NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #5850 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:51 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

Us-GM- mason
SSK-Doc

there were a few more, but that's all you need to know
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #5851 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:57 pm

Post by Titus »

I'd like to know all, so I can verify consistent play or not (unless the player is dead).
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #5852 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:58 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

those are the only livings one, IIRC
Show

We the purple Mafia II!

geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5853 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:59 pm

Post by geists »

Domo was a gunsmith, so we think the Doc claim is bogus, and SSK spent most of this game day trolling.

Domo gunsmithed me on night 1 and got back "no gun". So we're town or we're mafia doc.

Town had a vig, lynched on day 1.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5854 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:02 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

In post 3133, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 3125, MC Maraca wrote:Pedit: why don't you all lynch F-16
Unvote: Stuffed Crust
Vote: F-16

Done.
I don't even have a case on him. I don't care.
Voting an (apparent) townread with no explanation.
In post 3149, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 3144, Bert wrote:Vote: F16-Fighting-Falcon
Bert can be town now.

Come one come all, you need to hurry to be on the "town slots" of this speed wagon before you're stuck in the "scum trolley"
Oyez, oyez, oyez!
Continuing to push it for nonsense reasons.
In post 3283, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 3278, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Thor, what are your reads on everyone in the game?
Varied.
:neutral:

Eh, dunno, let's do this;

Thor's reads (not Nacho's...but feel free to treat them as Casso's because Nacho is being a sack)

1. Tammy - I read this as scum but apparently I read badly, basically I refuse to lynch this unless Nacho says 'go for it' though am bewildered by the meta.
2. geists (fferyllt + Natirasha) - Scum-ish.
4. MC Maraca (Cabd + Ms Marangal) - Null, I don't support a lynch ere though, call it town lean if you want.
5. F-16_Fighting_Falcon Townish.
6. Generic Townish to town, I'll go town at this stage.
7. Bert
roflcopter
Townish.
8. MafiaSSK
roflwaffles
I don't think I've even read a post from him yet - Null.
9. Stuffed Crust (Mac + Varsoon) - Town.
10. pieguyn
SonOfZeus
- Scumish
11. BROseidon - I lean town here, it's weak and is more of a 'lack of objectionable' than a 'presence of awesome'
12. Norlkaz
Brian Skies
- Townish, but against lynch due to Nacho.
13. KoreanBBQ (GuyInFreezer + Nero Cain) - I call him scum, and Nach seems to basically call him "town with waiting" or some gak - call it null as a whole, I'd lynch it.
14. goodmorning - I was actually sold on town here after seeing a bit of meta.
15. Sakura Hana - Scummish.
16. Ser Arthur Dayne
pitoli
- Eh, Null, I'll toss him some town points for declaring hatred of the game though.
17. zMuffinMan
talah
- Nach and I are debating here, but we'll say it's town still because Nacho's reasoning is kinda silly to me.
18. DOMO - I hate reading Domo, eh, call it nullish town.
19. Cephrir - I think he looks scummy as hell, but Nach has called it a no touch zone. I'd probably tow the company line, but if you want reasoning I'd have to mash together some Nacho blather for it.
20. Desperado - Scummy

I look forward to this going anywhere or doing anything for the game.
I'll hold my breath.
Nothing useful or insightful here.
In post 1796, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1794, geists wrote:pieguyn is actually worrying me some.
Unvote: Korean BBQ
Vote: pieguy
In post 1798, Casso the King of Seals wrote:You didn't ask, but my case is 'eh, why not?'
Bad reason to jump on a wagon.
In post 1799, Casso the King of Seals wrote:What's the roflcoptor case? Is it exciting and does that wagon have any legs?
Shows that you did not read the thread.

None of these posts make you scum. But they are all blatantly anti-town as they obscure your affiliation making you harder to read. They don't help the town in any way making them useless and unworthy of serious consideration or comment. That was my reply to ffery asking me what I thought of your posts. They are null to me. I don't get why you are surprised at "hostility" when you've been playing like this.
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #5855 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:05 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

He didn't read the thread, the only reason Thor had voted you was because he wanted a vote, a lynch and I had given him an outlet. Thor didn't really have a read on you, Nacho did and his push on you is more my fault than his
Show

We the purple Mafia II!

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5856 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:08 pm

I don't really care and it is a good thing he is in a hydra. I am counting on Nacho's posts to give me a solid read on them at some point.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5857 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:17 pm

In post 5833, geists wrote:
In post 5832, fferyllt wrote:Also, I'd kinda like your thoughts about Thor, F-16.
blah
What are your thoughts about Thor? Did you feel you noticed anything alignment relevant?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5858 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:20 pm

Post by geists »

In post 5857, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 5833, geists wrote:
In post 5832, fferyllt wrote:Also, I'd kinda like your thoughts about Thor, F-16.
blah
What are your thoughts about Thor? Did you feel you noticed anything alignment relevant?
I thought that coming in and making posts that were pretty disconnected from the current game state was more likely to come from town than from scum. Other than that, I didn't see anything really alignment relevant.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5859 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:23 pm

I don't agree that disconnected Thor posts are necessarily town. Thor tries to do as scum what he would do as town and is generally very good at it. I think that if he fell behind, he would act the same way regardless of alignment.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5860 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:26 pm

Also, how sure are you about your read on KBBQ?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5861 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:36 pm

Post by geists »

In post 5859, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I don't agree that disconnected Thor posts are necessarily town. Thor tries to do as scum what he would do as town and is generally very good at it. I think that if he fell behind, he would act the same way regardless of alignment.
A scum hydra partner has a hard time remaining totally disconnected. I agree that Thor could put up a pretty good clueless act if he wanted to.

But, there are tone and timing things that are hard to pull off as scum.

Nacho has been consistently pulling them off.

It's one of the things I find frustrating in case-building, especially town-case-building. You can say "doing x, y, z looks town". And someone is going to always come back with "player-A can do that as scum". But, the thing is, it's not just the doing of x, y z. It's the fluidity, the spontaneity, the reactiveness, the interactiveness, the tone, what nati means by tempo. And keeping all of those balls in the air isn't easy and is in fact impossible to maintain constantly.

And that's how you differentiate town from scum Nacho. He can absolutely do the quintessential town-Nacho thing in isolation. He did that in bork's touhou game and instantly turned my null read to a town read. So, a quintessential town-Nacho thing or 10 don't make a town read any more.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5862 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:40 pm

Post by geists »

In post 5860, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Also, how sure are you about your read on KBBQ?
I feel pretty good about it. I want to talk with GiF about my reads before the day ends.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5863 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:59 pm

So, you are saying you didn't look for the tone and timing issues in Touhou and only added that scumhunting tool to your arsenal recently?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5864 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:05 pm

Post by geists »

No. Tone and timing have always been there, but I've been unduly swayed sometimes by single really solid interactions in a sea of meh. or a sea of non-presence.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5865 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:30 pm

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

In post 5854, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Voting an (apparent) townread with no explanation.
Continuing to push it for nonsense reasons.
Nothing useful or insightful here.
Bad reason to jump on a wagon.
None of these posts make you scum. But they are all blatantly anti-town as they obscure your affiliation making you harder to read.
Oh, okay, so if I did things that allow one to read me and...
In post 5859, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I don't agree that disconnected Thor posts are necessarily town. Thor tries to do as scum what he would do as town and is generally very good at it. I think that if he fell behind, he would act the same way regardless of alignment.
Oh, wait, so basically anything I do might be something I do as scum because, when scum, i do the things I do as town.
Then you whine that I'm being anti-town so I'm hard to read while also noting that anything I do might just be me faking it.
Color me unimpressed by your issue with me, and, yes, I think the hostility is vastly overrated for the actual explanation which is "I think Thor is being anti-town and also that he is hard to read in a general sense"

You also apparently decided that...and then *I* was obligated to start the interaction between us because your plan was not to talk about it.
So you don't have a scum case on me.
You find everything I'm doing terrible because it makes me hard to read.
You have to be forced into discussing and interacting with someone you're finding it hard to read.
But you want to toss belligerant one liners at him.

None of this adds up to me, you're angry that I'm hard to read but don't want to do anything to advance your ability to read me...so...what's going through your head right now?
Because if your plan, as currently stated, is to read Nacho (of which there is ample Nacho available to read) then why even mention me?
More specifically, why attack me when you aren't even willing to call me scummy when pressed on it?
Why did you do this, and why are you angry about it?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5866 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:33 pm

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

In post 5861, geists wrote:A scum hydra partner has a hard time remaining totally disconnected.
I will admit this feels like a double standard.
Look, I am disconnected - but I think it's pretty apparent from my attitude towards the game why I'm disconnected and I can't think of any reason that would ever be alignment related. It's a playstyle reaction of my issues with hydras and issues with silly huge games full of posts I consider off point.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5867 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:10 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

@f16,

if you're scumreading casso (and you obviously disagree with ffery's read here) then why did ffery's SEAL OF APPROVAL make you wanna take casso off the table today?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5868 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:18 pm

The pool of players were too large. I wanted to focus on mutually agreed upon scumreads first and see if I can get a better read on Nacho in the meantime.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5869 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:22 pm

What is your theory for why ffery is townreading Nacho when you have such a strong scumread on him considering past ability to read him accurately (for the most part)? Where do you think is the flaw in her reasoning?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5870 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:47 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

ffery's reasoning is vague. such things as
the fluidity, the spontaneity, the reactiveness, the interactiveness, the tone
are hard to talk about and argue against without examples (or something more specific about the differences between, for example, the tone of his posts when he's town compared to when he's scum).

*shrug*

problem is, i also have a lot of the same issues with describing why i think casso is scum. i don't know how to describe it in a way that wouldn't look like the deranged rantings of a madman. the best i can really describe it is i don't like the way he's approached his reads in this game and i think it's more in line with nacho-scum than nacho-town. but if you ask me to be more specific, i don't think i can be. i'm bad at words and it's almost a gut-level thing. and so i'm not really sure how to approach ffery's read on casso here because i think she's wrong and she thinks i'm wrong and i don't think i can produce a compelling argument that will convince her and i don't think anything she says about her read is going to change my mind.

i also wouldn't classify my read on casso as "strong". i do think he's very likely scum, but i'm not all that confident in my ability to read nacho correctly.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #5871 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:49 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

VOTE: muffin
Show

We the purple Mafia II!

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5872 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:50 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

*shrug*
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #5873 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:48 am

Post by Titus »

Muffin that fenceshit made my eyes bleed water.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #5874 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:08 am

Post by Titus »

A few thoughts from the end of the day 1.

First, why was Varsoon the deadline lynch? There were larger wagons at the time Mastin's disbanded. Also, why wasn't Varsoon given a chance to claim? I am not at BBMolla's lynch without claim is a policy lynch but damn. I know 12 hours and all but that's how PR's get lynched.

Second, Mastin should be announcing his heal target from last night and other prior nights today. If a watcher/tracker can subtly verify him, that would make me feel better about Mastin.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”