NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5900 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:33 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

If you don't believe me my buddies from the QT can confirm that he's town.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5901 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:34 am

Post by Empire »

Day 3, Votecount 11
MafiaSSK (3)
-
Sakura Hana, BROseidon, Norlkaz

Ser Arthur Dayne (2)
-
pieguyn, KoreanBBQ

Bert (2)
-
Ser Arthur Dayne, Generic

zMuffinMan (1)
-
Ms Marangal

Not Voting (7)
-
F-16_Fighting_Falcon, MafiaSSK, zMuffinMan, geists, Titus, Bert, Casso the King of Seals

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch! Deadline is on January 26th at 4:30 PM EST or in (expired on 2014-01-26 17:28:18)

Mod Notes
-
MafiaSSK is V/LA until Saturday. Generic is V/LA until Sunday.
Last edited by Empire on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5902 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:37 am

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

In post 5900, KoreanBBQ wrote:If you don't believe me my buddies from the QT can confirm that he's town.
I don't think I'm asking a question unreasonable enough to deserve this as the answer.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5903 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:39 am

I mean, at least be honest if you can't put it into words and tell me that. Don't give me snark and pretend that helps anything. Or at least say you think I'm blatant scum and you don't need to answer anything, don't give me half an answer and dance away.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5904 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:39 am

Post by geists »

Do you think otherwise?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5905 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:40 am

I do, which is why I'd like to hear the logic for a town read so I can compare/contrast.

Why, what's your take on him?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #5906 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:45 am

Post by Titus »

Mod.. I replaced Cephir...are you telling me I was self-voting?

UNVOTE: Anyone who Cephir was voting[/vote]
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #5907 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:46 am

Post by Titus »

UNVOTE: Cephir's selfvote
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5908 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:52 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

I vaguely remember playing in a game with F-16, this is the F-16 town meta I remember.

I think he makes good points about SAD and I think he's being helpful and I feel like he's genuinely hunting scum.
In post 5868, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:The pool of players were too large. I wanted to focus on mutually agreed upon scumreads first and see if I can get a better read on Nacho in the meantime.
I think this post is strange. I remember him making a MD post about one shouldn't hunt anyone that isn't currently being discussed. This looks very similar to that.

So I think he's town.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5909 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:58 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

I kind of want SSK lynched ASAP but it's true that geists it's most likely going to die tonight, so we want as much input from them before day end.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5910 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:01 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

@Everyone, who are the 3 most likely scum in this group?

Casso the King of Seals
pieguyn
BROseidon
Norlkaz
Ser Arthur Dayne
zMuffinMan
Titus
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5911 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:14 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 5910, KoreanBBQ wrote:@Everyone, who are the 3 most likely scum in this group?
Casso the King of Seals

pieguyn

BROseidon
Norlkaz
Ser Arthur Dayne

zMuffinMan

Titus

There, I gave you 3 levels of strength in reads.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5912 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:18 am

In post 5908, KoreanBBQ wrote:
In post 5868, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:The pool of players were too large. I wanted to focus on mutually agreed upon scumreads first and see if I can get a better read on Nacho in the meantime.
I think this post is strange. I remember him making a MD post about one shouldn't hunt anyone that isn't currently being discussed. This looks very similar to that.

So I think he's town.
I can kind of get behind this mentality.

The hangup for me was that he asked the Masons, functionally, if there was a third mason and who was it. I can think of reasons that is helpful to scum, but I can't think of any that are helpful to town. Do you think that's me being crazy, him just being silly, or him mining for scumvantage info?
In post 5909, Sakura Hana wrote:I kind of want SSK lynched ASAP but it's true that geists it's most likely going to die tonight, so we want as much input from them before day end.
Posh, everyone will pay attention to his reads for about the first 3 pages of the next dayphase, then we'll all just return to our regular thoughts and forget about him. :wink:

What do you think about Muffin? I hate reading Muffin, what's your read on him if any?
An opinion about the Falcon Mason question I noted to BBQ in the above quote also wouldn't be sad to see.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5913 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:19 am

Post by geists »

In post 5905, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I do, which is why I'd like to hear the logic for a town read so I can compare/contrast.

I told him what concerned me about his play earlier. His response - which boiled down to large games being too unwieldy to play the way he plays games with smaller player lists - does make sense to me. I developed my playstyle in a very different environment - playing mostly larger games with 16-25 players in a very short game-day timeframe - 12 to 24 hours. I relied entirely on experiential meta (and a really good memory for prior game details) and gut reactions to posts. Actually going back to a prior game and confirming my memory was infrequent. I usually fall back on that playstyle during the early days of large MS games, with some meta research on the side to prop up my impressions of players I don't know well.

I also remembered how little he was able to contribute to the game progression in the hunterxhunterx game. He's done a ton more here.

His read of you/thor really hinges on Thor and to some extent Thor putting that vote down on him when you had expressed a pretty solid townread. It's less objective than what I associate with his play, but I think something like that would have focused the hell out of my attention, too. I'd deal with it a little differently.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5914 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:19 am

Post by geists »

In post 5905, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I do, which is why I'd like to hear the logic for a town read so I can compare/contrast.

I told him what concerned me about his play earlier. His response - which boiled down to large games being too unwieldy to play the way he plays games with smaller player lists - does make sense to me. I developed my playstyle in a very different environment - playing mostly larger games with 16-25 players in a very short game-day timeframe - 12 to 24 hours. I relied entirely on experiential meta (and a really good memory for prior game details) and gut reactions to posts. Actually going back to a prior game and confirming my memory was infrequent. I usually fall back on that playstyle during the early days of large MS games, with some meta research on the side to prop up my impressions of players I don't know well.

I also remembered how little he was able to contribute to the game progression in the hunterxhunterx game. He's done a ton more here.

His read of you/thor really hinges on Thor and to some extent Thor putting that vote down on him when you had expressed a pretty solid townread. It's less objective than what I associate with his play, but I think something like that would have focused the hell out of my attention, too. I'd deal with it a little differently.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5915 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:19 am

Post by geists »

Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5916 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:20 am

In post 5911, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 5910, KoreanBBQ wrote:@Everyone, who are the 3 most likely scum in this group?
Casso the King of Seals

pieguyn

BROseidon
Norlkaz
Ser Arthur Dayne

zMuffinMan

Titus

I think Mafia's flip will also clarify the BRO slot pretty well.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5917 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:20 am

Post by geists »

wow. triple post.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5918 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:21 am

Post by geists »

In post 5916, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 5911, Sakura Hana wrote:
Casso the King of Seals

pieguyn

BROseidon
Norlkaz
Ser Arthur Dayne

zMuffinMan

Titus

I think Mafia's flip will also clarify the BRO slot pretty well.
How do you feel about Norlkaz?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5919 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:24 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 5918, geists wrote:How do you feel about Norlkaz?
Very slight lean scum, because i feel kinda meh about him. And by that I mean that I want to remember any significant he's done this game and i come up blank.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5920 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:24 am

In post 5914, geists wrote:His read of you/thor really hinges on Thor and to some extent Thor putting that vote down on him when you had expressed a pretty solid townread. It's less objective than what I associate with his play, but I think something like that would have focused the hell out of my attention, too. I'd deal with it a little differently.
Well, first off you are talking with Thor right now - Nacho had a few posts in there last night but the last two days of posting have been almost exclusively me.

Also, he is clearly OMGUSing there, and further than that ignoring my stated reasons for the vote while just whining that we placed it without actually sweating the logic or the reasoning. That he has issues with bigger games curls my toes a bit that he doesn't spot my issues at that stage.

That said, your opinion on the Mason issue I raised with him? I can forgive his bad case on us, I get bad cases made on me all the time and most are quite worse than what he is doing here which is really just complaining that I'm anti-town while acting like it's a scumtell, but his Mason question really bugs me, and if that were cleared up my issue with the slot would dramatically shift. I just can't figure out why he would want that answered.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5921 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:30 am

Post by geists »

In post 5920, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 5914, geists wrote:His read of you/thor really hinges on Thor and to some extent Thor putting that vote down on him when you had expressed a pretty solid townread. It's less objective than what I associate with his play, but I think something like that would have focused the hell out of my attention, too. I'd deal with it a little differently.
Well, first off you are talking with Thor right now - Nacho had a few posts in there last night but the last two days of posting have been almost exclusively me.

Also, he is clearly OMGUSing there, and further than that ignoring my stated reasons for the vote while just whining that we placed it without actually sweating the logic or the reasoning. That he has issues with bigger games curls my toes a bit that he doesn't spot my issues at that stage.

That said, your opinion on the Mason issue I raised with him? I can forgive his bad case on us, I get bad cases made on me all the time and most are quite worse than what he is doing here which is really just complaining that I'm anti-town while acting like it's a scumtell, but his Mason question really bugs me, and if that were cleared up my issue with the slot would dramatically shift. I just can't figure out why he would want that answered.
So you and Nacho haven't talked about what that's about?

Mafia Pinnipedum, the just-completed Mini game modded by Vi/Tierce.

Town Mason penguin_alien was neighborized by scum_Cabd. Her mason partner was vig-killed on night 1. She was so convinced cabd was town in their QT discussions that she wound up crumbing (and later let Cabd claim outright) that he was a third mason, not a neighbor. Then she was night killed.

Being essentially conftown let him lead town to two more mislynches and a scum win.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5922 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:36 am

In post 5921, geists wrote:So you and Nacho haven't talked about what that's about?
Here is the grand total of everything Nacho has said in our QT since Falcon asked that question;

"Also, let's have a little Ent Moot of our own. I plan to do some rereading myself! "

So...no, we haven't discussed it.
And dear gawd that sounds like terrible play from a number of people.

Looking at the playerlist I don't see Falcon there. What makes you so sure that game is why he asked that question?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5923 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:09 am

Post by geists »

In post 5922, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 5921, geists wrote:So you and Nacho haven't talked about what that's about?
Here is the grand total of everything Nacho has said in our QT since Falcon asked that question;

"Also, let's have a little Ent Moot of our own. I plan to do some rereading myself! "

So...no, we haven't discussed it.
And dear gawd that sounds like terrible play from a number of people.

Looking at the playerlist I don't see Falcon there. What makes you so sure that game is why he asked that question?
Timing and context. And the fact that I know he follows games he's not playing, especially if there are players of interest due to his reads in games he is playing.

He watched Newbie 1436 because I was playing that one during the Harry Potter mini game we were playing.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #5924 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:09 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 5897, Casso the King of Seals wrote:@Godmorning - can you walk me through how what Titus is doing looks scummy? Because I don't see it at all, so maybe others are also missing it and a step by step explanation could help us all understand.
I'll come back to this when I have time.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”