NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5925 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:38 am

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

In post 5923, geists wrote:Timing and context. And the fact that I know he follows games he's not playing, especially if there are players of interest due to his reads in games he is playing.
This feels like projection - especially since I called him out on doing it and he didn't bring this up himself as an answer, because it would have been a very reasonable answer if that's what he had been doing, instead he didn't even respond to my issue.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5926 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:47 am

Post by geists »

In post 5925, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 5923, geists wrote:Timing and context. And the fact that I know he follows games he's not playing, especially if there are players of interest due to his reads in games he is playing.
This feels like projection - especially since I called him out on doing it and he didn't bring this up himself as an answer, because it would have been a very reasonable answer if that's what he had been doing, instead he didn't even respond to my issue.
Talk to Nacho.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5927 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:01 am

You dill heads and your derp metas.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5928 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:04 am

Post by geists »

not all players are as good at manipulating their meta as you, Thor. Else there would be no meta-based players.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5929 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:26 am

I don't deny the process exists. I just am frustrated by my inability to process it like so many seem to do, and also find their inability to properly explain a supposed process to be annoying (though, frankly, that's probably why the way I use and deal with meta isn't the same as anyone else's)
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5930 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:31 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Thor's even more townier than before.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5931 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:40 am

Post by geists »

In post 5929, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I don't deny the process exists. I just am frustrated by my inability to process it like so many seem to do, and also find their inability to properly explain a supposed process to be annoying (though, frankly, that's probably why the way I use and deal with meta isn't the same as anyone else's)
I'm willing to try sometime, but I go through phases in terms of comprehensibility vs expansion. I'm in a pretty rocky expansion phase atm.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5932 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:07 am

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

I was following through the Red Wine game where a lot of players here were also playing, most notably Cephrir and Espeonage.

Cephrir
:
I realize what I said about Cephrir's "rhetorical expressions of surprise" didn't actually make any sense earlier but I saw parallels to that in Red Wine. I haven't yet read through his town games and I probably won't since he's replaced out anyways. I'd rather focus on Titus. But I have a scumread on that slot partly based on me reading Cephrir correctly in Red Wine. I could be wrong because of the "Bulbazak-type" mentality (his posts remind me of Bulbazak very strongly although I am not entirely sure why. Here's what I thought of Red Wine. Geists, you both were in it. Thoughts?

Red Wine – The most notable traits are the twinges of certainty exhibited routinely at various points in the game in the first 5 posts of Cephrir’s ISO. Cephrir as scum is unafraid of going after high hanging fruit often criticizing fferyllt and Albert B. Rampage for their play very harshly. This is surprising and means that his FOS on Tammy in this game should be taken to be null at best rather than as a towntell which I initially considered it to be. There are several expressions of surprise in Red Wine which felt very unnatural on hindsight. Some examples include “You just went from voting ABR to voting with his really shitty case. His post detailing said case does not seem much different to me from his earlier post that got you to vote him. So all I have to say to this is, "what?"” and “Huh? Guy just said he read the dang game, and it's a pretty surface level thing they're talking about. Are you implying scum are more intellectually honest (interesting but requires explanation)?” in post 377. His 379 asks why things are happening although he could have just figured it out himself by reading the thread. Overall, I felt that Cephrir's expressions of surprise here were contrived and unnatural and I thought the same thing about Red Wine.

Llamarble/Norlkaz
:
I feel that his posts here and in Red Wine are worlds apart. His posts in Red Wine as I mentioned in the dead/spectator QT made a lot of sense. I felt that he was the voice of reason and the most likely to be killed N1. His reads were largely positional and the reasoning given for the reads is fairly short to non-existent. However, as I followed it in real time, I could understand what he picked up on at a gut level and realize why he was having the reads he did. His suspicion of Empire is one such example. Overall, his play here seems nothing like his play in Red Wine which is a cause for concern. I am still reading Mafia in YOLOville to get a better picture of his towngame and will probably follow up by reading through ASOIAF for his scumgame. At this time, I think it is likely Norlkaz is scum.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5933 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:08 am

That should read Llamarble, not Espeonage.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5934 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:10 am

Oh, and me reading Cephrir in Red Wine was in the spectator QT although I had a few misgivings.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5935 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:01 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 5701, zMuffinMan wrote:if we were lynching someone other than SSK today, why sad over casso? what happened to you being sure casso was scum a few pages back?
I'd be fine with both of them. I'm more sure of SAD than casso so I prefer to go there first.
In post 5813, KoreanBBQ wrote:Good job on waving away my vote on you. *thumbs up*
notice how he's been doing this the whole game and has ignored me several times

anyway nothing's really happened. I'm confident of SAD. Casso and Norl are probably scum and if it's not Casso then there's a tinfoil hat theory I'm working on that seems to be holding up p well, but it'd be a waste of time to discuss it today.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5936 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:05 pm

Post by pieguyn »

@F-16:
thoughts on the idea that norlkaz was testing the waters to try to derail the SSK wagon? the fact that he left himself an obvious back door about defending scum reinforces that IMO

@Sakura:
why am I scum and why is SAD town?

@geists:
what exactly made your eyebrows fly up re: Bert? I didn't see it although I'm really worn out so I probably missed smth
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5937 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:10 pm

Post by geists »

In post 5936, pieguyn wrote:@geists: what exactly made your eyebrows fly up re: Bert? I didn't see it although I'm really worn out so I probably missed smth
I don't want to talk about it. I don't want to think about it.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5938 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:17 pm

In post 5936, pieguyn wrote:@F-16: thoughts on the idea that norlkaz was testing the waters to try to derail the SSK wagon? the fact that he left himself an obvious back door about defending scum reinforces that IMO
I think it is possible. You say he and Casso are likely scum. Do you think he would bus a stronger player (Casso) while defending a weaker player? I generally find strong scum tend to defend each other while bussing weaker scum.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5939 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:31 pm

Post by pieguyn »

wait, norl was attacking casso? I must have missed that 0.0
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5940 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:32 pm

It was in post .
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5941 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:34 pm

That was actually a very good post which concisely explained why Casso was scum. :?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5942 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:40 pm

Post by pieguyn »

that's a good point

I was thinking about smth like this earlier. if scum have daychat then a bus on SSK if any was probably planned. so in this case if both were scum norl would have probably gone for SSK over casso. if not then it indicates that norl was trying to conceal the bus on SSK and/or distance from Casso which in turn indicates a lot of scum were bussing SSK already

I agree it's unlikely they're both scum. who do you think is more likely among {Norl, Casso}?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5943 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:49 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

You're scum until you prove otherwise to me, because I don't see the pieguy that scumhunts and finds scum that I know. SAD's town because i feel his posts are actual intent on finding scum and moving the town to get the best out of their lynches.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5944 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:53 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 5942, pieguyn wrote:if scum have daychat then a bus on SSK if any was probably planned.
unless you think that CaMa was trolling then scum
do
have daytalk though I think that (assuming that SSK is scum) then his plan to troll and get lynched today was made last night.

Why did you use the word IF here?
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5945 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:53 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 5942, pieguyn wrote:if scum have daychat then a bus on SSK if any was probably planned.
unless you think that CaMa was trolling then scum
do
have daytalk though I think that (assuming that SSK is scum) then his plan to troll and get lynched today was made last night.

Why did you use the word IF here?
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5946 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:09 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 5912, Casso the King of Seals wrote: The hangup for me was that he asked the Masons, functionally, if there was a third mason and who was it. I can think of reasons that is helpful to scum, but I can't think of any that are helpful to town. Do you think that's me being crazy40%, him just being silly60%,
or him mining for scumvantage info?
Do you think he'd fish that blatantly? I could think of a reason or two why he might ask that but I'll have to look up his response.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5947 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:37 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 5944, KoreanBBQ wrote:unless you think that CaMa was trolling then scum do have daytalk though I think that (assuming that SSK is scum) then his plan to troll and get lynched today was made last night.
I disagree. I think he started trolling/etc today then his scumpartners told him he might have a chance because he wasn't 100% the lynch so then he toned it down and tried to act townish.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5948 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:51 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

casso wrote:What do you think about Muffin? I hate reading Muffin
considering nacho's opinion on me, i woulda thought you guys had been discussing me a fair bit. how do you not have your own opinion on any of the stuff he thinks or even just your own opinion on me here?
sakura wrote:Thor's even more townier than before
i want whatever you're smoking
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5949 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:21 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 5947, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 5944, KoreanBBQ wrote:unless you think that CaMa was trolling then scum do have daytalk though I think that (assuming that SSK is scum) then his plan to troll and get lynched today was made last night.
I disagree. I think he started trolling/etc today then his scumpartners told him he might have a chance because he wasn't 100% the lynch so then he toned it down and tried to act townish.
Someone asked you why you think Bert is scum, kindly remind us pls.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”