikes me as something Titus-esque to say.
In post 5952, goodmorning wrote:C. With such concern about SSK's targets, why not just ISO him and see if he had claimed them? The people in this game are competent enough to have forced the issue if he hadn't, so the info was obviously going to be there. His ISO is only 77 posts so it's not like it would take long, and in any case Ctrl+f "protect" shows it within four results.
This point is generally bad.
In post 5952, goodmorning wrote:D. I also enjoy the "I would love for a tracker or watcher to out themselves! BUT SUBTLY"
i. I mean, any outing in this playerlist, especially with heavy analytics like ffery alive, would be about as subtle as a cat in a kitchen.
Do you think Titus would fish so blatantly? I don't agree with Thor that it feels like she's trying to slow down the wagon and fish out another PR; she's not that type of scum player at all.
In post 5989, Gunslinger wrote:Nacho, Thor, SH, who fools you as scum?
Generic, BRO, GiF. Muffin could probably fool me, but I think he's having a bad game.
In post 6058, KoreanBBQ wrote:Also I think muffin is town
Yay I finally have a read on him
Why?
Is it because he doesn't use proper capitalization?
In post 6101, KoreanBBQ wrote:totally null
Same here!
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6103 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:59 am

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

Okay. Why the push on Desp D2. I never really understood what the point of it was. I had some vague paranoia of him but nothing else. It felt like you saw the suspicion that ffery and others had on Desp and pushed it through. I didn't see a coherent line of thought that made you believe he is scum. Most of your attacks seemed to be on the line of town-Desp not apathetically letting you die but it wasn't a really strong point. It seemed like your case against zMuffinman was so much stronger and took up a lot more of your time.

You are defending Titus pretty hard based on mostly null-tells. There was nothing about her that I found town, at least not yet. Is this influenced by your Cephrir townread and are you giving her more of a benefit of the doubt due to her predecessor?

Who are your best picks for a scumteam right now? What do you think of my assessment of Norl/Llamarble?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6104 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:00 pm

And my meta on Cephrir?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6105 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:24 pm

Post by geists »

Nacho, Titus got past you in the asoiaf game. What do you see in her opening posts that makes you think this is not scum-Titus?

@Generic

asoiaf: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31262 (replaced in on page 124)

FEA: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31053 (replaced in on page 289)
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6106 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:47 pm

In post 6103, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Most of your attacks seemed to be on the line of town-Desp not apathetically letting you die but it wasn't a really strong point.
My initial push on Desperado was because he had largely faded away and I wanted to interact with him and see if I could firm up my read of him a bit. The response that I got back was "whee, OMGUS!" which didn't strike me as a town-Desp way to approach a read on me. We've played 10+ games together, we had either hydra'ed together by that point or talked a lot about it, and in all games, Desperado normally uses me as a sounding board and keeps me as an important part of his game when he plays, similar to ffery playstyle. His push on me without addressing anything I've posted or talking to me at all was weird as hell; it read like he was trying not to repeat the Xenogears mistake of not capitalizing on a Nacho-lynch when it was possible and not at all like he was approaching me or trying to read me. When my push on him intensified a bit, no response; townDesp when town gives
something
when he's pushed, but here, nothing.
In post 6103, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:It seemed like your case against zMuffinman was so much stronger and took up a lot more of your time.
I was at a brick wall with Muffin. I wasn't getting any traction, looked for something different instead.
In post 6103, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:You are defending Titus pretty hard based on mostly null-tells. There was nothing about her that I found town, at least not yet. Is this influenced by your Cephrir townread and are you giving her more of a benefit of the doubt due to her predecessor?
I find most of her posting null, but I still think the slot is town. I'm defending her so hard because GM's current case on her is composed entirely of null tells and Titus has a way of attracting wagons to herself.
In post 6103, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Who are your best picks for a scumteam right now? What do you think of my assessment of Norl/Llamarble?
SAD-SSK-Muffin-BRO-Norlkaz, with one of Generic/Titus maaaaaaybe going into one of those slots but they seem pretty fucking town at the moment. My latest basis for reading Llamarble is give him plenty of room to town, which he simply hasn't done at all. I feel we will be in a great position after clearing out SAD-SSK and maybe Muffin, and if the whole "I will town later" and doing nothing of note continues to that point then I will switch out of "giving him room" mode and start lynching the hell out of him. I noted your meta on Cephrir but I don't think the "unnatural expression of surprise" point was a good one.
In post 6105, geists wrote:Nacho, Titus got past you in the asoiaf game. What do you see in her opening posts that makes you think this is not scum-Titus?
I thought Titus was scum for a good portion of the game (all of it?). I don't really have a good read on Titus at the moment, but Cephrir still seemed town.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6107 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:16 pm

If you don't really have a good read on Titus, why interrupt GM's line of questioning rather than let Titus answer for herself and see how she responds? I haven't finished reading ASOIAF yet but from what I gathered, it seems that Cephrir has fooled you there as well. Why wouldn't you be wary enough of the slot to at least let GM sort Titus out for herself?

What was the basis for your scumread on BRO?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6108 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:25 pm

In post 6107, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:If you don't really have a good read on Titus, why interrupt GM's line of questioning rather than let Titus answer for herself and see how she responds? I haven't finished reading ASOIAF yet but from what I gathered, it seems that Cephrir has fooled you there as well. Why wouldn't you be wary enough of the slot to at least let GM sort Titus out for herself?

What was the basis for your scumread on BRO?
I don't see the sorting process going anywhere interesting and noticed Thor asked for my comments on the exchange. I still have my weariness about the slot and will likely put that to rest by waiting for Titus to get caught up and see how she handles things when she's actually caught up. Do you think that goodmorning's points on Titus are good? Do they convince you at all?
In post 6107, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:What was the basis for your scumread on BRO?
Lack of any significant towniness. I think Muffin's point that this is different from the other two times I saw him as scum, that he's into image cultivation and all that jazz, but he still hasn't really done anything and I don't find apathetic posting particularly hard to fake and a strong indication of being town, whereas with most other people in this game I can point to smoking guns and gorgeous bodies of work.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6109 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:33 pm

Post by Empire »

Day 3, Votecount 15
MafiaSSK (3)
-
Sakura Hana, BROseidon, Norlkaz

Prophylaxis (2)
-
Ser Arthur Dayne, Generic

Norlkaz (1)
-
KoreanBBQ

KoreanBBQ (1)
-
Titus

Titus (1)
-
goodmorning

Ser Arthur Dayne (1)
-
pieguyn

zMuffinMan (1)
-
Ms Marangal

Not Voting (6)
-
F-16_Fighting_Falcon, MafiaSSK, zMuffinMan, geists, Prophylaxis, Casso the King of Seals

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch! Deadline is on January 26th at 4:30 PM EST or in (expired on 2014-01-26 17:28:18)

Mod Notes
-
Generic is V/LA until Sunday.
Last edited by Empire on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6110 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:24 pm

Okay, I was re-reading and I saw that Thor and GM were interacting before so that makes sense. GoodMorning's posts didn't really convince me other than me feeling that she was attacking who I thought was scum for other reasons. In , you say that the major reason that you were reading Cephrir town was completely wrong and completely faked. How did that read come back? Did Cephrir's defense of you and saying that he will allow himself to get lynched in your place the sole or primary reason for the resurgence of your townread?

Your reads post looks a lot different from the one in Perpetual MYLO in that you have no scumreads to which you can point out and strongly say that you are scumreading them. It seems like you are townreading almost everyone while pointing out small concerns from your scumreads. For nearly everyone, you made sure to point out some town things they did. Why is it that you are not confident in any of your scumreads to the extent you were in other town games I've played with you (BB:HoH and Hunterx being a few examples of games of similar size)?
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6111 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:43 pm

Post by Empire »

Prodding Ser Arthur Dayne.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6112 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:47 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Hi guys. I'm back. Catching up time!
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6113 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:34 pm

Post by Generic »

In post 6106, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 6103, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Most of your attacks seemed to be on the line of town-Desp not apathetically letting you die but it wasn't a really strong point.
My initial push on Desperado was because he had largely faded away and I wanted to interact with him and see if I could firm up my read of him a bit. The response that I got back was "whee, OMGUS!" which didn't strike me as a town-Desp way to approach a read on me. We've played 10+ games together, we had either hydra'ed together by that point or talked a lot about it, and in all games, Desperado normally uses me as a sounding board and keeps me as an important part of his game when he plays, similar to ffery playstyle. His push on me without addressing anything I've posted or talking to me at all was weird as hell; it read like he was trying not to repeat the Xenogears mistake of not capitalizing on a Nacho-lynch when it was possible and not at all like he was approaching me or trying to read me. When my push on him intensified a bit, no response; townDesp when town gives
something
when he's pushed, but here, nothing.
In post 6103, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:It seemed like your case against zMuffinman was so much stronger and took up a lot more of your time.
I was at a brick wall with Muffin. I wasn't getting any traction, looked for something different instead.
In post 6103, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:You are defending Titus pretty hard based on mostly null-tells. There was nothing about her that I found town, at least not yet. Is this influenced by your Cephrir townread and are you giving her more of a benefit of the doubt due to her predecessor?
I find most of her posting null, but I still think the slot is town. I'm defending her so hard because GM's current case on her is composed entirely of null tells and Titus has a way of attracting wagons to herself.
In post 6103, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Who are your best picks for a scumteam right now? What do you think of my assessment of Norl/Llamarble?
SAD-SSK-Muffin-BRO-Norlkaz, with one of Generic/Titus maaaaaaybe going into one of those slots but they seem pretty fucking town at the moment. My latest basis for reading Llamarble is give him plenty of room to town, which he simply hasn't done at all. I feel we will be in a great position after clearing out SAD-SSK and maybe Muffin, and if the whole "I will town later" and doing nothing of note continues to that point then I will switch out of "giving him room" mode and start lynching the hell out of him. I noted your meta on Cephrir but I don't think the "unnatural expression of surprise" point was a good one.
In post 6105, geists wrote:Nacho, Titus got past you in the asoiaf game. What do you see in her opening posts that makes you think this is not scum-Titus?
I thought Titus was scum for a good portion of the game (all of it?). I don't really have a good read on Titus at the moment, but Cephrir still seemed town.
Interesting, why has my name suddenly popped into reckoning for you?
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6114 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:56 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Prod received, I'll have a looksie on this game tomorrow probably.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6115 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:05 pm

Post by pieguyn »

prod dodge post tomorrow
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6116 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:50 am

Post by Empire »

Prodding Ms Marangal and Norlkaz.
Prophylaxis
Prophylaxis
Goon
Prophylaxis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6117 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:15 am

Post by Prophylaxis »

Got through page 50, here are my catchup notes.

--

Dislike Falcon's first two posts, especially the "good catch".

Not a huge fan of BROseidon's posting youtube video to the are you scum. Reminds me of Thor's "I am a kumquat"

Kind of dislike MC Maraca's "let's wagon F-16, right?" and then proceeding to keep her RVS vote.

The town bloc application filling is ridiculous.

Feel a bit worse about Maraca; it's a bit forced around #120.

Not sure if I like "Yep, you got me," Cephir's #154.

Man, I'm not a fan of mafiascum RVS. Feels too inside-jokey, with little to no analysis being actually performed, heh.

Hm, not sure whether to bump F-16 up for responding to his questions. Still kind of in my Not Town pile, though.

I don't have any town reads yet, ugh.

...not a huge fan of geists asking questions in #258.

Oh Generic is in this game he can go into the Generic pile.

Man, RVS in this game is extremely depressing. It's all meta to me with players that have played with each other multiple times, and I'm just left not really basking in it.

Should I trust Tammy's read on Generic?

...Did someone replace Brain Skies? Want to put him as a slight town read based on questioning why people are townreading him.

(I later moved him to null because Llamarble replaced into that slot, and I have decent regard for him as a player watching the Crosstown games, and have trouble seeing him be
so wrong
)

I liked pieguyn's replace in and his questions to Sakura. Seemed like a genuine attempt to Figure Things Out, I think.

F-16's posts ring hollow in my ears, though I hope I'm not conf'biasing this read.

I'll probably toss SSK into the leaning scum pile. Fairly self conscious.

Hmm, though it seems like he's genuinely trying to figure out people's alignments on his wagon? Need to look at this more, though

Don't know why Stuffed Crust was lynched - his reactions were pretty townie.

Something here about Sakura made me think she was town/made me pay more attention to her, need to dig it up

Did MafiaSSK overreact in 896?

--

I'm about here at the moment; tell me if anything happens to my scum reads.

Stuffed Crust
Tammy
Desperado
DOMO

Prophylaxis

Generic

Casso the King of Seals

pieguyn r. SonOfZeus

MafiaSSK r. roflwaffles
Norlkaz r. Brian Skies
KoreanBBQ
goodmorning
Sakura Hana
Ser Arthur Dayne r. pitoli
zMuffinMan r. talah
Titus
geists
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
BROseidon
Ms Marangal
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #6118 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:22 am

Post by Titus »

@Thor/Generic, if either of you have questions regarding what I do as scum, check out asoiaf and micro See Nine. For a town replace in this size, check out Dr. Who's last great time war. I don't care for meta. Yet, it seems like you all do.

I need to get into the game more. Care to do vca with me Prophy? We have enough flips where we might get something. I am utterly convinced there is something off with the wagon on Stuffed Crust. Do you want to know where I am leaning or fly blind?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6119 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:30 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

those reads are so fucking weird it almost makes me wanna call him town
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6120 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:33 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 6117, Prophylaxis wrote:tell me if anything happens to my scum reads.
1. MafiaSSK claimed scum.
2. goodmorning/Ms Marangal are masons.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6121 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:34 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

3. giests are cleared by gunsmith
4. KoreanBBQ is town as hell
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #6122 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:35 am

Post by Titus »

In post 6121, KoreanBBQ wrote:3. giests are cleared by gunsmith
4. KoreanBBQ is
town as hell
scum that tried to softclaim vig.
FTFY!
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #6123 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:36 am

Post by Titus »

In post 6119, zMuffinMan wrote:those reads are so fucking weird it almost makes me wanna call him town
Why are they wierd? Why do wierd reads make you want to call him town?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Prophylaxis
Prophylaxis
Goon
Prophylaxis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6124 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:37 am

Post by Prophylaxis »

In post 6120, KoreanBBQ wrote:
In post 6117, Prophylaxis wrote:tell me if anything happens to my scum reads.
1. MafiaSSK claimed scum.
2. goodmorning/Ms Marangal are masons.
In post 6121, KoreanBBQ wrote:3. giests are cleared by gunsmith
4. KoreanBBQ is town as hell
Oh, really?

I'll change my reads then.
In post 6118, Titus wrote: I need to get into the game more. Care to do vca with me Prophy? We have enough flips where we might get something. I am utterly convinced there is something off with the wagon on Stuffed Crust. Do you want to know where I am leaning or fly blind?
I have colored wagons in my notes, but you're a scumread at the moment, based on Cephir's posts. I'm sure I can do VCA later; after reading through Day 1, probably.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”