pitoli
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:59 pm

Post by pitoli »

It’s the next morning.

As
ActionDan
swings closer to get a better view of the Titan nest he’s about to jump into, he reminds himself that he had
volunteered
for this.

He counts 11 Titans. He scowls. This stupid plan to trap some more Titans in the middle of their day’s progress is a royal distraction to the main mission of the expedition. There’s no way he would have normally entertained it. But the special research squad had insisted on this plan, and though he doesn’t want to give into sentimentality he misses his friend
Plum
and wants to honor her memory...

Taking a breath, he swoops in, grabbing the monsters' attention with some flashy maneuvers. They stop milling about and begin the pursuit. Now he just has to rout them to the edge of the forest like they had practiced. The plan. All according to plan.

ActionDan
shoots towards the rendezvous point, spotting the first white marker wrapped around a tree. Three 13-meter classes are nipping at his heels. This chase has gotten a little too close for comfort. He just needs to sprint over the last marker -

”Now!!! DO IT NOW!”
he bellows. There’s shouts and a burst of explosive light as the first of the harpoons shoot out towards the monsters, chaining them to where they stand.

But something’s wrong; he catches it only as it comes into view.

The very last explosive rig is aimed
straight at him

He instinctively blocks his face with his elbow, but there are still stars in his eyes from the acute surge of light. He’s knocked off balance and he hears his swords spin out of his hands, lost somewhere in the thick foliage.

A harpoon pierces
ActionDan
right below his heart.

There’s a moment where he’s suspended in mid-air, seemingly in slow motion, seeing the metal protruding from his chest. There’s a disconnect between him knowing what just happened, and how it’s supposed to feel. He can’t feel anything. He can’t move anything.

He blacks out as his body hurtles towards the forest floor.

ActionDan
was
Levi,
Human Jack-of-all-Trades
, killed Night 1.

DAY 2 BEGINS!!
Last edited by pitoli on Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
pitoli
pitoli
Mafia Scum
pitoli
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:35 pm

Post by pitoli »

VOTECOUNT 2.0

Not Voting (11)
: mastin2, Brian Skies, Paschendale, kthxbye, BROseidon, pieguyn, Bert, Rancid Broderick Drake, Kagami, Kazekirimaru, Tammy

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Day 2 ends in (expired on 2014-02-01 00:00:00)

Mod Comments: Rancid Broderick Drake replaces zMuffinMan (hydra of Natirasha + zMuffinMan)
Last edited by pitoli on Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:38 pm

Post by pieguyn »

vote: Kaze
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:39 pm

Post by Tammy »

VOTE: bert
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:40 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

SUP MOTHERFUCKERS

ARE WE READY TO LISTEN TO ME NOW?

VOTE: Bert

This today. Pasch tomorrow. I'm not moving. Don't try to make me.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:43 pm

Post by Tammy »

Pie - when you were telling me not to worry about Bro/Kthnx were you insinuating that you also had role information that verified them or are you conjecturing based on thinking that you've seen something in thread that makes you think there's nothing to worry about?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:48 pm

Post by pieguyn »

it was a conjecture based off smth in thread

however it makes a lot of sense due to mechanics. I can elaborate if BRO/kthx are ok with me possibly outing smth they might not want revealed, but they might as well just reveal it themselves in that case
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:51 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

Why weren't one of the claimed pseudo-Masons killed? ._.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:57 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1256, pieguyn wrote:it was a conjecture based off smth in thread

however it makes a lot of sense due to mechanics. I can elaborate if BRO/kthx are ok with me possibly outing smth they might not want revealed, but they might as well just reveal it themselves in that case
I think it has more potential to do harm than good. Kthx can chime in here as well.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:58 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1257, Kazekirimaru wrote:Why weren't one of the claimed pseudo-Masons killed? ._.
Answer to this probably depends on whether the scum team is technically strong or weak, but I'd rather not speculate on it because ~reasons~
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:00 pm

Post by pieguyn »

kk

VCA incoming soon but these wagons were boring T_T I dunno how much I'll get from it
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:06 pm

Post by Tammy »

Okay so here's the thing. I'm partially working on setup spec here, but I have seen the type of role that I think they're saying they have before. In Vi's Mafia.Raptured, I was a Vanilla Townie (but he said after the game that I actually wasn't technically VT) but in my role pm it mentioned that I had followed my friend to try to keep her safe and that I'd do the best I could, or something like that. Once Zdenek claimed the person mentioned in my role pm, I knew he was town because of the way my role pm was worded. (And partially because I just thought it would be weird to write the role pm that way.) Once I died, Zdenek was basically confirmed town because of my claim.

What I'm seeing is potentially the same thing here. Except. Pitoli made it clear that alignments are completely randomized. And the wording of my role pm here looks similar. If it weren't for the fact that I'm also a neighbor with one of the people mentioned in my flavor, who it suggests I have very positive feelings for, I'd probably take that as a sign that he's town. But, I'm a neighbor with him and muffin and it makes it clear that I don't know their alignment.

So, I'm having a really hard time just swallowing that especially based on the other claims that are around and you guys should actually just be more forthcoming about what you are. I don't see the harm in it at all and it has potential upsides with trying to work out the setup.
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:32 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

My Role PM doesn't mention anything about feelings. I just wanna kill the fuck out of titans and see the world
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:38 pm

Post by Tammy »

Well it doesn't say "feelings"; I'm just trying to get my point across. Also, there's nothing about Titans mentioned.
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:40 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

Okay, It doesn't specify any sort of affection or loathing or anything for any of the other characters, to be more clear.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:43 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Mechanically it'd be weird if kthx and I were cross-aligned because ~reasons~

I'm invoking some mod-meta here with one of the mods/reviewers in particular.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:46 pm

Post by Kagami »

With pie confirming the bro/kthx story, it would imply that all three of them would have to be scum if either of bro/kthx are scum. If Tammy's PM specifically states that she doesn't know her neighbors' alignments, and presumably Bro/kthxs' PMs do not (or they wouldn't be 95%+ sure), then I think they can reliably be said to know each others' alignment. I'm a little curious what more they want to hide, but if it's
really
best that we don't know, so be it.

We need to know who pasch neighborized. If it's AD, we lynch Pasch.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:53 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1266, Kagami wrote:With pie confirming the bro/kthx story, it would imply that all three of them would have to be scum if either of bro/kthx are scum. If Tammy's PM specifically states that she doesn't know her neighbors' alignments, and presumably Bro/kthxs' PMs do not (or they wouldn't be 95%+ sure), then I think they can reliably be said to know each others' alignment. I'm a little curious what more they want to hide, but if it's
really
best that we don't know, so be it.

We need to know who pasch neighborized. If it's AD, we lynch Pasch.
No but what I'm saying about the pm is if it weren't for the fact that we are neighbors, I could think that Eren (Kaze) is town based on what it says in my flavor.

In the part which says, you are neighbors with Muffin and Kaze (though it says their flavor names) it says you don't know their alignment.

So, the thing is if their flavor just mentions positive stuff then it's not alignment indicative and they are just guessing. My problem is the potential that one of them can be using that to their advantage. I kinda don't think they're both scum doing it and pieguyn just admitted that he can't confirm it and was just conjecturing based on the thread.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:08 pm

Post by Tammy »

BERT BERT BERT BERT BERT BERT BERT BERT BERT BERT BERT

I'm pretty sure I just saw you on site. Come here and tell me why you hammered Plum after she claimed flavor cop.
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:30 pm

Post by Rancid Broderick Drake »

Don't go for the small game, lass.

Go straight for the big game!

VOTE: Mastin2

Also we be massclaimin' todaaargh!
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:59 pm

Post by Kagami »

Miller with only JoAT investigator (probably)... still digesting this one.

Neighborizer, 8ish one-shot commuters, flavor cop, JoAT, two best friends, and some other mystery non-VT role?

All of it seems too much unless the scum have multiple strongman shots or something like that.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:46 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I'm assuming BRO and kthx are town even though they haven't flipped

F-16_Fighting_Falcon (5):
Mykonian
ActionDan
, Kazekirimaru, Brian Skies,
BROseidon

Paschendale (2):
Plum
, Tammy
BROseidon
(5):
Pieguyn
, Bert, Paschendale, Kagami, F-16

Not Voting (1): zMuffinMan

we can't really tell anything from this one. both wagons look moderately, but not too, scum driven. it makes the most sense in the context of two town wagons and having the scum split up on each one. Kaze and Brian aren't looking very good in the context of the F-16 wagon under the assumption of at least 1 scum on the wagon which seems p reasonable

that said, if I'm wrong about Kaze/Brian scum, then the F-16 wagon is town driven. this would also implicate zmuffin considering the BRO wagon started after the F-16 wagon and if Kaze is scum then he's the only one left in the neighborhood assuming scum in the neighborhood (tammy is really fkin town). so either Kaze is scum or we're dealing with possible zmuffin/mastin team (oh god). from what I could tell zmuffin was fine with both wagons as indicated by him saying he'd quickhammer F-16 and I could totally see him bussing a teammate like that. on the other hand, especially given mastin's townread on zmuffin, it seems more likely they'd be cross defending each other as opposed to zmuffin hard bussing F-16, but that's speculation and Kaze scum is more likely IMO. it would also implicate the unknowns on the BRO wagon bc counterwagon {Bert, Paschendale, Kagami}

Kazekirimaru (1): Bert
Bert (1):
kthxbye

kthxbye
(1): mastin2
Kagami (1): Paschendale
mastin2 (2):
ActionDan
, zMuffinMan
Paschendale (5):
Plum
, Kazekirimaru,
Pieguyn
, Tammy, Kagami

Not Voting (2): Brian Skies,
BROseidon

-------------

Plum
(5): mastin2, Brian Skies, Paschendale,
kthxbye
BROseidon

mastin2 (1): zMuffinMan
Paschendale (5):
Plum
Pieguyn
, Kagami, Kazekirimaru,
ActionDan

Not Voting (2): Bert, Tammy

again both of these wagons aren't really town driven, but not really scum driven either. I'm liking Brian for scum on the plum wagon and Kaze on the Pasch wagon (I still like Kagami for town so this looks really bad for Kaze). could also be indicative of scumteam-with-Brian splitting up on the two wagons given the original wagon was on his scumread (Pasch) and it doesn't make any sense to start a counterwagon in that case. however, the other scenario is that Pasch is scum with him so this doesn't tell us anything

and again Kaze isnt looking good at all on the assumption of at least 1 scum on the Pasch wagon

:!:
Plum
(7): mastin2, Brian Skies, Paschendale,
kthxbye
BROseidon
pieguyn
, Bert
mastin2 (1): zMuffinMan
Paschendale (4):
Plum
, Kagami, Kazekirimaru,
ActionDan

not much we can really tell from this one either

on top of that Kaze has been on a major wagon every single time and the others on the wagons he's on are mostly town. so Kaze seems like a good bet. Kagami has also been on a wagon every time but I'm still liking her for town.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:54 pm

Post by pieguyn »

as for reads

town
BROseidon
Kagami <- the way she went about the flavor discussion early D1 was town as fuck. still think she's town. I'm having a shitton of trouble seeing her scum after she tried to figure out a way to outright break the game
Pieguyn
Tammy
kthxbye

null-town
mastin2 <- his posting near the end of D1 was better and reinforces my townread on F-16 slot. however, I'm not writing him off yet. I'll go back and look at him later if smth doesn't add up
Rancid Broderick Drake

null
Paschendale <- as scummy as his actions have been so far, his posting seems genuine and I get the feeling he's the mislynch of the century. in other words, head says scum heart says town

scum
Brian Skies
Kazekirimaru
Bert <- he's here p much entirely by POE. and that hammer was fking awful

so my guess for scumteam is {Brian, Kaze, Bert}. if Kaze somehow flips town then we need to take a serious look at mastin and zmuffin and it'd probably be smth like {zmuffin, Brian/mastin, Bert}

also that NK seems weird as hell. Dan probably crumbed a PR somewhere and scum found it. and who saw it?
In post 1058, Brian Skies wrote:Dan Town. Mostly a gut-read and because a little birdie told me so.
dingdingding

@mastin
what do you think of Kagami's early D1 posting? also can you elaborate on your Dan read?

@zmuffin:
what do you make of Kaze being on mastin-slot's wagon? also what do you think of his last few D1 posts?
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:57 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

I'm going to have to accept the pieguy will never accurately read me ever.

It doesn't help that pie's reads are in a metaphorical Schrödinger's box and everyone seems to be town and scum at the same time depending on his nearly-arbitrary whims.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:02 pm

Post by pieguyn »

predictable scum is predictable. I knew you'd walk in here and try to discredit me like that. at least if you were town I'd expect some agreement on the Brian read considering you were poking at him near the end of yesterday

although Idid laugh at the schrodinger's box comment

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”