Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:41 am

Post by Kagami »

Pie: your analysis on brian is interesting, but it's missing the part where AD does something indicating that he might be a PR prior to brian's assertion that he's town. I'm pretty sure that the scumteam thought he might be a pr on the basis of the Dayvig joke, and most importantly, the request that both wagon targets claim.

If anything, Brian's statement is a knowledge-slip, and such a blatant one that I think it's much more likely that brian's telling the truth about his role than that he's scum.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:52 am

Post by Kagami »

Muffin, why do you think that one of the three main characters is a bad guy? I don't see how revealing this could benefit scum
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:58 am

Post by Rancid Broderick Drake »

In post 1324, Brian Skies wrote:Dat one yellow spongy dude that I hate with a passion.
That be the most racist comment I ever heard... ... ... Yer've got what it takes. Welcome aboard, ye scallywag!
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:23 am

Post by Kagami »

Actually, pie, your wagons summary is making me think {mastin, pasch, bert}
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:25 am

Post by Kagami »

Though that would imply all three neighbors are town... possible, but kind of unlikely, I guess
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:30 am

Post by BROseidon »

That claim is the most null claim that I've ever seen.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:32 am

Post by Kagami »

So you think scum-brian would assert AD is town with so little grounding?
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:34 am

Post by Kagami »

Like, the rest is silly, but 1058 looks as though he's either town-brian with the claimed role or scum-brian planning to claim such a role. It seems to me like the former is more likely.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:46 am

Post by BROseidon »

1058 would have been enough time for scum-Brian to decide that AD wasn't getting mislynched before NK'd. AD's style is hard for scum to play against, and it can completely wreck games if left alive for too long.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:47 am

Post by BROseidon »

Also, I don't think anyone except F-16/mastin scumread AD.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:49 am

Post by Paschendale »

Buddying a townie, especially one who looks particularly townie, is not an uncommon scum tactic. Manufacturing it after the fact makes it even fishier. However, Brian seems fairly town to me anyway, so I'm not swayed either way by the claim.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:49 am

Post by Kagami »

Who did you neighborize, pasch?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:52 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1336, Kagami wrote:Who did you neighborize, pasch?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:53 am

Post by BROseidon »

woot got leet post.

Pasch claims, then if the claim checks out we lynch the fuck out of Bert.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:06 am

Post by Tammy »

Brian - you have that role and it doesn't seem odd to you that two other people are running around claiming they're near confirmed to each other?

Bro/kthnx I don't think your roles confirm each other at all.
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:13 am

Post by Bert »

In post 1308, Tammy wrote:This is not how I would expect town you to react to getting heat.
Yeah, I've changed. My style is naturally scummy, so I adapted. Freaking out is just self-centered and delusional, so that's not going to happen

This screw up was my fault though. I had a pretty shockingly bad night the night I hammered. Be careful with the massclaim though.

I don't really think my reads are useful so you have my permission to lynch me at any time. I'll attempt to get something in if by some chance I'm still alive on Tuesday. <33333

We're ordering a honolulu hawaiian pizza from Domino's...last day of their 50% off online deal. FOOTBALL time! Happy Sunday everyone! Remember to have a MafiaScum Sunday! :D
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:28 am

Post by Tammy »

I can partially understand that as I'm trying to change how I react to suspicion, but I would have expected some kind of appeal though. I've gotten it right with you in the past, and you can react without fraking out
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:47 am

Post by Paschendale »

I targeted Bert, actually. But it didn't go through.

I chose him because I think he's pretty town. I don't think his hammer was scummy, and the only arguments that portray it as such rely on a terrible logical fallacy, that it was a 50/50 chance between myself and Plum and that our respective claims (both of which were true) should have been the only criteria. Hammering someone you think is scum, regardless of a claim, is a town thing to do. Plum was suspicious as hell. Those advocating for killing Bert right now are employing faulty logic to do so, and are also suspicious as hell.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:05 am

Post by Kthxbye »

In post 1315, Brian Skies wrote:I'm Petra Ral, an Informed Human (townie). I have a passive ability called His Solid Rock: ActionDan which tells me his flavor (Lance Corporal Levi) and his alignment (that he's with the human faction)
So you claim that you knew AD was human (scum would know from the start), and his name/flavor which was posted by the MOD after his death. On top of that, you crumbed this all D1 (scum planning at it's finest) and this makes you town? :lol: :lol: Why is this just too convenient for me to believe?

Scum so far:
Bert
Brian
In post 1332, Kagami wrote:Like, the rest is silly, but 1058 looks as though he's either town-brian with the claimed role or scum-brian planning to claim such a role. It seems to me like the former is more likely.
:roll: How does the former seem more likely? lol. Bad.
In post 1342, Paschendale wrote:I targeted Bert, actually. But it didn't go through.

I chose him because I think he's pretty town. I don't think his hammer was scummy, and the only arguments that portray it as such rely on a terrible logical fallacy, that it was a 50/50 chance between myself and Plum and that our respective claims (both of which were true) should have been the only criteria. Hammering someone you think is scum, regardless of a claim, is a town thing to do. Plum was suspicious as hell. Those advocating for killing Bert right now are employing faulty logic to do so, and are also suspicious as hell.
Bert is scum and the logic isn't faulty. Between neighborizer and flavor cop claims, you don't lynch the flavor cop over the neighborizer claim...ever. The end. Only scum would want to get rid of the flavor cop. Neighborizers are more often a scum role than flavor cop (in my experience anyway). Both are conformable so hammering Plum after the 2 claims was done by scum. Kill it.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:19 am

Post by Kagami »

"I targeted Bert, actually. But it didn't go through."

What? Is there some conditional aspect on your end, or was there a block?
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:09 am

Post by Paschendale »

In post 1343, Kthxbye wrote:Bert is scum and the logic isn't faulty. Between neighborizer and flavor cop claims, you don't lynch the flavor cop over the neighborizer claim...ever. The end. Only scum would want to get rid of the flavor cop. Neighborizers are more often a scum role than flavor cop (in my experience anyway). Both are conformable so hammering Plum after the 2 claims was done by scum. Kill it.
That's stupid. You lynch who you think is most likely to be scum. You lynch whichever claim you think is most likely to be a lie. Otherwise, why bother with claims? Then it's just a contest of who claims doc. You don't play by rote, you evaluate the facts.
In post 1344, Kagami wrote:"I targeted Bert, actually. But it didn't go through."

What? Is there some conditional aspect on your end, or was there a block?
I'm guessing block, though I wasn't informed of anything. I also wasn't going to ask about it, since that would just give more PR information to scum. Which is, I presume, what you want to happen.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:27 am

Post by Kagami »

VOTE: bert

Miller is actually a pretty good fake-claim for a mafia ascetic.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:29 am

Post by Kagami »

No one would block a neighborizer, and no one would rolestop bert.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:39 am

Post by Kagami »

Well, I guess rolestopping bert is plausible if the rolestopping blocked nightkills, but that's a very uncommon role. Ascetic seems near certain to me, especially coupled with his general scumminess this game.

Only disappointing part of this theory is that it makes pasch town.
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:41 am

Post by Kazekirimaru »

In post 1315, Brian Skies wrote:I'm
Petra Ral
, an
Informed Human
(townie). I have a passive ability called
His Solid Rock: ActionDan
which tells me his flavor (Lance Corporal Levi) and his alignment (that he's with the human faction). It's also the reason why I had such a strong townread on him yesterday (because he was already confirmed to me). I was told that he was not aware of my alignment (so although the reciprocated townread felt good, I'm pretty sure that was just his read on me).
I'm willing to believe this. Where it's generally my first instinct to call shenanigans on a claim that has something to do with one already dead, this makes perfect sense flavour-wise(and before anyone starts yelling at me, pitoli said flavour isn't alignment indicative, but it is role-indicative). Petra and Levi had a thing in the series, and Levi picked her for the Survey Corps personally. I'm not saying this is all-game-pass worthy, as this could be just a really, really good fakeclaim, but considering it makes sense and is paired with a decent amount of crumbing throughout Day 1, I'm willing to leave this slot alone.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”